Home
http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x

The changed the ejector angle, put on a metal shroud, filled that cheapo stock so it was quiet, .... And made the scope rails in a way that you can put a pica tinny on it...

All good improvements we've been looking for - and the SAKO 85 needs to fix thier scope rail BS, and screws ... They fixed those already.
Of course they need to fix the ejection port... And probably will in the ? 95 model
I've got "too many" of the older model T3's in the safe. Working to convince a work buddy to pick up the new model in 300 win mag to play around with.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

The changed the ejector angle, put on a metal shroud, filled that cheapo stock so it was quiet, .... And made the scope rails in a way that you can put a pica tinny on it...

All good improvements we've been looking for - and the SAKO 85 needs to fix thier scope rail BS, and screws ... They fixed those already.
Of course they need to fix the ejection port... And probably will in the ? 95 model

I see the "improvements" as fixes to non-existent problems.

I have 5 Tikkas, all shoot scary good with minimal load workup. I'll buy all the used T3s I can find when the T3x pushes prices down.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I see the "improvements" as fixes to non-existent problems.

I have 5 Tikkas, all shoot scary good with minimal load workup. I'll buy all the used T3s I can find when the T3x pushes prices down.

P

Pharmseller,

I agree 100% with you. The bigger ejection port was not Tikkas idea but came about because customers were requesting this. Myself personally I've never had any problem with the smaller ejection port but to the contrary appreciated that it contributed to the rigidity of the action which enhances accuracy.

In a few years I think we'll be reading adds that say......

"looking for a highly sought after original T3 action to do a custom build"

Shod

Are you guys bitching about somebody taking something that is great and making it better '?

BWAHAHAH.... WTF.

If you haven't shot your tikka T3 enough times to wear out a plastic Mag...
Don't give me too much crap.
well,they now list a 6.5x55 sw in the stainless/synthetic t3x in lefthand. now what models will we see in this country.

Are you guys bitching about somebody taking something that is great and making it better '?

BWAHAHAH.... WTF.

Like the Sako 85?
I remember the time when the 75 was reigning supreme. It was a reliable, eye pleasing rendition of a production rifle at an affordable price.
Bell ringers on all of the forums started to complain about non issues like the spring ejector. Uh...oh it is not controlled round feeding. Whatsa gonna do when a bunch of gophers attack you and you won't be able to chamber another round upside down.
By popular demand Beretta introduced the 85. We all know how it turned out. I just hope the T3 is not going to suffer the same faith.
Originally Posted by pigster

BWAHAHAH.... WTF.

Like the Sako 85?
I remember the time when the 75 was reigning supreme. It was a reliable, eye pleasing rendition of a production rifle at an affordable price.
Bell ringers on all of the forums started to complain about non issues like the spring ejector. Uh...oh it is not controlled round feeding. Whatsa gonna do when a bunch of gophers attack you and you won't be able to chamber another round upside down.
By popular demand Beretta introduced the 85. We all know how it turned out. I just hope the T3 is not going to suffer the same faith.

That's not a lauphing matter. A single gopher is nothing to worry about but a herd of gophers is altogether another matter. smile

Shod

I like that cheapo stock just fine the way it is. I've used it to mimic moose antlers in the brush.
It really depends on how they price thing, and how the new ones shoot.

There is a reason why I wore out those plastic mag feed lips.

wink
Other changes are making the recoil lug out of steel instead of aluminum, and a much softer recoil pad.

All the changes were made because of numerous criticisms from customers, not because Tikka made them up out of thin air. Last fall, the estimate Tikka gave for the cost increase in the T3x is around $20.
They fixed most of the stuff I didn't like, and I think it looks much better with the bigger port. Still don't like the DM hanging out the bottom, but given their other virtues, I can get over that.
The port was fine. I single load mine all the time. Just drop the round in, and it will ride on top of the mag.
Yeah but it still sounds like they 'get' it.
Yep, they listen too customer, and apparently aren't so friggin' arogant that they have a leverage-able skill set.

Most "proffesional organizations" anymore are filled with ego first smuck's who over state thier own ability... That never accomplish anything because they have no leverage-able skill set.

Nice to see Tikka get over 50% of the changes right, and have the brains and balls to execute on it.

hat's off to them.

BTW - no one makes everyone happy all the time.

But if you make most of the people happy more than once - your a frigg'n genius to most sleg's.

Sako and Tikka is all I need.
Because the Tikka virus was causing birth abnormalities throughout South and Central America.
© 24hourcampfire