Home
Posted By: Bristoe Down in Macon - 02/10/17
That's where I'm at right now,....tourin' Dixie.

Bein' a Kentuckian, I'm not a hardcore southerner,...but damed if I don't feel among my kind whenever I get down this a'way.

Saw 2 Confederate flags flying today. One was on a pole about 25' high on the side of I-75 and the other was in a grave yard. I can only surmise that it was a Confederate graveyard.

I'm startin' to feel like you have to go lookin' for America these days,...and that there's damn little of it left.

But one place you can find it is in Macon.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17
I knew a girl from Macon... sweet little blonde haired, blue eyed southern girl. Long time ago now.

And of course her name was Tyler. WTF.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I knew a girl from Macon... sweet little blonde haired, blue eyed southern girl. Long time ago now.

Just means you're getting older?
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17
Kentucky, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW-V6tyyp4o
Posted By: joken2 Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17

Y'all be careful, ya heah...

Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Just means you're getting older?

Ain't that the troof.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Down in Macon - 02/10/17
Just a bit east of there is a town called Millegdeville. Had one bar in the town, the Opera House. Had a lot of fun in that place!
Posted By: ecmn Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
My wife and I have no ties to the South but we love to go down and just look around. We have met wonderful people every place we have been. We often will stop at old grave yards and imagine the family stories. I like to stop anywhere that looks interesting and talk to the folks. I still get a kick out of seeing a cotton field.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
Been to Macon. Once. Bought some shirts at Academy, had lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was nicer than Florida, I thought.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

It's gonna be a small world if Tyler had a twin sister named Sam... grin
Posted By: Gus Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
worked in macon for 18 long hard years. lived in twiggs county next door, named after general twiggs of revolutionary war fame. the ocmulgee river runs through macon and the boundary of twiggs.

and that's all i've got to say about that. and oh, Greg Allman et.al lived in macon in the big house for a number of years.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
Yall stop by my house and say Howdy. Hour and a half, and two hundred years, South of Macon. Plantation country.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
I belong to a hunt club about 25 miles east of Macon on I 16
near Jeffersonville....nice folks up there....
Posted By: Gus Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
I belong to a hunt club about 25 miles east of Macon on I 16
near Jeffersonville....nice folks up there....

bond swamp on the ocmulgee between jeffersonville and macon has a breeding population of black bear, along with hogs and deer.

i always liked the folks in the area. it's not like the more urbanized areas in the state.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Down in Macon - 02/11/17
Used to see some monster bucks while traveling 441 between Athens and McRae around dusk during the rut.

I need to get back over that way. Been far too long.
© 24hourcampfire