Home
Posted By: wabigoon Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Former Governor of Minnesota, among other things.

Thoughts on the man, and his job as governor?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
a nutter from the git go
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
The terms sleaze, sewer seepage, douche, don't begin to describe him.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
In addition to the above, which are compliments, he is totally incompetent and extremely selfish.
Posted By: hatari Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
A Libertarian - Liberal. Better in Hollywood.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon

One word: "dickhead".
Posted By: Seafire Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
If I had any appreciation for Jesse, it flew out the window when he sued Chris Kyle's wife...over stuff in Chris's book...

As a governor in Minnesota... I thought he was better than many of the DFL morons that have been elected....

of course that isn't saying much....

its just he did a better job, than say the bozo Mark Dayton has done....
Posted By: hanco Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
[bleep]
Posted By: tzone Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
He's nuttier than squirrel schit.

I was too young to vote for him and moved to WI before he really took over anything. So I really don't know what he did here as a Gov. He was long gone by the time I moved back.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Thought on the man
Got his ass whipped, said it did not happen and sued the widow. Tier 1 dickhead.
Job as governor.
Meh.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
One good thing he did was shall issue concealed carry for the state.
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Thought on the man
Got his ass whipped, said it did not happen and sued the widow.
He was vindicated in court. It didn't happen.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
A total azzhole. My father in law was mayor of Coon Rapids (a Twin Cities northern suburb) when Jesse was mayor of Brooklyn Park. Dad and Jesse sat on some committees together, and when something came to a vote, if it didn't go Jesse's way, he literally wanted to go out back and physically fight over it.

He was a poor governor, a poor representative of our state, and just a general pain in the azz. What little respect I had for him went away when he felt the need to sue Chris Kyle's widow. He was losing "face time" and saw this as a way to keep his ugly mug in front of the media. He needs to just fade off silently into the sunset.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
How, and why did he get elected?
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
He's a POS and irrelevant at that. Suing Taya Kyle sealed my opinion of him. He can FOAD for all I care.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Seriously? Look around.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Young people made the difference, came out in droves. It was all about Jesse, all the time. Other than lowering the price for our license tabs on our vehicles, thats about all he did. Oh and squawking about a unicameral form of government.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

What are you getting at?

He was the "F-you" to politicians in general. That's how he got elected. When people literally believe you can not do worse than anything in the past and they want to send a message to politicians... That's how you get Jesse, that's how he got elected.

That said, he's an embarrassment.

On a political scale, I have greater resentment for our current governor Mark Dayton than I do for Jesse (And I resent Jesse plenty)

As a human being in general, Jesse may be slightly worse than Dayton.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
I've got an autographed photo of him with fake blood running down his face if anyone's interested. I'd like to start the bidding at a million two. Go.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Same way Trump did.

A national obsession with celebrity, his willingness to parrot what people want to hear, and as mentioned, a general FU to politicians in general.

Posted By: KFWA Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
If Chris Kyle lied to sell a book then he should have been sued.

Originally Posted by Seafire
If I had any appreciation for Jesse, it flew out the window when he sued Chris Kyle's wife...over stuff in Chris's book...

As a governor in Minnesota... I thought he was better than many of the DFL morons that have been elected....

of course that isn't saying much....

its just he did a better job, than say the bozo Mark Dayton has done....

Interesting comment, better than Dayton. Maybe, maybe not, but Dayton is an incompetent idiot, just not as loud as JV.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by KFWA

No problem with that but to sue a dead man is in poor taste, in this case anyway.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Jesse Ventura , Donald Trump and to some extent Ron Paul represent the protest vote.

The people voting for this person aren't really voting for the man, they are voting for the ideology and platform.

In the 3 examples above all 3 are poor messengers, but they were the only ones willing to deliver the message.

Posted By: mmgravy Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
338 pretty well summed up his tenure as governor here.....
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Jesse Ventura , Donald Trump and to some extent Ron Paul represent the protest vote.

The people voting for this person aren't really voting for the man, they are voting for the ideology and platform.

In the 3 examples above all 3 are poor messengers, but they were the only ones willing to deliver the message.

And a lot of people were voting against the status quo. Jesse ran against a couple of empty suit career politicians. I'm sure he started the campaign as a joke to get a little more publicity and it snowballed. Once he got into office, his thin skin was a real problem. He couldn't stand any criticism.

Quite a few parallels to Trump actually.

Jerry

Yep.
Posted By: mohick Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Only one more stupid than him are the ignorant fools that voted for him!!!!!
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Wasn't Jesse a Navy Seal?
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That and the vehicle license fee decrease are the only things good he did.
The only reason he got the license fee reduced is because he didn't want to pay the $1200 a year they wanted for his Porsche.
He never did anything that didn't directly affect him. The only reason that he did the "shall issue" is because the Hennepin county sheriff wouldn't give him a permit to carry.

He sucked but I would take him back in a hart beat over Dayton.
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Yeah, but they didn't go by that name at the time. I think they were called Navy Frog Men, then.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
UDT...
Posted By: JOG Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Ventura was the Independence candidate in a three-way race. He pulled enough votes away from the Republican, that had a 6 point lead over the Democrat, to win the election.

Dayton was elected in a similar way, except in that case Dayton was running against two Republicans. Dayton won by 0.4%, 11.9% voted for the 'other' Republican.
Posted By: JOG Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

That was Gov. Tim Pawlenty - not Ventura.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
[color:#FFCC66][/color]. I liked him in the AWA !I spent the 70's going to restlyn' lol
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by JOG

That was Gov. Tim Pawlenty - not Ventura.

You're right
He ran on it but never even tried to deliver on it.
Guess it was because once he became governor he issued one to himself. Jesse only cares about Jesse.
I've had business dealings with him going back to the 80's.
Pure A hole.
Posted By: Timberlake Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Gotta agree with the above comments. However, he was one of the best Minnesota governors ever to grace the chair in St Paul!
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Him and Jan were both UDT. Jan is pretty normal. Jessie, joined the Mongals MC while in. He's a bit off.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
I was a resident of ND at the time.

Jesse V. getting elected reminded me of Eddie Murphy's stand up when he's talking about white people getting drunk and voting for Jesse Jackson.

"~drunk laughing~ let's go vote for Jesse Jackson"

The next morning they wake up and they're like:

"He fughkn WON?!"
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Seriously? Look around.

Yes, look around
Al Franken is a senator from Mn
Betsy Hodges (Minneapolis mayor) just was voted second worst mayor in the USA
Dayton the governor of Mn can barely construct a multi word sentence.
Jesse fits right in with those idiots, only is he more brash.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Thought you went to law school?

You gotta be smart enough to know the former does not necessarily equal the latter.

Ventura's name is not in the book.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Yeah, but they didn't go by that name at the time. I think they were called Navy Frog Men, then.

SEALs today still refer to themselves as "Frogmen." In fact, there is (or was) at the entrance to the Navy's BUD/S School in Coronado, Calif., a very large replica of the "creature" from the old movie, "Creature From The Black Lagoon." The "creature" is holding a large sign that reads, "So you want to be a Frogman, do you?"

Ventura went through BUD/S and graduated, no easy feat. At that time there were two different parts of the Navy's "special operations," one being SEALs and the other UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams). All candidates went through BUD/S.

At that time, some of the BUD/S graduates were assigned to SEAL training and either Team One or Team Two, and the other graduates were assigned to UDT training and Teams. Ventura was assigned to UDT training and an UDT Team.

Ventura served aboard a couple of ships off the coast of Vietnam but did not ever serve on a SEAL Team.

I believe it was in 1984 (??) that the UDT operations were melded into the SEAL program, therefore all graduates were designated "SEALs." Previous UDT members could thereafter call themselves SEALs and could wear the SEAL Trident.

Although Ventura served in UDT, not SEALs, he today can officially call himself "a SEAL."

This is what I've read and also been told by a good friend of mine who is a retired SEAL, Vietnam service.

L.W.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Thought you went to law school?

You gotta be smart enough to know the former does not necessarily equal the latter.
He proved in civil court, by a preponderance of the evidence, and to the satisfaction of the trier of fact, that the claim was false. That's ordinarily referred to as vindication, i.e., as far as our system of civil laws are concerned, it didn't happen, which is why the estate was held liable.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

He wasn't my problem, I have enough problems here in CA.
Posted By: Deflagrate Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
The man thinks storm drains are part of a plot to hide aliens from Alpha nowhere.
That's all I need to know.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
The terms sleaze, sewer seepage, douche, don't begin to describe him.

He might be all those things, but he's still better than the current Senator from that state.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Douche bag comes to mind!
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Seriously? Look around.
Exactly. I sure as he11 didn't vote for him.
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Young people made the difference, came out in droves. It was all about Jesse, all the time. Other than lowering the price for our license tabs on our vehicles, thats about all he did. Oh and squawking about a unicameral form of government.
His biggest accomplishment was repealing the helmet law. What a joke!
Posted By: FVA Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Kind of neutral on the man myself.
The Chris Kyle incident didn't happen.
The "incident " did a lot of damage to Jesse's rep, not only the getting cold clocked part it. The part where he said
jesse said a seal that was killed deserved it.
The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife. Another fabrication that hurt.
Chris Kyle did a hell of a job for our country and protected his fellow seals and others that served. A great man.
Why he felt the need to embellish his life story at the expense of a fellow seal is troubling as are a couple other fabricated things he told.

Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by FVA
The "incident " did a lot of damage to Jesse's rep, not only the getting cold clocked part it. The part where he said
The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife. Another fabrication that hurt.
Chris Kyle did a hell of a job for our country and protected his fellow seals and others that served. A great man.
Why he felt the need to embellish his life story at the expense of a fellow seal is troubling as are a couple other fabricated things he told.

Well said. Spot-on.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by FVA

Well said. Spot-on.
Yes indeed. Exactly.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

SEALs today still refer to themselves as "Frogmen." In fact, there is (or was) at the entrance to the Navy's BUD/S School in Coronado, Calif., a very large replica of the "creature" from the old movie, "Creature From The Black Lagoon." The "creature" is holding a large sign that reads, "So you want to be a Frogman, do you?"

Ventura went through BUD/S and graduated, no easy feat. At that time there were two different parts of the Navy's "special operations," one being SEALs and the other UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams). All candidates went through BUD/S.

At that time, some of the BUD/S graduates were assigned to SEAL training and either Team One or Team Two, and the other graduates were assigned to UDT training and Teams. Ventura was assigned to UDT training and an UDT Team.

Ventura served aboard a couple of ships off the coast of Vietnam but did not ever serve on a SEAL Team.

I believe it was in 1984 (??) that the UDT operations were melded into the SEAL program, therefore all graduates were designated "SEALs." Previous UDT members could thereafter call themselves SEALs and could wear the SEAL Trident.

Although Ventura served in UDT, not SEALs, he today can officially call himself "a SEAL."

This is what I've read and also been told by a good friend of mine who is a retired SEAL, Vietnam service.

L.W.
[Linked Image]
Ventura is such a liberal conspiracy nut jack wagon it's easily believable he would say that.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Ventura ran on basically no platform. His only issues that I remember were light rail and legal weed. The weed thing wasnt going to happen. People let their imaginations get the best of them. Students thought he'd get them free tuition. Some people thought he'd lower taxes. Potheads thought he'd legalize weed. In reality he had no plan and his negotiating skills consisted of throwing tantrums when he didn't get his way. He's a bigger moon bat than Dayton.
Posted By: FVA Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Ventura is such a liberal conspiracy nut jack wagon it's easily believable he would say that.

Not really.
Posted By: Starman Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17

Ventura's name is not in the book.

It didn't have to be, Kyle mentioned Veturas name as part of the alleged incident, while officially promoting his book on
a radio program.so in effect it was still put on the public record by Kyle as being the truth. In court action, publisher
Harper Collins said it would act to remove the offending page in question from the publication, even though the name
Vetura didn't even appear in the description of the alleged incident... it just referred to a 'celebrity' character named
'Scruff Face'. .. grin

Originally Posted by FVA

The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife.

I was of the understanding that the Kyle estate was found liable for the defamation part of the damages awarded( $500,000?)
and Harper Collins liable for the much larger awarded sum, for the 'unjust enrichment' factor.

anyway the latest is that the saga is not over yet!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/10/jesse-ventura-appeal-in-chris-kyle-defamation-case/

quote:

"Last June, however, a three-judge panel of the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals outright reversed the unjust enrichment verdict and vacated and remanded the defamation judgment
after agreeing that Mr. Ventura’s legal team damaged the defendant’s chance of a fair trial by telling jurors an insurance policy would cover the cost of damages awarded in court.
The appeals panel’s ruling will now remain intact as a result of the high court’s decision this week, meaning Mr. Ventura may pursue the defamation allegations in District Court again."

-remanded means to return the case to a lower court for re-consideration.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by JOG

Ventura was the Independence candidate in a three-way race. He pulled enough votes away from the Republican, that had a 6 point lead over the Democrat, to win the election.

Dayton was elected in a similar way, except in that case Dayton was running against two Republicans. Dayton won by 0.4%, 11.9% voted for the 'other' Republican.

Dayton was running for governor when I moved to MN, way back in 1980...and it seemed he ran every time an election was there when I lived in MN....how many high price runs did he make before finally getting elected?

If he wasn't attached to all of that Dayton Hudson money, he'd have never been elected.... I think he spent $7 million on his 1980 campaign IIRC.....

Dayton always struck me as being the kid we use to kick their ass on a regular basis when we were in Grade School... just with the hope of knocking some sense into him...

if he was that kid... we all failed... he hasn't got an ounce of common sense in his entire cinder block for a brain...guy gives being a moron an entire new dimension...
Posted By: ecmn Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/21/17
He is nothing to be proud of but he did save us from Skip Humphrey who was running as the Dem that year. Skip had already sold us down the river with the tribes and their casinos and destroying the Mille Lacs Lake walleye population. When our liberal politicians are talking down to us it is always feels like a slow bleed and the Republicans really are just about as bad as the Democrats in this state for spending other people's money. I have a feeling I will be putting on my Al Franken finally made me laugh T-shirt again...but I hope not.
Posted By: deflave Re: Jesse Ventura? - 04/21/17
He just old and went nuts.

"Ain't Got Time to Bleed" wasn't bad.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire