Home
Mom Asks Sam's Club for a Cross on a Cake. The Response Has Her Doing a Double-Take at Their Catalog

[Linked Image]

Brandi Dypka wasn't looking for anything outrageous or unusual. She just wanted a cake befitting her son's dedication at church.

Screenshot/WJBK News
As WJBK News reports, Brandi visited the Sam's Club in Southgate, Michigan, to order a celebratory cake for her son Drake. All she wanted were the words “God Bless Drake” and a cross made of frosting.

But when Brandi described the design to the Sam's Club employee, she got a blanket refusal to add the cross. Brandi told WJBK:

"She said, 'I'm sorry we can't do that.'

I said, 'Is there a reason?'

And she said, 'Yeah we just don't do the religious crosses on the cakes. We don't pipe them."

Brandi was understandably concerned. Not only had she ordered the same design before (and from the same store), but the catalog of Sam's Club cakes included one with a silver cross. Yet when she tried to amend her order to get that same silver cross, she met with another refusal.

Frustrated, Brandi tried contacting the corporate office for help. But rather than apologize or explain, the email from corporate suggested they weren't interested in getting involved. She told WJBK their email included the line:

“If you don't like the cake, don't purchase it.”

Determined to get the cake she wanted, Brandi went back to store management and they reluctantly gave in:

“I don't know if it's because I was so aggressive about it. [I said], 'Here's the emails and here's the pictures.' And he said, 'Ok we'll go ahead and do it.' And the woman's like 'What color do you want?'”

A Sam's Club spokeswoman agreed that Brandi received poor customer service from her local store and said she wants to make it up to the mom. The company also released a written statement to WJBK:

This should have never happened and we have reached out to apologize to Ms. Dypka. We're proud to offer a number of cake options, including inspirational cakes with crosses. In this case, we could have done a much better job of communicating with the member about how to fulfill her specific request. We're grateful she allowed us the opportunity to provide a cake she ordered in time for her son's celebration.

Though she acknowledges the apology, Brandi isn't sure she's willing to give Sam's Club another chance. She told WJBK:

“I don't know that I want to go back and support a business like that. I'd rather support local businesses.”

Based on what I read in the news, cake and idiots seem to go together.

Dave
Let them eat cake.....
Life was so much easier when wimmen knew how to bake a f'n cake...
Let them eat cock
Yeah. Let the SOB's eat some cock
Why would anyone piss off someone making food for them in an out of sight venue?

Who likes spit in their cake?
Originally Posted by deflave
Based on what I read in the news, cake and idiots seem to go together.

Dave

This.
Originally Posted by RWE
Life was so much easier when wimmen knew how to bake a f'n cake...

And this.
Tell me how Sam's refusing to make a religious cake is different from refusing to make a gay cake?
How about a big t? As long as it doen't become obscene or insulting, or require a decorator to feel like their skill causes them to be involved (a queer asking for a cake is different than asking for input on designing it), make a pentagram, swastika, confederate flat, or moon
Originally Posted by kennyd
How about a big t? As long as it doen't become obscene or insulting, or require a decorator to feel like their skill causes them to be involved (a queer asking for a cake is different than asking for input on designing it), make a pentagram, swastika, confederate flat, or moon

I thought the same thing

We're going to have to decide though

do we support bakeries that refuse to make cakes based on whatever reasons or not?

You can't say a bakery has the right to refuse some lesbo's cake and then demand that Sams (whothephug wants a Sam's cake anyway?) put a cross on it.

I say let the free market decide Sam's cake policy.
Whats wrong with a sams cake? Cakes cake.
Religion is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions.
Originally Posted by KFWA

I thought the same thing

do we support bakeries that refuse to make cakes based on whatever reasons or not?

You can't say a bakery has the right to refuse some lesbo's cake and then demand that Sams (whothephug wants a Sam's cake anyway?) put a cross on it.

I have a constitutional right to deem all of them morons.

Dave
Taking "In God we trust" off money is coming next, mark my words.
I too find it disturbing that the lady wouldn't make her son a cake. The world is truly going to chit. I suppose she buys vegetable and cheese trays too?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I too find it disturbing that the lady wouldn't make her son a cake. The world is truly going to chit. I suppose she buys vegetable and cheese trays too?

I draw the line at Guacamole in the plastic tub. laugh
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Why would anyone piss off someone making food for them in an out of sight venue?

Or worse. sick

L.W.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Or worse. sick

L.W.

Originally Posted by KFWA

I thought the same thing

I agree with let the market decide,but I thought it was already mandated that queers get cake,and now it seems Christians don't.
The problem was she didn't request a picture of Mohammad.
That's fine by me.
I'd find another baker. I wouldn't want to force some passive-aggressive f a g to bake my cake. However, it is fun to ask them and watch them burn like a vampire doused in holy water. grin
It sounds like a poor decision by one individual, not a Sams Club policy.

It should have never been on there in the 1st place. E Plurbis Unum was on our money and out nations motto for almost 200 years. The phrase "in God we trust" was placed on money for purely political reasons. Certainly not to praise God.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Tell me how Sam's refusing to make a religious cake is different from refusing to make a gay cake?

Really good question.

Maybe 4auger will take the case?
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Not in the next 8 years.
Jesus nor any part off scripture mentions or indicates that a Cross symbolises christianity.
scripture doesnt anywhere state than he was even nailed to a cross. ..a 'stake' or 'tree' is not a cross.

Greek stau·rosʹ means upright pale or stake, Greek xyʹlon, means stake , club , tree.

Emperor Constantine became a convert to apostate Christianity and then began to promote the cross
as its symbol.

So why the silly obsession that christians have with the pagan derived X symbol.
Originally Posted by Starman
Jesus nor any part off scripture mentions or indicates that a Cross symbolises christianity.
scripture doesnt anywhere state than he was even nailed to a cross. ..a 'stake' or 'tree' is not a cross.

Emperor Constantine became a convert to apostate Christianity and then began to promote the cross as its symbol.

So why the silly obsession that christians have with the X symbol.

I don't think you would understand,but that has nothing to do with refusing a simple request simply because you don't agree with the religion.
I understand you have adopted a symbol derived from paganism,
that was not due to instruction from Jesus or acknowledgement from Jesus,
but just a converting power control hungry emperor centuries later.

What ever bizarre kooky link you make with Jesus and a cross is not derived from the will
or instruction of Jesus or his father...and not from scripture.

Its irrelevant to Jesus, just as the stupid catholic statues of Mary and Joseph are irrelevant
to Christ.

.. that has nothing to do with refusing a simple request simply because you don't agree with the religion.

Did the employee actually say they don't like religions or christians?....or did she just refuse to do a cross?
There are so many Chaldean bakeries around me, they would be upset if you DIDNT get a cross on your cake.

Hasn't the legal precedent already be established at the Supreme Court that bakers cannot refuse to bake a cake based on personal disapproval of the symbols requested to be on it? Total BS ruling, but if it's a ruling, it should apply universally, not just for homos.
Brandi sounds like a fugking idiot.

Dave
Originally Posted by rost495
Whats wrong with a sams cake?

Nothing.

If you're homeless.

Dave

Tell me how in the fugk anybody is supposed to give a fugk about any of it?

Dave

Just another lazy kghunt.

Dave

Nothing.

If you're homeless.

Dave

Bah! You are thinking of DQ cakes.

Dave

It's easy when you don't drink too much.

Dave

It's easy when you don't drink too much.

Well feel free to explain it, Captain Sober.

Clark

Just another lazy kghunt.

Dave

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!
problem solved, EAT PIE!
I am just about the worst father a person could not hope for, and even I have taken the time to learn how to bake a cake for my alleged kid's birthday's.

Travis
Originally Posted by deerstalker
problem solved, EAT PIE!

And remember, like Sitka said, be nice, you never know what someone might do.
[Linked Image]
As RWE, Mtboomer, and Travis have touched on, Ms. Dypka's angst is about the guilt she feels for not baking the cake herself. It's masked by all this other BS.
Can you imagine the pathetic san'wiches?
Originally Posted by kingston
As RWE, Mtboomer, and Travis have touched on, Ms. Dypka's angst is about the guilt she feels for not baking the cake herself. It's masked by all this other BS.

Not to mention.... What does a NORMAL person do when some $7.50 an hour foot dragger says they "won't do that" to a customer?

A NORMAL person replies, "Gityourfugkin'boss."

This stupid lazy kghunt goes home and sends an e-mail to corporate fugking' headquarters.

Give me a fugkin' break.

Dave

Not to mention.... What does a NORMAL person do when some $7.50 an hour foot dragger says they "won't do that" to a customer?

A NORMAL person replies, "Gityourfugkin'boss."

This stupid lazy kghunt goes home and sends an e-mail to corporate fugking' headquarters.

Give me a fugkin' break.

Dave

Exactly, because no one at the store could solve her problem, not that anyone at corporate could either. Going home and writing an email to a distant faceless corporate customer service department was the best way to "kick the can down the road", maximizing postponement of her confrontation with the guilt.
Originally Posted by P_Weed

How did you become the religious authority?
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by P_Weed

How did you become the religious authority?

How did you become retarded?

Residency aside...

Dave

Exactly, because no one at the store could solve her problem, not that anyone at corporate could either. Going home and writing an email to a distant faceless corporate customer service department was the best way to "kick the can down the road", maximizing postponement of her confrontation with the guilt.

People crack me up.

I WANT A CHRIST CAKE!!! SOMEBODY GIVE ME A CHRIST CAKE!!!!

I TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!! SOMEBODY GIVE ME AN ASS FUGKCER CAKE EATER GUY CAKE!!

I LIKE THE PISSSSSS!!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF PISSSS!!! SO BEFORE I ORDER THIS CAKE, I WANT YOU TO KNOW, AND THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW, I GET PISSSED ON BY MY GUY-FRIEND.

So please make me a cake...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The "IED of Millenial's" as it were.

Same for the f a g s that needed a cake.

Dave
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All offensive.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The most offensive of those cakes is the groom without a head.

Dave
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nothing.

If you're homeless.

Dave

Depends on the time of the day. Cake is cake.

Depends on the time of the day. Cake is cake.

No.

It's not.

It's really, just...not.

Dave
Tell your wives to start making cakes from scratch.

WAY better than any box cake, cheaper than a store cake.

Greek stau·rosʹ means upright pale or stake, Greek xyʹlon, means stake , club , tree.

Emperor Constantine became a convert to apostate Christianity and then began to promote the cross
as its symbol.

So why the silly obsession that christians have with the pagan derived X symbol.

Of course you know better than a Roman what Roman's nailed criminals to. laugh LOL!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not in the next 8 years.

I predict that in the next 8 years with Trump in charge, that the economy will be so good, that we will have a new $500 bill with The Donald's picture on it! cool
well thank God's mom that some people aren't afraid to express their faith

[Linked Image]
Stores are stores> Don't like the fuggin service go someplace and S T F U don't go national berserk over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're dumb
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BarryC

as its symbol.

Of course you know better than a Roman what Roman's nailed criminals to. laugh LOL!

He knows better than anyone what everyone should put on cake but like the stupid person in OP can't make a cake.
and even I have taken the time to learn how to bake a cake for my alleged kid's birthday's.

Travis

Two!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by deerstalker
problem solved, EAT PIE!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]