Home
Aggravating:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/0...from-graduation.html?cq_ck=1496937514413
What a disgrace.....This country is F u c k e d.... mad

Actually, criminal.
Pissed me off!
That newly graduated Marine showed great restraint in not showing that ass hole principal his skills in hand to hand combat!

Pisses me off!
I don't know.....gotta respect a principal that runs a tight ship. I mean I'm all for our men and women who are/have served and promote them all the while but even at my sons recent graduation ALL wore their cap and gowns. Now as the principal was giving his part of the address he had all the ROTC guys and gals stand and be recognized and point out their achievements (which this group broke existing records and set new ones this past year) so with that being said, I don't think it was necessarily disrespectful to not let one wear something different...next thing you know a whole other bag of worms get opened. We had ANOTHER grad get a full ride to Annapolis this year and she wore her cap and gown like all others.
Follow tradition and wear the cap and gown. Is there a real need to demonstrate that one is a unique individual in some way. Ones intentions are usually referenced behind each name in the program for the night. There's always a local kid or two coming up with a stunt in an attempt to stand out. Even my own son all of sudden had a need to wear sunglasses that evening. Put the squash on that one. My perception is it makes them look stupid as opposed to padding their resume.

As to hand to hand combat, that will land one in jail. Also, it's extremely rare to encounter a boot camper that's suddenly made the transition to Zen Master. I have seen a few that thought they were there, and got their asses kicked.
From the article:

"The Marines do not have a policy on dress for high school graduations, leaving the decision up to the individual school districts."
I agree with Boots and 1minute.

If you allow one to deviate the next thing will be some azz wanting to wear muzzie garb.

The young man referenced in the first post should have worn his gown over his uniform.
Originally Posted by fish head

If you allow one to deviate the next thing will be some azz wanting to wear muzzie garb.

The young man referenced in the first post should have worn his gown over his uniform.

I can accept that idea..Good solution..

THIS^^^^
at my kids graduation 2 years ago, they asked all the students who were going into the military after graduation to stand.

The crowd gave them a standing ovation.

The honor graduates did not get one.

I understand the mixed feelings here but as a veteran, I would not have worn a uniform if something else was more appropriate or required. This isn't a military event.
Originally Posted by CEJ1895

I can accept that idea..Good solution..
I was under the impression this is what was being denied.
I would wear it anyway and let them arrest me.
Originally Posted by g5m
From the article:

"The Marines do not have a policy on dress for high school graduations, leaving the decision up to the individual school districts."

Being military you all know you follow the rules and regulations, thus dress is not optional. You wear what is promulgated.
Cheers NC
Did the Corp allow him to wear his letterman jacket at his Basic graduation?
Why is this a problem. All of the other students graduating wore the schools uniform, their caps and gowns. There is no reason for anyone else to be allowed to wear any other form of dress if they want to participate in graduation. He can wear the Marine uniform under the gown. He wore the Marine uniform when he graduated basic, and can wear the traditional uniform of high school graduates when he graduates HS.

While I applaud his service there is a time and place, this was not it. When you start making exceptions, no matter how honorable, you'll have kids wanting to wear anything they want at their HS graduation.
I also thought it was a crock until I read one of the comments at the end of the article that was written by another Marine. What he said makes sense. Besides, the uniform could still be worn under the gown. Here's the comment:

USMCDAD1775
2 hours ago
I am a Marine and I agree with the school. If I was in this knuckleheads command he would be hearing from me. There is a thing called the uniform of the day. The cap and gown was the uniform of the day for that school. I would wager a bet that if at graduation from boot the uniform of the day was PT gear, he would not show up in cammies. The headline should read "Boot decided to show up in wrong uniform"

I also want add that I also applaud and thank the Graduate for his service!

You might be surprised at what's under some of those gowns. I knew a girl years ago who wore a very skimpy bikini under hers. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't wear anything at all. A Marine uniform wouldn't be in the least bit inappropriate under a gown.
Here's a the first comment on the story:

I am a Marine and I agree with the school. If I was in this knuckleheads command he would be hearing from me. There is a thing called the uniform of the day. The cap and gown was the uniform of the day for that school. I would wager a bet that if at graduation from boot the uniform of the day was PT gear, he would not show up in cammies. The headline should read "Boot decided to show up in wrong uniform"
A new Marine whining about having to follow orders.
I don't have anything else to add, but this will make my 4,000th post, so I'll just put it here to celebrate.
That newly graduated Marine showed great restraint in not showing that ass hole principal his skills in hand to hand combat!

Pisses me off!

Nah....Someone else needs to pay the principle a visit and introduce him to a section of chainsaw chain for about 50 lashes.

This d-baggery isn't going to stop until scumbags start getting made examples out of.
Appropriate dress is the cap and gown. That is Tradition and Marines are taught to respect and practice tradition.
Wearing anything else is inappropriate.
It would be different if they had ROTC cadets graduating in uniform, but they did not.
It isn't Parris Island graduation day, it is High School graduation day. He had his Marine Graduation, that special day is over.
A good Marine does as authority requests; in this case wear the cap and gown.
I went to both of mine in the appropriate clothing, though high school came first and Drill Instructor Sgt Cooper, the meanest man who ever lived, didn't give me a choice of what to wear while at Parris Island. Ha ha ha.
Originally Posted by Deflagrate
Appropriate dress is the cap and gown. That is Tradition and Marines are taught to respect and practice tradition.
It would be different if they had ROTC cadets graduating in uniform, but they did not.
It isn't Parris Island graduation day, it is High School graduation day. He had his Marine Graduation, that special day is over.

This ^^^^^
Suck it up, buttercup......
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Originally Posted by Deflagrate

This ^^^^^
Suck it up, buttercup......

Agreed. Pride in uniform does not make it necessary to wear a uniform always and everywhere. Guessing a few years after basic he will know that.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Pisses me off!

Nah....Someone else needs to pay the principle a visit and introduce him to a section of chainsaw chain for about 50 lashes.

This d-baggery isn't going to stop until scumbags start getting made examples out of.

You're "someone else".
Uniform of the day makes sense!
Just Deplorable....
Where I'm at no uniforms allowed. The kid walks center stage facing the audience and then stops. His or her full name is then read along with their honors, scholarships and whatnot. If they have already enlisted that is announced then to general applause. If that ain't enough I dunno what might be. Heck the whole event starts with the parading of the colors and everyone standing for the anthem.
This might have started something. Here's another case in the news today about an army reservist in CA who wanted to wear his uniform for graduation. He was also denied.

BRENTWOOD, Calif. – A Bay Area father says his son was not allowed to walk in his high school graduation because he wanted to wear his Army Service Uniform.

PFC Harland J Fletcher is a student at Liberty Union High School in Brentwood. Fletcher says he was told he was not allowed to walk in his high school graduation on Friday unless he was wearing his graduation robe, not his Army Service uniform.

Brentwood student told he could not walk in graduation if wearing his Army Service Uniform
A Bay Area father says his son was not allowed to walk in his high school graduation because he wanted to wear his Army Service Uniform.

PFC Fletcher, a US Army Reserve Medic attended BCT or Basic Combat Training between his junior and senior year of high school, enlisting on his 17th birthday, the earliest day possible. This option is known as a "Split Option."

Fletcher says his counselor approved him wearing his Army Service Uniform during the graduation ceremony on Friday. When he arrived to the ceremony, Fletcher says he was told by the principal and vice principal that he must wear the robe in place of his uniform.

Fletcher says he told school administrators that wearing his "blues" was within his rights as long as he fulfilled all school requirements and completed basic training.

Fletcher says he was then told that he "can pick up the diploma in the office on Monday."

Fletcher's father, Bill Fletcher, stated he is "tired of service members and vets being quietly and systematically denied rights by establishments that should know, respect and abide by the laws enacted on all of our behalves."
This is a result of elevating service members to higher honors then they deserve!

A douch is a douch.. This kid is trying to ride on the " I got a uniform on.. look at me".

You join the service to serve.. not show of!

But, as I see to much of, is every god damn person in uniform, these days gets a circle jerk by the community.
The results.. you get people like this, seeking glory, instead of doing your damn duty and follow orders!

Yes I served.. I did not want any thank you from anybody!
A simple Thank You is always in good taste, so Thank You. miles
© 24hourcampfire