Home
One of the Best blues songs ever!

Geno
Like yesterday's Jethro thread, can we keep this one stuck on ZZ please. Of course this is the 'fire, so all bets are off.

Not PC, especially by today's standards!

Geno
Okidoki

KuiLei, thanks for the contribution,

Now another not so politically correct one. This Blackbird might not even fly today if a band was to try to release it:

Geno
man o man ! were we all ever that young?
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Yes!!! Unfortunately "were we" is the operative word. No longer, except at heart.

Evolution of the ZZ:

Geno
Thanks for posting this thread. I'm a little young to have enjoyed these guys (and JT) in their prime but it's what I came of age listening to. Eliminator was my first concert.
my uncle is friends with those guys.
Good stuff. I always liked their music. (ZZ-Top)
Originally Posted by deerstalker

I know, where did the years go?
Fill the cooler, chuck some meat in the smoker, and listen to this stuff all day... time well spent!
Good s++t there stripe, thanks.

Geno
I have that first album and it is one of there best!
Yep, I have that First Album too, along with a couple of other vinyls and tapes. Maybe even one of them newfangled CD's?

Geno
I've heard of them. ~1971 I walked into a dive off the Jacksboro highway in Wichita Falls. There was a three man band playing and guess who it was.....
My all time favorite group seen um 3 times
My Fav

i have 10th row center tickets to see them at a little theater near me in november. can't wait. saw them first for the deguello tour and then again in the early 90's. still got the deguello concert tee. however a large ain't cuttin' it these days. lot more err, uhh muscle these days.
You guys remember when the Top "remastered" their entire early catalog back in the 90's? Echo, reverb, drum machines, different vocals, etc. Everything sounded like "Eliminator". Freaking Horrible. eek
always liked this one

maybe cause we ate them as a kid
Billy Gibbons is the schitt!
!
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
You guys remember when the Top "remastered" their entire early catalog back in the 90's? Echo, reverb, drum machines, different vocals, etc. Everything sounded like "Eliminator". Freaking Horrible. eek

yes mad mad mad

Geno
Originally Posted by JRaw
. Eliminator was my first concert.
Ditto... Circa '85 in Murderaplis... I was hooked.. Now been to about a half-dozen of their concerts... Billy can PLAY some blues for SHO... laugh

Probably the best thing Texas has ever produced.

Seen 'em live twice in the 80's and they do put on a good show.

Originally Posted by Redneck
Billy can PLAY some blues for SHO... laugh

One of my favorite blues guitar men.
© 24hourcampfire