Home
I'll be dammed if that little bit of blue is going to tell the rest of us what to do .... [Linked Image]. Its telling where a fellow mite be able to live ..
I see the two spots in ND, they are Rezs.
They very often do.
Yes, we have identified the deplorables and colored them blue.
Ever since the Supreme Court took away the right of each county to elect a Senator to the State Senate power had been totally concentrated in the population centers. This was not how life stated out for these here United States and I think we should return to a Senator from each county.
What say you. Cheers NC
Fill me in ...what's with the blue in Mtand the Dakota s
Without seeing a bigger map, counties with reservations. And Missoula.
And that map right there IS the reason the electoral college needs to be changed IMHO. No more " winner take all e/c votes " only 2 States allow that currently. Every voting district gets 1 e/c vote . Chips fall where they may . For me , I am sick and tired of people living 10 - 100 stories high stacked upon each other outvoting the rest of the State just because of population numbers.
Newyorkistan for example , out of 62 counties ( I know those are not voting districts , but the best example I have ) out of 62 counties , 15 counties voted for Cliton , the other 47 all trump and yet all e/c votes went to the cliton.
She may have gotten more votes, but she didn't get them where they matter.
I don't see Houston as blue.

I know damn well they are.
Looks like a Crime Stat Map to me.........
now google a map for crime rate, you'll be not surprised to see how it looks so similar to that map

Houston we've identified the problem.

it's not us.
Originally Posted by muffin
Looks like a Crime Stat Map to me.........

oops didn't read the whole thread, sorry

good observation muffin
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
now google a map for crime rate, you'll be not surprised to see how it looks so similar to that map

Houston we've identified the problem.

it's not us.
Yep, criminals vote almost 100% Democrat.
Great minds, eh?
Hard to believe 50.5% of the population lives in the Blue..
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Fill me in ...what's with the blue in Mtand the Dakota s

They are Rezs. The one next to Canada is a Chipawa Rez.

The other is Souix, where they are having the pipeline demonstrations.
All the clamor to get rid of the Electorial College because for the second time Dems lost the election but had more popular votes.

Here is a simple illustration why the Electorial College is indeed necessary............

Hillary Clinton at the moment leads Donald Trump nationally by a total of....................................................... 395,595 votes

California totals:

Hillary Clinton......................................................................5,589,936 votes

Donald Trump......................................................................3,021,095 votes

Difference........................................................................................................................................................2,568,841 votes

So we are going to disenfranchise the majority voters in Pa., Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, and all the other states where Doanld Trump won not only the electorial votes but the popular votes as well. New Jersey as well as New York had enough extra votes for Hillary to exceed the difference in popular votes at the moment. Yeah, just let California, New York or New Jersey tell eveyone to step in line or else. Screw that..........
Sad that virginia was blue!
I'll be dammed if that little bit of blue is going to tell the rest of us what to do .... [Linked Image]. Its telling where a fellow mite be able to live ..

You do realize maps like that really don't mean anything?
The land mass doesn't translate into population.
Originally Posted by Snyper

Precisely why our founding fathers created the electorate college.

They didn't want the idiot city dwellers speaking for the rest of the country.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I wouldn't say that 'they don't mean anything'....

It keeps a half adozen or so States from taking over the Natural Resources of the State of Alaska, it's called a balance of power.

Is it even, NOPE. But it's a hell-ov-a lot better than MOB-Rule Democracy....................
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

Yes, but Virginia Beach was red, for Trump.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Ever since the Supreme Court took away the right of each county to elect a Senator to the State Senate power had been totally concentrated in the population centers. This was not how life stated out for these here United States and I think we should return to a Senator from each county.
What say you. Cheers NC

I agree, but we have to figure out a system of senator selection that doesn't recreate the original problems we had--primarily political establishment cronyism.

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
What say you. Cheers NC

I agree, but we have to figure out a system of senator selection that doesn't recreate the original problems we had--primarily political establishment cronyism.

Casey

There is a system and Trump is going to address it: Term limits! It works for the president so it will work for congress.
If blue is democrat then the Maine map is wrong. 9 of 16 counties voted Trump including Aroostook County which is blue on that map. Only the coastal counties voted D.

Its a map from the AP .. I'm off to look 4a crime map
Look at nebraska every single county is red....
Nebraska also has zero debt.....related you think....?
Originally Posted by Ringman

There is a system and Trump is going to address it: Term limits! It works for the president so it will work for congress.

If people really wanted term limits they wouldn't keep reelecting incumbents.

Concentration of vermin up North

Exactly. If all the people calling for term limits voted that value, we would in fact have term limits. I cannot remember the last time I voted for an incumbent. Until congressional approval ratings get up to 50% mark, I won't.

The colors on this map appear to be distorted for Virginia. Going to the State breakdown by counties it appears Hillary won 13 or 14 counties and trump won the rest of the 95 total counties in Virginia. But, Northern VA, Norfolk, Richmond and Newport News rules with population numbers.
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
All the clamor to get rid of the Electorial College because for the second time Dems lost the election but had more popular votes.

Here is a simple illustration why the Electorial College is indeed necessary............

Hillary Clinton at the moment leads Donald Trump nationally by a total of....................................................... 395,595 votes

California totals:

Hillary Clinton......................................................................5,589,936 votes

Donald Trump......................................................................3,021,095 votes

Difference........................................................................................................................................................2,568,841 votes

So we are going to disenfranchise the majority voters in Pa., Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, and all the other states where Doanld Trump won not only the electorial votes but the popular votes as well. New Jersey as well as New York had enough extra votes for Hillary to exceed the difference in popular votes at the moment. Yeah, just let California, New York or New Jersey tell eveyone to step in line or else. Screw that..........

If you took out all of the Illegals that vote 4 and 5 times in Cali. the #s would be closer that they are.
I do not think that much voter fraud go's on in Cali.
The Dems do not need it.
You can't legislate morality. People are corrupt, period.

You are right the founding fathers figured that the common masses either didn't have the information or capability to make an informed decision. So we get the EC to act as an intermediary.

The protection of the less populated states is a function of the Senate.

I think today with the ease of access of information, and the fact that most of the population is suppose to be educated, we could and should do away with it and have a straight popular vote.

I think it should be one vote per citizen, even if some are idiots.

I think we will see a push to abolish the EC very soon. Having two elections in the past few years that the EC vote total didn't match the popular vote shows it may not be working as well as it did in the past.
Originally Posted by burrinho

You are right the founding fathers figured that the common masses either didn't have the information or capability to make an informed decision. So we get the EC to act as an intermediary.

I think today with the ease of access of information, and the fact that most of the population is suppose to be educated, we could and should do away with it and have a straight popular vote.

I think we will see a push to abolish the EC very soon. Having two elections in the past few years that the EC vote total didn't match the popular vote shows it may not be working as well as it did in the past.

In my humble opinion , a system that kept Al Gore and Hillary Clinton out of the White House, is a perfect system.

Exactly the type of uninformed thinking that is based on lack of understanding of the concept of a Federal Republic guided by a constitution.

One man one vote overvalues concentrated populations and results in mob rule. A Federal republic balances the equality of each political unit (the States) to check the monopoly of power that a central (i.e., in our case, Federal) government inevitably accrues.

Our form of government may not be perfect - nothing man creates can be - but it's a far sight better than anything else out there.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Exactly. If all the people calling for term limits voted that value, we would in fact have term limits. I cannot remember the last time I voted for an incumbent. Until congressional approval ratings get up to 50% mark, I won't.

I once saw a pole where almost everyone poled thought congress should kick out the folks in the House and the Senate.....except their guy.

Term limits will eliminate this problem. We need someone who can lead them to vote themselves out of office.

A couple hours ago I heard on the radio Trump won with the Electoral College AND! the popular vote. A successful push to eliminate the EC is going to be harder to do than getting term limits in congress.

I would like to see that map with whatever portion is blue is solid... and what is red is solid... I think it would give a better perspective as to what we're dealing with land and people.. Mass wise...
the map shows a very large blue spot in Idaho. That's deceiving. It's Blaine county, home of Californicated Sun Valley. There are only about 22k people in the county but there are about 2500 square miles of public land and ranches. The ranchers voted HEAVILY red. Then it fails to show Latah county in the north. That's the home of the liberal U of ID. It has about 38k people.
Soy beans, cactus, and sage don't vote
That map is from 1896.

[Linked Image]
One of the most important things Trump can do is work on turning those blue areas around. They aren't getting any smaller.
Welfare Payouts Top $20 Per Hour In Eight States

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/welfare-payouts-top-20-per-hour-in-eight-states

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

... In 35 states, welfare, housing assistance and other benefits pays more than a minimum wage job, according to a new study by the Cato Institute. The study also found that in 13 states, the payout is more than $15 per hour.

Of course, this study doesn’t take into account that not everyone on public assistance receives all of the programs. But if they did, their payout would be significantly higher than even a starting teacher’s salary in 11 states or a computer programmer in 3 states.

The states with the highest welfare payouts – more than $20 per hour – are Hawaii, with payments equaling $29.13 per hour, DC at $24.43 per hour, Massachusetts at $24.30 , Connecticut at $21.33, New York at $21.01 per hour, New Jersey at $20.89 per hour, Rhode Island at $20.83 per hour and Vermont at $20.36 per hour. ...

Can only speak for myself, but I vote for (Republican) incumbents because I'm not going to vote for a Liberal Democrat just because said Democrat is not the incumbent.

In the primaries, I consider the incumbent but am loathe to take a chance on a relative unknown. I'm not going to vote against a Republican just to limit his term in office, when the Democrats are not required to do the same.
20th in welfare handouts - I thought we'd be higher than that!

Consider me the lone voice of reason in a sea of dark blue!
I must live in a "No right to be a bum" state.

GTC

Its a map from the AP .. I'm off to look 4a crime map

here ya go atv
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Exactly the type of uninformed thinking that is based on lack of understanding of the concept of a Federal Republic guided by a constitution.

One man one vote overvalues concentrated populations and results in mob rule. A Federal republic balances the equality of each political unit (the States) to check the monopoly of power that a central (i.e., in our case, Federal) government inevitably accrues.

Our form of government may not be perfect - nothing man creates can be - but it's a far sight better than anything else out there.

Very well said wildcatter.

Wish I knew how to embed a gif here.
The progressive trash almost took the USA away from us. We have to fix this during the next 4 years.
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Wish I knew how to embed a gif here.

Same as a pic.
Or just paste the link here.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
What say you. Cheers NC

Casey

Easy. Go back to the state legislatures electing the Senators.
© 24hourcampfire