Home
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Campfire members - 09/23/17
The two prior threads about members got me to thinking about it. Some of the members many think are jerks are some of the best you'll ever know in life. Some of the members are always quick to pray for others and are quiet but always there. Some just want to be heard and that's OK with me. When we lost High Brass the ones that responded with grace and kindness will never be forgotten. Some of those some members would never guess but they didn't surprise me.
After two days of "some assembly required" on a murphy bed I'm chilling with some good brews and grateful for my lot in life. Many of you are part of that and I thank you.
Before anyone else sez it ... GFY to you too!!! wink
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Campfire members - 09/23/17
+1. Dave_in_WV is one of the best here!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Campfire members - 09/23/17
Take care Dave!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Always nice to see the sunny side.

Posted By: byc Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Dave did not really know High Brass nor did I pick up on his passing. Must have been during my last sabbatical from this jungle of a place. I always try to express my blessings for those who pass as well as those effected by the terrible void in their lives. However, the memories will live forever.

So sorry for the loss of your friend and Godspeed healing to the extended families.

David Lee
Posted By: ingwe Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Where did you ever find a Murphy bed in this day and age?
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Good thoughts Dave and I agree.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
High Brass was his son.
Posted By: SKane Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Before anyone else sez it ... GFY to you too!!! wink

Dave, I've long admired your spirit - particularly in dealing with the egregious loss of High Brass.
Posted By: byc Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Yes, via the PM's of many friends I now realize that and further express both my blessings and condolences for the loss of your son Dave.

David
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
you are a good man Dave. Always respected you. Never heard anyone say an ill word about you. smile
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Originally Posted by ingwe
Where did you ever find a Murphy bed in this day and age?

Do a Google search. Ours is a kit built in Idaho. I guess they a popular these days to save space.
This is a full size bed. The glass was hand blown about 10 miles from the house by Blenko Glass.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture murphy bed.JPG
Thanks for the kind words.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Dave one of these trips back home I WILL go out of my way to shake your hand and most likely share a brew or two smile ...it's on my bucket list...My visit with High Brass although short was a testament to his upbringing ...Wasn't hard to tell right off he was a young lad any man would be proud to call son..
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Well said....
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
[quote=ingwe]Where did you ever find a Murphy bed in this day and age?

Do a Google search. Ours is a kit built in Idaho. I guess they a popular these days to save space.
This is a full size bed. The glass was hand blown about 10 miles from the house by Blenko Glass.

West Virginia has a long and rich history in hand blow glass artistry .
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
[quote=Dave_in_WV][quote=ingwe]Where did you ever find a Murphy bed in this day and age?

West Virginia has a long and rich history in hand blown glass artistry .
Posted By: Seafire Re: Campfire members - 09/24/17
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Dave one of these trips back home I WILL go out of my way to shake your hand and most likely share a brew or two smile ...it's on my bucket list...My visit with High Brass although short was a testament to his upbringing ...Wasn't hard to tell right off he was a young lad any man would be proud to call son..

Woody,

you don't know how much the hospitality you've extended to me in my passing thru
has meant...

I've had the opportunity to enjoy some of Dave's and Belinda's hospitality also..

You are a great host, and Dave and his wife, will not disappoint you either...

At both places I felt like Long Lost Family, with people who seemed to honor family...

Both you gentlemen remind me so much of the West Virginia folk I remember in my youth...
It was a pleasure to have you with us.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Campfire members - 09/25/17
smile smile
© 24hourcampfire