Home
Posted By: ConradCA This will chap your hide - 07/15/17

Feminist geographers encourage colleagues not to cite research of white men

Two feminist geographers are encouraging their colleagues to be more mindful about citing the research of white males because doing so contributes to “the reproduction of white heteromasculinity of geographical thought and scholarship.”

Writing in “Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography,” Carrie Mott and Daniel Cockayne argue that considering an author’s gender, race or sexuality prior to citation can be an effective “feminist and anti-racist technology of resistance that demonstrates engagement with those authors and voices we want to carry forward.”
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: This will chap your hide - 07/15/17
More fake history. The white man runs the world.
I give up. What the hell is a "feminist geographer"?
Batshittt Crazy!

These people should be soap and bone meal, then they'd be something of a modicum of worth.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: This will chap your hide - 07/15/17
If they didn't use such large words, they might get invited on The View.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Batshittt Crazy!

Yep. Judging by her looks, I'd say you are correct:

[Linked Image]
Wtf.......
Here's Danny Boy with her, on the left. Looks like he's still wet behind the ears.
Since he's a white male, according to their own standards, this research should not be sighted by other researchers.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I give up. What the hell is a "feminist geographer"?

They map caves full of guano.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: This will chap your hide - 07/15/17
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Batshittt Crazy!

Yep. Judging by her looks, I'd say you are correct:

[Linked Image]

When a female is that ugly then batshit crazy is pretty much the only avenue left.
http://geography.rutgers.edu/people/faculty-core/472-faculty-carrie-mott

Reading her page, I see a mentally ill individual who has managed to find a "school of higher learning" which will pay for her "research" into manifestations of her illness and see a like-minded (equally mentally ill) un-male colleague who is following her down that rabbit hole.

In addition to physical unattractiveness, I see a person who is just as unattractive inside.

Note; There is a Tarantula known to be very defensive, aggressively biting anyone who comes close at the slightest provocation. This is the "Orange Baboon Tarantula" aka "Orange Bitey Thing".

I hereby christen this nut-job "OBT". grin

Ed
Posted By: JamesJr Re: This will chap your hide - 07/15/17
All de problems in de world can be laid at de feets of de mean and ebil ole white man.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: This will chap your hide - 07/15/17
There are a LOT of people in the world that would NEVER have a job if they weren't hired by Schools & Universities.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: This will chap your hide - 07/16/17
Sent this to the department head:

To: [email protected]

Carrie Mott is a sexist racist pig who shouldn't be teaching anywhere. Nazis and KKK members would be fired and she is just as terrible.

Two feminist geographers are encouraging their colleagues to be more mindful about citing the research of white males because doing so contributes to “the reproduction of white heteromasculinity of geographical thought and scholarship.”

Writing in “Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography,” Carrie Mott and Daniel Cockayne argue that considering an author’s gender, race or sexuality prior to citation can be an effective “feminist and anti-racist technology of resistance that demonstrates engagement with those authors and voices we want to carry forward.”

Conrad Dost

Sent from my iPhone
© 24hourcampfire