Home
Posted By: Terryk Best coffee thermos for hunting - 10/09/16
I had a good thermos for years, but it got dented up and would not hold in the heat. My wife bought be a walmart stainless generic pint size one, and it really doesn't hold the heat. I was looking at something smaller, like a pint - 24 ounces. What do you guys carry?
I use one by Thermos. It was a give away from NRA some years back. Keeps coffee hot all day. Stainless steel, vacuum, double wall.
10-12 hrs in 20 degree weather...coffee still steaming.

http://www.thermos.com/products/vacuum-insulated-16-oz-stainless-steel-compact-beverage-bottle.aspx
Bigger than you asked about, but I have a couple like this one and they keep coffee hot longer than anything else, that I have ever tried. miles

thermos
hydro flask has a wide range of sizes. I'm assuming the bigger ones hold heat longer than the smaller ones.

http://www.hydroflask.com/all-products
Highwave MoJOEmo, I used this cuo for a thermos for several years wile driving truck. It will not leak, is easy to use and clean and it will keep coffee hot for 12 hours. I hd one go bad and gave them a call. Three days later I had a new one in my mail box no questions asked. They stand behind their stuff.

Highwave MoJOEmo

If I want more I go with a Stanley. Recently had a old Stanly go bad. I developed a small leek between the insulating chambers. Stanley said to mark it no good and throw it away and a new one was on the way.

Stanley makes a 20 oz. one available in WalMart.
Stanley is the one I use. Take the rattling handle off and use it without one or put on one that doesn't rattle.
Even the best steel thermos will keep your coffee hotter longer if you preheat it with boiling water for a few minutes.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Even the best steel thermos will keep your coffee hotter longer if you preheat it with boiling water for a few minutes.

This, and wrap it with a piece of wetsuit type material. I had a Giant size coozy wrapped around my stanley for years. Wore the bottom through. It seemed to really help.
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by Paul_M

This, and wrap it with a piece of wetsuit type material. I had a Giant size coozy wrapped around my stanley for years. Wore the bottom through. It seemed to really help.

Yup. When is really cold I have pulled a couple of heavy wool socks up over the outside of the thermos and it does make a difference.
Broken record here: stainless steel Stanley.

Do preheat them, wrap them in something insulating if you like, and keep them upright because the screw-in top is the heat leak.
I have Stanley's in pint, quart, and 2 quart sizes They all work fine, and as said, size matters as does preheating. Also wrapping them up in spare clothing or whatever will keep contents hotter longer. I've other brands as well that work as well, but Stanley has name brand recognition and known quality. I've been using the quart one since 1975 beat up, on 2nd up, third paint job(black automotive wrinkle) and 3rd stopper, but still working. Solid stoppers hold heat much better than the pour throughs.

Actually, the first Stanley quart that I had only lasted a year before developing a leak in the inner liner, but Stanley replaced it at no cost, and quickly.

I never did tell the it was left under the snow machine hood for a week in below zero weather while I was out of town.... smile
I've still got my Granddads 45 year old Stanley. It still works great too.
My best ones are marked Nissan but I think someone bought them out?
[Linked Image]71LOyvs-9hL._SL1187_ by Sharps Man, on Flickr
I have a old Stanley,but it's made in USA.The newer ones are of course made in Chino.I have a smaller one that I use for hunting as it fits better in my pack,but will only kaap coffee hot till 10;30 ish.my old one keeps it hot all day.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Stanley makes one of those too along with a cup with four SS shot glasses inside. I have both but I have to hide them when my youngest is around. He likes to fill the flask with whatever he finds in my stach and then fill a travel humidor with cigars and forgets to leave them here when he heads home. mad
The best thermos I ever had was a glass bottle thermos ... That thing would keep coffee piping hot all day long. You just can't drop them because they'll obviously break. I no longer drink coffee so I never looked for a replacement after it broke.

Best one I've ever used: Thermos
Won't help now, but hit the garage sales next year and pick up a couple of the old glass lined Thermos bottles. Your coffee will stay hot all day, and then some. As was said, if you drop it, it's history. That's why you buy two and get em cheap at garage sales.

The Stanley's are about as close to indestructible as they come. As was also said, pre-heat them and they hold up really well. Another thing that can be easily found and picked up cheap at garage sales if you do a little scrounging.
© 24hourcampfire