Home
Posted By: persiandog power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
anyone interested to have a pool , may be $5 or $10 each ?

think about all the guns you can buy with $700M.

P.
Posted By: dale06 Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
My friends often ask me why I don't buy lottery tickets.
My answer is always the same.. "I passed third grade math."
I can see a bunch of campfire posters splitting up 700 million $ agreeably.
Originally Posted by dale06

Much more likely to be struck by lightning twice on the same day.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
Actually would need a written and signed contract by all participants, it becomes a mess very quickly....great idea tho.

Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Actually would need a written and signed contract by all participants, it becomes a mess very quickly....great idea tho.

no, we take picture of tickets and post here
I will volunteer to hold the tickets for everyone.
count me in. how do you want me to send the money ?

P.
So nice they can afford to give away so much money. I wonder where they get it?
Posted By: Ringman Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17

The thing they didn't teach in "third grade math" is, eventually someone will get it. I'll buy a ticket. But then, I would buy a ticket for a $1,000,000.
Originally Posted by persiandog

no, we take picture of tickets and post here

It's not that simple legally, but I'll play if someone gets the format together.
imagine the headlines , movies , interviews , etc..

P.
Posted By: Raeford Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
If won imagine the MSM taking a peak in here.... laugh
They'd have material for years.
It's not that simple legally, but I'll play if someone gets the format together.

1- we send money min $5 , or multiple of $5 to The_Real_Hawkeye
2- he will collect the money with a deadline of 12:00 PM PDT tomorrow
3- he will buy the tickets , sign in the back of ticket "campfire persian pool"
4- he will take picture of all tickets and email and post it here with the location ticket was purchased.
5- he will list the user name of all who participated.
5- we wait

P.
We have a hole in wallet forever.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17

4- he will take picture of all tickets and email and post it here with the location ticket was purchased.
5- we wait

P.

Almost worth $5 just to put TRH through all that trouble.

A buddy of mine won $9.4 million in the Oregon lottery seven years ago. He hunts and fishes a lot.

P
Posted By: Steve Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
I'm in for $350M worth. I'm good for it... wink

5- we wait

P.

Sounds good, I'd add:
1) "will split winnings evenly among all participants, if a winning ticket"
2) "proceeds go to member's wife/family, if member dies/killed prior to collecting said winnings"
3) I'm pretty sure all players would have to agree on the immediate payout-deferred payment also, prior to winning.

Lastly: each member could purchase $5/$10 worth of agreed upon tickets themselves and post pictures for players...then all players share all tickets.

Just saying, for 700mil,,,crazy chiit can happen smile
Posted By: rong Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/22/17
Where do we send the bitcoin?
Can't imagine if 1 person wins that much,holy cow,one would have to hire a tax/estate lawyer then RUN.
You'd have every solicitor from here to Cali chasing you.And every long lost cousin you didn't know you had.
It's only $700 million based on 30 payments one up front and 29 more. . In the short term it';s $443.3 million. Then there will be, depending on how it's divided 39.5% taxes federal, then each person will have to deal with state taxes, and other issues. Something like this needs to be planned over time. Last time it got up there like this there were 3 different tickets from around the country that were winners. You don't have time to send money all over he place. Personally If I were going to send money to someone it would be someone in California, or New York. They have the most winners.. I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy 10 tickets with the multiplier so $3 each. Odds of winning a prize is way better to win $1million or 2 million with the multiplier than a theoretical $700 million. Last week it was $535 million and has gone up $165 million that is a lot of players.
What a waste.. They should break it up to 10 mill...think about it 70 people , it would be fun ! Lots of winning
Redistribution of wealth right here on the 'fire
Originally Posted by atvalaska
What a waste.. They should break it up to 10 mill...think about it 70 people , it would be fun ! Lots of winning

They specifically take the opposite strategy since ticket sales explode when the jackpot gets up to huge numbers like this. People that never buy a ticket will suddenly go out and spend $50 or $100 on tickets, or folks that wouldn't think of buying one get into pools like this.

I agree with you - I'd just as soon not win $700,000,000 (I think I'm fairly safe there wink ) since that much money dropped into someone's life would be a royal PITA, but it would be nice to see a lot more people winning $10 or $15 million jackpots. Unless someone was a fool and pissed it all away, $3 to $5 million - present value minus taxes - would certainly give a person or his/her family a nice cushion.

But the bottom line for Powerball and the states that support it is to sell tickets, so they've gradually raised the odds more and more so the jackpot wins get fewer and fewer so the money in the jackpot goes higher and higher.
ok , I bought my own tickets but still willing to share more tickets with CF.

P.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/23/17
ok , I bought my own tickets but still willing to share more tickets with CF.

P.

How many tickets are we each buying ?
I feel sorry for whoever wins the whole pile of $$ and doesn't know a good, trustworthy estate attorney to contact before claiming their winnings.
A few years back in 2002, before Oklahoma had the lottery, there were three candidates for governor . . .a democrat, a republican, and an independent. Steve Largent, of Seattle Seahawk fame, was the Republican evangelical candidate and was against the lottery on moral grounds that it was gambling. Brad Henry, the democrat and eventual winner was for the lottery to pay for education shortfalls. Gary Richardson, the independent, was a former Republican and was part of a three-man debate on TV. When the subject of the lottery came up Largent waxed eloquent against it on the grounds it was "gambling" which was sinful. Richardson took the position that the lottery was definitely not gambling because, by definition, gambling requires one to have a chance to win! . . . the live audience at the debate brought the house down with laughter, and Largent had to agree as he laughed and shook Richardson's hand.
Posted By: Toddly Re: power ball is $700 MILLION - 08/23/17
I won the lottery when I built my company. I did however buy all our employees a ticket this week.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho I won!!! - 08/24/17
I won! I won!

Well, at least I won $28, but as a ROI for a single $3 ticket it ain't bad... wink
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
Odds 1 in 272 million. I tripled my odds and still lost. Hard to believe.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
"A tax on the mathematically challenged..."
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
Originally Posted by Orion2000
"A tax on the mathematically challenged..."

Your odds are many times better of winning one of those big, multi-million dollar, jackpots at one of those machines in Vegas.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
Looks like there was a single winner. Lucky person.
Posted By: Seafire Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
Well I sure as hell hope they didn't give my winning ticket to someone else again..

the Baffoons keep on doing that....
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: I won!!! - 08/24/17
In Massachusetts no less. Hope it was a frigging Trump supporter at least, says the guy from KOMMIEFORNIA.😜
© 24hourcampfire