Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Good morning Campfire friends. This community was one of my Dad's favorite places to spend time...many of you became his friends over the years and it is to you all that I write this post.

On Saturday, June 10 at 8:40 pm, my Dad, Bigbuck215, left his broken and disease ravished body and entered into eternity with the God he loved so deeply. This was a hard fought battle that Dad was determined to win...even in his last days! He wanted to fight but his body was unable to continue. He was in the care of hospice for this last week and while we expected the moment, it arrived more quickly than we thought. In the last hours of his time with us, we called friends and family and gave them the opportunity to speak with him and express their love, to share memories and to say, "we'll see you later." In retrospect, I wish I had thought of that sooner...I didn't imagine that we would run out of time so quickly! We, as well as Dad, truly do believe that we will "see him later" as God has promised to those who believe in the salvation from Jesus Christ.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you. Dad was overwhelmed with your generous support and encouragement toward him. Please know that he loved you, admired you, enjoyed great camaraderie with you and had intense respect for you. The gathering that he attended in Arizona last year was some of the best times he's had! We enjoyed hearing about the cooking, the people, the dogs...for days when he returned. Thank you Ed and John for reaching out to me in the last week and sharing your thoughts with me about Dad.

Again...to all of you...thank you for being part of my Dad's life.

On behalf of our family,

Sandy

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP we are lessor today on the Campfire
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
R.I.P. Bigbuck215.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
We have lost a truly fine man and campfire friend. May God bless him and keep him close.
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP......... frown
Posted By: krp Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
See ya later Ivan... an admirable man I was honored to call friend.

Kent
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
That man was a fighter and I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.
Posted By: bhemry Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
...I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.

+1 R.I.P.
Posted By: efw Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That man was a fighter and I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.

Well said; Ivan was a good man and I am grateful that I'll get to sing beside him around the throne one day.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Condolences to his family and friends. ..RIP
Posted By: EdM Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Indeed...
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
I can't recall Ivan ever being rude or disrespectful on here and lord knows how hard that can be. That alone is a testament to a good man. He's smiling down on us from a spot where every meadow hears the elk bugle and Bigbucks run free.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Godspeed Ivan, You are no longer in pain and are now walking with Jesus.

God Bless Ivan's Family and Friends.

Gunner
Posted By: LBP Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP Ivan. Prayers sent for family and friends.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Sad news for us. He went many heavyweight rounds. God bless his memory to us all. And, God's peace to his family.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Ya know, for a guy who was 5 ft 6, it was easy to look at Ivan and see a man 10 feet tall.

This nation was made great by humble hard working men of faith and belief in God and this nation,
Men that I admire, and Ivan certainly was representative of that,

He had many friends here on the campfire, especially those who were honored to meet and share a campfire
in real life with him at Roosevelt Lake. Around Ivan, it was hard to feel bad about much of anything.

He carried an uplifting personality, that also had one looking at the good in the world around us, in today's world
we spend most of our time complaining about and speaking of days bygone we miss so much.

Ivan could tell you of his life's experiences, of days goneby and still make you feel and see the good still in the world.

A man who did a lot in his life, and whose stories you could listen to like grandpa use to tell ya....he'd talk and I'd
feel 10 years old again, sitting on a coke crate listening to the old men telling stories of their lives. I especially loved
when he would talk about being a diesel mechanic in Colorado, and decided to move into a drivers slot when the
company desperately needed one. They had him drive the only diesel truck they had with no Turbo on it. You had to
laugh at how Ivan described it as bringing the concept of slow to a whole new dimension, pushing it up a hill dragging
a heavy trailer behind it. Ivan described that as a pinnacle example of time on your hands.

Many of us also will remember, being elderly didn't mean you couldn't outshoot all the younger old guys either.
Ivan proved that multiple times at our get togethers in Arizona.

Those who knew him, I am sure I can speak for all of us, when I say we were truly blessed to know such a man
as Ivan.

I am glad he has gone home to his just reward, but it still doesn't negate that I have this big empty spot inside me
upon hearing Sandy's news. I've met and known a lot of men I've gained a lot of respect for in my lifetime, but Ivan
if you're up there listening, I can't think of any at the immediate moment I held in higher esteem than I do for you.

Dear Lord, one of America's finest is on his way to your gate. Let him know his friends down here Love and Respect
him. You'll get to experience the joy he is to be around.

Ivan, thank you for all the good experiences and friendship you gave to me, I'm not worthy, but I certainly am blessed
for your gift of it. via Con Dios my Friend!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Sorry to hear.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
R.I.P. You fought a great fight. Would of liked to have met you.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
I will never forget the kindness that Ivan showed me by reaching out to me when my wife was diagnosed with cancer. The Ivan that I new was a strong and kind man, I will miss our conversations.

RIP Ivan, you made a great deal of difference in many lives, See you on the other side my friend.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Sure hat to hear that!

It's everyone's loss.
Posted By: SKane Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
frown

Godspeed Ivan.
Cancer may have claimed him but, damn, he was a battler. And an inspiration.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
The Fire is a lesser place with Ivan's passing. Those of us left to carry the torch will miss him very much. Why does it seem the good ones always go way too soon? Godspeed Ivan, and Rest In Peace.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Ivan will be greatly missed
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Godspeed, Sir.
Posted By: CP Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Sandy, please accept my heartfelt condolences. CP.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
I am saddened.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Dam RIP Sir!
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP, cancer sucks.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
I hate to hear that. Bigbuck was a good guy to talk with.

We didn't talk a lot, but we had some good conversations about how he used to run up and down the rocky mountains in an old military Jeep.

My guess is that today, he's happy to be shed of that old human body. Past a certain point they get to be a burden.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
So sorry to hear of his passing. May God bless and keep his family during the rough days ahead.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way for the family and friends.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17

RIP Ivan, may the Lord protect and comfort your family and loved ones.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
My condolences.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
RIP we are lessor today on the Campfire

Yes, we are. May he RIP!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
Godspeed to you, Ivan!

Condolences to those left behind.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP Ivan.

Another good one gone.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
He sure struck me as a good guy. He kicked ass on cancer as long as he could.

I'd love to read the man's bio in his obit. Anyone have it? He was of WWII vintage.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/11/17
RIP Ivan, When I saw the thread title I was worried that it would be one ofthese threads... We lost a good one today. At least he is now whole and where he belongs..
Posted By: kingston Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
God speed to you Ivan, we are less without you.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Godspeed Ivan.

I long remember this photo he posted many years ago, wondering if the cowboy just turned his horse loose and walked off. I'm hoping that is what happened on June 10th.

The end of the trail.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Sorry to hear this.

Prayers are forthcoming.
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
My condolences

Prayers sent
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Ivan was an inspiration to all here. God's peace to the family.
Posted By: okie Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Godspeed Ivan.

I long remember this photo he posted many years ago, wondering if the cowboy just turned his horse loose and walked off. I'm hoping that is what happened on June 10th.

The end of the trail.

[Linked Image]

I would like to think he got on his horse and rode off, leaving all the other nonsense behind...Gospeed
Posted By: hanco Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Sorry for your loss
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Death is so final, but a part of living. we welcome grandchildren, knowing they to will leave the earth. May he rest in the arms of Our Lord.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Thank you all so very much for your thoughtful words of encouragement. I understand just a bit more clearly now why my dad spent hours at his computer viewing this Forum. I am grateful that my dad had such a group to interact with!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Don't be a stranger, nice folks like to talk with nice folks. Speaking for all, if I may, again express sorrow.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Bigbuck215: Just heard - sorry to hear of his passing and for your loss.
Stay strong and remember the good times.
May he rest in peace.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: specialK Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Rest in peace Sir. Always enjoyed your posts.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Goobye BB215. You will be missed, RIP.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Originally Posted by specialK
Rest in peace Sir. Always enjoyed your posts.

plus 1
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Amen.

Ed
Posted By: Partsman Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Thank you all so very much for your thoughtful words of encouragement. I understand just a bit more clearly now why my dad spent hours at his computer viewing this Forum. I am grateful that my dad had such a group to interact with!

Some of us, especially us canucks. whistle
We were his favourite. grin
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Ivan, prayers for the family. He is a loss to our family.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
RIP BigBuck.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Farewell Sir.
I enjoyed your time here at the fire and envied your Cody Wyoming residence more than you could know.
Hope all of your bucks are bigger than 215.
You were polite, courteous and a true wealth of knowledge.
Prayers to your loved ones in this painful time of loss.

Hope I can watch the Cody Night Rodeo someday with you calling the action some summer's night in the future.

Rest well amigo....you did well.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
'Bye for the time being, Ivan - 'twas a pleasure and honor to enjoy your presence here. Rest well - see you again before long.

My condolences to Ivan's lovely family.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Condolences.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
RIP Bigbuck, and condolences to his loved ones.
Posted By: Owl Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Goodbye my dear friend. Sandy, yes, your father was a great man and very well thought of here on the campfire. Great men like Ivan Clark Rumsey are few and far between. A gentleman, a husband, a father, . I'm sure that there has been a great reunion with his beloved Hildegard greeting him. Condolences to the family.
Posted By: Owl Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Ivan's last post a few week's ago

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Faith in The Lord Jesus Christ, and that, is a gift

Yes! that is the very best!!!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
R.I.P. Bigbuck215.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
RIP Ivan.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
RIP Prayer's sent..
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
RIP Ivan. You will be missed. I will pray for comfort and strength for the family.

Jim
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Sorry for your loss. R.I.P.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
I enjoyed corresponding with Bigbuck.
He will be missed.
Strength to the family.
Slave
Posted By: RickyD Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

+ a bunch!
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Rest in peace, sir.
Posted By: Simoneaud Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Rest in the Lords hands. The campfire keeps losing GOOD members.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
The world is a little less sweeter with Ivan gone, but I know that he is at peace now, and that he is with the Good Lord, and the one person he so longed to be with, his Wife.

Condolences to his family, and prayers for strength and comfort, from myself, Margaret, and Quinn.

Lynn
Posted By: rost495 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/12/17
Thoughts prayers and condolences to family and friends. We are diminished.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/13/17
Bump so no one gets missed.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Bigbuck 215 - 06/13/17
Thanks Paul.

RIP good sir. You were always a gentleman.
Here's to a life well lived.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Bigbuck 215 - 11/09/17
I was off -line doing some springtime hog hunting , then got hurt - and missed this post .

Rest in peace Ivan , as many said you were a fighter Sir .

Something in the back of my mind got me wondering about Bigbuck215 , just now found the bad news .

Late condolences to the Family , see you on the other side Ivan you are missed here at the fire' .

Mike
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Bigbuck 215 - 11/09/17
No doubt Ivan will make the happy hunting grounds.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Bigbuck 215 - 11/09/17
Originally Posted by watch4bear
No doubt Ivan will make the happy hunting grounds.

yep
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Bigbuck 215 - 11/09/17
RIP Bigbuck 215. Belated condolences.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Bigbuck 215 - 11/09/17
Really enjoyed having him around. He was a good dude.
© 24hourcampfire