Home
Boo hoo...illegal alien of 21 years convicted of a felony gets deported. the article is written to try an make you feel sad and guilty, but judging from the comments it ain't working.

Sob Story from yahoo

Twenty-one years after moving to the U.S. from her native Guanjuato, Mexico, Guadalupe García de Rayos has been dropped off alone in Nogales, Sonora, a bustling border town just over the 20-foot fence from Arizona and nearly 1,200 miles from the home she left behind at age 14.

“That’s a long drive,” her husband, Aaron Rayos, said at a press conference in Phoenix Thursday, the news of his wife’s deportation visibly just starting to sink in. Of course, for undocumented immigrants, the fear of deportation is one that always looms heavily. But, said Rayos, “We never thought this day would come.”

One day after García de Rayos was detained during a routine appointment the at ICE field office in Phoenix, she and her family appear to have become among the first casualties of Trump’s promised crackdown on illegal immigration.

“I think this is a direct result of the new executive orders that are being put into action,” García de Rayos’ attorney, Ray Ybarra Maldonado, told reporters on the phone Thursday, after receiving word from the Mexican consulate that his client had, indeed, been deported. Specifically, Ybarra Maldonado pointed to the order signed by President Trump last month entitled “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” which, among other things, moved to more broadly define “criminal aliens,” while making it easier for federal immigration agents to deport them.

“This has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with kicking people of color out of our country,” Ybarra Maldonado said, calling the order “a complete sham.”

As their American-born teenage children noted in their own tearful statements Thursday, García de Rayos and her family have pretty much lived in fear of this day since 2008, when sheriff’s deputies showed up at their home to arrest their mother after a raid on her then-employer revealed that she’d been using a fake social security number. The raid was one of many orchestrated by longtime Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio as a means of rounding up and slapping criminal charges on undocumented workers. García de Rayos pled guilty to criminal impersonation — a low-level felony — and by the time a federal judge deemed Arpaio’s raids unconstitutional in 2015, she’d been branded with a criminal record that would haunt her for years to come.

In 2013, after having already served six months in an ICE detention center, an immigration judge ruled that the mother of two had no legal basis to remain in the U.S. and she was ordered to leave the country.

García de Rayos appealed the order and, thanks to an Obama-era policy that prioritized deporting dangerous criminals, known gang members, and other people believed to pose a threat to public safety, she was permitted to stay under the condition that she check in at the local ICE field office periodically, at first once a year and later every six months.

When it came time for her latest appointment this Tuesday, Ybarra Maldonado said, “No facts in her case [were] any different than the last time she checked in. The only difference is the executive order and the new president.”

Aware of the potential impact those factors could have on the outcome of this year’s check-in, García de Rayos showed up anyway — and she wasn’t the only one. Local immigrant rights group Puente Arizona rallied about two hundred people outside the ICE office in anticipation that García de Rayos might be detained, erupting in protest and blocking an ICE van from leaving with García de Rayos for several hours before seven protesters were arrested.

Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos in the van. Reflection is her son Angel, 16. pic.twitter.com/cZMjdUi67C
— Daniel Gonzalez (@azdangonzalez) February 9, 2017

It wasn’t until Thursday morning that Ybarra Maldonado was informed — not by ICE, he said, but by the Mexican consulate — that his attempt to stay García de Rayos’ deportation order had been denied and she had, in fact, been removed from the country.

“Here it is this morning and those cowards have yet to even return my call, to send me an email,” the frustrated attorney told reporters Thursday, referring to federal immigration officials.

Meanwhile, ICE has deflected attempts to pin García de Rayos’ removal on President Trump.

“Ms. García, who has a prior felony conviction in Arizona for criminal impersonation, was the subject of a court-issued removal order that became final in July 2013,” said ICE public affairs officer Yasmeen Pitts O’Keefe in a statement to Yahoo News. “Ms. García’s immigration case underwent review at multiple levels of the immigration court system, including the Board of Immigration Appeals, and the judges held she did not have a legal basis to remain in the U.S.”

“ICE will continue to focus on identifying and removing individuals with felony convictions who have final orders of removal issued by the nation’s immigration courts,” she added.

Asked about the García de Rayos case during Thursday’s press briefing, White House spokesman Sean Spicer referred reporters back to the immigration officials, saying, “That’s an ICE matter.”

But for those in García de Rayos’ corner, there’s no question about whom to blame.

“ICE has done what President Trump wanted to, which is deport and separate our families,” Carlos García, executive director of Puente Arizona, told reporters Thursday. But long before there was Trump, García said, “the suffering of this family began with Sheriff Arpaio and his worksite raids.”

That’s why, he continued, Puente and other local activist groups will continue to organize and call on local officials like Maricopa County’s newly-elected Sheriff Paul Penzone, who unseated Arpaio in November after 24 years in office, and Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton “to look at this case as an example for them to step up” and show their support for the city’s immigrant population.

Meanwhile, Ybarra Maldonado is working to simply reach García de Rayos in Mexico and reconnect her with family — though he acknowledges that the chances of returning his client to the country she’s lived in for more than two decades are slim.

Thanks to that felony fake ID charge, he said, “legally, there are not a lot of options for her to come back.”

As for other clients who may have their own ICE dates looming, Ybarra Maldonado said, “my advice to them is going to be, ‘Let’s look for a sanctuary — a church that might want to take you in,’” instead.

“It’s no fun walking someone to the slaughter,” he said.
Every one of them knew there was a chance of being sent back. We all take calculated risks to some degree. You just have to learn to live with the consequences once you get caught. This is no different. cry

Someone has decided to enforce the law on the books.

Fake Soc Sec card identification. Could've saved the money over 21 years and got right with the law since she was working, to be free of the spectre of deportation, one woukd think.

Thot noone would ever come for her. Thot wrong.

...we got to have some Law.
Everyone has it wrong. First lock them up for 10 years. Then, when they finish their sentence, deport them!
Originally Posted by Leonten
Everyone has it wrong. First lock them up for 10 years. Then, when they finish their sentence, deport them!

We've paid enough and now we're stuck with her kids.
Ample time has passed under the bridge for her to have gone through the naturalization process. Her fault.
Just got an example of why they need to do it the right way.

Skated for 21 years.

Adios!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Skated for 21 years.

Adios!

My feeling exactly. It has too long been promoted that 'get here any way you can' blend in and then claim some kind of familial status to exonerate yourself from the original crime. It was 'our' bad for not clarifying this 21 years ago.

Hell, if I decided I wanted to be a ____________ (left blank cause I don't feel like being anything but an American) and thought I'd go about by sneaking into ______________, i'd wake up each day expecting it to be my last. Only in America (far as I know) does this lawless attitude exist so blatantly.

That attitude needs to change. You cannot come here, skip the whole citizenship process and CHOOSE to squirt out a couple progeny as some sort of right to stay. Send em home early, send em home often.
one down, millions to go.

if they took 'em from this block, it
would be quieter than my country place.
and it would be a lot cleaner here, like
it was years ago, and way less crime
Once the word gets out that you're going to spend 10 years in prison, they'll stop coming!

Skated for 21 years.

Adios!

I hope they are smart enough to make coming here without permission a felony, then all will be "Ineligible".

Well ....bye
First thing is to get rid of the anchor baby thing. If one parent is a legal citizen the offspring is also. If neither is (even if in- country legally) the kid isn't either. not our problem sorting out family matters if an illegal gets deported
Immigration touchy subject. Ask the American Indians what they think of immigration? LOL
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Immigration touchy subject. Ask the American Indians what they think of immigration? LOL

The same ones living off the government now, in every aspect of their lives?

we can't ask the ones that were displaced. they're
long long ago dead along with those that displaced them.
The "Indians" from Asia were predated by the Solutreans from Europe.

The same ones living off the government now, in every aspect of their lives?

mad mad mad
None the less we are all immigrants , less we forget. Granted the system in place now can't support an overload of immigrants. The system in place 100-300 years ago didn't assist immigrants. Either you hustled and fed your family or you all starved.

Probably the same thing the Aboriginal people thought of the Canuks, Your country is not without history itself.

Good luck with Trudeau and his dream policies, Hopefully Canada doesn't turn into a giant cat litter box and come under sharia law.

America decided to do something about uncontrolled and illegal immigration, I sincerely hope Canada decides to do the same before it's to late for you.
None the less we are all immigrants , less we forget. Granted the system in place now can't support an overload of immigrants. The system in place 100-300 years ago didn't assist immigrants. Either you hustled and fed your family or you all starved.

Nope, most of us were born here. My ancestors were immigrants; I am not. Does anyone really think any of the countries your ancestors came from would consider you a citizen two, three, twelve generations later? Try to get into them with the required documents, they will consider you to be there illegally.
Deciding and passing as law is 2 different things. I did say we are all immigrants did I not? Canada or USA. Maybe you should take another look at your history. Most of the Indians living now in Canada were chased up here by your horse mounted military. Once the Indians passed into Canada the RCMP closed the ranks and stopped the pursuit. And on another subject-Sharia will never pass since the women will not allow it to pass in Canada, they tried this many times before. I also agree Trudeau is a dipshite.
Originally Posted by DHN
[quote=378Canuck]None the less we are all immigrants , less we forget. Granted the system in place now can't support an overload of immigrants. The system in place 100-300 years ago didn't assist immigrants. Either you hustled and fed your family or you all starved.

Nope, most of us were born here. My ancestors were immigrants; I am not. Does anyone really think any of the countries your ancestors came from would consider you a citizen two, three, twelve generations later? Try to get into them with the required documents, they will consider you to be there illegally. [/quote Kinda groups into the anchor baby policy.
Granted, re" "American Indians"
Their were some absolutely horrendous and immoral evolutions tied to "Manifest destiny. BUT, by and large, we killed ours with rifles, revolvers, and sabers.
Canada ("The Crown") chose to kill their aboriginals with sugar, white flour, and Hudson Bay Rum.
Same goddam results, buster.
Nice up their on that HIGH horse ?

GTC
Over medicated again I see. LMAO
Now hopefully they go after Ca Senator Kevin de Leon who on the air stated half his family is here illegally. Make an example of the the gun hating liberal POS.
GFY you smarmy, supercilious , holier than thou prick.

GTC
I agree, but if you deport half his family do you think
1. He will follow them to Mexico?
2. Tie it up in the courts for the next 10 years costing millions to taxpayers?
3. Use the anchor baby rule and make sure that all his relatives have babies
even if there not really theirs?
4. Raise up all the Dems and mexicans to riot, burning cars and looting similar to the black community method of operation?
5. Become even more of a gun hating liberal POS?

Trudeau will open your borders to any and all. Great; have them and keep them. Our country has chosen differently.

Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC
Thats your rebuttal? Pitiful, I figured we could get an illuminating discussion for all on the web to learn something from your collected wisdom stored in that over medicated brain of yours. LOL
I agree, but if you deport half his family do you think
1. He will follow them to Mexico?
2. Tie it up in the courts for the next 10 years costing millions to taxpayers?
3. Use the anchor baby rule and make sure that all his relatives have babies
even if there not really theirs?
4. Raise up all the Dems and mexicans to riot, burning cars and looting similar to the black community method of operation?
5. Become even more of a gun hating liberal POS?

1. His choice
2. No grounds; she was illegal and a felon. Bye.
3. DNA is a wonderful thing. Oh, and they already do that.
4. Good; more felons to deport.
5. Guns have nothing to do with this; poor red herring.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Trudeau will open your borders to any and all. Great; have them and keep them. Our country has chosen differently.

Yes I wish Trudeau had balls too. But he's a whimpy pussified Liberal who will not be in power after his 4 year term is over. I will be glad to see him fade off our Canadian history books.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Yes I wish Trudeau had balls too. But he's a whimpy pussified Liberal who will not be in power after his 4 year term is over. I will be glad to see him fade off our Canadian history books.

Yet, you are endorsing his ideology of open borders?
No I'm not endorsing open borders, I never said that once, why put words into my mouth? Open borders to select groups only is my request. I agree with Trump banning 7 muslim countries but he forgot Saudi Arabia where 15 of the 19 terrorists took down the Twin towers. When I saw that well i figured there is another ass kissing Prez right after 8 years of Obama licking Saudi boots. I lost all respect for the man.
No I'm not endorsing open borders, I never said that once, why put words into my mouth? Open borders to select groups only is my request. I agree with Trump banning 7 muslim countries but he forgot Saudi Arabia where 15 of the 19 terrorists took down the Twin towers. When I saw that well i figured there is another ass kissing Prez right after 8 years of Obama licking Saudi boots. I lost all respect for the man.

You clearly did not read the EO, then. The rationale behind the temporary entry restrictions (not a ban) was that the seven countries have 1) a current history of terrorist training camps and/or operations within their borders, and 2) a severe deficiency in or inability to identify and vet potential emigrants and/or refugees.

SA does not fit either of those categories, though ignorant people bring up 9/11 which was prior to any of the screening procedures now in place for SA or anywhere else. Those seven countries cannot currently comply with the current procedures; SA does.

You're whining about a non-citizen of the US who was slated for deportation actually being deported. That's an asinine complaint.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC
Thats your rebuttal? Pitiful, I figured we could get an illuminating discussion for all on the web to learn something from your collected wisdom stored in that over medicated brain of yours. LOL

I just came in from a long honest days work, ...and you know phouc-all about my brain, azzwhole.
As to who's defining "pitiful",....well, that's certainly open to debate.
You and Trudeau go eat chit and howl at the moon together now, I'm out of this one.

GTC
I lost all respect for the man.

Thats the beautiful thing about it, whether or not you respect the man or not doesn't matter. I'll also predict Good old Justin will be there at the end of his 4 year term, he's perfect for the liberal masses in Canada.

And on another subject-Sharia will never pass since the women will not allow it to pass in Canada, they tried this many times before.

That's what they thought in Europe as well, take a look at Europe because that is what Canada is going to look like in 10 years.
Good luck.
She had no leg to stand on, and now she's been busted. Come here legally-NBD. Don't follow the rules and get busted-you deserve what you get.

Oh well, the lib's needs something to protest about any ways.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I lost all respect for the man.

Thats the beautiful thing about it, whether or not you respect the man or not doesn't matter. I'll also predict Good old Justin will be there at the end of his 4 year term, he's perfect for the liberal masses in Canada.

And on another subject-Sharia will never pass since the women will not allow it to pass in Canada, they tried this many times before.

That's what they thought in Europe as well, take a look at Europe because that is what Canada is going to look like in 10 years.
Good luck.
Probable if Trudeau stays in power more than 4 years, but I doubt he will be around after his 4 year term is over. God help please if you can.
[Linked Image]
In on a Tuesday, 10 minute meeting, out of the country by Thursday.

So much for all the geniuses that said it would take too long to get em out.
© 24hourcampfire