Home
Posted By: mathman Money laundering - 01/09/17
No, not the criminal kind.

I've been doing my own laundry for nearly forty years, but today was a first: I put my wallet through the washing machine.

I'm happy paper currency is made out of good material. The hunting license and tags are OK too.

I'm also glad I didn't put the credit cards through the heat of the dryer.

Still I feel like a doofus.
Posted By: RWE Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
I've got a lot of clean bullets, and some clean pocket knives, but luckily my wallet hasn't made it there yet.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
I've had mine for 37 years and it's been through the washer and about everything else. grin I've now worn thru the first layer.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 5sdad Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
Mom always claimed any money found in the washer.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've had mine for 37 years and it's been through the washer and about everything else. grin I've now worn thru the first layer.

[Linked Image]

Yeah...no, it's time to replace.
I've twice put my blue tooth earpiece through the washer. Amazingly it still works. Pocketknife, money, you name it.
The "best" thing I ever put through the wash was a pocket full of baby eels when I was a kid. I was walking the flats pushing the crab net in front of me and caught a bunch of eels about 2 or 3 inches long. For what ever reason I put them in the pocket of my cut offs and promptly forgot about them. Mom was none too pleased.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
Mathman: YOU are human - and humans err.
I am glad that your money was not destroyed.
I do not want to steal your thread but my wife "decided" I needed a new wallet about 35 years ago and she bought me an "Eel skin" leather wallet.
I laughed at that when she gave it to me because I am hard on wallets and used to go through one every two or three years.
I thought that I would quickly destroy that Eel skin wallet.
Wrong!
That Eelskin leather wallet last over 30 years!
And it had been with me on unintended trips into lakes, streams, rivers and a swimming pool dunking or two!
That Eelskin leather material just would NOT show wear.
Finally I lost it and the VarmintWife offered to buy another but when I saw the cost of an Eelskin wallet I opted for an artificial materials one with velcro closing.
Again YOU are human - lesson learned.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
The washer does cell phones no good at all or it could have been the dryer eek
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
I've put a lot of things through the laundry over the years, the worst being a couple of cheap ball-point pens that made it through the washer just fine, but leaked almost every drop of ink in the dryer. Ruined several dress shirts and pants, not to mention coated the inside of the dryer.
Yes, I caught hell for that one. blush

If someone is going to replace a wallet, I highly suggest getting one that blocks RFID readers from scanning your credit cards, even while they are on your pocket.

With the new chips on cards, the scanners (and scammers) can get all of your card info and your personal info from the card just by being in close proximity to you.

Here's a good company to check out; LINK

Ed
Posted By: Owl Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
Good to know Ed. I've heard of a few people already being scanned and scammed here in Phoenix.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
Originally Posted by Owl
Good to know Ed. I've heard of a few people already being scanned and scammed here in Phoenix.

SeaTac airport police caught a guy not long ago scanning people who were at baggage claim waiting for their bags.

He wasn't too sophisticated about it, he was walking around with a small laptop and a small box plugged into it. Someone was behind him, waiting for their bags and happened to see the screen and realized what was going on and called the cops.

It happens more than people think. Coffee shops with Internet service and shopping malls are other favorite places where people just hang out and so provide both targets and cover for the thieves.

Ed
Posted By: hanco Re: Money laundering - 01/09/17
I have washed mine too
© 24hourcampfire