Home
Posted By: Alamosa say hello to my little friend - 10/01/16
[Linked Image]

This is Cassidy

Just 10 weeks. She has Leotie and scarecrow for company.
[Linked Image]

When these turkeys come into the yard she approaches them and they slowly move off. Seems to maybe be a little herding already.
[Linked Image]

Green apples fall off the tree in my yard. Never seen a dog eat apples before.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TLB2 Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/01/16
Nice looking pup!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Good for you! smile
Awesome pup!
She is just BEAUTIFUL, Old Timer !

Long may you both run !

GTC

So what is a blue heeler all about ?

Cute! Looks like trouble! wink
she is a beaut! as for dogs eating apples i sat and watched my yellow lab eat 12 apples one day! i figured she would have to sleep outside but she had no problems!
Best thread I've seen here in a bit.

Congrats!
That's a good looking pup. Love the heelers.
I can see "heeler attitude" already.
She is a beautiful girl.

Allan
She's a varmity-eyed little girl and will have everything figured out before you know it. grin
Originally Posted by deerstalker
she is a beaut! as for dogs eating apples i sat and watched my yellow lab eat 12 apples one day! i figured she would have to sleep outside but she had no problems!

When I was a kid my old griffon, Rip, would knock you down and stand on you until you shared your apple with him. I always carried two apples while chuckar hunting. shocked
Gotta love those blue heelers!
I'm jealous.
I just love them little 4 legged piranhas.
She is just beautiful, congratulations on the wonderful addition to your family smile

Over the last few years my Lab Whinnie has taken to snacking on pears, she started with windfalls, but has moved up to the "jump and snatch" move from the lower branches. No wind or backdoor problems at all thankfully.
Great looking pup, and about a year of pure mischievous and playful curiosity just shy of a being in a lot of trouble.

Phil
what a great looking pup, and I can see a lot of spark there too.
Good Cassidy!

Good Alamosa! smile
Posted By: rong Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/02/16
cute little bugger
Great pup and post!
That looks fun. And frustrating too!
What does it do?

Travis
That is gonna be a great dog I bet.
laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by deflave
What does it do?

Travis

Well it has been my experience that when they grow up they keep the cat population in check and keep salesman in their cars. LOL
Great looking Pup!

I've got a Golden Retriever that LOVES apples!

Yesterday, she even ate a pear!

Virgil B.
That is a good looking little doggie!
And eccentric. I never heard of a dog eating an apple.
Hello little apple eater. Very cute!
Posted By: rnr Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/02/16
Cute little herder. Lucky guy.

Isn't there cyanide in apple seeds?
I seem to remember a friends dog going into shock and almost dying a few years back.
Cute.
[Linked Image]

Peach pits are supposed to be lethal, too.
My Queensland Heeler, Grace, has been scarfing peaches since she was a pup, and has taught the younger apprentice how to crack the pits to get at the "Poisonous" center. She won't stand up to steal em', just grazes as high as she can, comfortably.
She'll damn near climb a tree to get at Green Beans or Cow Peas.
When the Mesquites drop their crop, both dogs get slick, and fat on em'.

Vets say they're the two healthiest dogs they know.
It makes me smile, and that's good enough. laugh

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by deerstalker

When I was a kid my old griffon, Rip, would knock you down and stand on you until you shared your apple with him. I always carried two apples while chuckar hunting. shocked

in 1958-59 i had a griffon and his name was Rip. hated foxes and would run them down and kill them.
Great looking pup!

This put a grin on my face this morning. Thanks for sharing her with us. grin

Ed
So many breeds I see are still weak, frail, and kinda' puny at 10 weeks.

.....these Heelers are typically rock solid, agile and, damn near DOGS at that age.

That pic of the new pup with the Pine Cone cracks me up !

GTC

Posted By: KC Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/02/16

Reminds me of a dog I saw once, at a campfire rendezvous, although younger.

confused Hmmmmm!

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
It makes me smile, and that's good enough. laugh

[Linked Image]

That makes me smile.
Originally Posted by KC

Reminds me of a dog I saw once, at a campfire rendezvous, although younger.

confused Hmmmmm!

Thanks for remembering her.

When she (Heidi) passed I was too messed up to celebrate her life or share her story. Kept myself numb for far longer than I care to admit but finally snapped out of it.

This breeder we found has an Australian bloodline that produces some of these lighter colored coats. The breeder's name for her was Mottled Female.

Great pup cool smile!
Posted By: las Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/02/16
My labs/lab mixes all ate apples and never got sick from them. Good looking pup there. Smart too. she'll have you trained in no time!
Great.. Love almost all kinds of dogs..She is a sweetie..
[Linked Image]

Good times this morning.

I am astonished at the way the 3 year old (Leotie) welcomed her onto the fold. Better than I ever could have hoped for. They are already pretty inseparable.

During the housetraining routine when we catch her peeing and yell "No. Go outside" Leotie will tuck tail and fold ears and go outside herself or try to cover and protect the pup.

Heelers have pretty deep, pretty individual, personalities, and Leotie always bonded to other dogs first and secondarily to humans.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They had found a mouse under a board out here this morning and were making big sport of that.

She got loose!
My wife was gone - she's gonna be pi$$ed.
We live at the end of a dead end road so no traffic to speak of but she dragged home a dead rotten cat. mad
She has only had 2 rounds of shots so far.

The 3 year old heeler knows how to open screen doors and opened one today. (all my heelers figured out screen doors pretty fast)

Got a callback from the on-call vet.
He said expect her maybe to hurl or diarrhea but shouldn't result in anything serious. I'll be worried for a while.

She has grown a lot in a week. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Her sister (different litter, same parents) got adopted by Farm Truck from the Street Outlaws TV program.
[Linked Image]

Retrieving the duck training bumper today. The pup wants the rubber duck but is not willing to swim for it yet.
[Linked Image]
Cute little buzzard, indeed.
Mine have eaten a coupla' cats,...

...relax, Man,...it's what Heelers do.

GTC
Posted By: BMT Re: say hello to my little friend - 10/08/16
Nice little pup!
Great looking pup, congratulations.

I used to live about 10 miles from the property where they first bred the Blue Healer. Can be really nice dogs, although I have a scar on my left arm that says they can be otherwise! Recent dealings with this bread have been very positive.
© 24hourcampfire