Home
The parents of a dead armed robber are very angry over his death, and are demanding to know why his innocent victim was allowed to be armed.
It’s been a difficult week for parents Temia Hairston and Michael Grace Sr. Their son, Michael Grace Jr., was shot and killed during an attempted robbery early Sunday morning.
Police said Grace Jr. and two other people tried to rob a Pizza Hut in the 3200 block of Freedom Drive. During the incident, an employee fired his own handgun and killed Grace Jr.
Hairston said she learned of her son’s death on social media, and only got confirmation from police after contacting them first. The grieving mother said she has been left with dozens of questions about the situation that have thus far gone unanswered.
“If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston
….
The parents are angry that their son was shot and killed by an employee. They don’t believe the full story has been released to the public.
“Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?” questioned Hairston about the employee who shot her son.
She said her son was shot in the head, and she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.
“This wasn’t a body shot. This was a head shot. My son was shot in the left side of his head just behind his ear. A head shot is personal,” said Hairston.
Even though their son was in the process of committing a crime, the family thinks his death was undeserved and unjustified.

Hairston said she thinks the employee who shot her son needs to be in jail, and wants all parties involved in the situation to be honest about what happened.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/1...amp;utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
Non white, who would have guessed? Head shots work.
You better believe it was personal. Don't flipping try to rob me!
"Hairston said she thinks the employee who shot her son needs to be in jail, and wants all parties involved in the situation to be honest about what happened."

Apparently to her,"being honest" means "agreeing with me."
Where did this happen?
The parents should be put in jail for raising their criminal son.
Sounds to me like the only thing that the pizza guy did, was to perform a public service.
"Honestly, this is what happened. Your Son tried to rob us, and I shot him, end of story, honestly!"
I say karma bit her kid on the azz.
"If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston

laugh Bwahahahaha!
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
She should at least be sent a bill for the trouble. She should also be required to reimburse the employee for the replacement cost of however many rounds he wasted on her son.
Originally Posted by Longbob
You better believe it was personal. Don't flipping try to rob me!

Yep.
So, parents of armed robbers hate law-biders with guns?

Big surprise.
The link said it was an armed robbery so not only did the pizza guy perform a public service, but he did it in what looks like a clear-cut case of self defense. If that had happened in the U.K. the pizza guy would probably be up on a murder rap and get sued at the same time.
Found it! Happened in Charlotte NC. They can't sue the shooter for Millions of dollars like they could have if it had been a cop. They missed out on the lottery and they know it.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston

laugh Bwahahahaha!

I lol'd over that little gem. Since when do negros support the police killing black criminals.
I had to click the link to confirm what color the perp was...my guess was right.

Apparently the mom has never had anybody point a gun on her. The pizza dude did well.
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Head shots work.

Like magic.
---------------------------------------------------

"Hairston said she thinks the employee who shot her son needs to be in jail, and wants all parties involved in the situation to be honest about what happened."

Lets be honest about being a piss poor parent.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

laugh Bwahahahaha!

I lol'd over that little gem. Since when do negros support the police killing black criminals.

Since the taxpayers have deep pockets and some dude working at Pizza Hut does not. Lawsuits are no fun against minimum-wage earners.

When they can get a court settlement.
she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.

What idiot pulls an armed robbery where everyone knows him?

Darwinism?
If he was on the clock, the lawsuit will be filed against Pizza Hut.

Originally Posted by SockPuppet

laugh Bwahahahaha!

Since the taxpayers have deep pockets and some dude working at Pizza Hut does not. Lawsuits are no fun against minimum-wage earners.
She should at least be sent a bill for the trouble. She should also be required to reimburse the employee for the replacement cost of however many rounds he wasted on her son.

I don't see any of it as being wasted.
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Pizza Hut employee breaks no weapons policy, stops armed robbery
11/01/16 | by Jennifer Cruz
Pizza Hut robbery

Pizza Hut has a no guns policy and it’s unclear at this point whether the armed employee will face disciplinary action. (Photo: WSOC-TV)

An attempted robbery at a Pizza Hut in Charlotte, North Carolina, early Sunday morning was thwarted by an employee who was carrying a gun of his own.

According to reports from local media, three suspects, at least one armed with a gun, broke into the restaurant around 1:40 a.m. The business was closed at the time and no customers were present, but employees were still there working.

Upon seeing the robbers, the armed employee, fearing for the safety of himself and others, opened fire, striking one of the suspects and sending the other two fleeing. Employees immediately called the police.

Paramedics responding to the call pronounced the suspect dead at the scene. He was later identified as 28-year-old Michael Grace, and officers recovered the handgun carried by him during the attempted robbery. There were no reports of anyone else being injured.

Authorities are still working to identify the other two suspects, who, as of late Monday, remain at large.

In response to the incident, Pizza Hut released the following statement:

The local Pizza Hut franchise is fully cooperating with the Charlotte Police Department as they continue their investigation, but want to stress that the security of its staff is of utmost concern. They are providing support to the team members involved to ensure their health and well-being following this incident. The employee involved in the shooting has been placed on a leave of absence following further review.

According to their employee handbook, Pizza Hut expressly prohibits the possession of any and all weapons, including guns. No exceptions are made for individuals with concealed carry permits or licenses.

The employee, whose name has not been released, is not facing any charges at this time, and Tony Scheer, a defense attorney and former prosecutor, told reporters it’s not likely that he will.

“It’s going to be a rare case that they want to do anything to the person that defended themselves to shoot somebody,” Scheer said.
If Black Live really Matter.... maybe instead of all of this protesting and looting, burning etc...maybe the time would be better spent, teaching their little Ghetto Gangster Wannabes, to quit robbing and trying to live a life of crime... and instead get out and get a job....

but that would be too easy....

then on the other hand, and employee stops a robbery and defends his fellow employees of getting hurt and what happens? The liberal left's emergency response team, immediately jumps into action and makes out the shooter is the villain and the afro robber is the victim.....

and there are enough brain washed idiots in our society, to believe this sort of Bullschitt...

Blacks that commit crimes, need to be deported back to Africa....even tho they have no clue where their ancestors came from, we'll give them the country in Africa of their choice... lets see how far their 'occupation' of crime gets them in their native roots world....

it'll never end until they are held accountable, their parents are held accountable...,its not like they didn't know JR was supporting himself in a life of crime...and the liberal left, needs to be shut down and consider an accomplice if they are busy painting the criminal as the victim...

play stupid games win stupid prizes...
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Or......Pizza Hut could be up a creek.....if they terminate his employment for defending himself.
I try and avoid Pizza Hut anyway, their pizza sucks; but if they hang this guy out to dry I'm for sure not eating there and I'll let them know it. I'm sure they're just shaking in their boots over it!
I thought all Pizza places promised speedy delivery ......
1200 fps, whats the beef ???

Translation - "I ain't gonna git no money f'um da City if'n da po-leece din shoots ma kid! I wuz robbed a' my ghetto lotto!"
If Obongo had a son . . . .

[Linked Image]
The late Michael Grace Jr.'s folks and Obongo's son
Was referring to the legality of terminating an employee after an act of self-defense.

This matter will eventually be hashed out in the courts. Many companies prohibit possession of any firearms in employee vehicles, while in their parking lot.

Not so sure those companies would win this one.....in the current edged environment.

Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I try and avoid Pizza Hut anyway, their pizza sucks; but if they hang this guy out to dry I'm for sure not eating there and I'll let them know it. I'm sure they're just shaking in their boots over it!
It would surely come down to jury selection.
If there is a lawsuit brought I hope the guy that defended himself prevails. I'm fine with Pizza Hut taking it in the shorts over their no weapons policy.
Lets see. Lose a job at pizza Hut or maybe save my life or someone i work with. Pretty easy choice. Maybe a compitative pizza maker will gladly hire a guy who has a set of balls. ED K
Working in an environment where armed robberies can/do occur......defending yourself with 'equal' force......cannot see Pizza Hut lawyers recommending termination, unless they want it legally hashed for all.
Pizza Hut and other stores have to have a no weapons policy to cover their ass in case an employee accidentally shoots a customer or other bystander during an otherwise justified shooting. Tort lawyers for the innocent victims would have a field day suing establishments for allowing employees to carry guns who weren't certified three ways from Sunday as "firearms trained security guards".

Whether they fire the employee or not depends on how much unfavorable publicity they expect to receive for doing so.
Pizza Hut corporate offices are in Texas so I guess there's hope that they will back the employee on this.

I don't think Pizza Hut will want to pursue it, but their lawyers have to justify their jobs so who knows?
CCW permit holders are certified......for 'self'-defense. Not a blanket security guard......self-security.

Lawyers representing unarmed employees shot by armed perps would likely result in a similar case against Pizza Hut (given their no-weapons policy).

Reasonable self-defense in that environment would likely be a winner in court right now.

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Pizza Hut and other stores have to have a no weapons policy to cover their ass in case an employee accidentally shoots a customer or other bystander during an otherwise justified shooting. Tort lawyers for the innocent victims would have a field day suing establishments for allowing employees to carry guns who weren't certified three ways from Sunday as "firearms trained security guards".

Whether they fire the employee or not depends on how much unfavorable publicity they expect to receive for doing so.
A head shot isn't personal.
5 head shots may be though. grin
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The link said it was an armed robbery so not only did the pizza guy perform a public service, but he did it in what looks like a clear-cut case of self defense. If that had happened in the U.K. the pizza guy would probably be up on a murder rap and get sued at the same time.
Almost certainly.
My company, as well as the companies we work for as a general contractor forbids the possession of firearms on company property or in company vehicles. I've often wondered what would happen to an employee who ignored these company rules and defended his life with deadly force against an armed perp, during the course of his work day. I've always thought the worst thing that could happen is one would be fired But I was looking for a job when I got this one, so who cares?
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Natural selection at work.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
My company, as well as the companies we work for as a general contractor forbids the possession of firearms on company property or in company vehicles. I've often wondered what would happen to an employee who ignored these company rules and defended his life with deadly force against an armed perp, during the course of his work day. I've always thought the worst thing that could happen is one would be fired But I was looking for a job when I got this one, so who cares?

Your location says Oklahoma, you probably already know this, but employers are forbidden by law from banning firearms in vehicles parked on company property. They can ban them inside the buildings, but they can't keep you from having one in your private vehicle in their parking lot.
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

Or......Pizza Hut could be up a creek.....if they terminate his employment for defending himself.

companies fire guys like that every day, for violating company policy. This has always been backed up by the courts.
sounds like pizza dude hit the 10 ring on the first shot. he deserves 15 bucks an hour in my book.
Perhaps A court.....not THE court.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher

companies fire guys like that every day, for violating company policy. This has always been backed up by the courts.
Where did this happen?

Originally Posted by 22250rem

Or in Canada!!!

I think no rounds were wasted.
I just love happy endings!!
“This wasn’t a body shot. This was a head shot. My son was shot in the left side of his head just behind his ear. A head shot is personal,” said Hairston.

OK, Lady,....please lay out some guidelines as to allowable areas of armed thug's that can be targeted in an impersonal manner.

Center mass OK ?

GTC

Originally Posted by cotis
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Natural selection at work.

^^^This!^^^
I approve of that head shot.
The guy must have used one of those teflon coated, armor piercing bullets for a single head shot to work laugh

laugh Bwahahahaha!

And she needs to study a little:

The SCOTUS has already ruled that it is NOT the DUTY of Law Enforcement to protect and defend........
TWO others involved in the Robbery????

I do beleive SC is a Felony Murder state, hope they catch up with the other two, should be Capital Crime Charges waiting for them.......
And just think, if BHO had a son, he would have looked something like Michael Grace, Jr.
N he ha juss turn he life aroun, he wuz stud-e-in ta bee a rapper. crazy

If you're tired of having an appreciable need for oxygen, or can't do the time, quit breaking the fu-king LAW!
Originally Posted by muffin

I do beleive SC is a Felony Murder state, hope they catch up with the other two, should be Capital Crime Charges waiting for them.......

Charlotte is in North Carolina.

One less pos to have to deal with when I have to go down there.
He was probably a good Father who was only attempting to rob the Pizza Hut so that he could provide for his family.
I say karma bit her kid on the azz in the left side of the head behind the ear.

Fixed
Reminds me of the robber that was shot by a store CUSTOMER.

Family said that he should of just minded his own business, he didn't even need to get involved.

Found it:

http://toprightnews.com/armed-thug-shot-by-good-samaritan-his-familys-response-is-unbelievable/
This IS all a misunderstanding. Here we have young Mr. Grace in his local university science lab, diligently working late into the night on his PhD. in Chemical Engineering:

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately, the aspiring scientist ran short on lab fee's this semester and in desperation turned to the Pizza Hut in question for a less-than-legal crowd-funding "loan". Tragic....just tragic.....a future Nobel prize scientist cut down in his prime in one brief moment of gun violence.

/sarc off
Next customer in line!
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I think no rounds were wasted.
Worthy use, for sure, but still gone and need replacing.

Yep. All deaths (in states with the felony murder rule) that result from an inherently dangerous felony are classified as murder (charged to the participants), even if the dead people are fellow participants in the crime.
Reminds me of the robber that was shot by a store CUSTOMER.

Family said that he should of just minded his own business, he didn't even need to get involved.

Found it:

http://toprightnews.com/armed-thug-shot-by-good-samaritan-his-familys-response-is-unbelievable/
"Police said the shooting was completely legal." They shouldn't have left it at that. They should have said it was not only legal, but praiseworthy. If we publicly celebrated these things, the families of the shot thugs would be discouraged from demanding their punishment for doing the right thing.
Found it! Happened in Charlotte NC. They can't sue the shooter for Millions of dollars like they could have if it had been a cop. They missed out on the lottery and they know it.

Well - maybe they'd just appreciate a free pizza.
Originally Posted by CCCC

Well - maybe they'd just appreciate a free pizza.

Maybe we could send em' some coupons / gift certs ? eek
grin grin grin
Originally Posted by Seafire
If Black Live really Matter.... maybe instead of all of this protesting and looting, burning etc...maybe the time would be better spent, teaching their little Ghetto Gangster Wannabes, to quit robbing and trying to live a life of crime... and instead get out and get a job....

but that would be too easy....

then on the other hand, and employee stops a robbery and defends his fellow employees of getting hurt and what happens? The liberal left's emergency response team, immediately jumps into action and makes out the shooter is the villain and the afro robber is the victim.....

and there are enough brain washed idiots in our society, to believe this sort of Bullschitt...

Blacks that commit crimes, need to be deported back to Africa....even tho they have no clue where their ancestors came from, we'll give them the country in Africa of their choice... lets see how far their 'occupation' of crime gets them in their native roots world....

it'll never end until they are held accountable, their parents are held accountable...,its not like they didn't know JR was supporting himself in a life of crime...and the liberal left, needs to be shut down and consider an accomplice if they are busy painting the criminal as the victim...

play stupid games win stupid prizes...

sombody with real brains NEEDS TO OFFER that young man a real job in consideration of his actions

norm
"The local Pizza Hut franchise is fully cooperating with the Charlotte Police Department as they continue their investigation, but want to stress that the security of its staff is of utmost concern."(emphasis is mine)

"According to their employee handbook, Pizza Hut expressly prohibits the possession of any and all weapons, including guns. No exceptions are made for individuals with concealed carry permits or licenses."

Evidently, Pizza Hut is not really all that concerned about their staff's security.

Hilarious. I thought this was an onion article at first.

Hopefully the fella loses his job. NOBODY wants to work at Pizza Hut.

At least one shot wasn't wasted at all.
Somebody please get the mother the phone number for Mr. Obvious.
"Hey there Rastus. You need shootin' but yo mama wants you shot by a cop instead of by me. So you just stand there while I call a cop to come shoot you."
Originally Posted by edk
Lets see. Lose a job at pizza Hut or maybe save my life or someone i work with. Pretty easy choice. Maybe a compitative pizza maker will gladly hire a guy who has a set of balls. ED K

👍👍👍

Especially since each employee signs a paper, agreeing to the restriction, at the time of their employment.
“Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?” questioned Hairston about the employee who shot her son.
She said her son was shot in the head, and she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.

Your damned right it's personal.

From 'A NATION OF COWARDS' by Jeffrey Snyder:
Crime is not only a complete disavowal of the social contract, but also a commandeering of the victim's person and liberty. If the individual's dignity lies in the fact that he is a moral agent engaging in actions of his own will, in free exchange with others, then crime always violates the victim's dignity. It is, in fact, an act of enslavement. Your wallet, your purse, or your car may not be worth your life, but your dignity is; and if it is not worth fighting for, it can hardly be said to exist.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Especially since each employee signs a paper, agreeing to the restriction, at the time of their employment.

I'd take being fired over being shot..............
Pizza Hut needs to make the employee.
Employee of the year and give him a bonus and a raise for saving the other employees and the community from future trouble from the piece of crap.

The piece of craps parents need to reimburse the Franchise for the bad press and the Police for the total cost of the investigation.
Then they need to pay for the counseling of the distraught employees.
© 24hourcampfire