Home
A week or so ago one of my game cameras captured a picture of a really strange creature... Well.. It may not be a creature but I have absolutely NO idea what it is. I'll include the picture and if you look near the bottom of it you'll see something that looks like a snake or alligator but it has reflective strips on each side of it.

Any ideas?

[Linked Image]
Insect? I've seen night photos of flying insects that looked like nothing from this world. Just a WAG.
Racing stripes?;)
Refection off a dog's collar? There's a silhouette of a dog's face there too...maybe moving to fast for the camera shutter?
Art Bell would say rods
Wouldn't be a blast to ef with a buds game camera, get an ape outfit dance around in front of his camera and wait for the phone call. grin
Hog.
Mustang GT?
those strips are its eye reflection, looks like a bobcat.
Large slug?
I see the dog face too. Looks like it's looking right at the camera.
Lesser Everglades Chupacabra. No doubt about it.
LDH - can you give any idea on scale of the object? You know what the area in view looks like, can you provide an estimate of size by relating it to anything else in the picture?
If there were some UV light in the flash it could make strange looking results.
I see the dog face now, but if it is a dog, the white stripes are certainly a mystery.
Nocturnal eyeballs reflecting the flash - contrary to popular belief, most game cameras are not "silent" when activating for a picture.

Whatever it is - probably a nocturnal dweller, hear the camera and is scooting out of there. The image caught the blur of the eyeball reflection, maybe some blinks, and not much else.
What about posting a previous photo that doesn't have this strange thing in it so we can see what is there now that wasn't there then?
Looks like a lousy Bushnell cam night pic. Mine do the same at times, don't know why.
Don't see a dog, and if he was looking at the camera, wouldn't his eyes glow?
Eye's Rio7
I monkeyed with it every way I know how and I couldn't see anything

[Linked Image]
dog with pins in his left hind leg
Glow worms. Big ones. smile
A pine martin with a safety vest.
Looks like a dog facing to the left, wearing a harness instead of collar. Could be rivets or reflective strips on it. Any tracks or other clues as to what was there?
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Refection off a dog's collar? There's a silhouette of a dog's face there too...maybe moving to fast for the camera shutter?

good eye , looks like a cartoon dog though
Secret communication from Elvis.
It's Rin Tin Tin! Rusty must be about also. smile
Got any better pictures or video? Looks like something flew by the camera fast.
40 years ago when I was a new apprentice an old Master Craftsman told me "Son you lack imagination" it still holds true!
Lightning bugs line dancing?
Glowgator. Nuclear plant nearby?
What's the shutter speed? Three seconds? It could be the tracks of eye reflections, broken by two blinks.

Shutter speed 1/100 sec? I don't have a clue.
[Linked Image]
Post a daytime pic from same spot.
Possum with 3 babies on her back.

(Note: I don't know chit about Possums- do they have more than one baby - do they pack them around on their back?)

My next guess is a diesel snake with glow-plugs.
Kingston you crack me the f up !
Wow... Lots of great ideas and some crazy off the wall stuff too... There had been a rain since the pic was taken so no tracks. The camera is 4.5' from the ground on a pine tree trunk with a slight downward angle. The soil is sandy with a few blades of grass and a palmetto bush is there too for scale.

I'd guess that what we're looking at is about 3ft long and 3" wide and laying/crawling on the ground. If it's not a snake or a small gator then I'm totally stumped. Why the reflective strips I don't know. It's possible that it was moving eyes but those never show as broken lines of light but rather an uninterrupted line and nothing else is blurred.

After looking at 100's of thousands of pics from my game cameras over the past few years with some really strange stuff this one totally stumps me and I guess I admit defeat.
maybe a "marked" armadillo. any wildlife grad students prowling around there at night?
Eyes that are blinking as it's moving, ???
Chupacabra
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Man.....it's so obvious NOW!!!! laugh laugh
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

You may be right...
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire