Home
The neighbor boy enlisted in the Navy several years ago, and was wanting to get into one of the missile programs. I even had a government employee knock on my door wanting background information as Matt was being considered for a high security clearance program, which I gave a positive response to.

We talked about the military how the moral has improved, and they love General Mattis. He is involved with the Tomahawk missile program and I asked him if he was part of the 59 missile strike in Syria. He said no, that was another group.

We talked about the build up around North Korea and he said there was sufficient resources (both known and unknown) in that area and that it would be stopped before it even began! I had to laugh when he said a team of Navy Seals could go in and take that regime down in a heartbeat.

He said one of their biggest operations is cyber security. I don't want to mention it on here but I asked about a specific item as to whether the US was involved in and he smiled and said he could neither confirm nor deny that - I got the message.

He also pointed out the capabilities of their guided missiles that can hit within 4'-5' of the targeted coordinates - impressive. He does seem now to carry that "kick ass and take names" attitude.
Well he should be relieved that he can have a safe chat with a neighbor and not have it all over the internet.
Right on point, cuznquido. I have a family member in the military, and we don't discuss sensitive operational issues, deployments, etc. OpsSec is important.
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Right on point, cuznquido. I have a family member in the military, and we don't discuss sensitive operational issues, deployments, etc. OpsSec is important.

Agreed. Nice to know but I'd rather see this one deleted....
I hope this conversation is all a bunch of [bleep] that you made up because if it isn't sir you are a damn fool.

Goofy paranoid misfits.

Yeah , a lot of info disseminated here.

Good neighbor TP.
TP stand for toilet paper, or what's it's generally discarded with ?

You have NO idea how incredibly offensive your post is,.....obviously none whatsoever.

GTC
kinda reminds me of when i was in the AF and worked on TS SCI level programs. we were sworn to secrecy and i frankly didn't know what the hell i could say and couldn't so i mostly said i just worked on computers. not long after i got out i saw some of the programs i worked on layed out in Janes Defense and even Time Magazine.

a favorite saying in those days was "my jobs so secret, even i don't know what i'm doing". and with the nature of SCI programs, that was mostly true.
10 pages.
What secret did we learn? Moral is going up, and they can hit with in 4' of a target. Anything more secret he doesn't know it yet, that is why he needs the clearance. I suspect when he gets it, they will tell him not to say anything sensitive.
We learned nothing, as I already knew the OP was an idiot.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
The neighbor boy enlisted in the Navy several years ago, and was wanting to get into one of the missile programs. I even had a government employee knock on my door wanting background information as Matt was being considered for a high security clearance program, which I gave a positive response to.

We talked about the military how the moral has improved, and they love General Mattis. He is involved with the Tomahawk missile program and I asked him if he was part of the 59 missile strike in Syria. He said no, that was another group.

We talked about the build up around North Korea and he said there was sufficient resources (both known and unknown) in that area and that it would be stopped before it even began! I had to laugh when he said a team of Navy Seals could go in and take that regime down in a heartbeat.

He said one of their biggest operations is cyber security. I don't want to mention it on here but I asked about a specific item as to whether the US was involved in and he smiled and said he could neither confirm nor deny that - I got the message.

He also pointed out the capabilities of their guided missiles that can hit within 4'-5' of the targeted coordinates - impressive. He does seem now to carry that "kick ass and take names" attitude.

THINGS WE LEARNED:
-Some fugcking guy from MI might be getting a high sec. clearance, involved with Tomahawk program but not the Syria strike
-Moral (sic) is up, Navy loves Mattis
-We can take out the Norks in an hour (duh!)
-Navy concerned about cubersecurity (duh!)
-Our missiles are accurate (again, duh!)
-Some fugcking guy from MI has a badass attitude

That's some high level intel right there. Can I collude with old Vlad and sell it for a bunch of $$?
Hell, I'm concerned about cubersecurity too, isn't everybody?
so , you have a neighbor that might know something and doesn't mind talking about it .....

P.
You helped him get his clearance, Clarence?
This reminds me of the daily leaks against Trump, and the way the media and liberals all have a daily circle jerk over them... wink
Originally Posted by Zerk
What secret did we learn? Moral is going up, and they can hit with in 4' of a target. Anything more secret he doesn't know it yet, that is why he needs the clearance. I suspect when he gets it, they will tell him not to say anything sensitive.

I saw nothing sensitive. In fact, it was moral building for those of us who are now on the outside. We can confirm we hired the right guy in the Whitehouse.

kwg
Originally Posted by persiandog
so , you have a neighbor that might know something and doesn't mind talking about it .....

P.

Or he was just shooting the [bleep]. I would like to think, if he knew something he wouldn't say.

But it is good to hear that morale is up.
I'm sure a junior enlisted guy in the navy possesses all sorts of knowledge that would jeopardize national security. Lol.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I'm sure a junior enlisted guy in the navy possesses all sorts of knowledge that would jeopardize national security. Lol.

I know, lol

Kinda reminds me of the last gulf war when all of a sudden every other guy in the bars of south Mississippi was a seal in addition to their day job of loading trucks at the local tire distributor.
Originally Posted by kwg020

I saw nothing sensitive. In fact, it was moral building for those of us who are now on the outside. We can confirm we hired the right guy in the Whitehouse.

kwg

There you have it.
What secret did we learn? Moral is going up, and they can hit with in 4' of a target.

Now all the Norks have to do is move everything valuable 5 feet from where we think it is, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
What secret did we learn?

The Navy learned that even now this young man can not keep his mouth shut. My guess is he will be making eggs over easy shortly.
Cool. My son, wife, and I all have secret/top secret clearance. We never discuss classified info amongst each other, much less with neighbors while on leave. Keep us informed.
Casual observer: "So, I was driving on the public highway by the air force base this afternoon and I saw this peculiar jet on the runway..."

Grumpy Old Man: "Stop talking about it!!! Now the RussiansChinkerneseIsraeli'sNORKSFrenchDutchChileansNigerians will know all about it from this one post!!! Twenty years of secret development blown to hell because you broadcast it to the whole damn world!!! Harrumph!!!"

grin
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I know, lol

Kinda reminds me of the last gulf war when all of a sudden every other guy in the bars of south Mississippi was a seal in addition to their day job of loading trucks at the local tire distributor.

If i had a dollar for every sniper I've met...
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I know, lol

If i had a dollar for every sniper I've met...

Who was a "Green Beret" at the Bay of Pigs personally sent there by Kennedy...( I [bleep] you not)
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
10 pages.

Gave me one hell of a laugh and I thank you for that!

I remember us being shown and given a demo on the Starlighter scope in Infantry AIT back in '67. We were told not to talk, write or mention to anyone outside our immediate group anything about it or even that such a thing existed as it was supposedly top secret.

I was in awe at the insistence for secrecy as I had read a full story with pictures and details all about it in a Popular Mechanic a year or two prior.
Originally Posted by Happy_Prospector
What secret did we learn?

The Navy learned that even now this young man can not keep his mouth shut. My guess is he will be making eggs over easy shortly.

Right, cause there's a NCIS team of interrogators headed to TP's house right this minute to debrief him on any and all of the secrets he was told. I'll bet they will be prepared to waterboard the numbskull if need be...

You mean like Bradley/Chelsea Manning. Yeah, like that.
I never discuss my sons deployment or jobs at all.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I never discuss my sons deployment or jobs at all.

You just did.
have you considered TP is a good troll ?

P.
Originally Posted by persiandog
have you considered TP is a good troll ?

P.

Well, he does "live under da bridge" eh...

kwg

I expected the usual sarcasm from Schithead, but I didn't disclose anything that people should already know by now - even what I didn't mention is common knowledge. If the NSA sends the FBI to interrogate me, I'll let everyone know how it went.
and folks wonder why forum participation is down. laughing
I think your friend talks too much to have a TS clearance.

If he does have a TS clearance, he probably shouldn't.

My $.02

Actually and unfortunately, a few have and did. Witness Walker (the son) and the homo Army guy Manning who now says she's a chick..

kwg

I expected the usual sarcasm from Schithead, but I didn't disclose anything that people should already know by now - even what I didn't mention is common knowledge. If the NSA sends the FBI to interrogate me, I'll let everyone know how it went.

The fact that you imply that he told you things that you didn't post is concerning, and it is in no way for you to determine what should or shouldn't be classified or shared.

Most security breaches are the result of tiny pieces of information being collected and assembled into a bigger picture.

I will addd that the kid was cleearlyy talking abbout things he had absoluttely no idea about, and I doubt a security breech occured.
You people amaze me sometimes. Member comes on a posts about a coversation he has with neighbor kid in the service and you pick the damn post apart. Some you act like grumpy, constipated old men sometimes.

I find it no surprise moral is up with Obama gone. Do you?
be fair , we have been told : If you see something ,say something. and he did.

P.
I saw nothing sensitive.
I did. Lot's of sensitive snowflakes. Same ol, diff day.
Originally Posted by hatari
Some you act like grumpy, constipated old men sometimes.

Sometimes?
Sounds like the kids talking out if his ass to impress the neighbor guy.. everyone wants to do bad ass [bleep] until bad ass [bleep] has to be done.. why most folks just can't be happy and proud of the job they have in service is beyond me.

kwg

Figures you can't understand why you're an idiot.

You post photos you took of a woman with TP stuck to her, without ever considering telling her.

You post conversations with neighbors that I'm sure they had no desire to have posted. He may well be a great guy, but you are a piece of sheit. Is your life THAT FUQKING BORING that the only thing you can post is a conversation with a young man that was meant for YOU?

Sweet Jesus, you're what, 70 now? You plan on dying soon?
You people amaze me sometimes. Member comes on a posts about a coversation he has with neighbor kid in the service and you pick the damn post apart. Some you act like grumpy, constipated old men sometimes.

You amaze me, why the F*ck would you post a conversation with ANYONE? Sheit dude, tell me what your wife said while you were butt [bleep] her. I'm sure it was meant for the two of you, but tell the world.

I can't fathom the thought process of 'let me run to the internet and tell the world my private conversations with friends and families'
Jeezes that's crude. Wives should be off limits to this kind of garbage.
Sometimes what the grunts deal with as classified is pretty amazing considering the information in public domain.

Ex: rumor has it that Tom Clancy was drug before investigators for discosing top secret information in his Jack Ryan series. But he had records of library sources for everything he wrote.

Ex: i used to spend a lot of time playing Janes/EA combat flight sims and fast attack submarine sims. Specifically 688i, Longbow, USAF, F-15. FA-18, Falcon 4 ( different publisher). The weapons systems and data links are modeled fairly well in these games. Twenty years ago, these games showed our jet fighters as capable of firing medium range radar homing missiles without ever turning on the fighter's own radar if it was linked to an AWAC. I was at an airshow at Mountain Home Airbase at about that time, While MHAB was still home to the B-1 and F-15. I had the opportunity that day to tour an AWAC plane. I asked an Airman if this plane was cabable of data link to airborn fighter jets. Just to make conversation,

OMG, you would have thought I was asking for nuclear launch codes. The airman told me in no uncertain terms that all such information was highly classified and NOT to be discussed.

I am pretty certain sure that any entities interested in American Military capabilities already have a subscription to all of Janes' publications. And they know where to go to find the latest information available in the public domain.

That we could squash N Korea like we squashed The Republican Guard should be no surprise to anyone with their head not buried in the sand. And it is no state secret that the danger of the Norks acheiving at least one nuclear detonation over Seoul during that battle is a real possibility.
reporters do it :

When I was on CQ duty (charge of quarters – the guy who stays up all night to answer phones) in West Berlin I got a call from supposedly the XO of our medical detachment wanting to know how many troops we had in our battalion (4th Bn. 6th Inf). I repeated his question rather incredulously to verify that he wanted me to state our troop strength over an open phone line in West Berlin – where the Russians were monitoring every fart we made, and told him that I could not do that. Never mind that they probably already knew the names and homes towns of every soldier assigned there, plus the strength and makeup of an infantry battalion was pretty standardized anyway.

He got rather indignant and threatened me with the wrath of a junior officer, further stating that “the 2nd and 3rd battalion told him!” I just said sorry, sir, but I cannot give that info over an open phone line. If he were to show up in person with proper ID I would direct him to an officer authorized to give out that information.

I never knew if he actually was some butterbar trying to make up a report late at night as part of his other duties, some intel guy testing us or a clumsy Russian/East German attempt to see if we would actually give up that info.

Obama and Hillary set a whole new standard ???

Probably one of the most stupid, irresponsible things I ever saw was a regular CNN staff reporter reporting live from a known location in a major city in Israel during one of Saddam's Scud attacks, excitedly telling the viewing audience where the missiles were striking, naming buildings, streets, etc., in which direction and how close and far away each strike was in relation to where he was reporting from.

THINGS WE LEARNED:
-Some fugcking guy from MI might be getting a high sec. clearance, involved with Tomahawk program but not the Syria strike
-Moral (sic) is up, Navy loves Mattis
-We can take out the Norks in an hour (duh!)
-Navy concerned about cubersecurity (duh!)
-Our missiles are accurate (again, duh!)
-Some fugcking guy from MI has a badass attitude

That's some high level intel right there. Can I collude with old Vlad and sell it for a bunch of $$?

In my day, they called that "Essential Elements of Friendly Information".

Yep....I seen nothing posted that was sensitive much less secret...the navy was putting tomahawks through bunker windows on San Clemente island since shortly after they started testing them...I kind of doubt the Navy Seal story though....they are very capable in what they do, but to take down the whole country of North Korea??? That's stretching things a bit...maybe we should have just sent them to Afghanistan 15 years ago.... grin
I can confirm that nothing we have can stop at least one misslie from hitting South Korea. This is the crux of the problem.

Only an assassination with near simultaneous EMP strike can possibly negate the problem.
Some you act like grumpy, constipated old men sometimes.

They're not acting. Many of them are nasty old basturds.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You amaze me, why the F*ck would you post a conversation with ANYONE? Sheit dude, tell me what your wife said while you were butt [bleep] her. I'm sure it was meant for the two of you, but tell the world.

I can't fathom the thought process of 'let me run to the internet and tell the world my private conversations with friends and families'

Why do quote me and blast the OP?

I copied this from another site to post later, but it seems appropriate right about here.

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists,I am trying to apply the same principles to make friends outside of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom. I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them. And it works just like Facebook.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist

kwg

You post photos you took of a woman with TP stuck to her, without ever considering telling her.

You post conversations with neighbors that I'm sure they had no desire to have posted. He may well be a great guy, but you are a piece of sheit. Is your life THAT FUQKING BORING that the only thing you can post is a conversation with a young man that was meant for YOU?

How old are you - around 12 or so?

Now here is a great example of Schithead being a schit head. Probably still lives with his mother. She bought him a laptop so he could pretend to be like a forum moderator.

Attached picture nwyn2a.jpg

No secrets here. Nothing new.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
When I was on CQ duty (charge of quarters – the guy who stays up all night to answer phones) in West Berlin I got a call from supposedly the XO of our medical detachment wanting to know how many troops we had in our battalion (4th Bn. 6th Inf). I repeated his question rather incredulously to verify that he wanted me to state our troop strength over an open phone line in West Berlin – where the Russians were monitoring every fart we made, and told him that I could not do that. Never mind that they probably already knew the names and homes towns of every soldier assigned there, plus the strength and makeup of an infantry battalion was pretty standardized anyway.

He got rather indignant and threatened me with the wrath of a junior officer, further stating that “the 2nd and 3rd battalion told him!” I just said sorry, sir, but I cannot give that info over an open phone line. If he were to show up in person with proper ID I would direct him to an officer authorized to give out that information.

I never knew if he actually was some butterbar trying to make up a report late at night as part of his other duties, some intel guy testing us or a clumsy Russian/East German attempt to see if we would actually give up that info.

Thanks for the tip!

-Your buddy,
Kim Jong

kwg

How old are you - around 12 or so?

Now here is a great example of Schithead being a schit head. Probably still lives with his mother. She bought him a laptop so he could pretend to be like a forum moderator.

Taint Scott. This be Scott.

[Linked Image]
Cheonman-eyo!
10 pages.

You called it - I think it'll make it laugh

Well, the pack is getting a little rowdy - time to throw down some meat to keep 'em from chewing each other's tails off:

[Linked Image]
I was speaking to one of my son's friends recently, he enlisted in the Navy several years ago. I hadn't seen him in a while and I was surprised to find out that anything you don't lock up (watches, phones, electric shavers, etc.) aboard ship, is stolen pretty quickly by others. I guess it's not the military "band of brothers" (I know, wrong branch) type of brotherhood I imagine in my non-military mind. I would think that would be something the military would want to root out, no?

That said, I thank those that have served our country. -Tom T.
That's how life in the barracks was even in the mid-70s. In fact, the PO in charge of the barracks would go around checking to make sure all the doors were locked, and if he found your room unlocked he'd write you up. Theft was pandemic.

I saw a guy come flying out the third deck window one night, and he grabbed the water spout then scampered down like a monkey. I was so shocked it didn't even dawn on me what I had just witnessed for several minutes. No doubt the guy was a very accomplished and proficient thief.
The military is just like the members here, folks of all kinds, some honest some not, some [bleep], some not,
some you would like and some not.
Best to use what you can learn and leave opinions at home.
There's a number here I wouldn't share a fire or a meal with but I see no need to tell them about it.
A smart ass comment about something I write speaks to nothing about me, but says much about the responder.
The crap can't get past the screen anyway.
You call that big thing a shape? What does a shape do?
© 24hourcampfire