Home
Posted By: EdM Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
Another recall due to listeria.
http://wgno.com/2016/09/21/blue-bell-issues-recall-of-two-flavors-over-listeria-concerns/
Posted By: Longbob Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
This isn't good. They are doing the right thing, but this one may turn out to be crippling for them.
Well, at least I can still get my Bluebell Cherry Vanilla!

Oh, a link! smile
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
Originally Posted by Longbob
This isn't good. They are doing the right thing, but this one may turn out to be crippling for them.

They're doing the right thing because they've got government auditors watching every move they make. That, and they didn't do the right thing when they were selling ice cream that was known to be hot for listeria but they shipped it anyway and people died.

My wife is a rabid blue bell fan. I'm not allowed to talk facts in the house.
I guess I've ate my last Bluebell.
Listeria can cause ........ symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea

Blue Bell Ice Cream Half Gallons: Code Dates
Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 082618226
Blue Bell Cookie Two Step 080418222, 081818224

Coincidence? I don't think so. shocked
Looks like it was a 3rd party vendor this time and not Bluebell directly..
And in fairness, it was an ingredient from an external supplier this time.
You'd sure think someone would have done a better job choosing names for product from a company which has had a history though..... smirk
My son pointed out that the real harm to Bluebell comes from people finding out that it is not so special after all, once they were forced to try alternatives.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
Originally Posted by curdog4570
My son pointed out that the real harm to Bluebell comes from people finding out that it is not so special after all, once they were forced to try alternatives.

I am from Texas and it always seemed more hype than anything. Not my favorite ice cream, but that is a bit misleading. I pretty much like all ice cream. Hard to say I have a specific favorite.
Most ice creameries have listeria issues. It comes with the territory. Like someone is bound to find a rat hair in flour, or detect cowshat in milk.

If the issue is addressed and product recalled, the threat is removed.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Spot on.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Most ice creameries have listeria issues. It comes with the territory. Like someone is bound to find a rat hair in flour, or detect cowshat in milk.

If the issue is addressed and product recalled, the threat is removed.

Just guessing that there may be folks out there that have already downed some.
Posted By: McInnis Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16

Sadly, I think your son is right. Being from Texas, I waited for years to see it here in Wyoming. And since the first episode, it's never come back. But I have to admit, Dryer's is really, really good.
Blue Bunny out of LeMarr's (sp?), Iowa, is really creamier and better.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
I like Madelyn's best. Made with 100% cream and home concocted flavors.
No different than slipping at Wal-Mart. They're an easy mark now. It's hard for anybody to survive once the parasites mark you as a paycheck. That's what liberals do.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/21/16
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Blue Bunny has a flavor called Banana Split that is fantastic.

One of my coworkers was an engineer in that plant. He said they make not only Blue Bunny there, but most of the private label ice cream. However much a company wants to spend dictates the quality of ice cream they put out b
Best I have had.

[Linked Image]
A little barn yard fecal matter is essential if one wants to build a healthy immune system.

A little poo in your diet will keep you out of the doctor's office. Better than any apple.

Get rid of the hand sanitizer, get some poo.
A required stop when we visit Cincy. That and Skyline chili!

Better still, is Hotlicks ice cream in Fairbanks.

Originally Posted by EdM
Best I have had.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
A little barn yard fecal matter is essential if one wants to build a healthy immune system.

A little poo in your diet will keep you out of the doctor's office. Better than any apple.

Occasionally I would hear my ex mutter "eat chit and die mutherpucker"

It's obvious that she was wrong as I'm still kickin'. grin laugh wink
First time Blue Bell had problems, I found that
Blue Bunny French Vanilla fit the bill for me, and was happy for a while, then I noticed that the same looking tub had Blue Ribbon on it and was low fat. Still pretty good, but not as good, and I can't find that particular Blue Bunny any more. Looking for another alternative that is not designer ice cream that costs an arm and a leg. miles
Posted By: joken2 Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16
Originally Posted by joken2

Blue Bunny has a flavor called Banana Split that is fantastic.

Originally Posted by ironbender

Skyline? shocked You might as well go ahead & eat the Bluebell Lucious Lysteria... it'd likely be easier on your gastrointestinal tract. grin

My kid moved to Austin last Spring, & he still pines for Skyline. I reckon that's proof positive he hasn't yet assimilated to his TX environs.

FC
Posted By: mohick Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16
Single best artery pluger in the grocery store, heart surgeons love this stuff. Happy eating !!!!!!!!!!
I've gained 10 pounds since moving to Oregon. Blue Bell was my go-to in Alabama, but Umpqua Dairy Chocolate Brownie Thunder has been my downfall. (I must admit the experience may be enhanced by something I couldn't get legally back in the swamps grin).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

Skyline? shocked You might as well go ahead & eat the Bluebell Lucious Lysteria... it'd likely be easier on your gastrointestinal tract. grin

My kid moved to Austin last Spring, & he still pines for Skyline. I reckon that's proof positive he hasn't yet assimilated to his TX environs.

FC

I like Skyline now. It wasn't easy at first. I do make a point of saying that it's not really 'chili', but a gravy on the sketty with onions and cheese.

Then Graeters for desert. But again, the best ice cream is Hotlicks in Fairbanks.

Posted By: EdM Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16

Better still, is Hotlicks ice cream in Fairbanks.

Originally Posted by EdM
Best I have had.

[Linked Image]

You've had both? I have not.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16

I guess but folks died the last go around.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

FC

I like Skyline now. It wasn't easy at first. I do make a point of saying that it's not really 'chili', but a gravy on the sketty with onions and cheese.

Then Graeters for desert. But again, the best ice cream is Hotlicks in Fairbanks.

Yup, Hotlicks is amazing!
Umpqua ice cream is good and it was my favorite but then I found Alden's organic. It's the best ice cream I've ever had. Coffee chip and chocolate chocolate chip.
Baskin Robbins is like a drug to me!
Posted By: byc Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/22/16
You want the BEST ice cream then make your own.

We do and no recalls!! grin

But then we pretty much make and grow everything we eat.

BTW---Heavy emphasis here on canning and long term storage!!
Posted By: EdM Re: Bluebell In the News Again - 09/23/16
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Looks like it was a 3rd party vendor this time and not Bluebell directly..

Saw on the news the third party is claiming otherwise. Their stuff "was tested clean" prior to shipment. Call the lawyers...
Originally Posted by EdM

I guess but folks died the last go around.

I am sure they did, and will continue to die.

I am not sure we are better off than we used to be, now that everything is "sterile".

Yes, it may have been a poor attempt at humor, but with all our "advances" we are still loosing the microbe war.
© 24hourcampfire