Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Will It Pass? New Texas Law - 04/19/17
On Constitutional Carry.

Clears committee.

Texas is behind the curve on pro-gun status. They always have been.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A proposal allowing Texans to openly carry handguns without permits is eligible for a Texas House floor vote.

A House committee Tuesday approved the bill by Republican Rep. James White of Hillister. Backers of the 2nd Amendment call the issue "constitutional carry."

The committee passed a modified version of White's proposal, which would have allowed virtually any Texan 18 or older to openly carry handguns.

It now mandates guns be holstered. Those carrying without licenses also still must meet some requirements for obtaining licenses, including being at least 21 and without prior felony convictions.

Last session, Texas approved open carry of handguns, but only for Texans with concealed carry licenses.

There appeared to be little support for further relaxing gun laws, which could yet make White's bill a tough sell.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/te...ng-unlicensed-carry-of-guns-11081819.php
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Will It Pass? New Texas Law - 04/19/17
I'd be surprised, happily surprised, but surprised nonetheless.
You'd think Texas would lead the charge for Constitutional carry... Instead of beings years behind, as usual.
Like other parts of the country, TX has to many large totally liberal cities that can outvote the rest....

I hope the first repsonder bill passes too. Lucky I'm volunteer first responder.....
Posted By: EdM Re: Will It Pass? New Texas Law - 04/19/17
Hasn't always been that way.
Posted By: Big C Re: Will It Pass? New Texas Law - 04/19/17
The bill they passed out of committee yesterday (HB1911) isn't constitutional carry. It is basically permitless carry. A person still has to meet the same standards as a person with an LTC, just no license required. Phil King, the committee head, is against constitutional carry and is going to let the real constitutional carry bill (HB375) die on his desk. HB1911 is better than nothing, but it's not constitutional carry. Hopefully some floor amendments will get it where it needs to be.
© 24hourcampfire