Home
Posted By: SamOlson Speaking of white trash..... - 06/22/17
You know you've officially made it in life when......

[Linked Image]
Any time I find a new vertical surface I put a bottle opener up.
Sam!, I did not know barbed wire was ever that shiny.
good stuff...
just cant drink beer anymore. so no bottle openers around much.... doesn't take much to pull the cork on Bulleit the few times a year I do have a sip or two. In the day we'd have had an opener probably like that too. I recall one on a big red 3 wheeler...
White trash also do not buy beer they can't pronounce.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Pfft...that Stella Artist makes a decent beer.
laughing

I don't what is but the skunk beer agrees with my belly and palate.

Years and years of that fuuckin' Bud Light poisoned my system and I can't even eat white bread or pasta anymore.

I hate that Stella and Heineken are brewed by the Euro phags but they are about the only beers that doesn't give me the chits.

Something to be said for barley, hops, water and nothing else.
I'm setting here drinking a PBR and eating pork rinds.....how's that for white trash.
That's not a bad combo Charlie!

I'm a Frito man myself. The new jalapeno version are quite delicious....
Originally Posted by SamOlson
laughing

It tastes skunky because it's stale. Green bottles let beer go stale quickly.
Folgers coffee aint the best, but the cans are the best for packing around staples and clips.

I just ordered another one to go on the mail box post.
laughing

Years and years of that fuuckin' Bud Light poisoned my system and I can't even eat white bread or pasta anymore.

I hate that Stella and Heineken are brewed by the Euro phags but they are about the only beers that doesn't give me the chits.

Something to be said for barley, hops, water and nothing else.

I sereiously doubt that Stella and Heinie are brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot laws.
Since it quit raining I had to switch to PBR to save money.

If it doesn't rain soon I will have to switch to Milwaukee's Best.
Put that in the wIn column
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm setting here drinking a PBR and eating pork rinds.....how's that for white trash.

But you are doing it in Central Idaho, in God's Country, so you are so much better off than 99.9% of the world's population and they don't even know it!

Which of course is a good thing.
Where is the whiskey bottle?
I like Fritos and bean dip.

I also like to bring up the fact that I drink Pabst......it drives Mathman up the wall.

I'm about half way through a Sampler pack from Alaskan Brewing Co. They've got a couple of really good Ale's in there. Their IPA's not bad either.

Can't drink those green bottled beers though but if you like em more power to ya..
How many miles/bottle does she get?

Mike
Posted By: 700LH Re: Speaking of white trash..... - 06/23/17
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

But you are doing it in Central Idaho, in God's Country, so you are so much better off than 99.9% of the world's population and they don't even know it!

Shhhhhhh! smile
That's not a bad combo Charlie!

I'm a Frito man myself. The new jalapeno version are quite delicious....

girl at work just showed me a bulletin where they recalled Frito jalapeno chips due to Salmonella. I just glanced at it, that's all I know Sammo.
[Linked Image]
Upper class white trash!!!
I didn't know they even made PBR anymore. I was like a buck a six pack in the late '60's, early '70's which was great for a college student at the time.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Since it quit raining I had to switch to PBR to save money.

If it doesn't rain soon I will have to switch to Milwaukee's Best.

Yikes

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

wink
You do have an uber sweet view.....
Nothing wrong with that Sam. Still drinking MGD here. End of summer I'm gonna step up and treat myself to some good stout to make myself feel less trashy. Maybe even some Guinness. Ha.
Some of the best beer ever made was Quik Trip Light.
Posted By: Steve Re: Speaking of white trash..... - 06/23/17

Oh!
I am admittedly a beer snob usually of the IPA variety but there is always atleast a 6 pack of PBR tall boys in the beer fridge. Currently on a Georgetown Brewing Lucille IPA kick. Great shccitt it is indeed
Field Grade...as a matter of fact, I'm having fritos, bean dip, and bud light as we speak. I'll likely wash it all down with Copenhagen.
You do have an uber sweet view.....

Thanks.....I like it.

It's especially nice in the spring but we're heating up and the rains are slowing so things will turn brown pretty soon.

My buddy over in WY calls it my mountain hideaway.

Geno from this site paid me a visit a few weeks ago, he says it's the ideal zero maintenance retirement home.

I just call my shack over looking the river.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Field Grade...as a matter of fact, I'm having fritos, bean dip, and bud light as we speak. I'll likely wash it all down with Copenhagen.

You're a man of impeccable taste in snack foods but you need some work on your choice of beverages. smile
Let me know when premium beer in a cans arrives in TN.

That deserves Pulitzer consideration for online journalism.

That only leaves one or two brands.....
Originally Posted by battue

That deserves Pulitzer consideration for online journalism.

Agreed.......BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

It's a quarter mile to my mail box.......a fella can get thirsty.
Had a few Kokanees riding around checking cows tonight over here in East Glacier. Hate to hear about your guys' drought over there east. Talked with the fella that owns the Garfield in Jordan and he said a couple more days and the sale barn was gonna get busy. Grass is 3' tall and the 'squitos are thick over here. The Res buffalo herd is something to see in that grass.
Posted By: EdM Re: Speaking of white trash..... - 06/23/17
My wife's maiden name is Dazey so we have a pretty healthy collection of Dazey products with at least a dozen butter churns. With the collection we have at both homes the bottle openers that catch the cap once popped. They have seen Hamms beer...
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I didn't know they even made PBR anymore. I was like a buck a six pack in the late '60's, early '70's which was great for a college student at the time.

PBR is good schitt compared to most of the popular national brands. I'd certainly choose it over the Crudweiser family of swill.

Between it and Coors, it depends on my mood. Otherwise I'd have to flip a coin.

.PBR Official Website

That is funny right there.......
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dukxdog
[Linked Image]

Is that a Jorge inspired bottle opener?
Posted By: tzone Re: Speaking of white trash..... - 06/23/17
You need the fancy Stella glass to go with it.
[Linked Image]

Damn that is excellent.
Coors Original, Corona when I'm feeling "high class" -

unless someone else is buying, that is. smile
Shiner Bock when I feel like splurging a little bit.
I have one! smile

You're a man of impeccable taste in snack foods but you need some work on your choice of beverages. smile

Pabst would be an upgrade.
Originally Posted by navlav8r

In 1980, we were buying PBR 16oz. for $2.19 a 6 pack. We drank a lot of PBR that year.
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Man, that's bad. How far has "high class" fallen?
I have a bottle opener that when you pop the cap, the bottle opener says, "AAAHHH Yea".
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Man, that's bad. How far has "high class" fallen?

I think it was Madmooner that said "Mexico may not produce the worst beer in the world but it's not for a lack of trying".
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Speaking of white trash..... - 06/23/17
I thought everyone had a bottle opener attached to the frame of their back door.

I like too see how deep the caps get in the vicinity before my wife starts to complain!

lmao

No doubt with a couple of white trash huntin' dogs at your feet too. Or more likely buggin you for a chicharon.

I was traveling back and forth to our "southern" place (CA is south of WA, right?) this past week and missed this thread.

Sam, are you a "cooler snob"? A Yeti opener and you consider yourself white trash? Coleman or Igloo products are the highest you can go and still be considered a member or the WT fraternity. Next thing we know, you'll be calling yourself "Biff" and trading the ranch in for "Muffy". Or maybe worse, wearing a man bun eek . REAL white trash woulda went and stole one from someone else's mail box post (or off'n their back porch). Or used the side of the tailgate hinge.

Steelhead, if the white trash in question is of Belgian descent can they drink beer the rest of the WT's can't pronounce? confused

Geno

PS, Charlie really does have quite the retirement place going there. And he knows how to enjoy it too.
As usual currently too buzzed to pay attention.....

So responding to Geno only and GFY everyone else.

Geno, I have been using a Rtic 20 softside for the last month.

Stainless water bottles and ice pacs, and it also doubles as a sealed case for the UTV.

Today I had a 32 oz bottle and bino's and camera in it. Drier than hell here and the gravel roads are beyond dusty so it's nice to have big ass man purse....
Cool Sam,

When I replace my "El Cheapo" brand one that rides on the seat of my pickup I'll look into one of those (sure is a spendy bit tho). According to their website info, it keeps ice up to five days. I usually freeze and 1/2 gallon re-used milk bottle of water and it goes in with the cans and food for my traveling use. But it never keeps anything for up to 5 days.

If it seals well and keeps the dust out of the optics, so much the better.

And us white trashers don't give a flyin' you know what about what folks think of our man purses.

Hope you enjoyed your day. Currently about 97 here, so I've been indoors since taking down my e-fence wire around noon. While doing that the neighbor lady and her mom from Mississippi arrived and were picking mulberries from the tree near my place. For a simple trade of some garlic and onion from my garden I ended up with a personal size mulberry cobbler. Now that's some white trash stuff there, cobbler made in the neighbor's travel trailer, from berries the bourgeoisie have never tasted 'cause they ain't sold in stores that cater to that type!

I was thinking about getting out and doing some more work around here in anticipation of shutting it down when I retire at the end of the week. I'm thinking now a 600 yd round trip to the mailbox is about all that's getting done outside at these temps!

Enjoy your evening everyone,

Geno
I keep one of those larue armydillos on the ranger key ring for cans and bottles. Though I'd rather just have cans while riding around.
I just keep a Great Falls Select church key handy.

Hardly ever get to use it though. Mostly drink cheap beer.

And for the record....bean dip is best on Nacho cheese Doritos.

Wife found a PBR church key on the lawn the other day. Happy times.
Been a long time since I heard anyone call a bottle opener a church key.

Agreed that Fritos Bean Dip is the best dip in Doritos!
But I prefer the Cool Ranch Doritos. Used to go great with Corona or Coors Light before I had to give up cold beer 20 years ago due to hellacious migranes. I sure do miss a really cold Coors Light in the summertime while plowing a field in one of our JD Tractors. cry

Assad used that recipe on his opposition. Just saying...hate to see Midline struct with Tomahawks in reprisal to mass WMD deaths....:)
All this talk about bottle openers is a mite concerning. I have several fancy ones stuck to the beer fridge with magnets but they are pretty much just boozy decorations, probably 25 bottle openers in this house and I don't use a damn one.

I have always just opened beer bottles with my wedding ring as that bastard is way harder then the bottle cap. Just hook the cap on the side of the ring under your finger, curl your finger over the top of the cap and lift. It's sure to impress the rednecks who always use their bic lighter to do the deed.

P.s. It won't impress your wife if you tear up your ring so only do this with hard metal rings like titanium or tungsten etc.
I dont wear a ring.

I have to open a bottle the old fashioned way. With pliers.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I just keep a Great Falls Select church key handy.

Hardly ever get to use it though. Mostly drink cheap beer.

And for the record....bean dip is best on Nacho cheese Doritos.

Wife found a PBR church key on the lawn the other day. Happy times.

I'm a big PBR fan and would love to have it but we can only get PBR in cans around here......like I said..."white trash".....

This old bottle opener I found in a remote camp site several years ago lives on my kitchen window sill. I use it daily.

Can't remember the name of the brewery stamped on it right now and I'm too lazy to go look but apparently it's pretty historical because a bunch of hipsters wanted to buy it when I posted about it on one of the beer sites.

[Linked Image]

I have to open a bottle the old fashioned way. With pliers.

Or a claw hammer. miles

I'd love to have it and make you an offer but we can only get PBR in cans around here......like I said..."white trash".....

As long as they are of the 16 oz variety life is good.

Me and a buddy damn near had to have a funeral mass for all the dead pbr soldiers littering his yard this weekend. Putting in a block wall 78' long by 3' tall with 18x8x8" solid block in 90+ temps was beyond dumb. That was yesterday and today was 10yds of backfill and topsoil by wheelbarrow since we learned nothing yesterday. No running water at the house as it's a remodel, Luckily we had a 120qt cooler and beer was on sale Friday. Thank god for an ice cold pabst or 89, only 7 survivors made it home. Good weekend
Pabst sucks in bottles,it's decent on tap,and best in cans. 12,16,24,or 32 ounces we can get them all around here.
Working Man's Pilsner- Fountain Square Brewing co.
Got it free.
Well, kid dropped it off. Not bad.

PBR..........aint had that since buds and I built a fort of empty cans at Punk Rock Night.

Waitress got big trash can and took down the fort. So we built another one smile

No way I'd try that stuff now. Am way too old for that chit.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Got it free.

PBR..........aint had that since buds and I built a fort of empty cans at Punk Rock Night.

Waitress got big trash can and took down the fort. So we built another one smile

I think you just said that you participated in Punk Rock activities yet you're to old for Pabst.

Please explain.

Then THIS might interest you. I like the retro vibe, and the dozen price meant I could mount 'em everywhere on the cheap.

I just wish I had a mailbox post..............
Originally Posted by hookeye
Got it free.

I think you just said that you participated in Punk Rock activities yet you're to old for Pabst.

Please explain.

The early Punkers are getting up there in age now I guess. Someday the Hipsters will be able to say the same thing.
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Then THIS might interest you. I like the retro vibe, and the dozen price meant I could mount 'em everywhere on the cheap.

I just wish I had a mailbox post

Home Depot sells 4x4 posts. Could probably even find a leftover cut one in their cheap bin. What's stopping you from putting up a post in your yard, the back one even! Just for opening bottles grin

Geno
Geno,
I'm a lowly city dweller (at least it's a small town), and each block shares a group of lockboxes.

My back yard is enclosed by a wooden fence, so there's no shortage of posts.
Guess you can put one every corner of the yard then!

Geno
White Trash Fabulous!!!

You folks know any of these folks?

Geno
Straight up out the trailer!

Geno

PS they ain't racist either:

Cool. New tunes for the playlist.
© 24hourcampfire