Home
Posted By: tansinator "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
Doesn't mean what it used to.

That's all!

Eddie
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
I'll take it!

But could you hold it for me for two weeks for me to get paid and I might find another one for a lower price so be ready to renegotiate also I reserve the right to cancel my "I'll take it at anytime" just incase my wife or significant other decides to not let me have my balls from the quart jar on the refrigerator shelf she keeps them on.
Posted By: Owl Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
A man is only as good as his word... If not for his word or bond, he's nothing. If you don't have any integrity, what value are you in society ? Nothing but a turd on the ground, drying up till you crumble up and blow away with the wind.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by tansinator

That's all!

Eddie

No, it still means exactly the same as it ever did. Just many people today weren't brought up right, so never learned that your word is your bond.
Posted By: ingwe Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by Owl
A man is only as good as his word... If not for his word or bond, he's nothing. .

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
I thought it meant:

"I will buy it from you at the price you asked and I will have the funds to you by X date. If X is not soon enough then sorry to bother you."

Usually, my X is 'immediately", but I don't think naming a later time up front means you are crawfishing the deal. And if you as the seller agree to X date then it means you won't sell it out from under the buyer, even if you are offered more. That's what it means to me. Honesty and good faith on both sides.

But, yeah, I guess it doesn't mean that to everyone.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
This?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...62008/re-schimdt-and-bender#Post12162008
Posted By: Tracks Re: "I'll take it" - 07/25/17
The take it was conditional on the pics I think.
I didn't see anything firm there, but maybe a bit misleading.
Should be "if I like the pics, I'll take it"
Posted By: tansinator Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
The pics were 100% as described in the ad.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
I'll take,but only if it has x,y,z..So you sell it to someone who does not care if it has x,y,z because it doesn't. Then the first guy is pi$$ed then.Happened to me on here once.
Posted By: powdr Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
I recently made a $315 purchase from a campfire member via pm. I told him I was sitting on $250 and would have the other $65 in a couple of days. He said he would consider it sold. I appreciated that a lot since the item he was selling doesn't come along every day in the classifieds. powdr
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
A picture is worth a thousand words, give or take.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
"I'll take it pending pics" is conditional. If another guy came in with a hard "I'll take it" the second guy wins. The first guy should have send me pics and if I like it I'll take it.

P
Posted By: 79S Re: "I'll take it" - 07/26/17
I had sellers ask me to post I will take it, in the post they were selling the item in. Which I had no issue doing. In your add the so buyer never posted I will take it.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Originally Posted by tansinator

That's all!

Eddie

Well now it depends on where you said "I'll take it".

Did you say it here in the classifieds or at an LGBT event?
Posted By: rem141r Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
i will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today
Posted By: local_dirt Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
If you say "I'll take it", then you should. If you don't, then you're a sack. Simple.
Posted By: kellory Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
"I'll take it's is a verbal handshake. I do work on a handshake basis often. So I see no diffrence with making a sale. "I'll take it " is a verbal contract. (YMMV)
Posted By: GeoW Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
A conditional "I'll take it" sucks ass big time. It's just a way for a drag assed dreamer to prolong a sale while he waits for his ship to come in... It never does.

g
Posted By: Three30Eight Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Its tough...we've all had them go down like this. Ive had many more positive experiences however...and I've been buying and selling via forums for close to 20 years now.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
just offer lay a way.....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
I've done many 5 and 6 figure deals on handshake and verbal agreements. If you're a man, your handshake and your word are your bond.

Like I said before. If not, you're a sack.

My friends are all that way, too.
Posted By: wageslave Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
This spring I had a KOA SuperAmerica 375 H&H for sale.
Guy wanted it but was a little short.
No problem.
We made a deal @ $550 a month for 4 months.....
He paid it off in 3.
I sent it.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
A few years ago I sold a couple of hunting jackets on here.

For an experiment I put a predator call in the pocket of one and a pocket knife in the pocket of the other.

Neither one of the buyers made an effort to inform me that I'd left something in the jackets.

The predator call was a gift and the pocket knife was a little Case that I found at the dump so I wasn't out anything.

If either one of them had contacted me I planned to tell them to just keep the item but they both saved me the trouble.

Human nature seldom disappoints.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
I've bought a few guns out of the classifieds - usually from ABQ.
Called first, told them that if it was clean, and as advertised, I would give the asking price -
HOWEVER - I wasn't interested in driving 2+ hours, each way, without a guarantee that they wouldn't sell out from under me.
I purchased all but one - whose owner would NOT agree to hold for a few hours. OK - that is his prerogative, and it was upfront.

Even though it was advertised several days later, I had lost interest.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
"I'll take it" and I want o see the pictures should not be in the same sentence. "I'll take it" is your word to buy it.
Posted By: readonly Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
"I'll take it pending pics" is a BS response. It is not an acceptance nor a counter offer, but rather a conditional acceptance subjective to the person posting the response. But it also could discourage others from coming in and giving an acceptance.

I ran into this on a different forum. I was selling something and had a couple pics. Somebody post they'd take it subject to more pics (conditional). Somebody else came in and said they would take it now. That person got it. The conditional poster got butt hurt. A year later I had another posted and he came right back and bought it.

If somebody wants more pics, they should just ask for more pics and not try to hold up other buyers in the meantime.
Posted By: readonly Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

For an experiment I put a predator call in the pocket of one and a pocket knife in the pocket of the other.

Neither one of the buyers made an effort to inform me that I'd left something in the jackets.

The predator call was a gift and the pocket knife was a little Case that I found at the dump so I wasn't out anything.

If either one of them had contacted me I planned to tell them to just keep the item but they both saved me the trouble.

I'd say that's squarely on you, not them. Don't play [bleep] [bleep] games with buyers or go around using the classifieds as a vehicle for pontificating about human nature and [bleep] disappointed you are with your own d!ck size.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Your still butthurt that the call didn't work?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Originally Posted by huntsman22

smirk
Posted By: Steelhead Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Men never have problems with this stuff.
Posted By: fish head Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17

I've given away small extras with some of the stuff I've sold here and got Thank Yous for it.

Not everybody is a dick and especially those that have been around here for awhile.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17

Yes I am.....thanks for nothing Don.
Posted By: gremcat Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Only once in hundred + transactions did I fail to get paymentvoyt in time. Had a good deal on a 22 come through. Offered to buy it and wanted but PMd I was working remote can I pay any way other than MO( check, etc.) guy said no. I was supposed to be home but site blewvup and literally had Execs in every day. Working from 5 am-10 pm everyday. I asked again about any other way to pay and explained. He wanted a MO only. I found a store and hit an ATM. Went inside and their MO machine was down. I finally emailed and apologized. If he wouldn't accept any other payment I didn't even know when or where a PO was. He got rightfully Pi$$ed and reposted. I still feel like crap and it still bugs me. I wish I would have not offered to buy it or just mailed cash I guess.
Posted By: kellory Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Feel free to be disappointed wink. I bought a bullet mold for my muzzleloader, and the seller threw in a selection of other bullets just to try out. (Very thoughtful, and much appreciated).
I recently bought a fly fishing vest, and with payment, tossed in a gift of a pocket fishing kit. I hope he enjoys it. smile
Posted By: muleshoe Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
How's about posting pictures with the original sale ad?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17

Yes I am.....thanks for nothing Don.

FG, that was to readonly
Posted By: boatboy Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Ill take it just means that

I like those that said it was a verbal handshake

Hank
Posted By: Brad Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
In my years on this forum, and the hundreds of items I've sold in the classifieds, I've only had one person say "I'll Take It", then back out. That says more good about the vast majority here than an indictment of that one (well known) member.

I've always lived by the rule; "swear to your own hurt and change not."
Posted By: tansinator Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
"I'll take it" and I want o see the pictures should not be in the same sentence. "I'll take it" is your word to buy it.

I agree.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Lots of good people on here. Considering the potential for problems most here are a pleasure to buy and sell with. For all the bickering and disagreements in the Hunters Forum, when it comes to classifieds transactions it goes surprisingly well overall, imo. I guess guys can compartmentalize pretty well LOL.

I was surprised to read the recent billy336 thread. Did that ever get resolved? I've had transactions with billy and no troubles at all. In that case I wouldn't have seen that coming, so I'm not sure how you can predict with 100% certainty who you're going to have trouble with.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: "I'll take it" - 07/27/17
Originally Posted by muleshoe
How's about posting pictures with the original sale ad?

Winner, winner. Chicken Dinner !!
© 24hourcampfire