Home
Been getting into flyfishing and just ordered another rod, reel, gear, etc... got my new Sage rod in yesterday and the rest of my order came in today. Wanted to check out my new reel so grabbed that box first, opened it up, saw the neoprene case for the reel, grabbed it... and it was empty! There is no reel inside the box at all!

Immediately called Cabelas and they were simple to work with and have a reel on the way for me, hopefully in the box this time. Never had that problem before, but glad it was taken care of.
I was in the Boise store a few days ago to return a pair of low cut insulated rubber bottom boots. The rubber bottoms had simply fallen apart, all cracked apart. They have a lifetime warranty. They've discontinued them for some strange reason, and don't have replacement versions out yet. They said they could only give me a refund at their current price which is 50% off and they won't be getting any in later. They suggested I wait until this fall when they get in whatever Cabelas is replacing them with and they'll give me a straight across trade. Sounds good to me. I just caught them in the middle of a mess with them. I really didn't want another pair of the same ones anyway. They didn't last at all.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was in the Boise store a few days ago to return a pair of low cut insulated rubber bottom boots. The rubber bottoms had simply fallen apart, all cracked apart. They have a lifetime warranty. They've discontinued them for some strange reason, and don't have replacement versions out yet. They said they could only give me a refund at their current price which is 50% off and they won't be getting any in later. They suggested I wait until this fall when they get in whatever Cabelas is replacing them with and they'll give me a straight across trade. Sounds good to me. I just caught them in the middle of a mess with them. I really didn't want another pair of the same ones anyway. They didn't last at all.

Sounds like the Rocky Boots debacle...except Rocky won't replace from what I understand.
These are Cabela's brand so they can't blame it on someone else. They'll replace them but they just don't have anything to replace them with yet. They will by fall.
Stores and companies make mistakes. That's ok with me. It's how they handle it. Don't BS or lie to me and all is good.
Posted By: las Re: Cabelas letdown and redemption - 05/19/17
Was in an auto fix place today and overheard discussion by owner and wife. Seems one of their customers had a "lifetime warranty" part go bad. Not sure if they had put the prt in or not. Probably. Company has since reduced warranty to 1 year, and won't honor the lifetime warranty under which the part was originally purchased.

Guess who won't be getting any more business from my independent mechanic.
I have had several occasions to return broken or defective merchandise to Cabelas. They have been 100% great on those matters.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Stores and companies make mistakes. That's ok with me. It's how they handle it. Don't BS or lie to me and all is good.

This ^^^^^^^^^^
Had a laser bore sighting tool go bad several years ago. Made a call and had the new one in a week. Good company.
They always took care of me.
Cabelas stands by their name,
© 24hourcampfire