Trim: Jet Black Perforated leather-appointed

Color: Quicksilver Metallic

Pricing: Destination Charge $1,295.00

Total Options SEE DEALER
MSRP* $56,540.00

Sierra 1500 4SA Standard Equipment**

Entertainment:
• 6-speaker audio system
• Audio system, 8" Diagonal Color Touch Screen with IntelliLink, AM/FM/SiriusXM, HD Radio with USB ports, auxiliary jack, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Pandora Internet radio and voice-activated technology for radio and phone (Upgradeable to (IO6) 8" Diagonal Color Touch audio system with Navigation and IntelliLink.) (STD)
• Bluetooth for phone personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
• Radio, HD
• Single-slot CD/MP3 player (On Crew Cab model replaced by (U42) rear seat DVD/Blu-Ray Entertainment Package when (U42) Entertainment Package is ordered.)
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard on nearly all 2017 GM models. Enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.)
• Steering wheel audio controls
Exterior
• Active aero shutters, front
• Bumper, front chrome lower
• Bumper, rear chrome with rear bumper corner steps
• CornerStep, rear bumper
• Door handles, chrome
• Fog lamps, thin profile LED
• Glass, deep-tinted
• Grille surround, chrome
• Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID) projector-beam with LED signature
• LED Lighting, cargo box with switch on center switch bank
• Lamps, cargo area, cab mounted with switch on center switch bank
• Mirror caps, chrome (Not available with (GAT) All Terrain Package.)
• Mirrors, outside chrome cap, heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming with integrated turn signal indicators and puddle lamps (includes driver's side spotter mirror)
• Moldings, bodyside, chrome
• Remote Locking Tailgate (Included and only available with (AQQ) Remote Keyless Entry.)
• Tailgate and bed rail protection caps, top
• Tailgate, EZ-Lift and Lower
• Taillamps, LED with signature
• Tire carrier lock keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door
• Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall
• Tires, P265/65R18 all-season, blackwall (STD)
• Wheelhouse liners, rear (Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model.)
• Wheels, 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) polished aluminum (STD)
Interior
• Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control
• Assist handle, front passenger on A-pillar
• Cruise control, steering wheel-mounted
• Defogger, rear-window electric
• Door locks, power
• Driver Information Center, 4.2-inch diagonal color display includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
• Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
• Floor mats, color-keyed carpeted first and second row (Not available with (GAT) All Terrain Package.)
• Instrumentation, 6-gauge cluster featuring speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltage and oil pressure
• Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
• OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot connects to the Internet at 4G LTE speeds; includes OnStar Data Trial for 3 months or 3GB (whichever comes first) (Visit www.onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. Available Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.)
• OnStar Guidance Plan for 3 months, including Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Advanced Diagnostics and more (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling) (Fleet orders receive a 6-month trial. Visit www.onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.) (Retail orders receive a 3-month trial. Visit www.onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.)
• Pedals, power-adjustable
• Power outlet, 110-volt AC
• Remote Keyless Entry (Includes (A91) remote locking tailgate.)
• Remote vehicle starter system
• Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger (includes child seat top tether anchor)
• Seating, heated driver and front passenger Only available on Crew Cab and Double Cab models.
• Seats, front 40/20/40 leather-appointed split-bench, 3-passenger with (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs. Includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including driver/front passenger power recline, driver/front passenger power lumbar, 2-position driver memory and adjustable outboard head restraints. (STD)
• Steering column, manual Tilt-Wheel and telescoping
• Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with audio and cruise controls
• Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry
• Universal Home Remote
• Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
• Windows, power with driver express up and down and express down on all other windows
Mechanical
• Alternator, 150 amps (Not included with (PCQ) SLT eAssist Package.)
• Battery, heavy-duty 720 cold-cranking amps/80 Amp-hr, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power
• Brakes, 4-wheel disc with DURALIFE rotors, 4-wheel antilock
• Capless Fuel Fill
• Cargo tie downs (4), movable upper
• Cooling, auxiliary external transmission oil cooler
• Cooling, external engine oil cooler
• Differential, heavy-duty locking rear
• Engine, 5.3L EcoTec3 V8, with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing, includes aluminum block construction (355 hp [265 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 383 lb-ft of torque [518 Nm] @ 4100 rpm; more than 300 lb-ft of torque from 2000 to 5600 rpm) (STD)
• Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
• Four wheel drive
• Frame, fully-boxed, hydroformed front section
• GVWR, 7200 lbs. (3266 kg) (Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab 4WD models and (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Included with (PCQ) SLT eAssist Package on TC15543 Crew Cab model.) (STD)
• Pickup box (STD)
• Rear axle, 3.08 ratio (Standard and only available on (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Not available with (RD3) 20" bright machined aluminum wheels, (NZM) 20" chrome aluminum wheels or 22" LPO wheels.)
• Recovery hooks, front, frame-mounted, black (Standard on 4WD models.)
• Steering, Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist, rack-and-pinion
• Suspension Package
• Transfer case, active, 2-speed electronic Autotrac with rotary controls, includes neutral position for dinghy towing (Included with 4WD models only.)
• Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking (STD)
Package
• Trailering equipment includes trailer hitch, 7-pin and 4-pin connectors
Safety-Interior
• Air bags, dual-stage frontal and side-impact, driver and front passenger and head-curtain and seat-mounted side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions with Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
• Daytime Running Lamps with automatic exterior lamp control
• Rear Vision Camera
• Teen Driver mode a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report gives you information on your teen's driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
Safety-Mechanical
• StabiliTrak, stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance and traction control, includes electronic trailer sway control and hill start assist
Warranty
• Basic: 3 Years/36,000 Miles
• Drivetrain: 5 Years/60,000 Miles Qualified Fleet Purchases: 5 Years/100,000 Miles
• Corrosion: 3 Years/36,000 Miles Rust-Through 6 Years/100,000 Miles
• Roadside Assistance: 5 Years/60,000 Miles Qualified Fleet Purchases: 5 Years/100,000 Miles
• Maintenance: 2 Years/24,000 Miles 2 visits

Bunch of other sh1t, like SLT Premium Package, Z-71 and other stuff grin

Anyway, I love this truck and paid cash-money for it ... on the fuggin' spot.

God Bless,

Steve

Many happy miles. Good choice. 😁

Did you pay $56K?

My friend has a 2012 that's almost the same that he's put 100K on it and likes it a lot.
Yeah, but you could have had a Hemi.................... grin

Congrats on the new pick'em-up Steve. Go put some miles on the thing with a big smile on your face. LOTS of great country to see outside of your county. wink
Nice choice.
Sounds like a nice vehicle Steve. Congratulations.
http://s11.photobucket.com/user/dogzapper/media/P1000188_zpsluydre7s.jpg.html
IMG
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Its got a great engine. Got my 2011 Govt Motors Z71 for 32,000. Tranny fell out at 20,000. GMC fixed for free. Other recalls like bad ignition switch fixed ok. Dash fell out at 110,000. They wanted 700 big ones fora new 6 cluster. Got one from a wrecking yard for 200. Now the engine light stays on and at times the traction control light comes on. Spent 700 fixing it before figuring out it was the instrument cluster screwing up.

Forgetting its in 4wd and hitting the hwy at 80 doesnt hurt a thing. Kind of a love/ hate relationship.

Think i will go Toyota next though.

Good luck with yours DZ.
Nice truck Steve.
I hope it serves you well.
thank you for buying american
good idea to pay cash, too....... avoid those $1,000/month payments!
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Yeah, but you could have had a Hemi)

He's old enough......he's got them. grin

Thanks for buying American, Happy motoring.
nice ride, but I'm keeping my '88 4Runner. smile

Karen will be very happy tooling around in that beauty, smile
Originally Posted by srwshooter

If the VIN starts with a 3, it was built in Mexico.
Originally Posted by doubletap

If the VIN starts with a 3, it was built in Mexico.
Why, yes - yes it was... smile
thank you for buying south american

Fixed it for you
Steve nice truck. It was between a GMC SLT and my Tundra at the end.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business...opular-us-vehicles-produced-south-border
Very nice Steve. Looks like that bad boy has all the bells and whistles. Hope you and Karen have lots of happy miles together!
Nice looking truck. I bought a new Chevy Silverado about 3 weeks ago. Pretty much the same truck. Mine is Pearl with black leather interior. Loving mine so far. Coming out of a 2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited so it is nice to have everything new and tight. Some of the newer tech options are pretty handy. Some are redundant. These vehicles have become a rolling marketing machine to tap your check book every month via Onstar, Sat radio, Apps and internet. Not sure I will keep those services after the free trial. Chevy had quite a few discounts so although still a lot a cash I dont think I will be able to buy one for less next year. I started off looking for nice low milage used truck but I couldnt find the right one and between the discounts and some tax advantages buying new made sense. The Ford was eating me alive in repairs.
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Did you pay $56K?

I would like to know this too. Not asking what you spent but I am interested tot know what ball park one can expect to get out the door for.

Great looking truck and it looks like you have all the bells and whistles at your disposal.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Fixed it for you

Central American...
I am on my 4th Silverado and they have been great trucks. Will get my 5th in a year
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Its got a great engine. Got my 2011 Govt Motors Z71 for 32,000. Tranny fell out at 20,000. GMC fixed for free. Other recalls like bad ignition switch fixed ok. Dash fell out at 110,000. They wanted 700 big ones fora new 6 cluster. Got one from a wrecking yard for 200. Now the engine light stays on and at times the traction control light comes on. Spent 700 fixing it before figuring out it was the instrument cluster screwing up.

Forgetting its in 4wd and hitting the hwy at 80 doesnt hurt a thing. Kind of a love/ hate relationship.

Good luck with yours DZ.

Yep, after 3 silverados and a suburban, went Toyota and happy so far. The 90's and early 2000 chevy 5.3 were great, they killed them in 2007 with the AFM, oil burners now, atleast my last 2.
Dayum, Steve...I've got a Tundra TRD Pro on order for way less than that ....faster, too. 😁

To each his own and no matter what.....we're all red-blooded American males and we love to get a new truck...have good times with it...that's what it's all about.👍
last month I noticed the frame of my 2014 Silverado is rusting at all welds. Took it to dealer for repairs. They said it was rusting due to seal coat not being properly installed. Due to 46,000 miles on my truck warranty would not cover and they wanted $5,000.00 to repair, of which GM would pay 1,000 and me 4,000.00.
Nice truck friend Steve!!!
that's a lotta truck

good on ya for getting it.
Yeah, I'd drive a Yugo before I'd get another Chevy, but whatever makes you happy.
You've made a lot of people happy. You, your wife, the United Auto Workers, Democrats...
Beautiful truck friend Steve, I hope Y'all enjoy many a mile in it.
paid cash-money for it ... on the fuggin' spot.

That may have been a mistake. I had the money in the bank to write a check for the last 3 vehicles I've bought. But with interest rates at or under 2% I'd have lost more money by withdrawing the funds from the bank instead of just letting them take the trade in and financing the rest. Of course I don't have $56K in all 3 of them together.

The total interest over the life of the loan on my 2014 F-150 is going to be about $1300. I earn more than that every MONTH in interest.
nice ride
GM has been junk for a long time. Sure hope this one treats you right.

Until they are non junk they will never see any of my frugal dimes.
Only Texas trucks for me. Pretty sad these are now made in Mexico.

Interestingly, I've experienced nothing but excellent GM vehicles. And that goes back to a 1978 Silverado I bought new and drove for fifteen years ... and Suburbans and Tahoes.

I guess different folks have different experiences.

And it kinda amazes me that some folks are so obviously emotional about origins. Let's see, a Japanese guy put bullets in my daddy, so anything that smells of Japan is out. I was shot at and hit by other orientals, so the entire orient is out. My Grandfather was gassed and shot in WWI by Germans, so all German stuff is bad. And a guy from Tennessee ran his Japanese car over my grandmother ... So Tennessee stuff is sh1t and the Japanese take another hit.

Maybe I'll have to ask y'all what I can buy next time, though I believe it would be absolutely impossible to gain a consensus grin

Yep, it was assembled in Mexico ... by Mexicans on the OTHER SIDE of the border (and not invading our GREAT country).

For those who want to know if I negotiated well ... Yep, I believe I did well at $14,500 off of MSRP. Not bad for an old fart!

Anyway, Karen and I love it, so I guess that's all that matters.

God Bless All,

Steve
Nice looking ride....enjoy!
That is a great engine. My 2005 has almost 200K on it with no problems.
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Maybe I'll have to ask y'all what I can buy next time, though I believe it would be absolutely impossible to gain a consensus grin

Likewise, anything you buy is going to be trashed by somebody, I don't care what it is..... its the nature of the internet. Dad used to tell me that a lot of times people who trash somebody's new stuff are jealous because they can't afford it.

Those are the only opinions that matter!
Originally Posted by RJY66

Likewise, anything you buy is going to be trashed by somebody, I don't care what it is..... its the nature of the internet. Dad used to tell me that a lot of times people who trash somebody's new stuff are jealous because they can't afford it.

It's called bad manners. Honestly I have looked at every single truck the last year or so and out of all of them the GMC for sure had the best interior and ergonomics bar none.
Originally Posted by JMR40
paid cash-money for it ... on the fuggin' spot.

That may have been a mistake. I had the money in the bank to write a check for the last 3 vehicles I've bought. But with interest rates at or under 2% I'd have lost more money by withdrawing the funds from the bank instead of just letting them take the trade in and financing the rest. Of course I don't have $56K in all 3 of them together.

The total interest over the life of the loan on my 2014 F-150 is going to be about $1300. I earn more than that every MONTH in interest.

This, with my retirement accounts earning 11% annualized it makes no sense to not use some else's cheap money at 2-4% and plow the savings back into the IRAs and 401Ks. Obviously you need the great credit to get the better interest rates.

House at 3.25% for 30- 15 left to go
Truck at 2.7% 3 left to go.

Not to mention the depreciation factor coupled with consumer price index inflation value loss of that up front money spread over the term of a loan.
If you have money in retirement funds and have a good credit rating it is dumb to plunk down a ton of money on any vehicle, especially when some offer ZERO percent interest. Goodness Gracious
I agree about the financing. But only if your investments are making more than the loan interest. If they aren't, you need much better advice than I can give you.
I have had great luck with my 2006 Silverado, mine is Duramax! Best ride of any heavy duty truck I have ever owned! Zero mechanical problems to date, with 110,000 miles! Enjoy your new truck. Paying cash for new automobiles is not a smart way to use funds. When finished with payments you still have the auto and your funds! With cash payment you end up with a worn out truck! Just my opinion, having done both methods!!

Exactly.... Enjoy!!
Originally Posted by Redneck

Exactly.... Enjoy!!

Looks like a dandy truck! Enjoy the ride!
OR.......perhaps seeing someone posting pictures of their new truck may be viewed as eerily similar to seeing folks posting what they had for breakfast.....on facebook (or twitter).

For the record, don't have a facebook (or twitter) account. Also, for the record, could buy 25-30 of those trucks and pay cash.

WHO CARES?

SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENT-101

Originally Posted by Heym06
I have had great luck with my 2006 Silverado, mine is Duramax! Best ride of any heavy duty truck I have ever owned! Zero mechanical problems to date, with 110,000 miles! Enjoy your new truck. Paying cash for new automobiles is not a smart way to use funds. When finished with payments you still have the auto and your funds! With cash payment you end up with a worn out truck! Just my opinion, having done both methods!!

My uncle has that one with 4x4 as well same year. 215k on his and still going strong.
The 3 best parts are.........Brand new truck, PAID FOR Brand new truck and You are happy. Good the hell on ya!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yeah, I'd drive a Yugo before I'd get another Chevy, but whatever makes you happy.

Hey now those Yugos weren't all bad, at least they had rear window defrosters which made great hand warmers for the people that had to push them.
I have 3 Chevy trucks and will be buying a 4th, 5th and sixth eventually. I watched a couple of buddies spend over $50 thousand each on new Fords and within a couple years the interiors were falling apart and they'd spent a considerable amount of time in the shop. All the while giving them a lift in my Chevy with almost 200,000 miles and no problems. We all have different life experiences that color our views of things so in the end one must do what one feels right doing including our brand allegiance. If my experience with Chevy was crap I'd be be a Ford, dodge or Toyota fan. My first truck at 16 was a 1979 Ford F-150 Lariat with a 351 Cleveland and I loved that truck. It wasn't 4x4 and with the power it had I could barely get up a slight incline when the pavement was wet. I made a lot of memories with that truck but a fully loaded Mac logging truck rearranged the exterior on a remote logging road one day. As it is I'll take a Chevy but I don't fault guys that drive other trucks, I feel sorry for them but I don't fault them, for they know not what they do. 😉

Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
The 3 best parts are.........Brand new truck, PAID FOR Brand new truck and You are happy. Good the hell on ya!

JMP, Thanks, I truly appreciate your upbeat comments.

We are conservative in our finances, politics and religion. We never buy anything unless we just plain pay for it. That must be a foreign concept to some, but that's the way we are.

My friend, remember the old 24HCF when it was like a bunch of hunting friends and each happy for each others company? Sadly, those days are seemingly gone ... we are diminished.

Thanks again,

Steve
Congrats on the new truck dogzapper. I had a 99 GMC 1500 SLT Sierra Ext cab, 5.3L, 2WD, standard bed length I bought brand new that was a great truck. In fact, wish I had kept it although happy with the current truck too. I traded it in after ten years and about 125K on it but still drove like new and was very well maintained. Hope yours is as reliable as mine was.
Steve, don't ya love it when folks tell you how to spend YOUR money and what YOU should buy? I would just delete this thread and go for a long drive in the mountains with your sweetheart.
Congrats on buying a great truck, Steve-

Mine is a 2016 2500 HD Duramax, and it is a fantastic truck. My wife absolutely loves riding in it, more so than her Jeep Grand Cherokee- it's more comfortable, quieter, and the WiFi hotspot lets her use her Iphone and Ipad no matter where we happen to be.

GMC is, IMO, the best value in trucks available today.

Enjoy!
"Professional Grade" whatever the hell that means. The commercials alone would keep me from buying one. At 150K without anything but a plug change and front brakes I'm still enjoying my 2006 extended cab F150. It is a lot of truck for a lot less money.
Glad for you to have made a purchase you're happy with, not much else counts. Enjoy it and let us know when it's taken you somewhere fun.

Originally Posted by jmp300wsm

JMP, Thanks, I truly appreciate your upbeat comments.

We are conservative in our finances, politics and religion. We never buy anything unless we just plain pay for it. That must be a foreign concept to some, but that's the way we are.

My friend, remember the old 24HCF when it was like a bunch of hunting friends and each happy for each others company? Sadly, those days are seemingly gone ... we are diminished.

Thanks again,

Steve

Yes I remember those days. Sadly there is a bit too much keyboard testosterone these days. My wife are the same way as you. No debt, pay cash for all big purchases. We have worked hard to put ourselves in that position and hope to be able to retire early as a result. Glad you check in from time to time.
Hope it serves you well.
I was a Chevy guy, until the union bailout, then the AFM system came along.
It causes engine damage and causes oil leaks.
Bought a Tundra in 2014, will never go back.
Congrats on your truck,I just bought a 17 chevy 4x4 ltz the last vehicle i bought was a 1984 chevy. The oil company furnished my trucks since 78, I retired and payed cash for mine to.
I have a very similar Silvarado,2015.
So far it's been a comfortable truck,
I didn't keep all the stuff,xm radio and such.They will bug the schitt out of you,when your term expires.
If you enjoy it,hold out and they will keep dropping the price.
Congrats on the new ride,you'll enjoy....
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
OR.......perhaps seeing someone posting pictures of their new truck may be viewed as eerily similar to seeing folks posting what they had for breakfast.....on facebook (or twitter).

For the record, don't have a facebook (or twitter) account. Also, for the record, could buy 25-30 of those trucks and pay cash.

WHO CARES?

SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENT-101

Aaah. I see an internet cop has arrived.......
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Steve, don't ya love it when folks tell you how to spend YOUR money and what YOU should buy? I would just delete this thread and go for a long drive in the mountains with your sweetheart.

No hsitte.
I've spent my life as a GM guy - but after the last 2 (an '07 and an '11) - I'll be shopping around, come the next purchase.
Both have had several nit-picking problems, but the one that drove me bonkers was - they refused to take gasoline at the pump!
I finally changed out the carbon canister on the '11 and it fuels just fine, now. BUT I have problems in a bunch of different relays and the computer sensors.
It all appears to be related to dust - seems you shouldn't drive dusty roads!
Since the near side of the place is 6 miles from pavement, and the far side is17 miles out, I'll probably be looking at anybody but GM the next time around frown

I hope yours works well for you, Steve.

PS How is Karen doing? Prayers sent for the well-being of you both.
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Congrats on buying a great truck, Steve-

Mine is a 2016 2500 HD Duramax, and it is a fantastic truck. My wife absolutely loves riding in it, more so than her Jeep Grand Cherokee- it's more comfortable, quieter, and the WiFi hotspot lets her use her Iphone and Ipad no matter where we happen to be.

GMC is, IMO, the best value in trucks available today.

Enjoy!

I too bought a 2016 2500HD Duramax (LML) last Fall. I've also got a 2007 Sierra Classic 2500HD Duramax (LBZ) that I bought new in '07. They are great trucks.

Originally Posted by badger

WHO CARES?

SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENT-101

Yes, old friend, I've slowly learned to ignore the 24HCF pricks and those who are internet warriors (crap, we have too many of those ... mostly with incredibly high post counts; highest, actually).

Anyway, my bride of 53-years and I are happy (or at least, we were) with our new rig.

We typically own a truck for a decade or more and we could easily afford to buy multiple high-dollar trucks every year, but opt not to. Our last truck was a 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ (50K plus and we paid cash for it) and it was perfect in every way.

As you might know, we retired at age 49 and have lived the last 25 years happily. Our remaining years are dwindling and it's time for a new fun thing ... even though the announcement of same might be a SELF AGGRANDIZEMENT to some folks. Friends might see it otherwise.

God Bless All; I'm gone now for a while and leave all the bickering to y'all,

Steve

Nice truck, Steve. Although, with that many options, you could probably sell the house and live in the truck. I did notice two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths and eat-in kitchen on the list. Or was that something else I was looking at. confused
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I've spent my life as a GM guy - but after the last 2 (an '07 and an '11) - I'll be shopping around, come the next purchase.
Both have had several nit-picking problems, but the one that drove me bonkers was - they refused to take gasoline at the pump!
I finally changed out the carbon canister on the '11 and it fuels just fine, now. BUT I have problems in a bunch of different relays and the computer sensors.
Since the near side of the place is 6 miles from pavement, and the far side is17 miles out, I'll probably be looking at anybody but GM the next time around frown

Old Friend Mark,

Karen is doing well. She had a total shoulder replacement about three weeks ago and is in lots of pain daily. The new truck brought lots of happiness into her life ... although the internet police are pissed off about that. As I said, fugggg them.

Anyway, we are doing fine and my bride of 53-years is riding to physical therapy in GMC Premium Package truck style ... grin

God Bless You, My Friend, and many thanks for your prayers,

Steve

Originally Posted by shootinurse
Nice truck, Steve. Although, with that many options, you could probably sell the house and live in the truck. I did notice two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths and eat-in kitchen on the list. Or was that something else I was looking at. confused

My old friend Mike, it's been awfully HOT here lately. One of my singular pleasures has been to leave home and turn on the AIR CONDITIONED SEAT and blow really, really cold air up my admittedly ancient ass. grin

Seriously, or maybe not so grin, we paid $13,500 US$ for our home in 1964 and we built on a 500 s/f addition in 1983 (to house fifty Afrikan trophies and such) for another 19K (had to sell some Krugerrands for that). Yeah, this truck and the last cost us more bucks than our home ...

But, at age 74, how many years do we have left?????

Seems to me that we might as well spend a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of the rewards of our lifelong stock market investments and conservative lifestyle ... Internet Police excepted.

God Bless You, My OLD friend,

Steve

PS. Now, REALLY out of here.

Wow! That's a beauty Steve. You and Mrs. Zapper will be ridin' in style.
Steve, all is well as long as you and Karen ride in comfort. That's a heck of a nice truck and I hope you both enjoy it for years. Ward

Originally Posted by shootinurse

My old friend, it's been awfully HOT here lately. One of my singular pleasures has been to leave home and turn on the AIR CONDITIONED SEAT and blow really, really cold air up my admittedly ancient ass. grin

Seriously, or maybe not so grin, we paid $13,500 US$ for our home in 1964 and we built on a 500 s/f addition in 1983 (to house fifty Afrikan trophies and such) for another 19K (had to sell some Krugerrands for that). Yeah, this truck and the last cost us more bucks than our home ...

Seems to me that we might as well spend a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of the rewards of our lifelong stock market investments and conservative lifestyle ... Internet Police excepted ... Did I mention GFY to him/her/it ?????

God Bless You, My OLD friend,

Steve

PS. Now, REALLY out of here.

Steve, you are following my Dad's model. grin

Good Luck and Enjoy your new truck!
Nice lookin' rig and you beat the dealer up pretty good too! Good on ya! Enjoy the ride - both physically and metaphorically. smile
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by badger

WHO CARES?

SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENT-101

Yes, old friend, I've slowly learned to ignore the 24HCF pricks and those who are internet warriors (crap, we have too many of those ... mostly with incredibly high post counts; highest, actually).

Anyway, my bride of 53-years and I are happy (or at least, we were) with our new rig.

We typically own a truck for a decade or more and we could easily afford to buy multiple high-dollar trucks every year, but opt not to. Our last truck was a 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ (50K plus and we paid cash for it) and it was perfect in every way.

As you might know, we retired at age 49 and have lived the last 25 years happily. Our remaining years are dwindling and it's time for a new fun thing ... even though the announcement of same might be a SELF AGGRANDIZEMENT to some folks. Friends might see it otherwise.

God Bless All; I'm gone now for a while and leave all the bickering to y'all,

Steve

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Steve

I hope lots buddy. 74 is not that old anymore and with you taking care of yourself and Karen I hope you have many more years of enjoyment friend.
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Old Friend Mark,

Karen is doing well. She had a total shoulder replacement about three weeks ago and is in lots of pain daily. The new truck brought lots of happiness into her life ... although the internet police are pissed off about that. As I said, fugggg them.

Anyway, we are doing fine and my bride of 53-years is riding to physical therapy in GMC Premium Package truck style ... grin

God Bless You, My Friend, and many thanks for your prayers,

Steve

Ouch.. I've heard those are the toughest/most painful to recoup from vs. hip/knee replacements... I hope she recovers quickly and fully...

[Linked Image]

gee Mike, it looks like YOU are the freaking attention whore with this thread. Are you not getting enough attention? laughing at your stupidity.
My old friend Mike, it's been awfully HOT here lately. One of my singular pleasures has been to leave home and turn on the AIR CONDITIONED SEAT and blow really, really cold air up my admittedly ancient ass. grin

I am trying to erase that mental picture grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher

[Linked Image]

gee Mike, it looks like YOU are the freaking attention whore with this thread. Are you not getting enough attention? laughing at your stupidity.

Mikewerner, you are the only attention whore working this thread. What a phugging jackazz. laughing.
[Linked Image]

Mikewerner, you are the only attention whore working this thread. What a phugging jackazz. laughing.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dammmm... No 8' bed...what in the world is happing to our country!!!!
Nice truck Steve! Ignore the peanut gallery around here. The only one you have to justify it to is YOU.

Jerry

Regarding Financing: The only one who can make $1300 / month on $56k is a loan shark. Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Jerry
Enjoy the truck and let the jealous ones run their yaps, they sound great to themselves ,,,,,, I just bought one also, not a Chevy but a new one and I also paid cash plus my 10 year old truck as a trade... I have $200 a month automatically put into a car account,, That way I earn a little interest over the years and have the cash on hand when I need it,, still have a couple grand in there after getting this truck. Anyway enjoy!!!!
Steve, I hope your wife mends quick. I had shoulder surgery (not total replacement 😉) on both shoulders in the last year and the second surgery on my left arm was the worst pain I've ever been in. 5 full days and nights in constant pain without 1 minute of sleep was starting to drive me crazy. I hope your sweet wife doesn't have the pain I had. If your bride enjoys the new truck that's all that matters. Long drives, stop for ice cream and enjoy the company you're with. 👍
I bought a new Silverado in 2005 and still running it hard every day have a Toyota Tundra parked next to it with a third of the miles but I always jump in the chevy
Why in the world is there even one person here that is not happy for Steve and Karen?

Steve, I am glad to see you post and tickled with your purchase. Please forgive the extremely poor manners of some that were clearly not whipped enough as children. Or for that matter adults.
Nice truck. Enjoy it. wink
Congrats and enjoy! Too bad some are so jealous and childish.
When pickups became trucks......... that was a major step in the pussification of America.

The most American made truck currently being produced in America is the Toytoa Tundra.
Toyota makes a Good truck right Here in the USA.....But the styling is all Japanese...... Ugliest Truck on the Road by far. It even beats the Nissan Titan!
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Toyota makes a Good truck right Here in the USA.....But the styling is all Japanese...... Ugliest Truck on the Road by far. It even beats the Nissan Titan!

Yeah they might be good, I never read the specs because I'd never buy one the way they sit now. Toyota makes good stuff but their trucks are fugly.
If you'd like to see more pictures of the new truck (paid for with cash, "on the fuggin' spot", impressive)......check it out at GunWriterAzzSukkers.com

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Why in the world is there even one person here that is not happy for Steve and Karen?

Steve, I am glad to see you post and tickled with your purchase. Please forgive the extremely poor manners of some that were clearly not whipped enough as children. Or for that matter adults.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan

Dunno about that. Went and looked at a new Titan with the V8 Cummins. That thing looks like a bulldog that's been chasing parked cars................

What is more American, the American GMC that was built in Mexico or the Japanese Toyota that was built in America?

That truck was built in Mexico wink
6 of 1. half dozen the other.... I'm on my 2nd Tundra, had a 2008, have a 2017,,, I test drove Ford, Dodge, and Chevy this time, they just couldn't compare to the Tundra for me in how they felt and rode,, the 1500 chevy was to techno for me and felt like a huge car,, the 2500 chevy was a better feel and fit for me but price way wayyyy to high.

Toyota also had a better price than all the others, had the same salesman that I had in 2008.

[Linked Image]

Parents didn't give him enough attention.
If you'd like to see more pictures of the new truck (paid for with cash, "on the fuggin' spot", impressive)......check it out at GunWriterAzzSukkers.com

Why are you such an azzhole, Mikey? Please tell me you moved to Iowa from some chithole of a state like Kalifornicate. You're obviously not Iowa born unless your mom dropped you out of a hay mow on your head.
Originally Posted by RickyD

Why are you such an azzhole, Mikey? Please tell me you moved to Iowa from some chithole of a state like Kalifornicate. You're obviously not Iowa born unless your mom dropped you out of a hay mow on your head.

Well 52% of Iowans voted for Onumbnuts in 2012 so there's that.😜
Originally Posted by jaguartx

's up to you. I'm on my first and it's going to be "one and done." It's been a massive disappointment. It's predecessor, a Nissan Frontier, was far from perfect, but it was 3x the truck this Tacoma is. Oops.

Tom
Congrats DZ!
Congrats on the new ride Steve! You're happy, mama's happy, it's paid for. What else do you need? Your negotiating skills and mine are similar. I bought my new ride in 14 and got $14k off the MSRP as well.

So far I'm happy as well. Good luck with it my man!
Originally Posted by tzone
Congrats on the new ride Steve! You're happy, mama's happy, it's paid for. What else do you need? Your negotiating skills and mine are similar. I bought my new ride in 14 and got $14k off the MSRP as well.

So far I'm happy as well. Good luck with it my man!

Exactly!
Congrats on the nice new ride dogzapper. Good lookin' truck for sure. I always had great experiences with my Z71's, and I'm sure you will as well. It always cracks me up the clowns here that give out unsolicited financial advice and/or critiques of a guys stuff. Since you're able to pay cash for your stuff, you obviously know how to handle your finances, unlike the grandstand quarterbacks here.

Here's to wishing the wife a speedy recovery.
Very nice truck dogzapper. Just bought a brand new fully loaded crew cab silverado myself. Crappy thing is I bought a pearl white LTZ about 3 months ago only to have some bitch run me my wife and my daughter off the road. Damn near killed us and totaled the truck. We survived though and just finally got through all the bullcrap 3 months later. Absolutely love GM trucks. Best on the road IMO. Owned many and these things always just work for us.
Also got $12k off the sticker price. They were running 17% off and the dealer was willing to deal more so than usual.
Why do most people that buy trucks now a days buy the crewcab shortbed? IMO the extended cab longbed is the best configuration.
Extended cab sucks when you have a family to run around. Im also a big dude so no one would be able to sit behind me
Steve, good to hear from you. Enjoy the truck. Best to you and Karen.
Can I borrow it?
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Why do most people that buy trucks now a days buy the crewcab shortbed? IMO the extended cab longbed is the best configuration.

Because most people spend the majority of their time hauling around people vs. sheets of plywood and prefer to have the additional dry secure storage in the cab vs. the bed. I never wished I'd gotten a longbed vs. my crewcab shortbed. Never had an issue with dropping the tail gate to carry building materials.

For us, my truck is also the "family car." When we're traveling very far with two big teenage boys and the wife's two little dogs in the cab the limousine-sized back seat is skookum. Short bed has room for my dog's truck box and everything else we usually travel with. I seldom have to haul anything that won't fit back there and if I do I have a few trailers around.

Well I can only speak for myself. I bought a short bed crew because its my only vehicle and I want to be able to put four adults in my truck comfortably. I dont haul much other than gear and coolers in the bed. Its not a work truck so I dont have to haul anything big or long back there. I would prefer the crew with the long bed but my garage is not big enough for It to fit into. The short box crew fits in the garage with two inches to spare on either end. My decision now is cap, tonneu or nothing.
A long bed crew cab is a mofo to try and maneuver around city streets, backroads and parking lots.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
A long bed crew cab is a mofo to try and maneuver around city streets, backroads and parking lots.

Agree. When I want a long bed I lay the tail gate down.
Yep I've had issues on several road trips finding parking places where my crewmax did not stick out 3 feet into the road, or was to wide to fit. At 5.5 feet it's bed is short but still hauls everything I need and I have a hauling bar that fits the receiver for anything long, just brought a 20 foot culvert home with no issues
Originally Posted by PPosey
Yep I've had issues on several road trips finding parking places where my crewmax did not stick out 3 feet into the road, or was to wide to fit. At 5.5 feet it's bed is short but still hauls everything I need and I have a hauling bar that fits the receiver for anything long, just brought a 20 foot culvert home with no issues

Pics please!!
I wish I could get past the short bed hangup I have, much easier to park. But raised on a farm I'm pretty well set in my ways if an 8 ft. sheet of plywood doesn't fit in it with the tailgate closed, it's a trick truck, not a real truck.

my damn long bed crew cab is as long as my standard cab full bed with a snow plow attached! Sheesh, Fred Meyers wasn't thinkin about me when they put the parking lot in.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

always knew you were smarter than me Paul, and the wife says better lookin to boot!
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
The short box crew fits in the garage with two inches to spare on either end. My decision now is cap, tonneu or nothing.

Similar parking situation only I can't fit a crew cab short bed, for a full-size, an extra cab / short bed is a damned tight fit. Small truck (Taco, Frontier) .. no problem with a crew cab / short bed but I still have to back blind through a gap in a hedge into the alley to turn to leave and one of these days someone is going to hammer that rear quarter panel.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about Steve's truck. Congratulations, Steve. I have not driven a Chevy truck built since about .. mid 1970s. The new ones look really good. Catch my eye, cause me to do a double-take. You have done well, grasshoppah .. er, Dog-zappah! smile

Tom
Steve Timm's sphincter must be shaped like a nipple......

Mr Cash-money......on the fuggin' spot.

Originally Posted by RickyD

Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Fixed it for you

Central American...

Good luck with the new ride Steve. There will always be a peanut gallery.
They may not be very bright so just keep praying for them.

For everyones information.

https://www.google.com/#q=north+american+countries
Yes, please do pray. Pray Steve will stop seeking 'fuggin'-on-the-spot' self-glorification....and re-direct the glorification where it belongs.

That should light the boards up.

Originally Posted by scottishkat
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Fixed it for you

Central American...

Good luck with the new ride Steve. There will always be a peanut gallery.
They may not be very bright so just keep praying for them.

For everyones information.

https://www.google.com/#q=north+american+countries
I have nearly the exact same truck but a 2015 MY in Grey. I am approaching 80,000kms now. Had a few small issues but overal a nice truck. Congrats!
© 24hourcampfire