Home
Posted By: 6mm250 Bone Marrow Biopsy/Aspiration - 09/20/17
Had this procedure yesterday at a local doctor's office.

To say that there was something lacking in their procedure would be an understatement.

I felt like they Pearl Harbored my ass , no warning except "you're going to feel a short little pull". Then all hell broke loose when that lightening bolt went down my leg to my ankle. Why it didn't continue on to my toenails I don't know. Hurt like , hell I don't know what it hurt like cause I've never been hurt like that. I damn near passed out but I guess the volume of my bellowing kept me conscious.

Anybody ever had this procedure done & how was it for you ? Maybe I just reminded that technician of her ex ?

Mike
When my youngest son had it done over 16 years ago (at age 6) he was under an anesthetic so felt no pain, even though they had to do it twice since the sample collected the first time was no good. mad

He was sore for a few days after that.
I hope the test results rule out the need for anymore "procedures" Mike. When will you know?
Sorry to hear this. I pray you get good news.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I hope the test results rule out the need for anymore "procedures" Mike. When will you know?

Next appointment with the doc is the 28th , so by then , or I might get a phone call sooner.

Mike
Posted By: JOG Re: Bone Marrow Biopsy/Aspiration - 09/20/17
I had it done in '77 - they hog tied me to a gurney and put a bite stick in my mouth. After the doc had the marrow he uttered the last words I wanted to hear: "The first one is done - one more."
I hope you heal quick and have good news.
Yep, the Doc told me "you might feel a little pressure" Ya, right.
I had it done a month ago or so. Yes, 2 dips into the hip. They got the samples they needed each time. It was not pleasant in any way but less painful than some do report. I was expecting it to be worse than it was. Would like to never have it repeated, especially since the reason for the biopsy was not so good. They disease being diagnosed had not entered the bone marrow. Good news.
Prayers offered Mike. You still have the "Come hang out in the mountains" Offer. I have a shooting lane cleared out to a bit over 400 yards now... Just found the steel target I had misplaced for over a year too.

This getting to be an old guy thing is strange... I've been doing my best to just ignore the process. Some days that's getting harder to do.
I had that done a few months back. My hemotologist/oncologist gave me an iV of Versed. They broke out the brass hammer and punched away into my tailbone.

Not that big of a deal. I walked out of there in 30mins. Had the old man drive me home.

Myelodysplastic syndrome, leukopenia- both induced from transplant anti-rejection meds.
My best bud had a few chunks taken out of his hip with a high end melon baller.

It all stemmed from taking a 9mm HP straight to his face. Blew half his teeth out of his mouth along with some jaw. Took a few years to get right. They took the bone from his hip to build up his jaw.

He said the bone melon baller was by far the worst part of the whole ordeal.

I had a bone graft like mad mooner's buddy, hurts like bloody hell.
I have be told that "discomfort" does not come close to describing the feeling.
I hope you get good results from the tests
It's worse if your donating bone marrow or getting an bone graft off you hip. The bone graft in particular is painful.
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
It's worse if your donating bone marrow or getting an bone graft off you hip. The bone graft in particular is painful.

I had a bone graft taken from my hip in 1986. At least they had the decency to put me out for that one.

Mike
© 24hourcampfire