Home
My city made the list did yours?

10 Greatest Places to Live for under $40K
Hell of a way to ruin some good places...except Cleveland, that is.
Ha right
My house
BTW - Bristol and the entire area around it sucks. No one move there, or anywhere close. Ever. Stay north of the Potomac.
Eugene. Great? Sure. Yeah yeah - that's the ticket...
Dan--it didn't say anything about those nice whitetail you hunt. Are you hiding that fact?
Nope we aren't on it. But we should be. Hard pressed to make 40K a year here...
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Dan--it didn't say anything about those nice whitetail you hunt. Are you hiding that fact?

Not hiding. Just not sharing. grin
Are you kidding 40K? The average price of a home here (Santa Cruz County CA) is around 500K, maybe higher!

Try making those house payments on 40K per year.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I have the freedom to carry in my city and can be in and out of any of the local gun shops with a new purchase in about 10 minutes flat. Can you in yours? grin
Originally Posted by jds44

I have the freedom to carry in my city and can be in and out of any of the local gun shops with a new purchase in about 10 minutes flat. Can you in yours? grin

Yep.
Surprised Detroit didn't make the list laugh
I see Boise isn't on that list any more, it used to show up on them all the time just a short while ago. Being on a "10 best places to live" list is the surest way I know of to be disqualified for one of those lists in just a few years.
You could do it in my town. We don't make lists though.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I too call BS on Eugene. Oregon is one of the worst states in which to retire, how can Eugene make the list of best cities on a budget?

Plus, the city council is in the process of voting Eugene to be a sanctuary city.

Eff 'em, I say.

P

Long gun yes pistol no,Purchase pistol go downtown to county clerk have it added to your pistol permit then go back to dealer and pick up pistol
Didn't you fellas see who composed and posted the list? The leftist AARP. Of course they think liberal lefty lands are great...Eugene OR being one example.
There is no good city to retire in. The more i travel the U.S. the more i like North Dakota. Six months of the year anyway. ED K
AARP list. AARP blows, extremely left leaning organization.
That's one of those lists I wouldn't want to be on. It's like a bad advertisement. A bunch of folks will see it, think its great, move there and want to change it. Phugg it up for everybody who used to call it home.

10 Greatest Places to Live for under $40K

Ha. I don't know how they figure. If I have to live on a $40,000 budget I am not going to pick somewhere where I drop a quarter of that on property taxes.

Can't be done in Eugene.

ever since I can recall.
Im gonna print that list out and frame it.

In my mind....best place to live and city is an oxymoron.

I live up in the woods at the end of the road in a shack overlooking the river on half that amount and couldn't be happier.

I get about 20k a year from SS and haven't touched a dime of my 401K since I started about five years ago.
Debt free is the key.
Originally Posted by BMT

Can't be done in Eugene.

Shusshhhh... I am trying to get folks from west central MT to move there! It has awesome tattoo&piercing parlors and it's only two hours from Portland's gay bath house scene!
I seen Cheyenne on the list, you could spent 40k on shingles and snow fence living there.........
Some f these might ok, some are liberal hell holes promoted by AARP.
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I seen Cheyenne on the list, you could spent 40k on shingles and snow fence living there.........

Yeah, I think that one is mis-listed. Can't see those numbers working out.
Originally Posted by BMT

Can't be done in Eugene.

You could probably live on $40k if your house was paid for, your cars were paid for, and you had absolutely no other debt. Otherwise, fat chance.
You can live in many places throughout the US if you have all your mortgages paid off and no car payments.
Cheyenne, WY? Eugene, OR? Really? What were they smoking?

Aren't the real estate taxes alone in Rochester close to $40K? laugh
© 24hourcampfire