Home
The 9th Circuit seems headed toward re-hearing the entire issue en banc. The Court has just requested briefs from both sides. As far as I know, that's a bit unusual and only done when the original 3 judge panel has done something very questionable.
Hope so
I'd bet the original judge and the 3 following received a nice retirement package.
The others either want to make it right or want their cut. I'll go with B.
Let's wait and see.
The higher courts, or any court for that matter are no place for politics. At least thats how is should be. Seems the 9th ciruit is letting their judgement be clouded by their schitty liberal antics.
They have been doing that for way to long a time.
Strange thing happened to a conservative judge recently, leaving a vacancy. It could happen elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Mgw619
The higher courts, or any court for that matter are no place for politics. At least thats how is should be. Seems the 9th ciruit is letting their judgement be clouded by their schitty liberal antics.

Activist judges have been around since judges were given the ability to decide on the constitutionality of a question before their court.

For as long as I can remember the 9th Circus has been handing down activist opinions, reversing local, state and federal law and ignoring the US Constitution.

The US Constituion is not a hard read. The average person can get through it, and understand what is plainly written, in about an hour...maybe longer if you have to move your lips when you read.
This pm Trump said he may rewrite the EO monday or tuesday and resubmit it.

With actions taking place to split the 9th i figure the 9th wanto cool the impending schittstorm by being maybe more 'congenial'.
The ninth circuit (the most reversed court in history) is going to hold hearings on themselves?

Gee....I wonder how that'll turn out? whistle
The first opinion was just a three judge panel. The re-hearing is for the full group.
The full group tends to echo the 3-judge decisions, so it's just another step that has to be taken.

BTW, the 9th Circuit has an 85% turnover rate by the Supreme Court. Talk about idiots that won't learn!

Ed
The 9th Circuit put themselves is a very precarious position with this decision.

Imagine if there is an immigrant terrorist attack at any time in the future.

It will quickly become known as the “9th Circuit attack” and this court will be saddled with all of the blame.

Originally Posted by Anaconda
The 9th Circuit put themselves is a very precarious position with this decision.

It will quickly become known as the “9th Circuit attack” and this court will be saddled with all of the blame.

That was the first thing I thought about when I heard the outcome.
They better hope a muzzie bomber that entered the country after they decided the constitution was less important than some professor from another country's inconvenience is doesn't kill a pile of snowflakes.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The first opinion was just a three judge panel. The re-hearing is for the full group.
The full group tends to echo the 3-judge decisions,

This^^^.

They want to validate the 3-judge decision to make it more credible in the hope that it will be more difficult for SCOTUS to overturn it...............I'd be completely shocked if it's anything else.

MM
[Linked Image]
The full group tends to echo the 3-judge decisions, so it's just another step that has to be taken.

BTW, the 9th Circuit has an 85% turnover rate by the Supreme Court. Talk about idiots that won't learn!

Ed

This.

Let that sink in awhile... whistle

The "Nutty Ninth" has earned it's nickname.

AND they have a caseload backup of over 13,000 cases. Can America continue to let these idiots dictate law and legislation?
Originally Posted by denton
The 9th Circuit seems headed toward re-hearing the entire issue en banc. The Court has just requested briefs from both sides. As far as I know, that's a bit unusual and only done when the original 3 judge panel has done something very questionable.

why would the en bloc court rule any differently? They are all commie bastards on the 9th Circuit, and they all hate, ignore, and abuse the Constitution.
agreed... Trump could always ignore the request for brief to be filed. give them the finger, in a way
I came across this opinion this morning while sipping my pre-7am ER cuppa joe.

Interesting read. Basically, the author's opinion confirms one of my suspicions from the get-go on this whole "anti-Muslim" EO. He's suggesting that it was and designed to be a straw man, to sucker the Left into going FOP mode (full-on protest) and at the same time show the more gullible Trump voters that he was/is fulfilling an election promise that he could fulfill and is fulfilling anyway.

So, by issuing the bombastic EO, Trump has effectively 1) ramped up the hysteria of the Left's activist circles, goading them into showing America just how batshit-crazy they are; 2) displayed his intention of fulfilling his campaign promise; 3) distracted the Left from the ongoing fight to get his cabinet appointments pushed thru Congress, and particularly his SC appointment; and 4) distracted EVERYbody from watching him unleash the dogs of INS, Border Patrol, and Homeland Security on the illegals among us.

This Trump guy just keeps looking smarter and smarter to me.

Originally Posted by conservative_treehouse
Currently, thanks to the ridiculous political judicial opinion of the 9th Circuit, the entire professional left and Democrat party are on display trying to block President Trump from protecting the American people. As a direct consequence they own any negative outcomes, including any act of terrorism, that might happen in the next several months.

Why would President Trump remove that political liability? If he’s smart, and he’s proven he is way beyond smart, he won’t.

Behind the scenes, and unrelated to the judicial ruling, President Trump can use his cabinet team to construct immigration and visa review policy that accomplishes the security goal. The Attorney General (Sessions), DHS (Kelly) and State Department (T-Rex) can execute departmental policy objectives under existing legal authority.

President Trump never really needed the majority parts of the executive order to carry out the security agenda. However, using the XO provided a highly public approach toward showing the American electorate he was fulfilling a campaign security promise. Tightening the visa approval process and executing “extreme vetting” doesn’t require anything except a policy and procedural change.

If President Trump does nothing, the underlying challenges to the Executive Order continue forward in the courts, while he gets his SCOTUS pick -Gorsuch- on the bench. If he so chooses, the DOJ can eventually bring the case to the Supreme Court, where almost everyone admits the Ninth Circuit and Judge Robarts decision will be overturned and all of the protestation from the left will have been for naught.

In the interim of the slow case proceeding, ANY instance of violence and terrorism provides President Trump the opportunity to use his bully pulpit -and Twitter- to hang the occurrence, foreign or domestic, like a millstone around the neck of Democrats up for elected office in 2018.

There is no downside on the domestic security agenda for President Trump; however, the Democrats are fraught with fear that something might just happen. Ultimately, THIS, the politics behind the entire construct, is the reason for the ninth circuit tonight asking for an en banc hearing of their own judicial ruling.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...now-demands-it-be-protected-from-itself/
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Activist judges have been around since judges were given the ability to decide on the constitutionality of a question before their court.

For as long as I can remember the 9th Circus has been handing down activist opinions, reversing local, state and federal law and ignoring the US Constitution.

The US Constituion is not a hard read. The average person can get through it, and understand what is plainly written, in about an hour...maybe longer if you have to move your lips when you read.

Agree. The COTUS is was written by men without an 8yr college degree from a puking liberal ivy league elitest colleg. It states plainly what the rules are. Any high school grad should be able to grasp and understand it.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Agree. The COTUS is was written by men without an 8yr college degree from a puking liberal ivy league elitest colleg. It states plainly what the rules are. Any high school grad should be able to grasp and understand it.

Very much in agreement!

The game is checkers, yet they still continue to play chess! frown
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ed

This.

AND they have a caseload backup of over 13,000 cases. Can America continue to let these idiots dictate law and legislation?

Yep, US code 8 ,section 1182 is VERY clear on the Presidents power to limit aliens in the interest of the country. They overstepped their bounds....
Is anyone really naïve enough to believe that the 9th might reverse itself. pssstttt......want a good deal on a skyhook.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ed

This.

With this record of 85% wrong decisions it should be time to fire and replace them. Would anyone be able to hold a real job in the private sector with an 85% failure rate?
If Trump, 're' - Issues an EO, that addresses the concern which prompted the first suit, and replaces the First EO, will that not render the 9ths Rulings moot?
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Is anyone really naïve enough to believe that the 9th might reverse itself. pssstttt......want a good deal on a skyhook.

I don't entertain delusions about the SC reversing it either.
Originally Posted by muffin
If Trump, 're' - Issues an EO, that addresses the concern which prompted the first suit, and replaces the First EO, will that not render the 9ths Rulings moot?

It'll take the liberals about 20 minutes to run down and file a new suit.

Cockblocking. That's what they do.

Ed

Ed, Someone posted a graph a day or two ago showing that a couple of other Circuits were not far behind the Ninth as far as reversals.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Ed

Ed, Someone posted a graph a day or two ago showing that a couple of other Circuits were not far behind the Ninth as far as reversals.

Maybe there's a couple more circuits than just the 9th we need to squish?
Activist judges have to be impeached and that starts with you and I contacting our congresscritters to do so. They will not do this with out the electorate getting behind it HARD. NOT preserving protecting and defending the Constitution has to be an impeachable offense and WE the People must become engaged to hold congresses feet to the fire so they will act on it.

WE are on the offensive and must strike while the iron is hot...

And 2018 is just right around the corner...
http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...uit-isnt-most-overturned-court-country-/

The Supreme Court hears cases from the 50 state courts and 13 federal appeals courts, known as circuit courts. The cases that the Supreme Court chooses to take on are often disputed among the lower courts, complex, and problematic, so there’s a reasonable chance that the Supreme Court will decide that the lower court’s decision was wrong.

In fact, the Supreme Court reversed about 70 percent of cases it took between 2010-15. Among cases it reviewed from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, it reversed about 79 percent.

The Supreme Court only hears a handful of cases from each circuit each year, so the rate of reversal is highly variable, said Jonah Gelbach, a law professor at the University of Pennsylvania and a statistician. In 2014, for instance, the 2nd Circuit had a reversal rate of 100 percent, which sounds pretty bad until you find out that the Supreme Court only heard one case from the 2nd Circuit that entire season.

The 9th Circuit is by far the largest circuit. In the 12 months leading up to March, 31, 2015, just under 12,000 cases were filed in the 9th Circuit — more than 4,000 more than the next-largest circuit, the 5th Circuit. Despite that gigantic docket, the Supreme Court heard just 11 cases from the 9th Circuit in 2015, reversing eight.

This means the Supreme Court generally reverses far less than 1 percent of all the cases the 9th Circuit (and other circuits) decide.

Extremely unusual. Courts do not request briefs; they are petitioned for re hearings and appeals. To have a court request briefs preemptively is very, very rare.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Extraordinarily rare.

A judge on the 9th making that "request" is essentially a demand.

I'd suspect that judge was Alex Kozinski.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Extremely unusual. Courts do not request briefs; they are petitioned for re hearings and appeals. To have a court request briefs preemptively is very, very rare.

Like I said in one of the 20 other threads on this matter. Total setup!!!!
Originally Posted by 4ager

Listen to the Lawyer guys.

I can't remember the last time I've seen this.
Originally Posted by Anaconda

Nah, the libs will blame Trump, or maybe Bush.

Ed

This is even more ugly than it seems.

The Supreme Court only accepts 3% of the requests for a hearing in the SC.

These a$$holes are wrong 85% of the time, but only 3% of the mistakes they make are fixed by the Supremes.

Lotsa people gettin fcked over in the 9th.

Courts have lost any respectability they once had, anyway, just another reinforcement of the faking of the due process the Constitution guarantees.
Mgw619: Your sentiment is commendable but your observation is naive to the extreme!
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has been entirely, completely and unwaveringly outlandishly liberal for the last 45+ years, that I know of.
I began dealing with them in the late 1960's and their decisions have been unwaveringly political (liberal!) every year since then.
That is the main reason their opinions that go on to the Supreme Court of the United States are reversed 86% of the time!
These 9th Circuit Court "judges" are judicial activist (they make judicial decisions based on their political GOALS not in accordance with or based on laws made by citizens through our Senators and Representatives!)!
In short they are liberal leaning "activists" not judges.
Its sad they have been so, for so long!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Maybe the reason for the 9th's panic:

"Since 9/11, 72 individuals from the seven mostly Muslim countries covered by President Trump's "extreme vetting" executive order have been convicted of terrorism, a finding that clashes sharply with claims from an appeals court that there is "no evidence" those countries have produced a terrorist."

"The Center's director of policy studies, Jessica M. Vaughan, based her blockbuster report on a 2016 report from the Senate Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, then chaired by new Attorney General Jeff Sessions, that report found that 380 out of 580 people convicted in terror cases since 9/11 were foreign-born.

She received further information on many in the report to conclude that 72 of those convicted of terrorism come from the seven nations target by Trump."

"These immigrant terrorists lived in at least 16 different states, with the largest number from the terror-associated countries living in New York (10), Minnesota (8), California (8), and Michigan (6). Ironically, Minnesota was one of the states suing to block Trump's order to pause entries from the terror-associated countries, claiming it harmed the state. At least two of the terrorists were living in Washington, which joined with Minnesota in the lawsuit to block the order."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...countries-trump-targeted/article/2614582

For years, no one could get Americans excited about what was happening in the Federal Court system. Now folks are paying attention thanks, in part, to mass communications like the internet (why do you think the liberals want to control it?) and the election of Donald Trump.

Americans are finally paying attention. It appears liberals do not like it when their antics are exposed to the masses.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire