Home
Looking at getting one/two of these for the ranch. Don't expect them to start my diesel truck or tractor, just want something as a backup for lawn tractor/Polaris Ranger/old Jeep with a v6. My experience is with the older "jumpstart packs" that are a heck of a lot bigger and usually have an AGM battery inside.

Any thoughts on what to get?? I see prices from $39 up to $200. Not looking for anything fancy, so hoping to keep it below $100 each, if quality is there. Figure this is something that'll last about 3-5 years.
My cousin has one that is pretty impressive when it comes to jumping vehicles. It's compact, red and black. I think it may be a Power All by doing a quick google search. Watched him jump start a V8 pickup that had sat outside in -20f temps last winter with it.
https://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-...p;sr=8-1&keywords=Anti+gravity+micro

Been pretty happy with this one.
I love mine 30 dollars on black Friday not much bigger then my smart phone. 3x5" I've jumped my snowmobile and several cars a half dozen car it will charge your cell phone or GPS if it has a USB port for some crazy number like 500 hours. I haven't had to charge it since I bought it still has 50 percent charge
For the price I would put one in every vehicle instead of waiting for a jump or AAA
battery on my old 4Runner had an issue last week. My son in law brought out his new Lithium ion paper book sized booster thingy. It would not start my truck. I got the old fashioned jumper box thing out of the back of the truck, and it fired right up.
I wonder if 2 in parallel would start a diesel before the wires melted.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

According to the reviews this is a fake?
I have to admit I'm skeptical about these mini-boosters. What's the wire size going to the battery? It looks like they're saying they can shove 600 amps through an 8 or 10 ga wire without burning things up.
Cabela's Pure Lead AGM Batteries work well.

A carry strap and a 4 Gauge Rubber coated Jumper Set and you are good to go.
Got this one as a gift from my buddy yesterday...He has the same one and has used it numerous times over the last couple of years with good results. I just checked price $127.00 ish and the reviews were 5 stars for that price range.

[Linked Image]
Those jump-n-carrys have been around forever. I used to have one in the 90's and it lasted a long time. I used it to jump cars, trucks, outboards, and lawnmowers. The only knock on them is that they have a big footprint.

The lithium ion units are fairly new and compact. A friend has one called a "wee go". I wonder how long the batteries in them last, because for the same money, the one you have is proven?
I got one of the fancy lithium ion ones for Christmas a year or two ago, biggest thing I tried to jump was a 6 liter v8 worked just fine had a buddy who swore his would jump a diesel but never saw it myself. Really kinda liked it. Only problem was it got left on the front seat on a hot day, when I got back heat had caused it to blow up.
My son gave us a DBpower unit last spring. He lives on a lake in a rural area and has ATVs, jet skis and a boat and bought one of these to try out and found it invaluable.

Upon receipt I charged it up, disconnected the terminals on my 4runner and it started it 4 times w/out problem. It claims 300amps of start power and peak power of 600 amps. It measure 3 1/2"x7 1/2"x 2" and weighs less than 2 lbs. It lives in the back of my car and remained there throughout the summer w/out problem.

I have not yet tried it to start a dead car battery on a cold day. I really like having it in the back country. It also can charge 2 I pads and 2 I phones on a single charge. They also make a model w/ 1000 amp peak power but I don't know how they would work on a diesel. It can recharge in the car.

mike r

So, no issues with the Las Vegas heat?? That was one of my concerns, leaving in a hot car/truck.
I have bought a couple of Black & Decker units that I wasn't at all impressed with. 'Hope that your's works when you need it.

No issues with the desert heat, it was in the 4 runner all summer.

mike r
© 24hourcampfire