Home
Posted By: krp To be young again... - 04/06/17
I was frying crappie we had caught a few weeks ago. Mia wanted to practice her casting, pretending she was on the boat catching more... ahhh, to be so young again, I remember that age... dreaming of digging worms and a creek.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Good times Kent, those are the Golden Years IMHO.

Nice job on the table fare as well.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Excellent!

Youth isn't always wasted on the young. Stuff like this is rejuvenating to us old farts. smile
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Thanks for the pictures, Kent. My nine YO Grandson will graduate from perch in a stock tank to crappie in the lake in a week or so when they are due to start biting in the lake I fish.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Great pictures. Reminds me of when I was a kid I would put out "targets" and try to hit them with the practice plug that came with my Zebco 33 combo. Then came the flyrod. Good times!

Bob
Posted By: hanco Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
[Linked Image]

Granddaughter with first pig. Good days
Posted By: wabigoon Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Good going men! We seem to each have a role to play. When we were young, we had that role, now we play the one the "old' folks played back then.
Posted By: smokepole Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Awesome photos, those will be great to pull out in about 10 years.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Viewing your post's a fine way to start a day, Kent !

Gotta' order up a new camera battery I guess,....or I'd pop one of the sizable covey of Gambel's grazing out front,....calm here right now, but forecast to be another "breezy" day.

Cheers, Amigo !

GTC
Posted By: MarkinGA Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Those Crappie will be some fine eating. The pics are priceless!!! Thanks for sharing.

Mark in GA
Posted By: benchman Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Wonderful stuff!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
she is just beautiful Kent. Being her grandpa is a special job. smile
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
There is something special about little girls that allow older guys to pal around with them. One of the delights of my life is when the 11year old now great granddaughter comes over. She actually asks to spend time with us.
As to that picture on the patio, krp is making us drool over that fish. I am on the other side of the valley and i can feel it calling me. I need to get adopted I think.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Best post of the day ! smile
Posted By: Armednfree Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Man I could smash a whole platter of fried crappie and bluegill right now. Dust it with black pepper and just smash it.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
one of the draws of the rondy at quemato and at lake roosevelt is kent's cooking. Nothing like sitting around a campfire with that danged fish of his and eating till you are about half sick, it's that good.
Posted By: g5m Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Beautiful family, Kent.

Your daughter may catch some gravel, or worse yet, SAND sharks out there!
Posted By: ironbender Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
that pretty little girl is growing up fast, grampy!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Great post and pictures.
Posted By: 1minute Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Envious!

For some reason a bunch of old coots lawn casting at spey clave does not elicit the same response.

Good for you,
Posted By: local_dirt Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Kent, those are some awesome pics. Grandpa is obviously smitten. grin
Posted By: krp Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
When camping Mia wanted to get up early so just her and I could go fishing before breakfast. First cast she caught a bass, then crappie and then this bass. She was catching them so fast I didn't have time for pictures but did get a little video.

The reel is new above, has a lever which is easier for her to cast. I asked her if she liked it and she said, no, I love it.

She's a little motor mouth when catching fish... and competitive, out fished me as I didn't fish much taking her's off... rubbed it in on the boat ride back...

Posted By: rong Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
That's fantastic.
Posted By: hanco Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Nothing like granddaughters!!!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: To be young again... - 04/06/17
Little angels there krp and hanco. Reminds me of my little sisters a long time ago. I was the oldest and had four girls follow.
© 24hourcampfire