Home
He asked for it but the bear spray will probably be in trouble.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
He asked for it but the bear spray will probably be in trouble.

How? He was a trespasser who already demonstrated a willingness to use force to steal service. A shopkeeper is privileged to use any reasonable level of force required to expel such a person.
His behavior clearly illustrates why they get shot when told to drop the gun, and show their hands.

That guy that sprayed him had way more patience than I would have had.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
His behavior clearly illustrates why they get shot when told to drop the gun, and show their hands.

That guy that sprayed him had way more patience than I would have had.

Same here.
The shopkeeper could have beat him within an inch of his life, but that may have been ruled too much force. I think a brief blast to the face was appropriate, then a kick in the butt to push him out of the shop.
IMO you shouldn't have patience because it only escalates things by encouraging them to ramp it up. Sometimes only force will work.
Lol, I bet that fuggin' hurts!
Shop keeper needs a better dog
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Bet he didn't learn anything from it either.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Bet he didn't learn anything from it either.

Only how unfairly whites treat black folks.
I'd have to be pretty upset to unleash that stuff in my office. It will probably require professional cleaning of the entire place.
I would like to hear his answer to a simple question:

Why didn't you go outside, call the cops and wait?

I'm sure the answer would be nonsense, but I gotta ask! Anybody have follow up info on this?
Originally Posted by savage24

I'm sure the answer would be nonsense, but I gotta ask! Anybody have follow up info on this?

Got it.

A man has a duty to retreat when attacked in his own place of business, and must leave the attacker in the room with stuff he was trying to strong arm the business owner for in the first place....

Sure glad you are here to keep us all straightened out.

Got it.

A man has a duty to retreat when attacked in his own place of business, and must leave the attacker in the room with stuff he was trying to strong arm the business owner for in the first place....

No, no, no!! I am playing devil's advocate here. I don't see that the shop keeper did anything wrong.

I would ask my simple question of the attacker - the dumbass that got sprayed.
If he felt he was being wronged by the shop keeper and he was happy to have his companion
call the police, why not wait outside for the police? How did he think that remaining inside the
business, in a confined space with the guy he felt had wronged him and escalating the situation
would help his cause?

Edit: still wonder if anyone knows 'the rest of the story'. Was the attacker charged/convicted?
I'm sure the shop keeper is glad he had all that on video.
No doubt that the attacker would tell a completely different story

Got it.

No, no, no!! I am playing devil's advocate here. I don't see that the shop keeper did anything wrong.

If he felt he was being wronged by the shop keeper and he was happy to have his companion
call the police, why not wait outside for the police? How did he think that remaining inside the
business, in a confined space with the guy he felt had wronged him and escalating the situation
would help his cause?

Edit: still wonder if anyone knows 'the rest of the story'. Was the attacker charged/convicted?
I'm sure the shop keeper if glad he had all that on video.

Why, because he belongs to a protected class and feels that everyone owes him.

Got it.

would help his cause?

I'm sure the shop keeper is glad he had all that on video.
One of the comments was that the cops didn't file any charges on the shop keeper. In fact, the cops asked to see the tape again, laughing out loud both times they watched it.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

One of the comments was that the cops didn't file any charges on the shop keeper. In fact, the cops asked to see the tape again, laughing out loud both times they watched it.

Cannot say I blame them for that.
Anybody have follow up info on this?

just this,....you are some kinda' phoucin' idiot, and don't mind letting the folks here know it.

.....a disgrace to everything this country stands for..

GTC
No, no, no!! I am playing devil's advocate here.

wrong, you THINK you are, whilst playing a gibbering idiot,.....
.....doing a fine job of it, too.

GTC
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Cool, Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire