Home
Being the Toughest SOB I've ever met.

Little Everett has had some complications and is back in the Hospital for a bit. evidently he had some brain bleeding caused from some of the medications used to keep him alive when he was born premature. He has had part of his skull temporarily removed for the bleeding but everything should be OK.

[Linked Image]
Heartbreaking to see such a young and innocent little guy struggle. You're right though he will be a fighter and already is one tough son of a gun. I hope Everett pulls through with no lasting impairment.
Will be praying for this little guy.
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Yep, and Amen.

Same here....hoping for the same speedy recovery!
My prayers are with him I had twin brothers born premature one just died in March the other remains mentally disabled 23 yrs old I'd give almost anything to have a brother to fish and hunt with
Tough little guy
Prayers sent for a quick and complete recovery.
Good luck Everett.
Hope the little bugger gets over this soon.

When my son was born he was blue and got to live in a cube for 2 weeks with tongue depressors to hold his arms still so the iv's wouldn't get pulled.

Hope the folks have someone to help them cope.
Prayers for the little guy. It's really tough seeing little ones having to go through something like this.
My son was born premature in 1980. Spent the first 3 months in the premmy unit at University of Nebraska. Had a shunt surgury, to drain fluid from the brain. We had to get the tube lengthened a couple times as he grew. THAT was the hardest, watching him wake up from surgery and crying in pain. He has turned out a pretty good kid, but is deaf and has some cerebral palsy on the left side. Would not trade him for the world!
My dreams of a hunting and fishing buddy were shattered, to say the least.

Making that up now with my Granddaughter, she loves the stuff my son has no interest in.......go figure.

You and the child are in my prayers.
Originally Posted by Cecil56
My son was born premature in 1980. Spent the first 3 months in the premmy unit at University of Nebraska. Had a shunt surgury, to drain fluid from the brain. We had to get the tube lengthened a couple times as he grew. THAT was the hardest, watching him wake up from surgery and crying in pain. He has turned out a pretty good kid, but is deaf and has some cerebral palsy on the left side. Would not trade him for the world!
My dreams of a hunting and fishing buddy were shattered, to say the least.

Making that up now with my Granddaughter, she loves the stuff my son has no interest in.......go figure.

You and the child are in my prayers.

Everett is my great Nephew.

Everett spent the first 5 months in the hospital after 11 surgeries he came home in February. His parents are a tough couple and damn dedicated parents.

When it comes to kids I'm a puffball, Seeing kids in distress breaks my heart. God Bless your family and your boy.
That's a tough one. Godspeed, little Everett.
Blessings back to you Paul. We have both walked the same turf. You and your family are in my prayers. I have a friend in Beverton, MI. Small world.
Prayers sent
I cannot imagine nor can I imagine what our medical teams pull off these days. Incredible folks.

same here!
God bless y'all.
Oh man I pray the lad heals up quick
My heart just aches when I see photos and here stories like this. My prayers go out to the little guy and all those touched by his rocky path into this world.
May Our Lord watch over ALL the little ones in distress -
AND their families and caregivers!

These things always break my heart.
Praying for this little guy.
My first grandkid was born 13 weeks premature in November of 2012. The NICU had an educational page that listed about 18 common complications that preemies encounter, and this kid had about 13 of them. Scared the bejeebers out of all of us.

Looking back, the worst part was they did not offer any anesthesia for the parents or grandparents...we just had to trust in the Good Lord and the NICU. Together, they pulled him through.

You need to be thinking about what you're going to teach him to shoot with!
My wife talked with Everett's parents last night, the kid is truly a miracle.

From what I understand Everett's chances just making it through the surgery was slim to none, the parents and grandparents said their goodbyes to the boy before he went into surgery (I can't imagine doing this). Now that he has made it off the operating table he has a long recovery ahead of him but it appears to be going well so far.

This kid is going to get a brand new Henry from his Uncle Paul for his 9th birthday.

Amen!
They say that being open minded is a good thing, so it seems he has a head start on all his peers! Best wishes for a full recovery.
© 24hourcampfire