Home
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I wonder how many scumbags went out and bought a ton of components, .22 ammo, AR's, etc. with the intent of scalping them when Hildabeast won and are now choking on it?

I was surprised locally there was still decent selection of stuff even up to election day. What're things like elsewhere availability-wise?
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
We're good here. Lots of stuff on the shelves.
Posted By: JPro Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
That's capitalism for you. Win some, lose some.....

I only bought those things which I intended to use for my family's needs anyways. But I shouldn't have to buy powder or primers for a while....haha.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
No idea as I have no use for that kind of stuff.
Posted By: hanco Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Bunch if people .
Posted By: BigEars Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I could use some H4350 but other than that, I've got no complaints
Posted By: Pittu Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I picked up another 800 LRM primers since that was the only components I was looking short on. It'll be nice to walk in and buy the stuff I need a little more often....
Posted By: EdM Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I am feeling for the folks that didn't dump S&W and Ruger stock prior to the call... Maybe they will rebound.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Originally Posted by Pittu
I picked up another 800 LRM primers since that was the only components I was looking short on. It'll be nice to walk in and buy the stuff I need a little more often....

Basically same here. I'm good for a good while on what I have, but figured some more primers and a couple lbs of powder just in case. I was really surprised how much was there. No Varget, H4350, or Unique, no Ramshot, but this particular store doesn't have the best selection typically anyway.

How cool would it be to be able to walk in and actually buy the powder or primers you were looking for off the shelf? I'm stoked!

An employee there did tell me last week that a guy came in and bought every .308 round they had in there for sale. No matter brand, bullet weight, etc. except for a couple boxes of the highest priced hunting ammo.

I'm not gonna go rounds on this again. Call it capitalism if you like, but buying a pallet of .22s so you can take them to the gunshow down the road in a week and sell at a higher price I call knee grow bullchit. I'm hoping any budding "entrepreneurs" that did so this time lose their shirts selling at a loss.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I bought a sheit load of silver when it was @ $3.80 an ounce. When silver hit the low $40's an ounce (around 2011) I only sold it for $5.00 an ounce.

Didn't seem fair.

People baffle me
Posted By: Terryk Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Stuff sat in stores before the election here. Ammo, AR15,loading stuff. Funny but that gave me confidence in a Trump win. No scare here.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
I have been buying a bit of components as money allowed, but nothing is for resale. I was stocking up to get through another Democrat induced shortage.
Posted By: SSB Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Primers are the only thing a little scarce here...but our deer season opens in 5 days. I could write it off to that time of year......
Posted By: 405wcf Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Originally Posted by SSB
Primers are the only thing a little scarce here...but our deer season opens in 5 days. I could write it off to that time of year......

Have you checked Dick Williams?

405wcf
Posted By: KC Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16

Still waiting to see .22 magnum return to the shelves.

KC

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
22 mag around here but it's $20 for a 50 round box?

I stocked up last spring on powder, primers and brass.
(and some 22lr which I hardly ever shoot)

But still, buy, never sell.

Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Still have to stock up in CA, gun laws here absolutely suck. Soon we will have to be pass background checks to buy ammo. I did notice there is more available on the internet though.
Posted By: EdM Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/10/16
Originally Posted by SamOlson
22 mag around here but it's $20 for a 50 round box?

I stocked up last spring on powder, primers and brass.
(and some 22lr which I hardly ever shoot)

But still, buy, never sell.

Sam,

You need a Hornet. Lat me know...
Posted By: uncle joe Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I did hedge my bet that Trump would win by slightly overstocking loading components (plan for the worst, hope for the best)
My thoughts were the libs would try to regulate ammo etc via EPA if hrc were elected.
I grew up at a time that required you to earn your trophy by hard work and good planning/preparation.
Posted By: deflave Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I wonder how many people bought Tuesday afternoon and sold Wednesday morning?

Travis
Posted By: K1500 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
Originally Posted by Terryk
Stuff sat in stores before the election here. Ammo, AR15,loading stuff. Funny but that gave me confidence in a Trump win. No scare here.

To me this was one indication the market forecast a Trump win. .22 is still tight but I expect it will get better. One week before election the LGS had M&P sport AR's for $630. I'm not sure how much cheaper they can get. Academy was selling the same gun for $699. LGS sold out of the sport but still had racks full of AR's on Election Day.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I've been stocking up for the last 2 months

not to sell

just as a hedge in case Hillary won.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I don't care what party holds the White House or a majority in congress. Look how long it took Ramshot powders to get up and running after their factory fire. Then consider much of the powder lots of us use is produced in Europe and Australia and we have no say over what/when/why they legislate.

12-18mo worth of components for your most used firearms is IMO a hedge against:

"Holy crap, season's almost here, I've put off picking up the bullets/primers/powder/brass I usually use and now I have to work up a load in a hurry at a range that's full of folks sighting in their 742's on the biggest paper plates they can find."
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
Never understood why some people think it's any of their goddam business what another man buys with his money. Call it capitalism because that's what it is. That involves risk. Win some, lose some. Some people bet sports. Chickenscheits mostly, eh? I'll be there to buy it at less than retail at some point down the road either way though. I appreciate their freedom to buy large quantities of ammo. If they need it good for them. If they make money, good for them. If they have to fire sale, good for me.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I bought a schit ton of stuff for the past year or so , right up through Monday night.
I didn't buy it with the intention of selling it if hildabitch won.
I bought it with the intention of HAVING it if hildabitch won.

Mike
Posted By: jbuck Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I went into the local gun shop, on the 7th, with the intention of picking up some much needed primers. the price was $67 per 1k, doubled since last week. I left empty handed. Capitalism isn't only happening on the consumers end.

I am excited about being able to shoot down some rim fire supplies now that I can hope to restock them.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
Hey. I am going to double down and keep buying. 4 years and hopefully 8 years will give me some options that really get me where I need to be before I retire.

Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I just wish I could walk into Wally world and buy cheap 22 plinking ammo. It's always out around here. Love shooting my Browning 22 pistol and I use the cheapest crap 22s in it for blasting. I don't need match ammo I need volume.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I've always looked for deals on components, mostly on the web. One guy had bad luck with 165 gr. Partitions in his rifle and I ended up getting almost 400 bullets for less than half price. Did the same thing on some Nosler ABLRs as they didn't work on a guys gun. So far they haven't worked in mine but what the hell, I have enough that I'll finally figure it out. I do believe I have enough to out last 8 years of Democrats if I live that long.
Paul B.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I think black rifles will probably decline in price. Lots of sales going on right now.

Hopefully gunmakers will focus more on traditional sporting rifles, and make some interesting things.
Posted By: jbuck Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
I went into the local gun shop, on the 7th, with the intention of picking up some much needed primers. the price was $67 per 1k, doubled since last week. I left empty handed. Capitalism isn't only happening on the consumers end.

I am excited about being able to shoot down some rim fire supplies now that I can hope to restock them.
Posted By: deflave Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/11/16
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Never understood why some people think it's any of their goddam business what another man buys with his money. Call it capitalism because that's what it is. That involves risk. Win some, lose some. Some people bet sports. Chickenscheits mostly, eh? I'll be there to buy it at less than retail at some point down the road either way though. I appreciate their freedom to buy large quantities of ammo. If they need it good for them. If they make money, good for them. If they have to fire sale, good for me.

I want to drink with Capt. Quint.

Travis
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/12/16
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by huntinaz

I want to drink with Capt. Quint.

Travis

You'd have gin and juice with Obongo.

Just kidding.

Shalom

Posted By: deflave Re: Scalping Schitheels - 11/12/16
Be sure to buy high and sell low.

It's the retard way.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire