Home
Posted By: viking Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Anyone use one, either carry on your person, or to the the truck? What do you carry in it?

I just ordered the NRA EDC bag, are they any good? I plan on carrying a G17, to and fro.....
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Tactical man purse...

...pass
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
I carry a shoulder bag to & from work. My EDC weapon is ON ME at all times.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Which one do you have (and like?) and does it have any good points and/or things you would change?

I have a fanny pack (not for carry) that I use for checkbooks, extra readers, notebook etc when I go to town and have been considering shoulder/sling type replacement at the fanny pack is wearing out. Might serve for carry in summer when I'm in shorts and t shirt and mini "bail out".

Geno
Posted By: viking Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
That's what I was asking, thanks V.
Posted By: InternetGuru Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
I use a Galco leather portfolio case in a Samsonite laptop messenger. Easy to carry when training dogs or taking walks in the summer heat. Mine also carries my first aid kit for the dog, collapsible water bowl and water bottle. When I'm wearing a suit the portfolio goes into the briefcase. Long trips in the car, it can ride on the passenger seat. I looked for a true concealed carry bag but they all look far too military- webbing loops everywhere, huge buckles, velcro patches, usually a big company logo.
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
I use a Galco leather portfolio case in a Samsonite laptop messenger. Easy to carry when training dogs or taking walks in the summer heat. Mine also carries my first aid kit for the dog, collapsible water bowl and water bottle. When I'm wearing a suit the portfolio goes into the briefcase. Long trips in the car, it can ride on the passenger seat. I looked for a true concealed carry bag but they all look far too military- webbing loops everywhere, huge buckles, velcro patches, usually a big company logo.

Thanks IG,
for letting us know about your experience.

My thoughts on the appearance of the majority of bags available. Too "tacticool" looking for my needs.

Geno
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry has his man purse stolen.

Any gun I carry is going to be on my body, NOT in a bag some perp can grab and run with!

I do have one of those nice Camo shoulder bags I use to carry all my crap in to the deer blind. I prefer them over a back pack. Mine has my Bino's, Rangfinder, extra ammo, cell phone, flashlight and extra batteries, and water and food. And toilet paper. grin
Some less tactical appearing options I found today:

http://www.travelonbags.com/anti-theft/classic/anti-theft-classic-light-sling

http://www.pacsafe.com/bags/sling-bags.html

The fanny pac I mentioned before is a Pac-safe and held up relatively well for my purposes. Interesting way of safekeeping stuff while traveling, the whole pack has a web of wire and the straps have aircraft cable to prevent cut and run thieves.

Geno
Posted By: viking Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
I like that pacsafe model.

I got the EDC, not to carry on me all the time, not my style. But throw extra rifle and pistol mags in it, maybe a knife, definitely a flashlight, water. That and when I take the KLR out it might be handy to travel with.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by InternetGuru

Thanks IG,
for letting us know about your experience.

My thoughts on the appearance of the majority of bags available. Too "tacticool" looking for my needs.

Geno

Yep.

They all scream a combination of search me, shoot me, steal me.
Posted By: Snake River Marksman Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
Is there a college or major sports team nearby? A book bag or messenger type bag would go totally unnoticed. You can have pockets sewn inside for pretty cheap.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
It's not a purse, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones has one....
Posted By: WildWest Re: Carry bags? - 07/12/16
The Mountain men had possible bags for what you describe. So man bags go back a long ways.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
A lot of the time when I have to carry additional items, I simply use one of my quality Daypacks.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
I carry a Maxpedition fatboy Versapack. Where I go, it goes. Flashlights, .XDS .45, ammo, water bottle, sunglasses, earplugs, billfold, change holder, and all sorts of other stuff.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
my F350 back seat and rear toolbox.

norm
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Tactical man purse...

...pass

We used to refer to them as a "[bleep] bag". But, they do hide a gun well. I suggest you wear a lot of gold, tight Italian cut slacks and leave your top shirt button undone to complete the illusion.

kwg
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Which one do you have (and like?) and does it have any good points and/or things you would change?

Geno

I use the Wittenburg AM 24 Shoulder Bag. It has been many a rugged mile with me. I like it fine as is. Mine does not have the CC pocket as depicted.

http://outdoorproductsplus.com/Shoulder%20Bags/MM24/AM24%20Black%20cropped.gif

It's functional, inexpensive, highly durable, expandable, has brass zippers & is lightweight. Reckon I've had mine for about 15 years. It is no where near worn out. Mine has a brass D-ring right at the strap attachment for keys.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I carry a Maxpedition fatboy Versapack. Where I go, it goes. Flashlights, .XDS .45, ammo, water bottle, sunglasses, earplugs, billfold, change holder, and all sorts of other stuff.

Got a dog ta chase the nappy headed mofo that's running away with your world ?

Eggs, basket,...........
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Any gun I carry is going to be on my body, NOT in a bag some perp can grab and run with!

Me too.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I do have one of those nice Camo shoulder bags I use to carry all my crap in to the deer blind. I prefer them over a back pack.

I used to do the same for blind hunting. Now I prefer the Hill People Kit Bag. https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Portals/21/CVStoreImages/ReconKBRG2_600.JPG

Before I made the switch I thoroughly enjoyed my blind shoulder bags.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I carry a Maxpedition fatboy Versapack. Where I go, it goes.

I looked into Maxpedition. At the time they only offered right hand or left hand. My bag is either/or. So, the strap is neutrally positioned. That i like. Max offered a bag in 2013 that I was going to replace my current with but they discontinued it once I was ready to buy.

Max has yet to make a bag that is worthy of replacing my Wittenburg.
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
I carry a go-ruck GR0 backpak to carry my laptop/ ipad when riding to work and I have sticthed a holster to the molle stapping on the inside

ML
Posted By: DavePrice Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
What I am looking for is one combined with a soft side insulated lunch bag. Lots of people bring lunches to work in them so I wouldn't get unwanted attention.
Posted By: deflave Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
This:

http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-carry-incognito-33071.html

And a SBR.

Clark
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Carry bags? - 07/13/16
Anybody who doesn't want their gun bag stolen, so they carry a laptop bag, is definitely doing it wrong.

And if you can't manage to carry a man-purse without getting it stolen, your problem isn't the man-purse.
© 24hourcampfire