Home
Posted By: 4ager It ain't about Trump, or Hitlery - 11/17/16
This last election wasn't about Trump, or Hitlery - not at the base. That's what the MSM, what the Ds and the political left, what the establishment Rs; what none of them get or want to get.

It was about and it is about people who just said "enough".

It's the West Virginia coal miner who got told that he and his were killing the planet and by implication that their lives were over "for the good of the rest of us and the planet".

It's the union manufacturing work in Michigan that looked at his home and his family and decided that they were worth more that a company profit margin or new foreign plant to take his job.

It's the family farmer in Iowa who has seen farms like his get bought up, or sold out and chopped up, whose had this land in the family for generations and is just too damned stubborn to give in to corporate buyouts and government regulations that favor selling out and being a serf.

It's the working class black man in Ohio who is tired of his family not being safe because it's not politically correct to say that the neighborhood is overrun by "his" people acting like animals.

It's the New Hampshire cop who puts his badge on and kisses his wife and kids goodbye, not knowing if he's going to come home because someone might gun him down just because he's "the man", and yet he still does what he's always done and tries to protect and serve the community he loves and lives in.

It's the white woman in North Carolina, college educated and with a family, that looked at what was left of her town and decided voting with her brain and her checkbook was more important than voting with her vagina because some sexist old bitch said she'd go to Hell if she didn't vote for another woman.

It's the legal immigrant family in Arizona who followed the rules and waited and worked their asses off to get here and build something of and for themselves who are tired of others sneaking in and taking that opportunity from them.

It's the redneck white boy in a military uniform that just isn't going to feel guilty about being discriminated against and put down and having everything blamed on him any more while he's standing guard for his nation and his people.

These are the people who had a chance under Reagan, who saw their nation and their neighborhoods improve. These are the people that simply got ignored by Bush I. These are the people who put Slick Willie in office because he was supposed to be one of them, but he "got above his raisin'" and left them all behind. These are the people who had their patriotism and their security taken advantage of by W to make fortunes for his friends while they sent their sons and daughters off to fight and lost their retirements along the way. These are the people who have been insulted, demeaned, put down, and ripped off by Hussein and watched him do the same to their beloved nation, belittling us all with an international apology tour and a full on attack on what it means to be American. These are the people who simply said "f'k it and f'k you" to the parties and went for a message about them.

This isn't and wasn't about Donald, or Hitlery. It's about all those bitter-clinging, deplorable SOBs; all the rednecks, hillbillies, dirt-diggers, union coolies, Uncle Toms, pigs, Rebeccas, Miguelitos, and "soldier boys". It's those people who said "enough" and took one - perhaps last - swing to take their country back. There were just enough of them, this time, and they know it.

The left will deride them all, saying that they've been had, that they've been conned or tricked, or were simply too stupid to know what they've done. Hell, they've been there before for decades; used, abused, ignored, conned, tricked, and made to feel stupid. If that's the case again, then they won't be anywhere they haven't been before - but this time they took a chance at doing something for themselves and their country, not what they've been told they "ought" to do by people they know don't give a damn about this.

These folks are the ones rolling up their sleeves to get to work; standing a little taller, smiling just a little to themselves. Yeah, they see their kids and the kids of their sisters and brothers and neighbors out there acting like spoiled brats. Yeah, they want to put them over a knee and paddled their coddled little asses and straighten them out. But, not now. There's work to be done, and these people have been hoping and praying and finally voting for a chance to get to this work. They are going to do everything they can to Make America Great Again and let the chips fall where they may.

God Bless them, and help them, because they are America and always have been.
Thanks!

Did you write that?
Yes.

I'd call them the "working class" and that's where I belong.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Yes.

Thanks,

I would like to email it off to both Friend and foe if you don't mind.
If you'd like to use it, you're welcome to it.
Damn fine work Sean!
So, you're saying it wasn't about this?

Very well written sir...... I agree.
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Very well written sir...... I agree.

This^^^^^^
They are going to do everything they can to Make America Great Again and let the chips fall where they may.

The American spirit will never quit doing what it does. To a fault. try telling a farmer to quit plowing ground, or any worker bee to set down his tools. Can't do it.

The elites have taken advantage of our American work ethic and patriotism for far too long, and we voted relief this time. We get up and go to work, to make our lives better and yes to make America great as well, and they have systematically undermined us for 100+ years. They've written laws that pad their bank accts at our expense to the point there's no blood left in the American turnip. Not only have they broke the American worker, they've broke the ENTIRE fricken country! For their irresponsibility I say, "Hang 'em high!". I sure hope the stench of their country club enclaves overwhelms their sense of decency, if it's not completely seared over by decades of decadent living at our expense.

And always will be, albeit with a profoundly sharper edge to them than they're comfortable with. The recent imports to America in no way strive for my fathers America, so send em back to the sheithole they came from for all I care.

Added in red, and FINE JOB on that writing Sean.
Just fired that off to a local lib 'educator', in closing off a tedious dialogue re: our current ACTUAL situation.

good job, Sean
As Bob would say

Nice touch on the keyboard my friend

Spot on
Well written and 100% correct. We all knew what we would get with Hillary and thought it was worth the risk to vote for Trump.

Perry
Sean is spot on....as usual.

Doc
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They are going to do everything they can to Make America Great Again and let the chips fall where they may.

The American spirit will never quit doing what it does. To a fault. try telling a farmer to quit plowing ground, or any worker bee to set down his tools. Can't do it.

The elites have taken advantage of our American work ethic and patriotism for far too long, and we voted relief this time. We get up and go to work, to make our lives better and yes to make America great as well, and they have systematically undermined us for 100+ years. They've written laws that pad their bank accts at our expense to the point there's no blood left in the American turnip. Not only have they broke the American worker, they've broke the ENTIRE fricken country! For their irresponsibility I say, "Hang 'em high!". I sure hope the stench of their country club enclaves overwhelms their sense of decency, if it's not completely seared over by decades of decadent living at our expense.

And always will be, albeit with a profoundly sharper edge to them than they're comfortable with. The recent imports to America in no way strive for my fathers America, so send em back to the sheithole they came from for all I care.

Added in red, and FINE JOB on that writing Sean.

Your added text is weak, and of nowhere NEAR the example of "make every word MEAN something",....moreso just words strung together in a hurried and jumbled fashion.

You should really stick to writing your own material, and leaving other's to stand on it's own legs.

JMHO

GTC
you write extremely well. I put that on my facebook page. There aren't a lot of progressives in the people i know, we came from a different time and place in arizona. But there a few. And a few squabbles this last week. I hope the article irritates them.
Didn't think there was a nastier more hateful biotch than Hillary, Elizabeth Warren seems to be worse. They can put Hillary, Elizabeth and Nancy Pelosi in a lnog boat and set it adrift in shark infested waters. On second thought those three biotchs would scare the sharks.
Well done. It encapsulates the election very nicely.
Very well written. The downtrodden have stood back up. ED K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You should really stick to writing your own material, and leaving other's to stand on it's own legs.

JMHO

GTC

There's nothing humble about your opinion. IMHO.

what you did to Sean's post is no more than another form of graffiti, humble or arrogant, my opinion is that's the real TRUTH here.

GTC
If you'd like to use it, you're welcome to it.

I read this somewhere else before I logged on to the Fire this morning. You were given credit for it here I first read it. Well written and I agree 100%. Makes me feel honoured just knowing you my friend. Please give me a call when You have time.
Very well written.

what you did to Sean's post is no more than another form of graffiti, humble or arrogant, my opinion is that's the real TRUTH here.

GTC

Ain't no big thing.
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Damn fine work Sean!

Are you a writer by profession? I've rarely seen a piece so well written even among the professions that depend on their ability to write to feed the family and keep a roof over their heads.

A damn fine piece of writing sir!

Would you mind if I shared it on Facebook?
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Damn fine work Sean!

Are you a writer by profession? I've rarely seen a piece so well written even among the professions that depend on their ability to write to feed the family and keep a roof over their heads.

A damn fine piece of writing sir!

Would you mind if I shared it on Facebook?

You are free to share it.

No, I'm no professional writer (though, like most I do have to write for my profession).

Thanks for the compliments (all); I don't accept them well, but I'm touched.
You earned the compliments on this one Sean, no doubt!
Very well written and right on the mark. Most liberals just don't get it. It will be interesting to see how they attempt to raise their party from the ashes. I sincerely hope this election will put this country on a different trajectory and we will continue to embrace the values of the past, the values that made this country great in the first place.
Nailed it!
Like I said, great job Sean. Didn't mean to take anything away from what you've written. You have a great grasp on the situation.
Very good write up.
You might find this article interesting.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/14/election-marks-end-americas-racial-detente/
Originally Posted by Raeford
So, you're saying it wasn't about this?

Well, she got the one part right.. Nasty Women. That's about it.

Really fun to look back at this mountain of lies by the left now. grin
Well written. Thank you...
Nice Job - and it's spot on.
Quite so.
Generally agree. Why Trump won- The economy, stupid.

I was listening today to Bob Davis of WSJ and Lisa Pruitt of UC Davis on NPR. They both basically agree on why Trump won the election, and especially why the populace in the “rust belt” voted the way they did.
It wasn’t primarily about groping, email servers, gun rights, the Supreme Court and a host of other issues.

James Caravelle hung a sign at Bill Clinton’s campaign headquarters that said.
1.Change vs more of the same.
2. The economy, stupid.
3. Don’t forget health care.
Clinton won due to dissatisfaction of the recession under George H. Bush.

Obama message was hope and change on the coattails of economic downturn under George W. Bush.

Many people who voted for Obama twice this time around voted for Trump. . It was once again about wanting change, jobs and last but not least- The economy, stupid.

Well, that’s my soap box speech to carry me through the next four years.
Originally Posted by LostHighway

I was listening today to Bob Davis of WSJ and Lisa Pruitt of UC Davis on NPR. They both basically agree on why Trump won the election, and especially why the populace in the “rust belt” voted the way they did.
It wasn’t primarily about groping, email servers, gun rights, the Supreme Court and a host of other issues.

2. The economy, stupid.

Obama message was hope and change on the coattails of economic downturn under George W. Bush.

Many people who voted for Obama twice this time around voted for Trump. . It was once again about wanting change, jobs and last but not least- The economy, stupid.

No, you only get part of it, and a small part. It's not just the economy; it goes far deeper than that, and you choose NOT to understand those points because it would cause you to call into question the leftist ideology you believe in.
Ole James Carville, like him or loathe him, he don't miss it by so much as an inch.

Well stated 4ager. Putting thoughts to succinct words is a gift.
Originally Posted by LostHighway

2. The economy, stupid.

Here's why the left misses this completely, and to be honest so too does most of the political right. It's not a single issue; not the economy, or health care, or guns, or national defense, or immigration, and certainly not misogyny, or racism, or sexism, or homophobia, or xenophobia, or any other "scary" derogatory word pundits want to throw out there.

It's culture. Not a Southern culture, or Appalachia, or Midwestern, or urban, or rural; but American. At the core, it just comes right down to a vestige of American culture.

For decades, those folks who finally said "enough" have been told that their culture, their way of life, and by extension that of their entire familial history, was wrong.

They had been told they were wrong to want to keep those manufacturing jobs because global markets were better for them than putting food on their own table.

They had been told they were wrong for wanting to defend themselves, their families, their neighborhoods, and their communities from violent criminals because those criminals were just "misunderstood" and "disenfranchised" and, well, some of us (or our children) were just going to have to be victims.

They had been told that to be proud of their heritage of being American was wrong because other cultures were somehow better or more important than our own, even here in our own country.

They had been told that they couldn't just be Americans any longer, that they had to be some kind of hyphenated American because that reflected diversity which was somehow better than unity.

They had been told that their beliefs were to be hidden, or worse forgotten, because other beliefs that had little to no history here in the U.S. were now the ones that deserved attention and praise and understanding, not the "backward" beliefs these folks held so dear.

They'd been told that because nothing was ever anyone else's fault when they got into trouble that by extension everything must be the fault of those folks who lived their whole lives trying to do what was right and stay out of trouble.

They'd been told that they had to keep paying more, and more, and more for everything they needed for themselves and their families, while their hard-earned, worked-for dollars went less and less and less far, while others who did nothing at all were given more and more and more by the government because those people who didn't work were somehow "entitled" to it.

Those folks all around the country had heard this for years, and they were hearing it again, louder and more shrill certainly from one side but also the same platitudes and undertones of the message from most of the other. And, they just said "enough; no more".

They took a look around their community and still saw crime, and thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

Around their neighborhoods they still saw their friends and neighbors, good people, struggling and out of work, and thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

They took a look at old family pictures and saw men and women who built this country, and thought those ancestors could not have been wrong.

They took a look at what they saw nationally; illegality lauded and legality derided, on so many levels that it shocked them, and they thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

They took a look at those that had served, with them perhaps or with their family, at the memorials for those that never made it home and at those still in uniform, and they didn't see any hyphens, and they thought that wasn't wrong, but it was right.

They took a look at their husbands, wives, and children and thought "damn it, I'm going to do something for them" and by them, they meant all of those people they cared about; in their homes, their neighborhoods, their communities, their nation, and that had come before them. And, they did.

These people stood up and said "enough". No more handouts. No more criminal behavior going unpunished. No more giving away our jobs. No more giving up our rights. No more watching our friends and neighbors struggle to take care of their families. No more being victims. No more being ashamed of being an American; being proud; being faithful. Just, no more.

That's what they voted FOR, for once. It didn't matter WHO was saying what sounded like that to them; it only mattered that it was being said. Finally, those folks - those Americans - said "enough" and there was a voice out there saying it with them and to them.

It's about not one thing, or another; it's about all those things, and so many more. It's about culture; it's about OUR culture, and it's about believing that OUR culture is right.
Typical clueless leftist. If one looks at the economy on the 4th quarter before the 02 election and the one quarter following and compare it to what we have now, it is clear that once again, the media colluded with the democrats to fool the electorate. This cycle, yes the economy is a mess and yes the rust belt is much rustier, we've had terrorist attacks etc, but the main issue Trump won was as Sean says "American Culture". I'm glad the left continues to beat their tone-deaf drum. Since obama took office the democrats have lost:

900 seats nation-wide from city councils, state legislatures, governors etc.
62 Congressional seats
11 Senate

And as far as the obama 50 plus % approval rate, that's easy when you (once again) over sample democrats and women. Keep whining ace, I DO love to see you seethe.
Excellent!

It's the economy stupid.

The story of this election is Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan--those are the states that put Trump in the Whitehouse and the states the MSM were NOT talking about--hence the "upset".

Those three states are traditional manufacturing, blue collar, union states.

The Reagan Democrats just became Trump Democrats.

Secondarily, the white middle class is becoing sick and tired of being called "racist, sexist, bigot" everytime they disagree with liberals. Calling those names are a political tactic called "framing the debate", rather than win/lose the debate on merits. That tactic is beginnning to backfire on liberals.

Casey
Excellent summation on both parts 4ager.

The sad things is, there are far to many folks out there that have to think to hard to try and grasp the tone of what you are so clearly articulating. Even more so, that too many will still never get it.

kudos

Yes.

Nice job doing so.

Here's why the left misses this completely, and to be honest so too does most of the political right. It's not a single issue; not the economy, or health care, or guns, or national defense, or immigration, and certainly not misogyny, or racism, or sexism, or homophobia, or xenophobia, or any other "scary" derogatory word pundits want to throw out there.

It's culture. Not a Southern culture, or Appalachia, or Midwestern, or urban, or rural; but American. At the core, it just comes right down to a vestige of American culture.

For decades, those folks who finally said "enough" have been told that their culture, their way of life, and by extension that of their entire familial history, was wrong.

They had been told they were wrong to want to keep those manufacturing jobs because global markets were better for them than putting food on their own table.

They had been told they were wrong for wanting to defend themselves, their families, their neighborhoods, and their communities from violent criminals because those criminals were just "misunderstood" and "disenfranchised" and, well, some of us (or our children) were just going to have to be victims.

They had been told that to be proud of their heritage of being American was wrong because other cultures were somehow better or more important than our own, even here in our own country.

They had been told that they couldn't just be Americans any longer, that they had to be some kind of hyphenated American because that reflected diversity which was somehow better than unity.

They had been told that their beliefs were to be hidden, or worse forgotten, because other beliefs that had little to no history here in the U.S. were now the ones that deserved attention and praise and understanding, not the "backward" beliefs these folks held so dear.

They'd been told that because nothing was ever anyone else's fault when they got into trouble that by extension everything must be the fault of those folks who lived their whole lives trying to do what was right and stay out of trouble.

They'd been told that they had to keep paying more, and more, and more for everything they needed for themselves and their families, while their hard-earned, worked-for dollars went less and less and less far, while others who did nothing at all were given more and more and more by the government because those people who didn't work were somehow "entitled" to it.

Those folks all around the country had heard this for years, and they were hearing it again, louder and more shrill certainly from one side but also the same platitudes and undertones of the message from most of the other. And, they just said "enough; no more".

They took a look around their community and still saw crime, and thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

Around their neighborhoods they still saw their friends and neighbors, good people, struggling and out of work, and thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

They took a look at old family pictures and saw men and women who built this country, and thought those ancestors could not have been wrong.

They took a look at what they saw nationally; illegality lauded and legality derided, on so many levels that it shocked them, and they thought that wasn't right; it was wrong.

They took a look at those that had served, with them perhaps or with their family, at the memorials for those that never made it home and at those still in uniform, and they didn't see any hyphens, and they thought that wasn't wrong, but it was right.

They took a look at their husbands, wives, and children and thought "damn it, I'm going to do something for them" and by them, they meant all of those people they cared about; in their homes, their neighborhoods, their communities, their nation, and that had come before them. And, they did.

These people stood up and said "enough". No more handouts. No more criminal behavior going unpunished. No more giving away our jobs. No more giving up our rights. No more watching our friends and neighbors struggle to take care of their families. No more being victims. No more being ashamed of being an American; being proud; being faithful. Just, no more.

That's what they voted FOR, for once. It didn't matter WHO was saying what sounded like that to them; it only mattered that it was being said. Finally, those folks - those Americans - said "enough" and there was a voice out there saying it with them and to them.

It's about not one thing, or another; it's about all those things, and so many more. It's about culture; it's about OUR culture, and it's about believing that OUR culture is right.

I'm going to suggest you compile your two posts Sean and put them out there. This message is bigger than you, and I'd encourage you to overcome your modesty and PLEASE write this up as a package and GET IT OUT THERE.

You are really dead on with this last piece. It could be a real encouragement to a lot of people, and would help solidify why we voted the way we did, and sadly, I think it might help some overcome their media-induced guilt for just being a proud American.

I'd love to read your writing in a nationally recognized format. Get it out brother, from all of us.

I'm going to suggest you compile your two posts Sean and put them out there. This message is bigger than you, and I'd encourage you to overcome your modesty and PLEASE write this up as a package and GET IT OUT THERE.

You are really dead on with this last piece. It could be a real encouragement to a lot of people, and would help solidify why we voted the way we did, and sadly, I think it might help some overcome their media-induced guilt for just being a proud American.

I'd love to read your writing in a nationally recognized format. Get it out brother, from all of us.

Again, I'm flattered and rather humbled by those comments. I would not even know where to start on placing it, even if it was good enough or I wanted to do so.

...This message is bigger than you....

Get it out there. But don't fall into this trap of becoming too verbose.

Again, I'm flattered and rather humbled by those comments. I would not even know where to start on placing it, even if it was good enough or I wanted to do so.

Do you listen to Laura Ingraham? Either way, you may consider checking this out.

https://www.lifezette.com/
Another good write (right?) up.

It'd dead on too.
Thank you. That's the best explanation/articulation of why Trump won I've seen.

What Fireball2 said, compile those posts and get them out there.
Folks don't want their child to get a participation trophy and pat on the head for coming in last, they want them to learn the hard lesson and try harder next time.

They want their educators to teach up to the best and brightest. They would rather their child struggle to receive a 70% at that level than a 100% of the lowest denominator.

They wish to go to church and socialize with like minded families without the over educated liberal 'elite' living off their tax money deriding their social choices as paranoid, backwards, homophobic and uneducated.

These folks don't have time or care to protest in the street or cry on youtube... they have work to do, families to raise and life to live.

They just took an hour or so to vote the stupid away and are back to what really matters.

Kent
I've forwarded this on... smile
we were standing on the edge of a cliff ready to get pushed off,america said hell no.

nov8 2016 ,the america grew a set of balls

great thread 4eager
Kudos Sean...

and a Grand Slam Home Run....
This has no place back on page 3

Bump

GTC
This has no place back on page 3

Bump

GTC

Agreed.
Originally Posted by krp
Folks don't want their child to get a participation trophy and pat on the head for coming in last, they want them to learn the hard lesson and try harder next time. Kent

I have a friend who is a retired Navy SEAL (a real deal SEAL, 21 years). He said the SEALs have a saying, "A second place winner is a first place loser."

Same with all these "participation" trophies that a kid can put on the shelf in his "safe space."

By the way 4AGER, those two commentaries are as well written and succinct as any of the many professional commentaries about Clinton's loss that I've read.

Well done.

L.W.
Thanks for taking the time to pen this...excellent!
© 24hourcampfire