Home
Skip to 0:43 to skip the intro.

The woman's speech & mannerisms make me think of a Stepford Wife.
Who is the a-hole in the funny pants?
Jim
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
The woman's speech & mannerisms make me think of a Stepford Wife.

Or Nurse Ratched.

"Medication time ... it's medication time."

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Barkoff Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/15/17
As much as I agree with the old dude's message, his delivery could use work.
Posted By: benchman Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/15/17
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I think it was just fine. Being nice hasn't worked at all. Call them out for what they are. She's calling him aggressive in one breath, and advocating killing somebody she disagrees with, in the next breath. I'd say that's damn aggressive.
Or what, m effer? Or what?

Old dude didn't back down!

P
Originally Posted by benchman

I think it was just fine. Being nice hasn't worked at all. Call them out for what they are. She's calling him aggressive in one breath, and advocating killing somebody she disagrees with, in the next breath. I'd say that's damn aggressive.

Passive-aggressive.

Amen.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Passive-aggressive.

No such thing. Akin to reverse racism. It either is, or isnt. Advocating murder, is aggressive. Doesn't matter if you speak softly, as you support it.

People do not respect unbalanced. He can be forceful, he can be adamant, but when I listen to a guy and agree with everything he is saying, but still think he has a screw loose?.. there is a problem with his delivery.

People do not respect unbalanced. He can be forceful, he can be adamant, but when I listen to a guy and agree with everything he is saying, but still think he has a screw loose?.. there is a problem with his delivery.

Not in my mind. You are entitled to your opinion.

Not in my mind. You are entitled to your opinion.

Well, when you interrupt and yell, I think you would be better served to let them speak their piece, then tear them up with a better argument. He had a chance to make the gal think a little, she seemed open to hear him out, but he shut her down by interrupting and shouting, he might have felt better, but he missed an oppertunity.
Posted By: ronc Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/15/17
All 3 are stupid [bleep].
Posted By: lvmiker Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
A clutch of losers. That old fart is an embarassment to thinking people. He sought out confrontation and was as dependent as the snowflakes on thinking that he was immune to any painful consequences. He invited a larger stronger opponent in to his space w/out realizing that he had surrendered his options by not believing that words can have consequences. Dominant positioning is a skill worth learning if you choose to be a confrontational loudmouth.

All mouth, no muscle, little mind. Let's guess his campfire handle....mine doesn't count.

mike r
Posted By: ronc Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
How do you know who sought out who?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
It was pretty easy. I watched the video from the beginning.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
It was pretty easy. I watched the video from the beginning.

mike r

Did you listen to the words too ?
Posted By: 325Abn Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
While the old guy may have been right - regardless of the topic - if he was insulting my wife in the process I knock his phouking dentures down his throat.
Posted By: kingston Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
Where's that guy who posts how every thread is the dumbest thread he's ever seen?
Gotta hand it to her, she has a bigger pair than the want to be bully she was with. She did stand her ground, the "galoot" tried intimidation, and got scared himself. She was well practiced in the calm quite methods of debate, self control is key. Too bad she knows so much that she can't learn, hate folk light that.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
"All mouth, no muscle, little mind. Let's guess his campfire handle....mine doesn't count."

Out loud I laughed! smile
Originally Posted by 325Abn
While the old guy may have been right - regardless of the topic - if he was insulting my wife in the process I knock his phouking dentures down his throat.

Even if your wife was doing the insulting ?
Posted By: benchman Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Gotta hand it to her, she has a bigger pair than the want to be bully she was with. She did stand her ground, the "galoot" tried intimidation, and got scared himself. She was well practiced in the calm quite methods of debate, self control is key. Too bad she knows so much that she can't learn, hate folk light that.

Condescension is a debate tactic, but it is meant to demean and lead to anger. Not nice. She feels all superior, but she escalated. He was supposed to lay back and play HER game. He did not allow her to set the parameters.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17

Condescension is a debate tactic, but it is meant to demean and lead to anger. Not nice. She feels all superior, but she escalated. He was supposed to lay back and play HER game. He did not allow her to set the parameters.

You don't know liberals well...she had no idea she was being condescending, she really believes conservatives have inferior minds, thus you must talk to them as such...to damned bad this guy fit the bill instead of adjusting her attitude. .

You don't know liberals well...she had no idea she was being condescending, she really believes conservatives have inferior minds, thus you must talk to them as such...to damned bad this guy fit the bill instead of adjusting her attitude. .

I disagree. I know liberals very well. I stand by my conclusion.
Posted By: kellory Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
Whether or not he has the right of it, screaming expletives into my wife's face like he did her's, would earn him a thorough beating. (And if she declined, I might do it myself.)
Don't start one won't be none. Did i miss the part the 2 libtards are married ?
Good to see someone on the right that is willing to duke it out with the filth on the left. Most seem to run for cover when the other side raises their voices. Our side is content to write our congressman.
Posted By: victoro Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
Originally Posted by kellory
Whether or not he has the right of it, screaming expletives into my wife's face like he did her's, would earn him a thorough beating. (And if she declined, I might do it myself.)

I don't believe you could give this old guy a beating but if you did because you didn't like what he said you should go to jail for assault. A better result was if he pulled his concealed pistol and shot you in self defense. Don't under estimate the ability of on old guy to defend himself.
Originally Posted by victoro

I don't believe you could give this old guy a beating but if you did because you didn't like what he said you should go to jail for assault. A better result was if he pulled his concealed pistol and shot you in self defense. Don't under estimate the ability of an old guy to defend himself.

Hear hear. Remember, the old man was merely standing at the station he had set up for expressing his views to any who wished to hear them. The big galoot and the woman chose to enter his space and converse with him. What the galoot should have done was pick his woman up by the waist and carry her away.
If he is in a public place with his stand, he is subject to the same rules of conduct as anyone else. His speech went well beyond what is legally permissible as "free speech" . He breached that line several times.

"In Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (1942), the Supreme Court held that speech is unprotected if it constitutes "fighting words".[27] Fighting words, as defined by the Court, is speech that "tend[s] to incite an immediate breach of the peace" by provoking a fight, so long as it is a "personally abusive [word] which, when addressed to the ordinary citizen, is, as a matter of common knowledge, inherently likely to provoke a violent reaction".[28] Additionally, such speech must be "directed to the person of the hearer" and is "thus likely to be seen as a 'direct personal insult'".[29][30]

One legal commentator has suggested that, along with fighting words, speech might be unprotected if the speaker intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly inflicts severe emotional distress.[31] However, the United States Supreme Court has not implemented such an exception, and even if it does, the exception would be probably be limited to private figures. The Court held in Hustler v. Falwell (1988) that satire which could be seen as offensive to a "public figure" is fully protected.[32] Such speech is rooted in a historical protection of political satire.[33] A notable example of a case involving offensive speech was the Court's decision in Texas v. Johnson (1989), which struck down a law criminalizing flag burning in Texas.[34]

Threats of violence that are directed at a person or group of persons that has the intent of placing the target at risk of bodily harm or death are generally unprotected.[35] However, there are several exceptions. For example, the Supreme Court has held that "threats may not be punished if a reasonable person would understand them as obvious hyperbole", he writes.[36][37] Additionally, threats of "social ostracism" and of "politically motivated boycotts" are constitutionally protected.[38] However, sometimes even political speech can be a threat, and thus becomes unprotected.[39]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
If he is in a public place with his stand, he is subject to the same rules of conduct as anyone else. His speech went well beyond what is legally permissible as "free speech" . He breached that line several times.

"In Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (1942), the Supreme Court held that speech is unprotected if it constitutes "fighting words".[27] Fighting words, as defined by the Court, is speech that "tend[s] to incite an immediate breach of the peace" by provoking a fight, so long as it is a "personally abusive [word] which, when addressed to the ordinary citizen, is, as a matter of common knowledge, inherently likely to provoke a violent reaction".[28] Additionally, such speech must be "directed to the person of the hearer" and is "thus likely to be seen as a 'direct personal insult'".[29][30]

One legal commentator has suggested that, along with fighting words, speech might be unprotected if the speaker intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly inflicts severe emotional distress.[31] However, the United States Supreme Court has not implemented such an exception, and even if it does, the exception would be probably be limited to private figures. The Court held in Hustler v. Falwell (1988) that satire which could be seen as offensive to a "public figure" is fully protected.[32] Such speech is rooted in a historical protection of political satire.[33] A notable example of a case involving offensive speech was the Court's decision in Texas v. Johnson (1989), which struck down a law criminalizing flag burning in Texas.[34]

Threats of violence that are directed at a person or group of persons that has the intent of placing the target at risk of bodily harm or death are generally unprotected.[35] However, there are several exceptions. For example, the Supreme Court has held that "threats may not be punished if a reasonable person would understand them as obvious hyperbole", he writes.[36][37] Additionally, threats of "social ostracism" and of "politically motivated boycotts" are constitutionally protected.[38] However, sometimes even political speech can be a threat, and thus becomes unprotected.[39]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
Who came into whose space? The old guy didn't follow them around, nor enter their space to converse with them. It was the other way around.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17
Wish that old guy would have stroked that metro foreign pos girly man.
If he is in a public place, it isn't his space, now is it? Ask a lawyer if that would make any difference. Verbal assault, is still assault. The expletives and personal attacks, are not covered by free speech in the same manner as political opinions. Free speech does have limits, such as yelling fire in a theater. There are consequences for actions, and many of them such as "fighting words" and predictable trigger words such as " the N word" are not covered as free speech. (Talk with a lawyer or judge for any legal advice of course).
Screaming expletives in my wife's face, would be well over that line.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17

I don't believe you could give this old guy a beating but if you did because you didn't like what he said you should go to jail for assault. A better result was if he pulled his concealed pistol and shot you in self defense. Don't under estimate the ability of on old guy to defend himself.

You did notice that after tuff guy got in his face, he quietly grabbed his Walking Stick. My guess is he knows how to use it as well.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/16/17

LOL, so you think your wife is some kind of special and allowed condone the killing of other Americans under your protection because they differ with her?

Maybe you should take your wife aside and tell he shut the [bleep] up and respect the constitution before you beat the fucjout of her liberal ass yourself.
If he is in a public place, it isn't his space, now is it? Ask a lawyer if that would make any difference. Verbal assault, is still assault. The expletives and personal attacks, are not covered by free speech in the same manner as political opinions. Free speech does have limits, such as yelling fire in a theater. There are consequences for actions, and many of them such as "fighting words" and predictable trigger words such as " the N word" are not covered as free speech. (Talk with a lawyer or judge for any legal advice of course).

She could have walked away, thus ,ending the confrontation. He did not pursue her, she kept coming back. I think it would be a,stretch to charge him with verbal assault, ESPECIALLY since the galoot was to one who threatened physical confrontation. In his defense, the galoot understood the woman's annoying mouth, was very likely to get one of the men (not the agressor-the woman) punched in the nose. She wouldn't just STOP, and move on. You can't forget she was actually advocating murdering somebody.
If he is in a public place, it isn't his space, now is it? Ask a lawyer if that would make any difference.

A lawyer will tell you it does. It's called his personal space if he has a right to be there. Others who invade it are at a legal disadvantage with regard to the issue of who was in the right and the wrong with regard to provocative behavior, such as suggesting that people like the old man should be killed for exercising their right of free speech.
There's nothing in your long winded post that says it's legal to assault someone because you're offended by what they say.
"Free speech does have limits, such as yelling fire in a theater." What if the theatre is on fire?
"Free speech does have limits, such as yelling fire in a theater." What if the theatre is on fire?

That's the most misused quote of the century. There are no limits to free speech under the First Amendment. When you arrest someone for shouting FIRE in a crowded theater, you're not arresting for speech, but for a course of action calculated to bring about harm. It isn't the speech that's being punished by the law, but carrying out the objective of causing harm to others. It's the same as "Stick 'em up" isn't merely speech when it's paired with pointing a gun at someone, followed by a demand for money. That's not a limit on speech, since in any non-criminal context, you're perfectly free to say "stick 'em up" or shout "fire." It's a crime that's being punished by the law, not the speech, and a crime requires both mens rea and actus reus. The actus reus is shouting fire, but the mens raa is the objective of causing a panicked rush for the doors.

As soon as the big tough guy chest bumped the old guy he invaded the old guys space AND committed a physical assault! At that point the old man had the right to knock him on his ass and I wish he would have. I hate bullies and especially liberal bullies.
Originally Posted by steve4102

LOL, so you think your wife is some kind of special and allowed condone the killing of other Americans under your protection because they differ with her?

Maybe you should take your wife aside and tell he shut the [bleep] up and respect the constitution before you beat the fucjout of her liberal ass yourself.

In truth, I'm likely more of a conservative than you are. I actually took one for the team, and married into a liberal family. I KNOW from long discussions with liberals that they shut down thinking when it gets heated. They are emotion based, not reason based. Screaming at them actually works against you. (I know, I have felt like bashing my own head against a wall a few times.)
Politics aside, I'm talking about behavior, not political ideology. His behavior, not what he says, is the issue. He is clearly looking for a fight. I agree with his stance on the issues, but he has no tact, no manners, and no chance of making his point. It might make him feel better, but it can't do any good. Liberals stop thinking when it gets aggressive.
I can only go by Ohio law since I'm here and if I encountered him it would be here. But if he was packing heat and used it even as a display, he would be doing time. Ohio lost "stand your ground" at the polls a few years ago. He would have the legal obligation to withdrawl if possible. Pulling a gun in a fist fight would be escalating from non-lethal to lethal, again he would be doing time. Even showing the gun as a deterrent could be cited as brandishing. And if the stick is used as a weapon, (sticks and rocks WERE the first lethal weapons) it might even allow for the larger guy to pull his own weapon if he had one, because he would be matching lethal to lethal.force.
I haven't said a word about the politics involved, other than I'm on his side. But his behavior, his delivery is flat out wrong. It is "fighting words" and screaming expletives, and personal attacks from start to finish, and incites a violent response. He needs to control his passions better than he is, or he will find the fight he is looking for.
As for the wife (who you choose to slander) she is a liberal, and as a liberal she has made poor choices over the last 23 years (she said yes to me) and voted for Bill clinton, and obumner. (I counter every vote she makes, so zero sum gain) and I do work to convert her and her family with some small sucess. She did not vote Hillary as she first intended, and I talked her out of sanders as well. She would not come all the way over to join me at Trump, but she did waste her vote on Johnson. (Trump's pussy grabbing comments made that vote impossible.)
Would I defend her if someone got physical during a discussion? Yes, I would.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/17/17

As soon as the big tough guy chest bumped the old guy he invaded the old guys space AND committed a physical assault! At that point the old man had the right to knock him on his ass and I wish he would have. I hate bullies and especially liberal bullies.

Glad to see that's how it works in Tejas Victoro, same here in Okiehoma, I wont wait for a chest bump, I see someone coming in on a committed charge, I'll meet em about 3 ft out before they get to close with a fresh delivered knuckle sammich, jimmy johns ain't that fast. grin
Posted By: lvmiker Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/18/17
Gunner gets it, again. Old guy screwed up when he let fat guy into his space. If they can touch you they can hurt you.

mike r
Posted By: StrayDog Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/18/17
The old guy stood his ground, but his style is not a successful sell either. I'm glad he is not selling gun rights.
Posted By: victoro Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/18/17
"Glad to see that's how it works in Tejas Victoro, same here in Okiehoma, I wont wait for a chest bump, I see someone coming in on a committed charge, I'll meet em about 3 ft out before they get to close with a fresh delivered knuckle sammich, jimmy johns ain't that fast. grin"

I told all 3 of my Grandsons that they have the right to defend themselves and if they are ever in a situation where they feel threatened don't wait for the other guy to throw the first punch. The school policy is to suspend both kids if they gets in a fight no matter who starts it. I told them it's better to be suspended a few days instead of getting beat up. My 14 year Grandson followed my advice twice in the 8th grade. The first time was with a big black kid on his football team. The black kid thought it was fun thing to walk up punch the white kids in the upper arm when they weren't looking. This kid punched my Grandson in the left arm at practice and my Grandson used his right hand to knock him on his ass. The coach winked at him and said "Do you want to go see the principal?" The second time one of the big black kid on his basketball team got in his face talking trash in the hallway and my Grandson told him to get out of his face. The black kid pushed back instead so my Grandson let go with a right cross to the jaw and knocked the kid down. That ended the confrontation and none of the black kids ever messed with him again. I have to give credit to my Son for giving him the same advise.
As the Bible says, "Do unto others before they do unto you". If not the Bible, I know someone besides me has said it. wink
Posted By: colodog Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/18/17
Nitwits all around.

Old guy comes across as an angry old man, not the voice of reason.
He makes it easy for the woman to hold onto her opinion without thinking about any other viewpoint. He Lost!

The woman feels safe and right because she feels she has the "Moral high ground".
Sadly, she didn't hear any compelling information from an opposing viewpoint, just a cranky Old Guy. She lost too...

The Euro boyfriend already left his nuts in the woman's purse but he didn't hit the Old guy(assault) good choice. Still a Loser.

What was the point,
Pick a fight?
Show what a hard azz the old guy is ?

He missed an opportunity to make the liberal gal think though...
Posted By: benchman Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/18/17
Originally Posted by colodog
Nitwits all around.

He makes it easy for the woman to hold onto her opinion without thinking about any other viewpoint. He Lost!

The woman feels safe and right because she feels she has the "Moral high ground".
Sadly, she didn't hear any compelling information from an opposing viewpoint, just a cranky Old Guy. She lost too...

The Euro boyfriend already left his nuts in the woman's purse but he didn't hit the Old guy(assault) good choice. Still a Loser.

What was the point,
Pick a fight?

You really think you will change a liberals mind, by any means? There is no logical thought process.
Posted By: colodog Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17
Nitwits all around.

What was the point,
Pick a fight?

You really think you will change a liberals mind, by any means? There is no logical thought process.

I think there's a lot of people that are closer to the middle, than there are people on polar opposite ends of the discussion.
If the best we've got is shouting down everyone that disagrees with us, how do we convince the people that are on the fence or are curious about other views?

I've never been convinced of the reasonableness of an opposing view when I'm being yelled at. YMMV
Posted By: Pat85 Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17

I think there's a lot of people that are closer to the middle, than there are people on polar opposite ends of the discussion.

I doubt there are many people sitting on middle ground scratching their heads wondering if they would be better off with government controlling every aspect of their lives or having the freedom and the opportunity to chose their own path. That bitch hates the America that old timer grew up in, he knows it and isn't going to waste his time trying to gain her respect.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17
The only people in the 'middle' are idiots.

You know, that group of undecided voters you see every 4 years on ABC and every week on the back of a bus licking the window.
Posted By: Ringman Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17
Nitwits all around.

What was the point,
Pick a fight?

If the best we've got is shouting down everyone that disagrees with us, how do we convince the people that are on the fence or are curious about other views?

I've never been convinced of the reasonableness of an opposing view when I'm being yelled at. YMMV

You sound like you are in the middle waiting for someone to show you you are wrong. Get off the fence.
Posted By: hookeye Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17
Did that lady vent enough frustration on the old guy..............or is she gonna get the strap on and punish her husband?
Posted By: hookeye Re: This Old Guy Is Awesome! - 06/19/17
The people in the "middle" are worried about their paycheck or their gay kid.....or their gay kid's paycheck (can sub paycheck for gov subsidy)
Originally Posted by Pat85

I doubt there are many people sitting on middle ground scratching their heads wondering if they would be better off with government controlling every aspect of their lives or having the freedom and the opportunity to chose their own path. That bitch hates the America that old timer grew up in, he knows it and isn't going to waste his time trying to gain her respect.

Bingo!!
© 24hourcampfire