Home
This comes from Trapperman website , a member there is having the same trouble as many here are with Youtube video's and the black bar instead of video.

Sirdude is a problem solver -I can't figure out if this BBCode is for posting video's or seeing posted video's ?

Where would the "regex" get pasted so that the codes match ?

http://sirdude.com/a-better-youtube-custom-bbcode
Curious, what web browsers are you folks using that are having trouble?
Im using Chrome. Tried Firefox and its the same way.
Chrome
IE.
chrome.
Chrome
I see the black bar on Safari but don't when I use Firefox. I just get to see all the pop-up adds or Firefox that I don't have to see on Safari. I would rather see the black bars than all the pop-ups so I keep Safari.
hmmmmmmm something has changed.
I got black bars for a couple days with Chrome and Safari. Everything seems okay now.
Chrome/Ad blocker+ .

I have it also,IE
I emptied cache, updated Firefox to version 48 and Adobe Flash. There was an additional plug in for Flash that I had not seen before. Working on fixing Safari now.

Problem solved!! No pop-ups either.

I have windows 7 on my home computer and I only see the black bars. I have Chrome on my Samsung tablet and I can see the videos. The adblocker does not work on my tablet. The adblocker works on my home computer. I really don't think adblocker has anything to do with it. I just don't know what does.

kwg
IE-9 and Firefox here. Embeded YouTube videos seem to be displaying normal and fine here at the Campfire when using Firefox but not with IE. Oddly though at a few other websites I checked embeded Youtube videos displayed normally using IE too.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it but for several weeks now I've been seeing short and long runs of what I assume to be raw computer code show up intermittently over the Campfire forum pages. So far when it happens it has always been somewhere in the basic layout of the Campfire website. Never have seen it occur directly in a members post or reply.

Here's a copy and paste example from right before making this post.

24hourcampfire/CMGDB_OOP', 'div-gpt-ad-1462905611685-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.enableServices(); });
Originally Posted by kwg020
I have windows 7 on my home computer and I only see the black bars. I have Chrome on my Samsung tablet and I can see the videos. The adblocker does not work on my tablet. The adblocker works on my home computer. I really don't think adblocker has anything to do with it. I just don't know what does.

kwg

I had Adblock working on my kindle, you have to change some settings on your tablet to allow Adblock to function, I'm sorry but I can't remember how to do it. I'm sure a google on the subject will give you the answer.
Can you see this Scott?

Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

I have both Chrome and Firefox on my Samsung tablet and adblock on both. No ads no problems.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Can you see this Scott?

Yep. No problem. I don't know why it did not show up that way when I posted it.

Edited to add: Pretty interesting video of how one guy survived a bad situation.
I disabled Adblock, still same black bars,

although it was hard to tell, with all 87 ads blocking the screen.
I'm running chrome and I'm getting them, too.
Scott- what I did was just copy and paste the YouTube ID # into the embed video box that pops up. You can put either the ID or url into that box. The ID for your video is 2iFo1TrYMq4.
Running Chrome and AdBlock. Just updated Chrome, still black bars.
I wonder if its youtube and not the browsers. They might have done an update thats not compatible.
Scott- what I did was just copy and paste the YouTube ID # into the embed video box that pops up. You can put either the ID or url into that box. The ID for your video is 2iFo1TrYMq4.

Thanks.

[video:youtube]2iFo1TrYMq4[/video]

Looks like it works now.
No problem here seeing the videos running firefox, but something turned off my adblocker the other day. I turned it back on and everything works fine. There may be some updates going around that is messing things up. In the past I have gotten Microsoft updates that were out of order (I missed some for some reason or the other) and it took a couple of updates to get it working right. miles
Would sure like to know what the problem is. I'm using Firefox, Adblock Plus and Adobe flash, all updated, no problems.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Would sure like to know what the problem is. I'm using Firefox, Adblock Plus and Adobe flash, all updated, no problems.

Same here but I did have to update both my browsers and Flash to get there. Windows users may want to roll back the OS to the last known working version. I believe it's restore at boot up.
On Chrome with Adblock and Ghostery running, disabled or any combination I get black bars. It appears to me that the flash is updated, could be wrong though.

On Firefox with Adblock and Ghostery running I get the vids just fine.
Stay out of black bars.
I never got good service there.
It's happening to a lot of people on various forums and seems to have started in the past week or so.
Same here. I can connect to the linked videos but just black bars if they're posted here.
I don't YouTube often but when I get the "an error occurred" black screen deleting YouTube cookies and reloading the page seems to get the thing working.

YouTube's problem. Lots of complaints and suggestions on the 'net but this worked for me, so far anyway. YMMV
No embedded Youtubes here either tho Youtube itself still works fine.

Chrome and Adblock.
black bars in pale moon , videos in firefox , puzzling
Still nothing here but the black bar.. Updated everything - no go..
Originally Posted by Redneck
Still nothing here but the black bar.. Updated everything - no go..

Same here.

It might be due the upcoming changes that will dump Adobe Flash.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/i...-crashing-in-google-chrome-dead-3332967/

However, note that as of September 2016 (in Chrome v53), Google Chrome will no longer support Adobe Flash. Google reasons: "Today, more than 90% of the Flash on the web loads behind the scenes to support things like page analytics. This kind of Flash slows you down, and starting this September, Chrome 53 will begin to block it. HTML5 is much lighter and faster, and publishers are switching over to speed up page loading and save you more battery life. You’ll see an improvement in responsiveness and efficiency for many sites."

Flash has never been supported by iOS, and was removed from Android some years ago. Going forward sites will be encouraged to use HTML5 over Flash.
Any advice then on what to do re: Flash and HTML5?
If you right click on the black bar it says Adobe Flash Player. I didn't have Adobe Flash Player so I downloaded the latest version yesterday and nothing changed. I think my Microsoft virus blocker is blocking these videos. I have Windows 7 Pro and use IE. No problems with any other videos.
Embeded YouTube videos have been displaying and playing normally for me when I use the Firefox browser but using I.E. browser all I get is the 'black bar'.

Right clicking on 'black' bar with I.E. opens a little window with Adobe Flash options and info.

Right clicking on the embeded YouTube video player using Firefox browser opens a similar option window but says "About the HTML5 Player".

Clicking on the "About the HTML5 Player" leads to this at the YouTube website:
https://www.youtube.com/html5
YouTube HTML5 Video Player

Many YouTube videos will play using HTML5 in supported browsers. You can request that the HTML5 player be used if your browser doesn't use it by default.

If you encounter any problems, right-click on the player and choose "report playback issue", or let us know on the user support forums. Your feedback will help us continue to improve the player.
What does this browser support?

HTMLVideoElement
H.264
WebM VP8

Media Source Extensions
MSE & H.264
MSE & WebM VP9

The HTML5 player is currently used when possible.
Supported Browsers

Many browsers support both the video element in HTML5 and either the H.264 video codec or the WebM format. These include:

Google Chrome
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Firefox
Opera
Apple Safari

Thanks, but I right clicked and left clicked and nothing happens.
An enigma?
Well something is going on and the folks at You Tube appear to be aware. It's definitely not a personal system problem. Surprised Rick has not weighed in.

g5m if you're using Safari the right click does not give you the same result as FF and others.

Found this so some escalations have been made. ZOMBIES!!

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/youtube/1vxJ7eHZeRY;context-place=forum/youtube
Originally Posted by byc
Well something is going on and the folks at You Tube appear to be aware. It's definitely not a personal system problem. Surprised Rick has not weighed in.

Found this so some escalations have been made.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/youtube/1vxJ7eHZeRY;context-place=forum/youtube

Yea, it would be helpful if Rick/Sysops knew or just had a fair idea what the problem might be they'd post a FYI so members wouldn't be trying all kinds of "fixes" and unnecessary software programs maybe getting their machines all screwed up.
byc, thank you.
Mine was having this problem several months ago. Nothing I did seemed to help. But one day I logged on and its been working just fine ever since. Only thing I can figure is I recieved a new update on something that fixed the problem. Wish I could tell you what it was.
Originally Posted by Scott F

Thanks.

[video:youtube]2iFo1TrYMq4[/video]

Looks like it works now.

This one still shows a black bar for me, as does the one above.

Using Chrome and ABP.

Same.

Plus CCLEANER.
Too many people, including myself are experiencing this. This has nothing to do with individual computers. This is a Rick issue.
Only happening on this site. Using Chrome and ABP.
Update Adobe flash player... run a search on Adobe and black bars, there's a lot posted on it.

Phil
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image]

I'll make heads, tails, port and starboard with that!

Seriously, still happening.
We haven't done anything on our end. Adobe sounds like a great place to start, as they are perpetually behind the curve.

Too many people, including myself are experiencing this. This has nothing to do with individual computers. This is a Rick issue.

How do you figure that, since there are lots of us here that are having no problems? Every problem seems to get blamed on Rick, but I figure it is the settings on individual computers. Lots of different ways to configure them, and I am not one to know how, but mine seems to always work. miles
I don't think this is Rick's problem. I have the same issue on other web sites that have embedded video in them.
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I don't think this is Rick's problem. I have the same issue on other web sites that have embedded video in them.

It is Rick's problem. Youtube changed the way embedded video code works on the bulletin board software he uses and he needs to update his embedding code.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=438&p=14499886
update worked for me...
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by VaHunter

It is Rick's problem. Youtube changed the way embedded video code works on the bulletin board software he uses and he needs to update his embedding code.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=438&p=14499886

There's some kind of code glitch I've been seeing pop up here intermitentlly for a good while now on my end. It drifts around from one place to another and sometimes it's not there at all. When it is it's always in this website's layout never inside members posts. A refresh or advance to another post or page it's usually either gone completely or moves to a different section of the website layout. Most often the very top of the page.

In your profile beneath your screen name "Pugs" on the left side of your abpve quoted post there was this insted of your profile airplane patch just now:

Pugs
Campfire 'Bwana
otobucket.com/albums/b52/gaepps/EA-6B_Prowler_patch-007b_zpspe0jcdsj.gif" alt="" width="64" height="80" />
Loc: Maryland frown
My computer seems to be showing the embeds now. I don't know if something happened on my end, maybe an automatic Flashplayer update, or something on this website.

I was getting tired of looking at black bars!
© 24hourcampfire