Home
I ran across this website that sells replacement striker paper. It appears to be a 1 woman site that sells stuff for making crafty match holders. I got 3 sheets, about 7.5x10 each, with peel off backing for $3 each plus $2.60 shipping. It comes in 3 grades and she says that the only difference is in appearance, not quality. This is the lowest grade and it'll work great for anything I need. The highest grade sells for $4.50/sheet.
I cut a piece to cover the whole top of this matchbox so I should be striking matches on it for quite a while. Greenhead strike-on-box matches flared right up when I tried them. It will stick to about anything so you can keep your matches in a jar or something and have a way to light them. For tent camping, put a piece of this on something hard and keep it inside the match container so it stays dry.
I think I'll order several more just to have on hand in case she disappears.

Here's her site: STRIKEAMATCH

[Linked Image]
$260 dollars for shipping - what a deal!! laugh laugh
Originally Posted by Redneck
$260 dollars for shipping - what a deal!! laugh laugh

Yep, frigging UPS is outrageous anymore.
Hey, this is for hunting. Price is no object. grin
Great idea. Thanks for sharing the information.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Hey, this is for hunting. Price is no object. grin

True, my apologies...nothing gets in the way of my hunting smile
Bring back the Ohio Blue Tip Strike Anywhere!
Originally Posted by Steve

Exactly right! How are kids supposed to have fun these days? grin
Originally Posted by Steve

Here here, The OLD ones they called "Lucifers".

GTC
Would be cheaper to buy a couple of disposable lighters.
I don't care how many meth heads poison themselves with the phosphorus from matches. We won't miss them. Our government's mentality is that if someone is an idiot, everyone else must be punished. I also want the good matches back.
Why not just buy strike anywhere matches??
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Because they don't. The new ones are a pathetic replacement for the good old ones.

Because they don't. The new ones are a pathetic replacement for the good old ones.

No issues with mine. Maybe not as good as Blue Tips but still better than packing a box everywhere.

Boy Scouts know how to rub a couple of sticks together.
One does not have any sand paper around?

My solution:
[Linked Image]
sand paper works for strike anywheres but safety matches need phosphorus to light.

No issues with mine. Maybe not as good as Blue Tips but still better than packing a box everywhere.

Mine

You make your own, or ya' gonna keep coyly fluttering a geisha fan in front of your face ?
© 24hourcampfire