Home
Posted By: MagMarc Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
To the hooked up guys around the commonwealth who's it gonna be from each side?

I don't like Ed in the primary but will be behind whoever the Republicans nominate.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
Gillespie vs Northam.

Stewart is running as a spoiler and that's all he is. Expect that same D-backed "L" [bleep] to run again.

Posted By: MagMarc Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by 4ager
Expect that same D-backed "L" [bleep] to run again.

I hope not, Sarvis is a joke that won't go away!
He won't go away as long as he can keep running. While he did not impact the last Governor's race, he damned sure was responsible for Warner keeping his seat against Gillespie.

As it is, Gillespie vs Northam in 2017 for the Governorship, and Wittman vs Kaine for Senate in 2018.

Bryce Reeves is a good one for the Rs for LtGov. I've not heard much about the D possibles yet, but the Rs have very strong candidates this time.

AG is important. The Rs have to knock Herring out of that slot.
Herring must go!
The Rs have done a piss-poor job (thank you, Cuccinelli and the GOPe Falwell bunch) of fielding candidates recently.

Obenshain is likely to run for AG again. Probably the best bet the Rs have there.

Gillespie is an uninspiring SOB, and a carpetbagger. He's fortunate that Northam, while a Virginian and a nice guy, is boring as Hell and looks/acts like Don Knotts.
The 2013 election pitted the biggest azzholes each side could find against each other. The bigger azzhole won.

I like Stewart in the primary, he has energy.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
How do you feel about Gillespie vs Northam ?
Originally Posted by MagMarc
The 2013 election pitted the biggest azzholes each side could find against each other. The bigger azzhole won.

I like Stewart in the primary, he has energy.

Stewart is a 360 degree revolving [bleep]. If the GOP wants Northam to win, Stewart is the way to get that.
Originally Posted by Raeford
How do you feel about Gillespie vs Northam ?

It's going to be close. Gillespie is a douche, and a carpetbagger, who inspires no one. Northam is Barney Fife, but a genuinely nice guy and a native Virginian.

Wittman would have smoked Northam, but Gillespie has too much pull within the GOPe and Wittman sees Kaine as vulnerable (rightly so).
MG is content to stay put for now I suppose?
Remember when we had real Southern Democrats in state politics, now it's march of the leftys.

Morgan for Senate! The few leftys in the 9th are demanding a town hall with him. If he has it I'm going to support him.
MG needs to stay put for a while, then run for Governor in 2021. He's not going to have the $$ to take out Warner in 2022, but Gillespie could after being Governor and MG slides in to RVA after that.
Remember when we had real Southern Democrats in state politics, now it's march of the leftys.

There are damned few conservative Ds left, and those that hang on in the GA have nowhere near the pull to run for the higher offices due to the leftists in VA Beach and NotVa.

Morgan for Senate! The few leftys in the 9th are demanding a town hall with him. If he has it I'm going to support him.

We'll tag team it. wink

We'll tag team it. wink

I thought you might like to go wink
I've spoken to Morgan on more than one occasion and he's one of us.
Posted By: byc Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
Once I sell and move I fear that Virginia will be lost forever. Worth noting I did all I could for the great Commonwealth!!

I do, however promise to sell my house only to a Trump supporter!! wink
Originally Posted by byc
Once I sell and move I fear that Virginia will be lost forever. Worth noting I did all I could for the great Commonwealth!!

You need to stay, NOVA needs all the good guys it can get!
Originally Posted by byc

How about if we secede: Commonwealth of Southwest Virginia.
Some pretty places to move to down this way. wink
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
I think Wittman has a bright future.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
I'm afraid VA has already lost to the lefty's and carpetbaggers in Nova and Tidewater. Just too damn many of em. I will really be surprised if another Republican can win a statewide race again and it looks to me like it is just a matter of time before they take over the Gen Assembly too. Son has 2-3 years left in college and the wife and I are moving south. Looking at NC, TN, or SC right now.
Laura Ingram is running for a congressional seat in northern Virginia. We certainly know what "Issac" will be doing....

Doc
Posted By: byc Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
Yup and I would support either…..but go Ingraham!!

Former presidential candidate Carly Fiorina and radio host Laura Ingraham are polling dead even in the Virginia Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac poll released Friday.

The two would face off in a Republican Primary before challenging Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, who recently concluded his bid for vice president under Hillary Clinton. Both Fiorina and Ingraham are polling at 36 percent in a head-to-head against Kaine.

Kaine fared better over Fiorina, earning 57 percent compared to her 36 percent, one percent better than he fared against Ingraham. Kaine earned 56 percent against the conservative host.

Neither woman was able to secure the women vote, each trailed Kaine by 23 percent.

“There is a certain similarity to how Virginia voters see Republican officials and potential GOP candidates these days. As was evident in the Quinnipiac University poll earlier this week that showed the Democratic candidates for governor were running better than their Republican counterparts, the same pattern holds true for President Donald Trump’s job approval and for an early look at Sen. Tim Kaine’s reelection prospects,” Assistant Director of the poll Peter A. Brown wrote in a statement.

Kaine benefits from a relatively high approval rating. Fifty-seven percent of all voters support Kaine’s record in the Senate, and 37 percent disapprove. Ingraham only earned a 27 percent approval rating, and Fiorina was slightly higher with a 32 percent approval rating.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/17/ingraham-fiorina-polling-even-in-va-senate-race/#ixzz4ZT15hBz8
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
let's see.. Fiorina, Ingraham, Kaine..... I count three women there, right?
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/22/17
I can't believe that anyone is still listening to those fricking polls! Didn't anybody learn anything from the last election? Nobody asked me or anyone I know, what we thought or who we were voting for then, and look what happened. I have no faith at all in that garbage! Maybe the media should just call Larry Sabato and his group of geniuses at UVA, no doubt he'll be able to predict the winner! Give me a break! November is a long way off.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/23/17
Yeah, I got nothing against Sabato, but he missed by a mile on 2016 pres. election and a few others.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/23/17
Fiorina, Ingraham, Kaine...

Good grief.... how about an actual VIRGINIAN running for Senate? Or, Governor?

Damned carpetbaggers.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/23/17

Damned carpetbaggers.

+1
Don't forget Warner
There are too many capable Virginian's to go full scale carpetbagger every election.

Damned carpetbaggers.

+1
Don't forget Warner
There are too many capable Virginian's to go full scale carpetbagger every election.

Warner is up again in 2020. Deal with what is ahead of us, first, but yes I agree.

The problem with Warner is he is stupid wealthy, and was long before going politician, so he can bankroll any campaign he wants. And, he is so damned low profile that it's hard for anyone to get traction against him. The best chance to knock him out was the last cycle, and Sarvis screwed that up.

Just FYI - Warner is the D Vice-Chair in the Senate. Meaning he (and Fauxcahontas) are moving up those ranks. Hilariously, the D Senate page lists him as Senator from MI, not VA.

https://democrats.senate.gov/leadership/#.WK7O_DM8KEc
good luck in VA. The state seems doomed to stay a blue state.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

The General Assembly damned sure isn't, and the state GOP is to thank for the current Governor and LtGov. They screwed that pooch, hard.
MI can have him, that's closer to home for him anyway wink
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: Virginia's governor race. - 02/23/17

Take out northern VA and Tidewater with their large population centers and VA is pretty dang conservative.
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

Take out northern VA and Tidewater with their large population centers and VA is pretty dang conservative.

my family has been in the SW Virginia mountains for over 200 years. I visit often.
VA has the same issues that Florida, NY, Il and other states have, in that the cities are heavily liberal, and the countryside conservative. The entire state is held hostage by liberal population centers.
The mass migration of liberals are screwing up a lot of places.
That is why Trump's plans to rebuild the military, and especially the Navy, are YUGE for VA. Combine that with ending the war on coal, and there are a lot of D votes that shift back to the R category.

my family has been in the SW Virginia mountains for over 200 years. I visit often.
VA has the same issues that Florida, NY, Il and other states have, in that the cities are heavily liberal, and the countryside conservative. The entire state is held hostage by liberal population centers.

Good point. IMO, the next Governors race will be very important. Another Democrat Gov, Lt Gov, and Atty Gen may spell doom for the state. I truly don't see a Republican winning another statewide office at this time. I hope and pray I am wrong.

What part of SW Va is your family from?

Good point. IMO, the next Governors race will be very important. Another Democrat Gov, Lt Gov, and Atty Gen may spell doom for the state. I truly don't see a Republican winning another statewide office at this time. I hope and pray I am wrong.

Gillespie is a poor candidate for the Rs, but he secured the power base within the VAGOP. Remember, those are the same jackasses that switched from primary to caucus in order to run Cuccinelli (and lose) rather than Bill Bolling (who the Ds weren't even going to challenge).

Northam is a weak candidate for the Ds, though, so it will be an "interesting" race.

Gillespie is a poor candidate for the Rs, but he secured the power base within the VAGOP. Remember, those are the same jackasses that switched from primary to caucus in order to run Cuccinelli (and lose) rather than Bill Bolling (who the Ds weren't even going to challenge).

Northam is a weak candidate for the Ds, though, so it will be an "interesting" race.

Northam is pretty bad, so I know there is a bit of hope. It would have been nice to have seen Bolling as Governor.
Bolling was polling at nearly 70%. SEVENTY!

Northam is a nice guy, but he's a weak candidate.
© 24hourcampfire