Home
We pulled the cover after five months, brushed the hell out of it, cleaned the filters and, after sweating like a hog doing so, at 76 degrees it was was darn tempting.

[Linked Image]
For the last couple of weeks, it's been averaging in the 60's here. Next week they're talking 95+. That's going to shock my system a bit.
It has been hot and humid for a spell but this afternoon it cooled with a nice breeze and less humidity. Really a nice eve/night. That said, I am looking forward to heading to north Idaho in a couple of weeks. Yesterday a friend sent a shot of her husband sitting around the evening fire ring...
Ed, that looks terrific!
... and the Yo's and martini are good choices as well.
Been miserable hot here - 70*.
Bender, the miserable will be the hoards descending from the North for the holiday weekend.

I'm content to stay off the Seward, do a little yard work, get ready for guests next week and sit on the porch and enjoy the grill, a brew and the view.

[Linked Image]

If we ever have "typical" weather, Memorial Day weekend does tend to be sunny, clear with temps in the low 70's, i.e. perfection.
No Pilgrims where we will be. smile

Hating and enjoying the heat simultaneously.
Originally Posted by EdM
We pulled the cover after five months, brushed the hell out of it, cleaned the filters and, after sweating like a hog doing so, at 76 degrees it was was darn tempting.

[Linked Image]

Looks pretty good Ed!

Another sign of a life well-lived. grin
Your Gibson looks like it could use a "freshening up".

Nice looking spot.
heat index was 101 yesterday. humidity even for here as been stifling.
As soon as the sun hits them, Im going to pull the frost covers off my apple trees.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
As soon as the sun hits them, Im going to pull the frost covers off my apple trees.

we have had the swamper running for probably a month here in phoenix. Today we have to start PICKING apples from the trees.
what is this frost cover you talk about?
Picking green beans and squash every other day between showers. You can see the steam. Seems it is always at least 83 degrees. Suns out now so it's sure to be a muggy one!
we had a decent frost this morning, another week I might plant my garden laugh
It is in the high 80s here and pretty nice. Hiked yesterday up in the transition zone in the Spring Mts. from 5k to 6.5 ASL. In more than 40 years living here I have never seen the desert greener of more beautiful. A true creosote bloom, Purple flowers thick on the sage, all the cacti w/ flowers.

Next week it will go over 100*F. I am sure glad the trailheads for a near 12,000 ft. peak starts 30 minutes from my house.

mike r
60 and overcast here today. 50% chance of rain.

Next week looks like some good summer weather.
I suspect your question was tongue in cheek Ron but, I cover my apple trees when they are blooming and frost is predicted overnight. I should let frost get about 2/3 of the blooms this spring. The trees are going to be overloaded otherwise.
© 24hourcampfire