Home
Posted By: 4ager Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
This is the year Jim gets in.

He should have been in years ago. He's the only QB to win two SuperBowls and not be in that are or have been eligible for induction. He adds two SB MVPs to that list. He has the yards for a career, especially in an era of stout (and largely unchecked) defenses and an emphasis on the running game. He played behind some of the worst lines in league history, and several times under the worst head coaches and GMs to do that.

So why 2017?

Because he is the only Hispanic to win the SuperBowl as a QB, and the NFL (pushed by Disney/ESPN) will make sure it happens this coming year in order to call Trump "racist" and whine about Mexicans, etc. They are pandering hard to that market, and Plunkett is going to get used to forward that agenda.

It's a damned shame it will come to that, though. Plunkett deserves to be in already, and not played as a pawn.
Originally Posted by 4ager

It's a damned shame it will come to that, though. Plunkett deserves to be in already, and not played as a pawn.

Agreed and well said.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
This is the year Jim gets in.

He should have been in years ago. He's the only QB to win two SuperBowls and not be in that are or have been eligible for induction. He adds two SB MVPs to that list. He has the yards for a career, especially in an era of stout (and largely unchecked) defenses and an emphasis on the running game. He played behind some of the worst lines in league history, and several times under the worst head coaches and GMs to do that.

So why 2017?

Because he is the only Hispanic to win the SuperBowl as a QB, and the NFL (pushed by Disney/ESPN) will make sure it happens this coming year in order to call Trump "racist" and whine about Mexicans, etc. They are pandering hard to that market, and Plunkett is going to get used to forward that agenda.

That's crazy. I didn't know he wasn't in the HOF. He should have been inducted in the 90's.

Posted By: hanco Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
I think they gonna plunk him in!!
Posted By: byc Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Silly me I didn't know he was Hispanic. I truly thought he was Native American.

I'm happy for this long lost but now found Raider.

Congrats Jim!!!!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Originally Posted by byc

Congrats Jim!!!!
Same here thought he was Native american Indian
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Hes been a borderline guy for a while. Never threw many TD's but threw a ton of interceptions. 50% pass completions. Never in the pro bowl.

That said he definitely had some gritty comeback wins.

Eli has far better stats even when you take into consideration the eras in which they played.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by byc

Congrats Jim!!!!

Here's three with same thought.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by byc

Congrats Jim!!!!

A lot of "Mexicans" are native Americans. It's just more identity politics BS.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
I made good money on him. Let him in.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Agreed and well said.

Absolutely. He should already be in based on his play alone.
Posted By: PrimeBeef Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Hes been a borderline guy for a while. Never threw many TD's but threw a ton of interceptions. 50% pass completions. Never in the pro bowl.

That said he definitely had some gritty comeback wins.

Eli has far better stats even when you take into consideration the eras in which they played.

Plunkett and Joe Namath have surprisingly similar career stats. Namath was a HOF shoe-in. Having seen both, I think Namath was a much better qb, although Plunkett was certainly no slouch.
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
Don't think he is "Native American".
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Jim Plunkett, HOF 2017 - 02/04/17
He looks Eskimo to me . . . by the way, I always believed in Plunkett when the media was treating him like Trent Dilfer (who I also like) and giving him no credit for his Super Bowl wins.
© 24hourcampfire