Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
A chainsaw-wielding attacker injured five people -- two seriously -- at an office building in Switzerland Monday morning, leading Swiss police on a manhunt to find the suspect.

Police sealed off the area in Schaffhausen after receiving a report of an attack about 10:40 a.m. local time. A shop owner in the area told local news site Blick a man with a chainsaw was walking through the streets terrorizing shoppers.

Police said the attack "is not a terrorist act," but warned residents to avoid the suburban town as they search for the attacker who fled the scene after the incident.

Police spokeswoman Cindy Beer told SRF television that authorities "can't say exactly what happened at this point."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...n-swiss-town-manhunt-on-for-suspect.html

Bet when they identify him, his name will be "Allahu Akbar" something or other...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
A foot in the door might be, no saws under 16", only three extra chains, smaller gas tanks.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
wonder if it was a Sthil or a Husky?
Posted By: centershot Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
It's the chainsaw's fault.
Posted By: RWE Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Poulan Wild Thang!
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by deerstalker

If it was a Stihl, half the potential victims would have already escaped after the 6-7th pull to get it started.....
Posted By: Hairtrigger Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
If chainsaws are outlawed, only outlaws will have chainsaws
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by fburgtx

If it was a Stihl, half the potential victims would have already escaped after the 6-7th pull to get it started.....

Stihl's built-in exercise guarantee-

If you can start this chainsaw with less than 10 pulls, we'll give you another saw of equal or lesser value for free.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Some people on here own Stihl chainsaws.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A foot in the door might be, no saws under 16", only three extra chains, smaller gas tanks.

And a limit of one tank of gas per month...........
Posted By: GunReader Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
How did they determine it wasn't terrorism?
Posted By: 1minute Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
If they would just serial number and register those things, these incidents would never happen. An obvious need for chainsaw control.

On starting Stihls: I have 3, and each has it's own personality. Practices used to start one, will absolutely flood the second. My old ProMacs all start on the third pull.
Posted By: las Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17

My experience too! smile
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by GunReader
How did they determine it wasn't terrorism?

I'd feel terrorized if someone attacked me with a chainsaw. On the rare occasion I was unarmed that is.
Posted By: littlecmonkey Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
I just told my sister I need a new pair of chaps (due to increased girth)for my birthday ...but it could be just fear of my 026 that made me ask.
Posted By: cotis Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
The offender is a crazy hermit living in the woods nearby. I will be there next week, I'm not too concerned. This dude would be easy to outrun!

[Linked Image]

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170724/br...ion-underway-in-schaffhausen-city-centre

Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
He looks pregnant
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17

The old models were built right, new ones are garbage...buy an Echo
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/24/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Stihl's built-in exercise guarantee-

If you can start this chainsaw with less than 10 pulls, we'll give you another saw of equal or lesser value for free.

thats why i have 4 of them, tried to get them to substitute a husky but they just laughed
the key to easier starting is premium ethanol free gas and sthil mix oil mixed precisely to spec. learned that 40 years ago.
hardest saw to start i ever had was a Mac 610. guy gave it to me because he couldn't start it. 6 hours on it.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/25/17
I have three of 'em - and cut a deal. I start one, and it starts the other two. Kinda like a pony motor, but not.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by cotis
The offender is a crazy hermit living in the woods nearby. I will be there next week, I'm not too concerned. This dude would be easy to outrun!

[Linked Image]

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170724/br...ion-underway-in-schaffhausen-city-centre

I had no idea Ingwe planed a trip to Switzerland.......... grin
Posted By: Owl Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/25/17

Originally Posted by RWE
Poulan Wild Thang!

Posted By: montanabadger Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/26/17
Chainsaws don't dismember people, people dismember people. I think if you have more than one sparkplug it should require an arsenal license.
Posted By: djs Re: Ban Chainsaws Now! - 07/26/17
I think we need to register all chainsaws, in preparation to confiscation.
© 24hourcampfire