Home
Posted By: curdog4570 Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
Jusrt so we don't have to turn our man cards in.

Always Dreaming is at 7-5 as the favorite.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
what network?
found it
Posted By: EdM Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
Just flipped it on then poured a martini.
Originally Posted by EdM

i've watched pretty much every triple crown race since Secretariat when i was 10.
that was a good race.
Wow.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by EdM

i've watched pretty much every triple crown race since Secretariat when i was 10.

Me too.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
Have you watched the movie--"Secretariat"?

Someone made a few $ on that trifecta.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
Credit the win to the trainer who kept his horse out of the Derby and the (soon to be) HOF jockey who knew just how much horse he had left all thru the race.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
Surprise Winner!!

It was a good race, IMO. Exciting finish...
Posted By: mudhen Re: Preakness Thread - 05/20/17
It was a hoss race! Always like to see the wins spread around. laugh
Posted By: 1sgLunde Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by mudhen
It was a hoss race! Always like to see the wins spread around. laugh
Posted By: byc Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
The entire day's card was excellent. Brought back tons of infield memories.

Sure hope they do not move the Preakness to Laurel. MD.
Posted By: JBoutfishn Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by byc
The entire day's card was excellent. Brought back tons of infield memories.

Sure hope they do not move the Preakness to Laurel. MD.

Tough to keep Pimilco open with only 12 racing days a year, also not in the best part of town.
Posted By: MMM Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
Before I say anything else, let me state that the Triple Crown is the only time I am interested in horse racing. We are going to take our daughters to the Kentucky Derby in the next couple of years. Their interest has been piqued, of course, by the movie Secretariat.

It was a great race, although I will say that I hate to see the Kentucky Derby winner beaten by a horse that did not run the Derby. They call it the Triple Crown, I think you ought to have to commit to run all three races. A few years ago one of the trainers went on a rant when his Kentucky Derby-winning horse was beaten in the Preakness by a horse that had not run the Derby. I sympathize with his point of view.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by MMM
Before I say anything else, let me state that the Triple Crown is the only time I am interested in horse racing. We are going to take our daughters to the Kentucky Derby in the next couple of years. Their interest has been piqued, of course, by the movie Secretariat.

It was a great race, although I will say that I hate to see the Kentucky Derby winner beaten by a horse that did not run the Derby. They call it the Triple Crown, I think you ought to have to commit to run all three races. A few years ago one of the trainers went on a rant when his Kentucky Derby-winning horse was beaten in the Preakness by a horse that had not run the Derby. I sympathize with his point of view.

I agree.. I was bummed a couple years ago when Mine That Bird lost the Preakness to Rachael Alexandra..
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Preakness Thread - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by MMM

You can ruin a good horse that is fast enough but not strong enough to compete in all three races. Derby is 1 1/4 mile, Preakness is1 3/16 mile and the Belmont is a mile and a half. That is as long as any of these horses will ever run.
Sham is a sad example. Sham pushed hard, broke the Derby record and still came in second to Secretariat. Did the same thing two weeks later in the Preakness.
They ruined a fine horse when they tried again to push Big Red in the Belmont. Sham could not hold the pace, broke down and finished last. It was his last race.
Posted By: hanco Re: Preakness Thread - 05/22/17
There will never be another Secretariat
© 24hourcampfire