Home
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...r-diagnosis/ar-AAoBJor?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Makes sense to me . . .
Not defending McCain as I can't stand the guy but if I had just found out I was a deadman walkin' I think I'd take a few days as well. I hope he takes off the rest of his term.

give the guy a break for hell's sake.............

would you wanna trade places ?
He just needs to resign.

I won't say anything to disparage him, but he needs to resign before he pulls anything more insane than he already has. And he needs to throw his support strongly towards his successor.

It's the right thing to do.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Not defending McCain as I can't stand the guy but if I had just found out I was a deadman walkin' I think I'd take a few days as well. I hope he takes off the rest of his term.

This. I don't agree with the direction he's taken, politically, lately, but he's earned some time off.

I'm active duty AF. My wife gets pissed when people refer to all that serve as a hero. So do I. I'm not a hero just for serving. I do feel I deserve some respect for serving since only 1% serves. But there are true heroes that serve. I'm not necessarily saying McCain is a hero, but he's certainly given more to this country in the Hanoi Hilton than most will give their whole life. Give him a break.
I hate McCain but to be fair, there's what looks like a heavy bench she and her father are sitting on and the terrain isn't exactly mountainous. I don't know any real hiking trails here that have park benches. I have friends that go for a "hike" in the local parks- yes, that's what they call a 0.5-2mi walk along a flat, paved surface. I'm not buying into the notion the McCains took what we on the 'fire would call a "hike" where there's significant elevation gain and mileage. I'm thinking it was a short little nature walk and old Maverick got tired and had to sit.

But I won't give John McCain the politician a break. Fugg pol McCain.
McCain and his family have a place somewhere up on Oak Creek - am thinking N of Sedona - and it would be a lovely place for retreat after the bad news he and they have received. The scenery and temps are pretty nice compared to summer desert in AZ, and am thinking a an easy walk along the creek path, some toes in the water and resting a spell on one of the provided benches would constitute the "hike" of which she spoke. Politically speaking, he's been a bonehead on some things, but I don't begrudge the man any peace and rest that can be found these days.
He need to be on vacation.
He has a place in Sedona/Cottonwood area. Bet that is where they are.
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Eh, give the guy a break, if you knew you were soon to be bed restricted, what would you want to do?
But he should step down.
He is reported to be heading back to DC this week to finish the distracting of anything g good that is left. Don't count him out till you s ell him burning in hell.
This is going to be a test of McCain's core. Does he resign to enjoy who and what he has left, or will he pull a Ted Kennedy. Any wagers?
It all depends on the the tumor is and how aggressive. My sis-in-law went for ten months, remained lucid through eight.
Had a friend go in about a month..never can tell. My question would be. why doesn't he want to stay right there where he is? Seems like a peaceful place to reflect and spend time with family, not the azzholes in DC.
Not saying I agree with the guy or not. But going back to DC, may mean he actually does believe in something. Rather than most of us who would get a case of mescal and a dozen whores.

What does bug me is, the people in his state elected him, not us. But some want to tell them how to run their state. Like when Pallin and Ann Colter came to WI to push a Trump anti Paul Ryan candidate, who got his ass kicked.

To many people in America forget it is a state issue.
Damn zerk, you know jack squat about rifles but you nailed it on this particular issue. Although personally, I'd forego the mescal and go for a good single malt.

Seriously though, the guy just got a diagnosis that says his days are numbered. Anyone who begrudges him spending a day with his daughter is just an assh***.
I prefer my Senators to not have brain cancer.

Hike away.
He won't leave till they carry him out feet first, to much ego.
He is a genuine POS and traitor.
yes, picture is taken in the Verde Valley. That bench is above Oak Creek, a little view of the valley below. Good enough hike for an 80 year old man. Hope I can take a walk with my daughter when I'm 80. If I had his diagnosis, I would head to the Verde Valley too. Godspeed, Commander McCain
“Senator McCain looks forward to returning to the United States Senate tomorrow to continue working on important legislation, including health care reform, the National Defense Authorization Act, and new sanctions on Russia, Iran and North Korea," McCain's office said on Monday evening.
i reconize those mountains, particularly the table top ones, been there, but off the top can't exactly place them. But that is land more apt to be found around cornville, just south of sedona, somewhere in there, not in the phx area.
I doubt very much if he "hiked" anything at all given the high temps and humidity right now.
How many people here voted for him?
Originally Posted by Zerk
How many people here voted for him?

Well I did as a vote against obongo hoping he'd win, get impeached for being a traitor and then Palin would take over.
I Voted for Palin but it could be said I voted for him because he was tagging along side of her
He' in DC today and blasted the lack of civility in the Senate.
I think the OP (and quite a few others) owe him an apology.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

It was a great speech. Especially considering the circumstances.

I don't listen to many all the way though, but I did this one.
If I had the diagnosis he had I might well shirk some of my duties myownself

An apology is likely once he falls to his knees and begs the forgiveness of every conservative he sold down the river.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

An apology is likely once he falls to his knees and begs the forgiveness of every conservative he sold down the river.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
© 24hourcampfire