Home
Posted By: Ringman Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke. I got up and went to the back of the trailer house and discovered the water heater area was engulfed in flames. I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband. I got the kids out to one of the cars and counted them. Later my daughter told me they were counted by all four adults.

Some one called the fire department. While we were waiting the adults started carrying things out of the house hoping we could save somethings. Then I noticed the other adults were coughing. To my surprise none of them were bending over to stay below the smoke. The smoke was a heavy layer about four and a half feet above the floor.

So if you're doing that in a fire bend over.

Another thing, I think it was last year, is a first responder pulled a woman from an car at a collision scene. She was so badly mutilated he didn't realize it was his own daughter. What happened is she was struck from behind knocking her car into the oncoming lane of highway traffic.

This reminded me to keep your steering wheels straight until you actually start moving forward.

Anyone have more to add?
Posted By: Brazos Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Good reminders RM.

I would change one thing: after you get everyone out of a burning building

DON'T F'ing GO BACK IN FOR "STUFF"!
Posted By: 4ager Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by Brazos
Good reminders RM.

Don't try to make sense; Ringman cannot comprehend that.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
AMEN!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by 4ager
Good reminders RM.

Don't try to make sense; Ringman cannot comprehend that.

Probably because he is too busy stuffing up one of his rifles.
Posted By: denton Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Keep fire extinguishers in the house.

If you're going to an area where you think you might need a gun, don't go.

Have an emergency bag with enough food, medicine, flashlights, and such for three days.

Wear your seatbelts.

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
If your dick takes you places you wouldn't go with a machine gun, bring condoms.
Posted By: BMT Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If your dick takes you places you wouldn't go with a machine gun, bring condoms.

Instant Classic

Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Okay...

Once again you've prove that you're a fűuckin moron. You can stop now, even the most skeptical amongst us is convinced.

Originally Posted by BMT

Instant Classic

ROTFLMAO!
Posted By: add Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by Ringman
This reminded me to keep your steering wheels straight until you actually start moving forward.

Ever skid on ice?

Anyone have more to add?

Yes

RE: Life "mishaps" w/Ringman

Keep your life insurance premiums up - for the little lady.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
1. if the house smells of gas, don't test it with a match.

2. If the dog starts barking at something, there is probably something wrong.

3. If the cat starts furiously meowing at you, there is something wrong. As in she warned me of a gas smell last night smile
Posted By: BLG Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

A twist on an old Mickey Coleman quote?

I laughed

Clyde
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke. I got up and went to the back of the trailer house and discovered the water heater area was engulfed in flames. I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband. I got the kids out to one of the cars and counted them. Later my daughter told me they were counted by all four adults.

Some one called the fire department. While we were waiting the adults started carrying things out of the house hoping we could save somethings. Then I noticed the other adults were coughing. To my surprise none of them were bending over to stay below the smoke. The smoke was a heavy layer about four and a half feet above the floor.

Glad you guys got out.
Now the question--Why did the wife of the other guy wake you up and not her husband?

Another thing, I think it was last year, is a first responder pulled a woman from an car at a collision scene. She was so badly mutilated he didn't realize it was his own daughter. What happened is she was struck from behind knocking her car into the oncoming lane of highway traffic.

Anyone have more to add?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
This reminds me of a newspaper...

The Daily Provenance

whistle
Question--why did the other guys wife wake you up and not her husband?

Originally Posted by Wtxj

I noticed that too.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Don't make toast while taking a bath.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I noticed that too.

Having Ringman at your house is like having Chuck Norris, Superman and the Pope all rolled into one at your house, wouldn't you wake him up first too?
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

I noticed that too.

Having Ringman at your house is like having Chuck Norris, Superman and the Pope all rolled into one at your house, wouldn't you wake him up first too?

If I wanted something torn up, maybe.

Have you seen the amount of schidt all those guys can tear up? grin

Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

I noticed that too.

If I wanted something torn up, maybe.

I'm sure that's how he sees himself in his own mind, and its his story so.....
Posted By: T LEE Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by BMT

Instant Classic

ROTFLMAO!

AMEN that! Wit at its finest.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Good reminders RM.

This. Totally. Anyone that goes back into a fire for anything is beyond stupid.

If you inhale 2 good breathes of toxic smoke you are unconscious. IE you are dead unless damn lukcy that a fire figther finds you.

I was amazed at this statistic of 2 breaths while in fire school.

Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke....I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband.

More than I ever wanted to know.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by denton
Keep fire extinguishers in the house.

If you're going to an area where you think you might need a gun, don't go.

Have an emergency bag with enough food, medicine, flashlights, and such for three days.

Wear your seatbelts.

These are good, too. I really like #2. Thanks.

One time her husband came to visit. We had a large wood burning stove. We sat down near it and he put is feet up on the stove while we enjoyed shooting the breeze. In a few minutes he asked, "What is that I smell burning?" Another time he was visiting when I was gathering poles about fifteen feet long. He wanted to help me and the other guy. He went to the middle. On three we lifted. Almost immediatley the pole got really heavy and he called out "uag" and fell over. He straddled the pole!

The night of the fire, after he was outside he yanked off the skirting. With that action the flames roared up inside the house.
Posted By: mohick Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Prob just woke up whom ever was in bed next to her!! Whom ever husband it happend to be !!!!!

One time her husband came to visit. We had a large wood burning stove. We sat down near it and he put is feet up on the stove while we enjoyed shooting the breeze. In a few minutes he asked, "What is that I smell burning?" Another time he was visiting when I was gathering poles about fifteen feet long. He wanted to help me and the other guy. He went to the middle. On three we lifted. Almost immediatley the pole got really heavy and he called out "uag" and fell over. He straddled the pole!

The night of the fire, after he was outside he yanked off the skirting. With that action the flames roared up inside the house.

Ah, he is a congenital idiot; you should have simply said you were visiting family.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Holy Christ, you can't make that kind of stupid up.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

Ringman can and does quite often.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Did they save the TV? My TV is worth dying for...
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke....I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband.

More than I ever wanted to know.

Probably all in the same sack......
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

It ain't made up; he is all that and more.

Ok, so the husband of the friend is a dummy then.
This isn't a real story, is it?
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

Anyone have more to add?

Here's one for you: Once all the people have been accounted for YOU NEVER GO BACK INTO THE BURNING HOUSE! NEVER!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Especially a trailer. Those things go up in seconds.

Posted By: gregintenn Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Swingers are ya?

Bigbuck, you are such a good Christian, I can hardly believe your gentleness and kindness.
Originally Posted by westside_benny

Yes.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
Helps to shut the front door, if your house is on fire.

Posted By: Wyogal Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

OMG, its been awhile since I was in trailer park country. Forgot about that...

Trailers are tinderboxes. Nothing in a trailer nor house is worth dying for. Everything will be BADLY smoke damaged.
Thank God everybody survived.
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17

Yes.

Sooo, yes it isn't a real story? crazy
Posted By: bubbajay Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
was this the same guy that bounced your paychecks.........
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Safety things to act on - 02/21/17
This thread is full of win.
There's been some threads on the fire where I've learned some interesting stuff.

NEXT!
Posted By: SKane Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Ringman,

Have you ever considered an exorcism?
Posted By: mohick Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Hey ringy ! You ever figer out which woman woke you up ? who's wife it was , or was she even married to anyone there ? or just there to party and swing???????? Sounds like a pretty interesting evening, were drugs involved???
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
It sounds like you are making this up. And we all think you are. Put down the crack pipe and walk away.

Do you often visit a trailer park? Lady of the house? shocked
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Is he (Ringman) that ass hole Maser in disguise?
Posted By: Ringman Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Yes.

Sooo, yes it isn't a real story? crazy

The story is quite true. The characters are all real. Both couples are still married to the same person.

The idea of not going back into a burning house is a great suggestion. I will not do that again unless it is to save a person not a thing.
Originally Posted by bubbajay

No. But I did work for him once while unemployed. It was some of the most fun I ever had on a job. We went to the woods and cut down permitted dead trees for firewood. After limbing them we would buck them into eight foot length and carry them on a shoulder back to the truck. I was in the best shape of my life.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by bubbajay

No. But I did work for him once while unemployed. It was some of the most fun I ever had on a job. We went to the woods and cut down permitted dead trees for firewood. After limbing them we would buck them into eight foot length and carry them on a shoulder back to the truck. I was in the best shape of my life.

You were unemployed because the guy who bounced your paychecks - and your wife's paychecks because you were fool enough to get her hired by the same place that already didn't honor paying their employees... and then you went and worked for the same guy again?

Here's your sign.....
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17

Bigbuck, you are such a good Christian, I can hardly believe your gentleness and kindness.

Good Christian?

Is there a difference in what you call a good Christian and a bad Christian? Definition of both in the bible?
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by Wyogal
[quote=Steelhead]Holy Christ, you can't make that kind of stupid up.

OMG, its been awhile since I was in trailer park country. Forgot about that...

Trailers are tinderboxes. Nothing in a trailer nor house is worth dying for. Everything will be BADLY smoke damaged.
Thank God everybody survived. [/quote

1.5" framing does not hold up against heat very well.....
Posted By: ironbender Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17

Anyone have more to add?

Woke to the smell of smoke? Not the smoke alarm going off?

Any smoke alarms installed?
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by ironbender

Anyone have more to add?

Ain't no smoke alarms in the trailer park!
Posted By: jpb Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Ain't no smoke alarms in the trailer park!

Correct, but there may be a few alarms... heat sensitive though, not smoke alarms. wink

[Linked Image]

John

Good Christian?

Is there a difference in what you call a good Christian and a bad Christian? Definition of both in the bible?

I was being facetious. Do you appeal to the Bible because you believe It to be True? There are no bad Christians.

Anyone have more to add?

This happened in 1977. I never heard of them back then. Certainly the owner of the house would have had them if they existed. He was a fireman.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
This happened in 1977.

So you came here to troll about something that happened 40 years ago, as if it were a couple of days ago?

What was your point?

Attention?
He was a fireman.

He must be a slow learner as well... Allowing others to go back into a burning house, and not knowing that smoke at standing level would kill everyone.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Glory days ehh?

This happened in 1977. I never heard of them back then. Certainly the owner of the house would have had them if they existed. He was a fireman. [/quote]

Holy ( smile ) crap!

In my best John McEnroe..........
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!
The Daily Provenance
Lemmee see if I get this....

The lady of the house is married to a firefighter.

She wakes to the smell of smoke.

She wakes you rather than her FF husband?

OK, give the punchline now.

40 years ago, no less... crazy

Wonder any of them are still around.
Posted By: add Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17

40 years ago, no less... crazy

Wonder any of them are still around.

Let it go people...

Man, it was the 70's.

Simply "swingers", caught up in a moment of the times (and a simple trailer home fire).

[Linked Image]

Smoke detectors date back to pre 1900, the basis of the version we still use to this day since something like the late 1930's. Been a while since I was in fire school but I know damn well we had them growing up in 1978 as I set it off.....

Originally Posted By Ringman
This happened in 1977.

So you came here to troll about something that happened 40 years ago, as if it were a couple of days ago?

What was your point?

If you read the original post you would know the idea was to warn people about not standing up when they are in smoke and not to turn their steering wheels into oncoming traffic until they actually start to turn.

Someone had the good since to suggest no one go back into a burning house. I was hoping for .com friends to actually give helping advise along this line. It appears I was expecting too much from the children who habitually post here.

He was a fireman.

He must be a slow learner as well... Allowing others to go back into a burning house, and not knowing that smoke at standing level would kill everyone.

You sure are assuming something here. Her husband is a mining engineer. They were renting from a man who is a fireman. Does that help?

Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Smoke detectors date back to pre 1900, the basis of the version we still use to this day since something like the late 1930's. Been a while since I was in fire school but I know damn well we had them growing up in 1978 as I set it off.....

I had to smile about you setting off the smoke detector. It makes no difference when they were invented. I never heard of them at the time and the owner did not have them installed in that mobile.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
ironbender

Originally Posted By Ringman
This happened in 1977.

What was your point?

If you read the original post you would know the idea was to warn people about not standing up when they are in smoke and not to turn their steering wheels into oncoming traffic until they actually start to turn.

Someone had the good since to suggest no one go back into a burning house. I was hoping for .com friends to actually give helping advise along this line. It appears I was expecting too much from the children who habitually post here.

He was a fireman.

You sure are assuming something here. Her husband is a mining engineer. They were renting from a man who is a fireman. Does that help?

If you actually posted something worth people considering as good advice, most would listen. The problem is that the best you are good for is as example to the rest of what not to do, and you still haven't caught on to that.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Christians giving Christianity a bad name. We are our own worst enemy.

Any stories from 2017?
50 Shades of Safariman.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
Ringman, were you a Christian in 1977?
Posted By: bubbajay Re: Safety things to act on - 02/22/17
My dad taught metal works at a local High School. he had a kid that tried to use the shear on a piece of steel much to short to use a shear, kid lost part of his finger.

It was a big deal....when the powers that be asked what can be done to prevent this from happening again, my dad replied he would instruct the kids "do not put your fingers any where you wouldn't put your dick...."
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Ringman, were you a Christian in 1977?

Yes. I became a Christian about two weeks before I turned thirty on June 24, 1974. It was an instant and continuous change.
© 24hourcampfire