Home
We have been using Comcast. This month our bill went from 45 to 70 bucks. 45 bucks seemed like a lot to me but 70 make me think saying good buy Comcast but, They are the only provider in my part of town.

So how much is standard no frills wireless today if I already have my own router?
We get it through our local telephone co-op--$36/month.
Free...But...she works for the phone company...
Too damn much.
59.99. Sat dish ..exede
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Too damn much.

WhAT HE SAID !^^^^^^^^^^^
SuddenLink just went up from $45 to $55 a month. When I had cable TV it was $165 a month.
I don't know. The wife is in charge of paying it off every month from the bank account. My job is to keep money coming in the bank account.

Note: Something tells me that I don't want to know.
They wanted me to add cable but I did not do it, seems to me paying for it when we don't own or want a TV seemed kind of stupid. But, I may sign up for cable, it would be ten bucks less to have cable than what they want for wireless alone.

Think I am going shopping for options.
About $60 here - and it's the ONLY one around.. frown
We pay $125/month for TV and Internet. That is a huge saving from ATT, that was $198/month.
$77 per month, phone & net. Heeep big bucks, but 60 mbps. Measured the actual down, is ~53-56 mbps, upload ~ 11 mbps. Charter Communications.
I've got an Indian out back....pumping on a bicycle and mine is cheaper than dirt!!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I've got an Indian out back....pumping on a bicycle and mine is cheaper than dirt!!

Can I borrow him?

$95/ month for phone line + 50 MB/s internet
We pay $53 Canadian per month for 50 gbytes. It runs off the cell phone network, but we don't need a cell phone. Plug the router sized machine into 110 volts, and you get internet. Way more reliable than the other system we had. Any overage of 50-75 gigs costs us five bucks more, and from 75-100 gigs is five bucks more than that. Our highest month so far has been around 30 gigs, and we do not try to purposely limit our use.

Service provided by Bell Canada mobility.
$59.99 a month all in for 30mbps. No phone or TV.
Well, after six calls and my telling to shut me off their service they decided I could keep my same 75 MBPS unlimited data for another year for just a $5 a month increase.

Thinking next year I will look and see what Verizon is doing.
about 230 a month for uverse and internet, 7 TVs in the house

$43 for Time Warner Cable(25MB down, 1.5MB up) but I get it through Earthlink. Earthlink doesn't raise the rates every month like Time Warner and AT&T.

They are putting google fiber in my neighborhood and I can't wait!
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Can I borrow him?

Since I've retired he stays busy....except during hunting season! He's probably got some kin that needs a job! They ALL....don't own motels!!
No cable available where I live, no DSL service either. Satellite is the last resort. Do you have wireless available? Usually if you have cell phone service you have wireless internet available. We use T-Mobile 50 bucks/month for 7Gigs of bandwidth. Has it's own hotspot where laptops can access. Verizon and Sprint has this service, you'll just have to search.

Hello Scot, here in the Riverina in New South Wales we are getting adsl2 at 1500 with 300 gb of download plus all telephone calls local/interstate/mobile for au $69.90 a month.

At the current exchange rate that is about US $2.30...or so it feels when I frequent ebay.
$36/month on a promo rate for 15gb DSL. I would prefer cable (have had it in the past in previous homes) as it seems to get more consistent and faster speeds for the money but in our current place this is our only option.
Frontier Communications slaps $29.99 a month onto my Visa card for my "high speed internet" service. Don't ask me any technical questions about it because I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. All I know is that it's a lot better than the old "dial-up" system that I suffered with until last year.
$65.51 for just internet, but it's the only one in this area, except for satellite. None of the satellite services are cheaper, for the same service.
I pay about 105 for internet, land line phone, and TV.
I live out in the boonies.
$30/mo for my land line that I never use but is required by my provider.
$30/. for unlimited internet. Fast enough to stream videos but just barely.
$50/mo for my cell which has a bunch of Gb but I can't remember.

I tossed my satellite dish in the scrap bin a couple months ago. I still don't miss it. I've been going to check with my cell provider to see about any internet (hotspot) through them.
I have called my ISP whenever my "special deal" expires. I simply tell them that I am moving to xyz provider for their deal. They match it 9 out of 10 times. Don't be afraid to negotiate your price. I am paying $31.00 a month for internet only.
I sit in MickieDees with the porch monkeys all day.
$37 from Time Warner for 15mbs down only. They tried to raise is last year to $55 and I told them to shove off I was going elsewhere and they changed their tune.

I miss North Dakota Midconntinent Cable $43 for 30+mbs down.
Century Link, Internet only, $25 a month for the first year, no plan, we can opt out at anytime, then will double to $50, unless better offers are available by then.
Pretty much unlimited service, we'll leave several internet pages up all day, such as weather radar at times, and others everyday.
in the Gainesville home, I pay $70 a month for crappy ATT DSL service. Less than 5 MBS download speed.
In Miami, for much better HotWire fiber optic service, 55 MBS download speed, I pay $49.95.
More than I really feel the internet is worth, but I balance that with the fact that the internet also provides all entertainment access, since I don't have cable.
Was paying about $45/mo for broadband wireless. Limited options in Sticksville, ya know.

Got some new 'yuppie' neighbors, with a less than secure wireless router and am 'borrowing' internet access from them now.
Yesterday the offered me a deal where I get the same speed for five bucks more if I agree to go under contract and I said OK. Today there is a flier in my mail box that is offering me three years at sixteen bucks a month with no contract.

I have not called them today, shooting a salesman over the phone is not good. mad
I`m at$69.99 a month for just internet through the cable company. That`s unlimited gig use. We stream Netflix, and I run my Ooma phone through it.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Century Link, Internet only, $25 a month for the first year, no plan, we can opt out at anytime, then will double to $50, unless better offers are available by then.
Pretty much unlimited service, we'll leave several internet pages up all day, such as weather radar at times, and others everyday.

That's who I'm with and they never offered me a deal like that. Gonna give them a call.
40.00 a month (promo rate), when they want to up it I just threaten to switch.

Spend about another 20.00 a month for hulu & netflix, used to pay about a 150 or so for the two but moved and said to hell with it.

Able to get a few other channels via friends accounts and various channel apps on roku.
Originally Posted by Scott F
They wanted me to add cable but I did not do it, seems to me paying for it when we don't own or want a TV seemed kind of stupid. But, I may sign up for cable, it would be ten bucks less to have cable than what they want for wireless alone.

Think I am going shopping for options.

Scott, our only option is wireless. We had a verizon air card for several years, which is handy if you want to take it on the road.

We did not want to do that. So we now have a "cantenae" from Verizon. Which inclides a wireless router in the house.

$50 per month for 8 gigabytes of data. Increased usage plans are available for increased cost.

I'm thinking if Bernie gets elected it'll be free, or the govt will send me a check every month for $7083 to cover it.
Pay TWC $34.95 for unlimmited 50mbs.
© 24hourcampfire