Home
Posted By: 4ager This leftist gets it - 02/21/17
Damned shame so many "conservatives" don't.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/opinions/dhs-kelly-memos-rodriguez-opinion/index.html
Posted By: CCCC Re: This leftist gets it - 02/21/17
Good piece. Thx.
Posted By: Redneck Re: This leftist gets it - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by 4ager
I read it differently - she's basically warning 'us' that the new immigration EO is too broad and gives too much authority/power to even local enforcement to get them outta here..

Keep in mind the writer's piece is on CNN - AND that she's some 'law professor' from YALE..

IMHO, she doesn't "get it" at all..
Posted By: 4ager Re: This leftist gets it - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 4ager
I read it differently - she's basically warning 'us' that the new immigration EO is too broad and gives too much authority/power to even local enforcement to get them outta here..

Keep in mind the writer's piece is on CNN - AND that she's some 'law professor' from YALE..

IMHO, she doesn't "get it" at all..

What she gets is that a wall is already being built; even before brick # 1 is laid.
I get that - but in her mind it's for the wrong reasons - and she's warning against it..

The last bit from the piece:

"But the Kelly memos and the executive orders they implement try to use law as a blunt tool for realizing the extreme positions on immigration at the heart of Donald Trump's campaign, building a forbidding wall around the country without so much as laying a brick."
Posted By: RickyD Re: This leftist gets it - 02/22/17
The last bit from the piece:

"But the Kelly memos and the executive orders they implement try to use law as a blunt tool for realizing the extreme positions on immigration at the heart of Donald Trump's campaign, building a forbidding wall around the country without so much as laying a brick."
Everytime I see the word extreme from a lieberal the only thing extreme is their braindead understanding of whatever topic is at hand. These "people" lack humanity, understanding, compassion, and decency. What good are they?
Posted By: boatammo Re: This leftist gets it - 02/22/17
They are not good for anything...
Posted By: 4ager Re: This leftist gets it - 02/22/17
I get that - but in her mind it's for the wrong reasons - and she's warning against it..

Agreed. However, she - unlike many "conservatives" - actually gets that the wall is being built right now and it has nothing to do with bricks or concrete.
© 24hourcampfire