Home
Posted By: jnyork test imgur - 07/02/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jnyork Re: test imgur - 07/02/17
OK, got that figured out , at least a little. I haven't quite figured out the site yet, now that I have posted this, I cant get back to it in imgur. All I get when I go over there is a page with a bunch of pix on it, no link to my own stuff that I can find.
Posted By: RickBin Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
And, it's not served over https. smirk
Posted By: jnyork Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by RickBin

What does that mean in English, Rick, I am a little dense on computers. grin
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
I just use Tinypic.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by jnyork
OK, got that figured out , at least a little. I haven't quite figured out the site yet, now that I have posted this, I cant get back to it in imgur. All I get when I go over there is a page with a bunch of pix on it, no link to my own stuff that I can find.

Make sure you're logged in, hover the mouse over your username in the top right hand corner and a pulldown should pop up, select "images" for all your stuff.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by jnyork

Make sure you're logged in, hover the mouse over your username in the top right hand corner and a pulldown should pop up, select "images" for all your stuff.

Thanks, DW, got it now. Ol' numbnutz here didn't see that , had to scroll my screen right a little for it to appear. Making headway.
Posted By: irfubar Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
testing 123

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RJL53 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
As Rick and a number of us said, you can't trust 3rd party hosts...sooner or later they will screw you. Control your own files & documents, and that includes on Smart phones...no matter what brand or provider.
Still fussing around trying to get my avatar and my signature block back in action, cant figure out how to get it from imgur to the "edit profile" blocks and get them to work. Any suggestions? Making me crazy here. wink
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Yeah, thanks, I got that much figured out and there is an "auto resize" feature on the website, but I still haven't figured out how to move the image from point to point.
Right click on your image and save it on your hard drive.

Go to the Image Gallery and Upload it here, where it will be served securely.

Instructions are stickied at top of every forum.

Once you do it once or twice it should be easy. smile
Just spent an hour trying to use the new campfire photo gizmo, no luck.
Back to 3rd party image hosting I guess?
Allow me to help you.

Is the photo on your computer?
Rick,
Yes all my photo's are stored om my computer.
I was able to download the image to the new campfire photo site , I ran into problems trying to right click and copy?
It wouldn't save them?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: test imgur - 07/03/17

Rick- are you going to eventually block pics that aren't served via https?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/medium/45390.png

Leave off the 45390.png part and you will get a list of pictures.
Posted By: RickF Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Rick, can we host photos here and link the image to another website?

The allure of photobucket was copying the image and having it show up on any site. How do you recommend we go about that? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Still weighing options, but much prefer the notion that folks will just use the Campfire Gallery to display images on the Campfire. I don't want to have to block anything to be honest. But we gotta have secure pages for everybody's sake.

Again, here's a link that explains why it matters:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...ffect-my-safety&utm_source=inproduct
Originally Posted by irfubar
Rick,
I was able to download the image to the new campfire photo site , I ran into problems trying to right click and copy?
It wouldn't save them?

If I can interject, and maybe save Rick time.

Try double clicking the picture...if that doesn't work, hold right mouse button down and drag-drop it where you want it.
Originally Posted by RickF

The allure of photobucket was copying the image and having it show up on any site. How do you recommend we go about that? Thank you.

Rick:

The purpose of the new Gallery is to serve content securely on the Campfire, and to keep images from disappearing and rendering threads nonsensical. A limited amount of posting on other sites isn't going to harm anything, but keep in mind the intent here is not to replace Photobucket but instead to provide a service to Campfire members that is a win/win for all.
Bwana and Rick,

Thanks for the offer of help I appreciate it. Truth is I am seriously challenged on the computer and don't even speak the "language".

Also I don't have a 12 yr old available to show me. ha ha.

I will muddle my way through it as I have done in the past.

I like and understand the concept of storing our photo's here and would like to thank Rick for going through the trouble and investment to provide that service for us.
Rick,
It wouldn't save them?

When you right click what you are looking for is the URL, i.e., https://www.24hourcampfire.com/yade/yada/yada/picture.jpg.

You want to copy that URL, and paste it between image tags [img] and [/img] and that will display it on any post you make throughout the website.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17

Rick,

How about the iOS browser?

I see a place to link pics from a hosted site.
Posted By: RickF Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by RickF

Rick:

The purpose of the new Gallery is to serve content securely on the Campfire, and to keep images from disappearing and rendering threads nonsensical. A limited amount of posting on other sites isn't going to harm anything, but keep in mind the intent here is not to replace Photobucket but instead to provide a service to Campfire members that is a win/win for all.

Understood, thanks Rick.

OK, great, I got that, easy enough when you read the instructions. laugh

Now, please, how do I get the pix from the Gallery to my avatar and signature block. Still going nuckin' futz.
In Edit Profile, you can upload your avatar from your hard drive just like you did to the Gallery. And in the Signature box paste the URL of the pic between the image codes as Rick has outlined previously.
Thanks, Whitetail, I have screwed with it and screwed with it, nothing works, tired and pissed off now, been dicking with it for over 2 hours. Try again tomorrow when I have more patience.
jnyork,

I too have been screwing with it for hours.

Was feeling pretty stupid so asked the wife, she screwed with it for an hour , no luck.
jnyork,

I too have been screwing with it for hours.

Was feeling pretty stupid so asked the wife, she screwed with it for an hour , no luck.

Well, it is some comfort to know that I am not alone in the wilderness here. 90% of my problem is, unlike some of the people here who have been doing computer stuff since they were 5, I have a real problem with understanding the lingo ( img tags, URL's, etc etc) and have not had the opportunity to go to college to learn this crap, nor yet do I have an 11 year old granddaughter to teach it all to me. wink Really rips my knickers about Photobucket, I could do anything that needed doing with that site, it was so simple a cave man could do it, never had the slightest problem. Now got to learn a whole new way of doing things, maybe 3 or 4 ways counting all the boards I am on. Oh, well, wont matter anyway in the long run.
Guys, this is fairly simple once you do it...maybe 5 seconds to dump/paste picture...then post

I'll be glad to show you "my" way...click by click...Are you grabbing the pictures from your hard drive ?

PS: Be right back, 5-10 minutes...wife's in a cast, needs help
I figured out how to post a pic in the gallery, Rick says drop it between the Img tabs? how do I do that and where are the image tabs?

Also are all of our images in the gallery available for everyone to see?
I figured out how to post a pic in the gallery, Rick says drop it between the Img tabs? how do I do that and where are the image tabs?

Also are all of our images in the gallery available for everyone to see?

Good
1)You can either manually type [img] [/img] and place pic link between them...or click the Image link insert button on the post screen(a button that looks like a picture of a mountain).
2) Your photos appear available for view to all, when I logged out I could see all pics as a "non-member"

Remember it has to be a link, not a copy/paste picture https. This is why Rick is asking to skip 3rd party hosts and download from your hard drive space.
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12124256/test [/img]

????? doesnt seem to work for me
How do I make it a link versus a copy and paste?
Are you grabbing the pic from your hard drive ?
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Are you grabbing the pic from your hard drive ?

Yes, then I transferred it to the campfire gallery.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: test imgur - 07/03/17

Still weighing options, but much prefer the notion that folks will just use the Campfire Gallery to display images on the Campfire. I don't want to have to block anything to be honest. But we gotta have secure pages for everybody's sake.

Again, here's a link that explains why it matters:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...ffect-my-safety&utm_source=inproduct

I guess having secure pages and pictures is important here. I can still post pictures, from photobucket, at other sites I frequent.... whistle I was beginning to think it was a photobucket problem. Hmmmm...
While I'm waiting

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture gga3.jpg
Attached picture bwa.jpg
Eric,
Your pic didn't show up either?

Maybe I am not crazy after all?
I'm looking at the picture on the screen ? Guinness girl in a bikini, love beer smile

EDIT: And now it's gone ? wtf ...not sure what's going on with that...but all of these are still up, and my other pictures are all up too.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...news-for-you-older-perverts#Post12123770

It appears you're copying from the address bar in your browser then pasting between the image tags. Don't do that. Right click on the picture and choose the option to copy the address or location then paste that between the image tags. You don't want any spaces between the tags and the address either, like there is in yours at the end between test and [/img]. Like bwana said, you can either use the insert image link or type the image tags.

[Linked Image]
I think I got it! Thanks guys for the help

[Linked Image]
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/medium/45390.png

It appears you're copying from the address bar in your browser then pasting between the image tags. Don't do that. Right click on the picture and choose the option to copy the address or location then paste that between the image tags. You don't want any spaces between the tags and the address either, like there is in yours at the end between test and [/img]. Like bwana said, you can either use the insert image link or type the image tags.

[Linked Image]

So, I am still trying to get my avatar and sig line back. I have right clicked on the pic, the one on my computer, I get a long dropdown menu but nothing in it even resembles "copy the address" or "copy the location". Also, where do I get the "img tags", cant figure out how to type them in as I cant find anything on my keyboard resembling the little squared off parenthesis.

Bet you fellers never dreamed there were so many dumb questions in existence.
Posted By: Steve Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Rick,

Was able to get my old sig pic off PB and up to the image gallery.

However when I edited my sig to reflect the image gallery address:

Code
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/45423.jpg[/img]

it shows up as with the IMG /IMG tags rather than displaying the image. Am I missing something?

-Steve
Testing it embedded in the message body:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Jnyork,

When I right click on the image I get a small drop down window. In that window I click on the (copy image address)

Then when I go to post I type [img]paste the image address[/img] no gaps or spaces

The square brackets are on the third row down on the keyboard (upper right) use the shift button
Jnyork,

When I right click on the image I get a small drop down window. In that window I click on the (copy image address)

Then when I go to post I type [img]paste the image address[/img] no gaps or spaces

The square brackets are on the third row down on the keyboard (upper right) use the shift button

No joy here. I have tried both the image on my hard drive and the image stored here, all I get is a long drop down, no mention of "copy image address" or anything like it. I DID find the square brackets, hiding right there in plain sight.
You guys are doing it differently than me, but if it works keep doing it smile

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 1d198859f380d24731293bd1f18dde12.jpg
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Are we limited to 8mb total or just 8mb per post? I tried doing a reply to my gallery and upload more pictures, they loaded in the image manager fine, but wouldn't show up when I posted the reply.
8M per image, 8 images per post.
Posted By: T LEE Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Screw this chit, no more pictures from me unless I can find a secure hosting site.
Yeah, I am about out of patience, been messing with it all morning, still cant even get my sig line in. Disgusting state of affairs.

[Linked Image]

In your sig line, the image tags are wrong. The opening tag is [img]. The closing tag should be [/img]. Note the forward slash in the closing tag.

Works fine once that forward slash is put into the closing tag.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
Test.[Linked Image]

Attached picture camel-smiling-13060833_zpsaf46d37a.jpg

[Linked Image]

In your sig line, the image tags are wrong. The opening tag is [img]. The closing tag should be [/img]. Note the forward slash in the closing tag.

Works fine once that forward slash is put into the closing tag.

That doesn't work on mine.
Ahhh. Our developer disabled image tags in signatures temporarily so we can migrate all sigs to the 24hourcampfire server. Otherwise, one user with an jnsecure image breaks the lock on every page on which a post of his appears. Temporary.
OK, thanks Rick
Posted By: AnsonRogers Re: test imgur - 07/03/17

[Linked Image]

Smaller pic is using "copy image location", larger is using "copy link location".

Rick, Which one should we use?
Posted By: AnsonRogers Re: test imgur - 07/03/17

[Linked Image]
Thanks!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ClaysEtc Re: test imgur - 07/03/17
I am trying my best to figure this out, I am trying to find my gallery, I read to hover my curser over my name at the top right, well I did that and nothing, my name is not high lighted, looks like this.

[Linked Image]

I get no dropdown menu.

HELP
I loaded a new avatar and a new sig picture, I was able to change my avatar to the new "https" so the pix is somewhere
I just cant find them
Well I found the pix gallery by clicking the link in Rick's intro at the top of each page,but to find my pix I have to scroll through them all, there must be a better way
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
Well I found the pix gallery by clicking the link in Rick's intro at the top of each page,but to find my pix I have to scroll through them all, there must be a better way

Go straight to your hard drive, and skip the extra steps.
I am going to give it a rest, my brain hurts, thanks Eric for the suggestion but I couldn't find a web AD for my pix on my hard drive.

maybe tomorrow
thanks
Be glad to help you, once you're rested up smile...stop back

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Copy of pub.jpg
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
I am going to give it a rest, my brain hurts, thanks Eric for the suggestion but I couldn't find a web AD for my pix on my hard drive.

maybe tomorrow
thanks

I have been struggling with the same thing. Nothing I try works. Where the hell is the web address for pix on my harddrive.
© 24hourcampfire