Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Here's 1 more to watch out for:

I have an old email address that I use for nothing any more. The last 2 days I've received several emails supposedly from Amazon saying I'd earned $50 from their rewards program. It's a very real looking notice but they come on that old address which I've never used at Amazon. They have a link to go get your rewards. Clicking on it is likely going to fry either your computer or your credit card. They have another link for amazon.com which is Amazon's real address but I'm betting that their link doesn't go there.
Posted By: deflave Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
You just saved me $3 million dollars.

Thanks so much.

Dave

PS- Why do you have multiple e-mails?
Posted By: ihookem Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Thanks, I'm ready to buy a camera on Amazon and have noticed one was a scam so I emailed them. I was going to buy a Cannon 1 ds mark 11. I was told to email them before I bought it to make sure it's still available so I did. Then they said it was a Cannon G7. There is a huge difference between the two and the G7 is a fraction of the price.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by deflave

One the wife doesn't know about, of course. laugh
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Darned if I know. That's what they sent me. Maybe I have more than one 'reward' coming. I suspect that if I bite, I'll get a REAL reward.

This one looks real enough that I'm guessing they'll catch a lot of victims. Many will click on the link just to see what Amazon's up to.
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
I've been getting those - and similar emails from other "known" companies for some time, also on an older email address I've never used for such stuff (Dave, it is connected to my website - that's why I have it). I wish I could do something, but I guess deleting them as soon as they show up is about my only option.

Mike
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Life is tough for you.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
95% of my email is fake....
'tween cheap meds, free dick pills to keep her happy, russians trying to find me a hot wife, "here is your invoice for your recent purchase" BS or some fake "blue chip" company post,
I am awash in "scams".
Big deal.
They just prey on the stupid.
Like the lottery.
They are easy to spot and get deleted without being opened.
Life goes on.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
Most emails I get are scams or advertisements.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Amazon scam - 07/22/17
I'm going to be a secret Walmart Shopper and make a lot of money!! laugh

crazy Right...
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Amazon is anti-gun
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Most emails I get are scams or advertisements.

I have 2 email addresses, the Hotmail address is used for all my forums like this one, the Yahoo is for banking, Paypal, and Apple. Even if the junk Paypal and Apple gets past the junk folder and hits my inbox, I know it's fake because those accounts aren't set up on Hotmail. From the junk folder I just block them.

I do get an occasional one in my Yahoo spam folder but nothing like the Hotmail address.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by wageslave
'tween cheap meds, free dick pills to keep her happy, russians trying to find me a hot wife, "here is your invoice for your recent purchase" BS or some fake "blue chip" company post,
I am awash in "scams".
Big deal.
Like the lottery.
Life goes on.

That's why I have multiple email addys.

One is a generic one I use for most business and correspondence and it receives all the spam and phishing schiet.

The other is my 'good' private address that i give out VERY selectively.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
For the last month or so when I dump my e-junk mail I notice an Amazon scam notifying me of my successful order cancellation. It looks realistic, including the long order number. I never open them but to confirm my suspicion I did search for the supposed order number and it came back invalid.

In related news I've had four calls from India in the last week or so, but they're always interrupting a movie, so I don't take the time to fuqk with them.
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Well, I have to be extra careful - the IRS says they are watching my house and other addresses, a nd have a warrant for my arrest! This info came from a phone call - it HAS to be true!

Mike
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Amazon is anti-gun
So are most other companies in the country. It's impossible to avoid them all, or even find out who they all are. At least some of them avoid guns for liability reasons. Shooting victims will sue anyone if they think they can get a settlement whether they're at fault or not.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Amazon scam - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
I've been getting those - and similar emails from other "known" companies for some time, also on an older email address I've never used for such stuff (Dave, it is connected to my website - that's why I have it). I wish I could do something, but I guess deleting them as soon as they show up is about my only option.

Mike

Never follow a link sent to you via email.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Amazon scam - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by wageslave
I am awash in "scams".
Big deal.
Like the lottery.
Life goes on.

That's why I have multiple email addys.

One is a generic one I use for most business and correspondence and it receives all the spam and phishing schiet.

The other is my 'good' private address that i give out VERY selectively.

I think Ashley Madison sold my addy.......
As if I hadn't spent enough money with her already....
Bitch.

Slave
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Amazon scam - 07/24/17
So are most other companies in the country.

Lame. very lame.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Amazon scam - 07/25/17
here is Amazon scamming the customers

they are guilty of surge pricing on products by tracking their popularity

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features...es-misleading-consumers-says-vendor.html
© 24hourcampfire