Home
The other thread about "no pictures in a for sale ad" got me riled up about another pet peeve. Why don't people have their location posted in their profile or put it in the ad? Is it just ignorance on not having it set in the profile section? If it's anything else, that's just stupid and pisses me off. If you think not doing it gives you some sense of privacy, get real with yourself.

EDIT - topic only applies to classifieds
I do it to piss people off. It's never not funny.
[Linked Image]
So people can't figure out who they are for one. Also to hide that some have more than one log in or are on their 3rd or 4th name.
Why at least a STATE would be handy in your profile:

"Need a gunsmith nearby - quick! I've got a hunt next week!!"

....and no location in profile, nor do they bother to reply for four days WHERE THE HELL THEY ARE LOCATED.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I thought it was to keep us canucks from freeloading if we came down there. grin
Maybe some bitches can get together and form the internet equivalent of an HOA.
For sure ought to have a location if you're trying to sell something. Lots of things that I might be interested in if I knew FTF was a possibility.
Because if I think you have a need to know, I will tell you. Otherwise, the clue is there, if you're smart enough or close enough to figure it out. Otherwise, suck it up....
Originally Posted by sawbuck

laugh

If anyone wants to know my location, they can ask me. I've mentioned it several times, but it's not the folks here I want to keep it semi-private. It's the other criminals that prowl the internet that I don't care to disclose everything to.
Because I hate to admit I live in Oregon
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

That was obvious.
I charge extra for FTF
Originally Posted by Partsman

I thought it was to keep us canucks from freeloading if we came down there. grin

You know I love you goofy Canucks.
I don't want anybody to know what my real name is or where I live.

Signed,
Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

laugh

If anyone wants to know my location, they can ask me. I've mentioned it several times, but it's not the folks here I want to keep it semi-private. It's the other criminals that prowl the internet that I don't care to disclose everything to.

Yep, just ask...I mention it all the time.
If all the hot woman on this board knew exactly where live, they would be lined up for miles throwing their panty's at me. What would the neighbors think?
I lied about mine just to mess with NSA....people from CA or OR don't want anyone to know for the obvious reasons.
Originally Posted by cotis
The other thread about "no pictures in a for sale ad" got me riled up about another pet peeve. Why don't people have their location posted in their profile or put it in the ad? Is it just ignorance on not having it set in the profile section? If it's anything else, that's just stupid and pisses me off. If you think not doing it gives you some sense of privacy, get real with yourself.

The OPs of both of these threads are whiny little bïtches.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I don't want anybody to know what my real name is or where I live.

Signed,
Jim in Idaho

[Linked Image]
Why don't people have their location posted in their profile or put it in the ad? Is it just ignorance on not having it set in the profile section? If it's anything else, that's just stupid and pisses me off. If you think not doing it gives you some sense of privacy, get real with yourself.

*It DOES provide a level of privacy..............many folks here can't comprehend basic thread content. I doubt they can locate anyone other than maybe their pre-teen kids. Maybe.

*Now that I know at least one guy here actually gets pissed off by this, I have TWO reasons. Thank you.

*Starting a thread about this THEN inviting us to "get real" is the second funniest thing I've read today. Congratulations.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Why at least a STATE would be handy in your profile:

"Need a gunsmith nearby - quick! I've got a hunt next week!!"

....and no location in profile, nor do they bother to reply for four days WHERE THE HELL THEY ARE LOCATED.

All the best gunsmiths are in Grants Pass, Oregon.
I'm ashamed to be in the same state as Memphis?
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm ashamed to be in the same state as Memphis?

Hell, I hate Memphis more than anybody but if I am selling something at least they know where it's at.
Originally Posted by Partsman

Dammit, you figured it out...... wink

Cant blame you for that! eek
Ya i live in North Dakota and do not want any Canucks finding my place.Oh crap now i went and done it. ED K
Originally Posted by jnyork

Cant blame you for that! eek

I have a five year exit plan.
Why would anybody care where a seller is from?

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

You mean "riled up" and "pissed off."

Apparently this has become a real issue.........
I put Western in my profile because I'm from Colorado and wouldn't want anyone to think I lived on 'that' side of the divide.
I put upstate in my location because everyone from up here wants to make it clear that we're not from the f'ing city.
I put exactly where I'm at, suits me just fine.
pisses me off.

Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on! Why do you care where I live when I don't care.
Not sure.
For 14 years my handle was "AlabamaEd" and people still couldn't figure out where I lived, so I moved to Missouri, otherwise known as "nowhere ".
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

laugh

I thought it was because you only wanted me to know where your bass lake was. frown
OP. Nunya.
Of all the opportunities to gripe and this one gets 4 pages worth???

I need a gun part, if you have one thanks in advance.

What bait/lure do I need to catch the fish I want to catch??

I shot two bullets through the same hole and one 2" left, what's wrong with my scope??

Is Obama a moron, muslim, Kenyan........same answer to Is the 270 a gay cartridge!!!!!

Muffin - OUT.

1 mi S of Crackertown, 4 mi NW of the power Plant, 11 mi NNW of Crystal River, 22 mi W of Dunellon, SE of Waccasassa Bay...

Cheers!
I use a general location as there just ain't too many people in this world who know where Animas is--and they're all thinking of the one in Colorado. grin
because if you can't figure out where SE Iowa is you are to stupid to drive in this state
In my case it's CIA policy.

I've been homeless since June 9, 2016 and lived in four states. Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and now California.

I've got a RCBS Rockchucker for sale in the classifieds and I figger if somebody wants to buy it and get a quote on shipping ... just ask me.

I hope that isn't too difficult but if pisses you off ... well OK then. GFY grin

BTW, I listed it with a nice pic. smile
I'm not totally paranoid but I'd rather not volunteer endless amounts of personal information on the web.

Besides, I live such an exciting life I don't need the paparazzi hanging around.

I hope I'm in compliance now.
Some of ya'll get riled up about the dumbest [bleep] that really doesn't matter
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

how else do you know when to start a call out thread...on the FREE classifieds.....
its been FOUR EFFING DAYS.....
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I put Western in my profile because I'm from Colorado and wouldn't want anyone to think I lived on 'that' side of the divide.

Elitist.
Originally Posted by blanket
because if you can't figure out where SE Iowa is you are to stupid to drive in this state

Unless, of course someone is from Cedar Rapids. Then they would probably say that Lyle, MN was in SE Iowa, and when called on it, they would say "It's because of the river". wink
This is too easy.....🤓
This is too easy.....🤓

What,....talking to / amswering yourself ?

GTC
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Some of ya'll get riled up about the dumbest [bleep] that really doesn't matter

I just fell into a fit of blinding rage, reading this.

....you take that back, ...RIGHT NOW !

GTC
Calm down!
I did it just so retards could assume things about me
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Calm down!

How come no one ever calms up?

Can someone ask Gus?
I calmed sideways once,....bad idea,....there's DITCHES over there on both sides.

Don't you ever DARE tell me to calm down again, ya' hear ?

GTC
laugh
"Whachu talkin' 'bout, Willis"?

God forbid - anyone looking for me can't find me! smile
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

I hope I'm in compliance now.

ROFL! laugh
I just KNEW there was a reason I waded this far into this stupid thread. Thanks!

24 hr..........

slowly taken over by a bunch of whiny girls...................

led by coitus

go coitus yerself

thanks
I don't actually reside in Alamosa anymore.
Alamosa translated means cottonwood tree.
I don't live there either.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Calm down!

Serenity now ... Serenity now ... Serenity now.

Phook it. I'm pissed off. mad
I aint scared! The d@&%$d government already knows where I live! mad memtb
I knew an itinerant carpenter that did all of his work for cash under the table. He did really great work and know folks all over the country so he was never out of work. Never paid any taxes either. I asked him once if he wasn't skeered the government would track him down about that and he said he knew absolutely he was off the grid since he never received any junk mail of any kind.

I thought about that and figured that was about as sure fire a way as any to know that your whereabouts were officially unknown. wink
That you live in a city of almost 3/4 of a million people and then proclaim there is no anonymity, is quite funny.

A picture of a rifle with a Green Horse barn with a red roof in the background is likely easy to find in a town of 111.

Conversely, a photo of a rifle with a pool and a pool house with a black shingle roof in a city of 750,000 gets a little harder to pinpoint.

If I post my town, you'd have to post your exact street address for us to be at the same level of anonymity.

I would, but then there would be that witness protection program thing to deal with...

Unless you're buying what their selling what does it matter.
Homeless.....
Originally Posted by fish head
Calm down!

Serenity now ... Serenity now ... Serenity now.

Phook it. I'm pissed off. mad

It's calm down and clam up.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Unless you're buying what their selling what does it matter.

Exactly.

If/when there's a sale, you'll be exchanging a lot more information than when shows up in the profile.

This is too easy.....🤓

Then why start the thread?
Because I'm Jeff-O
...and I'm still lost on my 5 acres.
Naw, he's got a trail of blue tape hanging from the trees to lead him home by supper.
Im old. I don't know where I'm at.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Naw, he's got a trail of blue tape hanging from the trees to lead him home by supper.

If he could only remember what color ribbon he used. crazy
EVERYONE knows JellO loves blue tape.
I like yellow tape.

It's waay more serene.

It's just like a smiley face. >>> smile
Originally Posted by hanco
Im old. I don't know where I'm at.

I can't remember where I've been either.
Well, I'm either at;

-32.706717, 95.100589

or

-61.18305, 149.733778

or not. grin

Ed
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I knew an itinerant carpenter that did all of his work for cash under the table....

Man!! Did you mis-spell internet....bigly!! laugh
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Well, I'm either at;

-32.706717, 95.100589

or

-61.18305, 149.733778

or not. grin

Ed

Can you get there from here?
We want that in UTM Coordinates
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Well, I'm either at;
-32.706717, 95.100589
or
-61.18305, 149.733778
or not. grin Ed

Can you get there from here?

I'm already here... grin

YOU, on the other hand, can certainly get here from there. One place will just take you a little longer from California, or wherever you're lurking these days. laugh
Originally Posted by bea175
We want that in UTM Coordinates

"We" can just convert them here;

LINK

laugh

Ed
So the trolls cannot find me---
You all know where the wild horse saloon is next to the George Jones museum on 2cnd ave off of Rt 70 in Nashville?
Calm down!

Can someone ask Gus?

They can damn sure 'spool' up! grin
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I put upstate in my location because everyone from up here wants to make it clear that we're not from the f'ing city.
If your from T.L. you know where River Ridge is LOL
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I did it just so retards could assume things about me

Ha! That made me laugh and it's entirely too true!
If you log into the fire then a little IP tracing will find you. Besides the NSA,CIA,and FBI have recording of every post on here. Once on the net you are no longer hidden.
© 24hourcampfire