Home
I turned off the kNeelers Football League yesterday. I was thinking if they'd address this anthem situation I'd come back. Then I got to thinking even if the NFL somehow forces the players to stand for the anthem, would I go back to watching games knowing that some of the players are only standing because they'll be fined/fired/whatever if they don't get off their asses?

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go back knowing they're only standing because they're essentially forced to do so.

I think the contracts should say "You will stand for the national anthem or you will not play that day and you will be fined $100,000." It's like Marshawn Lynch and getting fined $50k for not attending press conferences and speaking. He showed up and he "talked."

I think the NFL will keep doubling down on stupid for another 1-2 months until they're really taking it in the shorts in terms of revenue. Then they'll come up with a policy that players will stand for the anthem or they'll hit the players financially. I'm not sure I'll come back even once they fix this because it will ONLY be fixed for financial reasons. We'll see.

And yes, we needed another thread on it.
i think they'll change the rules to no longer require the national anthem at games and end up with some queer pregame rap song that makes the blacks happy. thats the point of this all. just make the blacks happy.
They will stop playing the anthem and think they have solved the problem.
What we've seen lately is not the problem, but only one of the signs.
I haven’t watched a MLB game since the player strike and haven’t missed it all. The NFL is dead to me and I imagine the NBA is next.
The Vikings were about the only pro team I watched if I had time. After this weekend, I'll be saving more electricity! Most everything is on cable or dish of which I have never spent a dime.
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think they'll change the rules to no longer require the national anthem at games and end up with some queer pregame rap song that makes the blacks happy. thats the point of this all. just make the blacks happy.

Originally Posted by Tracks
They will stop playing t the anthem and think they have solved the problem.

I think you guys are right. When that happens, I think they'll lose more fans.
You watch NBA games? How?
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching h@ll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.
Originally Posted by MarkFed
You watch NBA games? How?

Playoffs have pretty much been it since the Stockton/Malone era, but that'll be coming to an end too.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.
Lets see what, if anything happens to ratings next week.

That will be the tell.
Sure they can be required to stand, just as they are required to piss in a cup. The NFL tells them what they can and can't put into their bodies, the damn sure can tell them to stand.
A guy like Jerry Jones, if he really got pissed, could sit the whole team on the bench and forfit a game or two, enough to be sure to miss the playoffs and cost the fools a lot of playoff money. Jerry could afford the loss, could the team?
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching h@ll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.

Let me know when you need a pard...
They dont get the connection. It is about respect for our flag and national anthem not about equal rights or color of skin. As far as I am concerned they can take their multi millions and leave the US. This is much the same as the flag burning of years ago.

If I lived in a city that had a team I would be mad as hell about the tax $$$ that were flowing into these teams.
Just shut off the Cowboy /Cards game .even ole Jerry took a knee. Bye,bye NFL
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Just shut off the Cowboy /Cards game .even ole Jerry took a knee. Bye,bye NFL

Not during the Anthem they didn't.
A guy like Jerry Jones, if he really got pissed, could sit the whole team on the bench and forfit a game or two, enough to be sure to miss the playoffs and cost the fools a lot of playoff money. Jerry could afford the loss, could the team?

Ah. It wasn't during the anthem,
quite,
but right before.

I just saw Jones making a big show of taking a knee
Not watching now,
just wanted to see
what the sumbritches
would do.
I agree with the premis that they will no longer play the national anthem. It is not a requirement.

Or the teams will simply stay in the locker room during the Anthem.

Either way, or allowing the players to diss the Flag and Anthem, will end my viewing of NFL, or knowingly buying any product endorsed by any NFL player, whether or not they are a racist protestor. Fug 'em all.

This chit is racism, pure and simple. And highly inappropriate in the workplace.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.

As a lifelong Packer fan, I was hoping they would all stand. But I saw the game, and 3 players sat on their assses. Bennett, Kendricks, and King.
So even they have 3 pieces of schit.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

As a lifelong Packer fan, I was hoping they would all stand. But I saw the game, and 3 players sat on their assses. Bennett, Kendricks, and King.
So even they have 3 pieces of schit.

Yup, and the Packers President came out strong against Trump.
Sign every petition you can find, and send a note to the players association at "[email protected]"
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I turned off the kNeelers Football League yesterday. I was thinking if they'd address this anthem situation I'd come back. Then I got to thinking even if the NFL somehow forces the players to stand for the anthem, would I go back to watching games knowing that some of the players are only standing because they'll be fined/fired/whatever if they don't get off their asses?

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go back knowing they're only standing because they're essentially forced to do so.

I think the contracts should say "You will stand for the national anthem or you will not play that day and you will be fined $100,000." It's like Marshawn Lynch and getting fined $50k for not attending press conferences and speaking. He showed up and he "talked."

I think the NFL will keep doubling down on stupid for another 1-2 months until they're really taking it in the shorts in terms of revenue. Then they'll come up with a policy that players will stand for the anthem or they'll hit the players financially. I'm not sure I'll come back even once they fix this because it will ONLY be fixed for financial reasons. We'll see.

This is what they can do:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ally-fire-players-for-their-conduct.html
I grew up near Detroit, so I never had a team to follow and couldn't possibly care less about the NFL. Never watched but won't start now. I just think that those players ought to show some appreciation for the country that allows them to be millionaires for playing a game. I'm a vet and don't feel disrespected by what they do, but I do think they are being asinine. There are many places in the world where the crap they are protesting is much more common than here, and is expected and condoned. If they truly wanted to make a statement, They should quit their job and go do something about those things where there is real risk in doing so.

Rant off, old70
Watching D-Day to Victory on AHC.

I'll get along fine.

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy
I love the game. Absolutely love it. Couldn't stop watching since I was 8. But after what I saw this past weekend I shut off my tv for the first time ever. I was so angry I was shaking.

I want the NFL, it's players and it's owners to feel some of the same pain some of us have felt.
If I need to watch some football I will watch a high school game on Fridays.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lets see what, if anything happens to ratings next week.

That will be the tell.

The NFL Ratings Are in After Day of Mass Anthem Protests...

Following President Donald Trump's aggressive comments Friday night during a rally about those who chose to “disrespect the flag,” more NFL players than ever protested the national anthem on Sunday before their games. But there was only one victim at the end of the day: the NFL.

Now, after hundreds of NFL players protested the national anthem on Sunday, the NFL is reporting the lowest ratings they've seen all season. Deadline reports:

In metered market numbers, the primetime match-up between the 27-10 winning Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders snared an 11.6/20.

The worst Sunday Night Football has performed this season so far, that’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s Atlanta Falcon’s 34-23 win over the Green Bay Packers. Gaining cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of SNF for the 2017-2018 season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Last night’s Sunday Night Football peaked with a 12.5/20 during the second quarter at 9 – 9:30 PM ET. Not that such a number can feel good to the NFL with ratings down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle last year.

One Twitter user summed it up well:

Follow
Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 @RealSaavedra
1. Trump insults NFL
2. More players kneel
3. Ratings plummet
4. Trump mocks ratings
5. More players kneel
6. Ratings crash
7. Trump wins

The protests are expected to continue through Monday Night Football as the Dallas Cowboys face the Arizona Cardinals.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/09/982740-nfl-ratings-day-mass-anthem-protests/
Trump was right. Players can be fired if they don't stand for the anthem.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ally-fire-players-for-their-conduct.html
My wife loves it. I mowed the yard, stacked some firewood, pretended to clean the garage, took the girls to the store, and loaded some 45-70.

Life is good.

God Bless America.
I played rec football for 5 yrs as a teenager as I'm sure all these NFL guys did but before every game we stood up and held our hands over our hearts for the pledge same as we did in school every morning I didn't see anybody kneeling or hiding from it this was 15 -20 yrs ago what happened my team had blacks and whites we were taught to be a team to be brothers look out for each other when we won we were proud when we lost we put up a good fight and shook hands with the other team but every one of us stood up and pledged to that flag or we got our ass beat by our parents or kicked off the team by the coach
I went and shot two rounds of skeet. Then went to "the Sanctuary" and we had a walleye fry and talked hunting and guns. Great day!
I wonder if copper dick or what ever his name is has children and encourages them to do the same as he does when they say the pledge at school
$86 bucks for a [bleep] seat, $8 bucks for a [bleep] beer and $5 bucks for a [bleep] hot dog. And don’t forget parking - $50 bucks for a [bleep] spot that takes an hour to get out of thanks to [bleep] traffic control.

Yep, nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the average American.
Getting rid of the anthem before games would be a coward's escape. So I also assume that will be their "answer."
Last year and so far this year the ratings have fallen 16%.

If they keep doing this crap they will one day see they just might have pissed off a lot of folks who watch them and have money to spend.

I think that that is the only thing that will make things right.
Originally Posted by rlott
$86 bucks for a [bleep] seat, $8 bucks for a [bleep] beer and $5 bucks for a [bleep] hot dog. And don’t forget parking - $50 bucks for a [bleep] spot that takes an hour to get out of thanks to [bleep] traffic control.

Yep, nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the average American.

Sounds like a bargain. Lunch for my wife, grandson and I was $74 at a Braves game. Beer is $9.50 and a hot dog with fries is 16. The tickets were $200. You are getting off cheap. Of course, we have a fancy new stadium but a mediocre team.
Democrats dont care about that.

Hollywood has done the same thing.

Things wont be the same; after its over, what you want to go back to you wont even recognize....
If you get weak, remember two American teams knelt for our anthem and stood for "God save the Queen".
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
My wife loves it. I mowed the yard, stacked some firewood, pretended to clean the garage, took the girls to the store, and loaded some 45-70.

Life is good.

God Bless America.

Yeah. Same here.
FYI

Who are the “official sponsors” of the NFL?

This season, it’s: Anheuser-Busch InBev; Barclays; Bose; Bridgestone; Campbell’s; Castrol; Dannon; DMI; EA Sports; Extreme Networks; FedEx; Ford; Frito-Lay (PepsiCo-owned); Gatorade (PepsiCo-owned); Hyundai; Intel; Marriott; Mars; McDonald’s; Microsoft; Nationwide; New Era; News America; Nike; Papa John’s; PepsiCo; Procter & Gamble; Quaker; Sirius XM; Ticketmaster; Under Armour; USAA; Verizon; Visa; and Zebra.
Can't say that I have ever watched even a portion of a game since I was like; 12. I simply can't get into sports.

A bunch of dudes chasing a ball around, thinking they're hot chit because of it.

No thanks. I'll stick to drinking beer, killing things and checking out the sluts on the VBTE.
NFL can KMA and SMD.
I'm with you Inman.
Every Cowboy that knelt tonight should be fired, and every SOB that knelt yesterday should be too.
That isn't my call but, I don't have to watch them anymore this year
People are mostly sheep and won't give up there nfl Sunday beer drinking session.. People in general have no principals to stad for anymore..no nfl for me....I have better things to do...
Since I've not watched a football game in about 20 years,I don't much care what they do, and don't think I'll do anything different.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy

Awww. I'm glad you now know what the word "retroactive" means now. So sweet. For you.

I'm even more glad you can't point to anyone who mentioned "legally" until you did. I always appreciate an attorney-turned-real-estate-agent's advice. No, seriously. I appreciate it. Thanks.
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
People are mostly sheep and won't give up there nfl Sunday beer drinking session.. People in general have no principals to stad for anymore..no nfl for me....I have better things to do...

I've had many better reasons to drink on a Sunday than some foosball game.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Any day. I'm a free man, no job or bosses.

The NFL will probably drop the anthem and have some neeeegraazzz sing "America" instead or maybe "God Bless America". Since they're not The Anthem, it will be OK to kneel, squat, stand on your head, whatever.

Meantime college football will thrive, until those numbskulls who were recruited for on-field ability and not for any potential scholastic prowess start to kneel. It's coming to colleges near you. Mark my words.
League rules (not game rules) require the anthem to be played before every game, and the teams to stand for it. If the NFL chooses not to enforce the rule, then the players and team organizations are off the hook. Looks like that's what's happening.

Was happy to see the Steeler's QB speak out on how he regretted the decision to stay in the tunnel. Hope more follow suit.

I think Rush is right; the NFL as we knew it is done.
The NFL could tell the players they have to stand for the anthem. The NBA has a national anthem policy....stand or don't play. The 1st amendment protects you from the government not employers or other institutions.

NYH1.
Some good stuff, folks burning jerseys etc
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-25/anthem-protest

Fish,

Blow me Baldy

Awww. I'm glad you now know what the word "retroactive" means now. So sweet. For you.

I'm even more glad you can't point to anyone who mentioned "legally" until you did. I always appreciate an attorney-turned-real-estate-agent's advice. No, seriously. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sounds like I hurt your little pussy, sorry biitch...it's hard being an idiot, you don't even have to work at it.

Get a real job and contribute something useful to society, other than your stupid condescending comments....don't stay a loser your whole life.
Originally Posted by Pat85
If I need to watch some football I will watch a high school game on Fridays.

Yep....my wife and I attend our local high school team every Friday night. The will earn the right to play for the Maryland State championship again this year.

Doc
I'm on the leading edge of societal evolution as it relates to the nfl, I've been avoiding it for the past 65 years.
I'm on the leading edge of societal evolution as it relates to the nfl, I've been ignoring it for the past 65 years.

The need for Affirmative action in sports is apparent.

Never watched much sports , I am a Damn poor spectator.
Originally Posted by rem141r

They will stop playing t the anthem and think they have solved the problem.

I think you guys are right. When that happens, I think they'll lose more fans.
And I "think" you're spot on...
Quit having the anthem, don't give them the opportunity to belittle our country.
Me either and I played high school ball and wasn't too bad at it. Watch other people play a sport was never my idea for entertainment. I understand that some people love it and get into the whole team competition thing. To each his own. I dont say to others what they should do . There are worse pass times than watching football with your buddies. That said I dont watch much outdoor programing either. I watch a few select shows where they hunt in wild places. i dont care for watching someone sitting in a stand shooting deer and high fivin hollering I smoked them. But again to each his own.
Veiwership down only 10% doesnt seem like it will move the needle much. Maybe it will drop more.

I am with you on this. You can't teach respect and civics to this group now. I am not sure the NFL will get it. They keep blaming things on hurricanes. Really, who spends 3-4 hours a day watching hurricane coverage? I watched on Sunday and the beginning of last night's game, but I am done with them until they change dramatically. I am not sure I won't watch again, but it won't be over some ceremonial bone thrown to the masses.
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Any day. I'm a free man, no job or bosses.

The NFL will probably drop the anthem and have some neeeegraazzz sing "America" instead or maybe "God Bless America". Since they're not The Anthem, it will be OK to kneel, squat, stand on your head, whatever.

Meantime college football will thrive, until those numbskulls who were recruited for on-field ability and not for any potential scholastic prowess start to kneel. It's coming to colleges near you. Mark my words.

I agree with you. It will trickle down to college and high school. Give it time.
i havent seen much football the last few years, a trend likely to continue for some time to come
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Veiwership down only 10% doesnt seem like it will move the needle much. Maybe it will drop more.

Next Sunday and Monday will be the real test.

Dave
I wonder what the ratings were last night? Dallas is always a big MNF draw.

Edit: Looks like last nights ratings were quite high. Maybe folks tuning in to see if the Cowboys would bend the knee or stand at attention?

Here's the Packer Sitters.........

[Linked Image]

Attached picture packer sitters.jpg
It makes me glad I don't watch football games.
BTW: Here's a handy tip for you guys who want to watch the game, but don't want to let them know you are. Stop using the cable, satellite,or Internet. If you're watching cable, they know it. If you're watching via satellite, they know it. If you watch from the Internet, they know it. If you DVR a game off anything other than broadcast TV, they know it.

If you switch to Broadcast TV, there's no way to know what you're watching. If you switch back to broadcast TV from any other form of delivery, it'll look like you've turned off.

Me? I'll probably watch one more game. I gotta see if the Bengals go 0-4 or actually beat the Browns. Past that, I'm perfectly happy to leave the TV off on Sunday afternoons.
Here's another thing you can do to support Trump. Go into whatever restaurants or other vendors that are sponsors of your local team and tell them you eating here one last time, to let them know. You're boycotting their business until they drop sponsorship for the team. I plan a trip to the local Gold Star Chilli restaurant over lunch today and this will be my last order of Gold Star Coneys until February. I can get plenty good chili elsewhere.\

Every little bit helps.

Screw 'em.
Not a single freaking game in my house all year...including the super hype bowl.
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit. - - - - .

The NFL can and does direct the players regarding what they can and cannot wear, do and say under certain circumstances (all of those areas have been construed as "free speech"). Hypocrisy at work in the NFL leadership. Where do you get your "think"?

Just found out the NFL does require the players to be out on the field and stand during the National Anthem or get fined. They are breaking their rules and Goodell is allowing it.
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Next Sunday and Monday will be the real test.

Dave

Yep. It'll be tough but I'm not watching any football next Sunday/Monday. Maybe I'll go to church instead. 😉
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Edit: Looks like last nights ratings were quite high. Maybe folks tuning in to see if the Cowboys would bend the knee or stand at attention?

I think this Sunday and Monday had a lot of people tuning in for just that reason. To see what their teams were doing.

I love football but shut it down after the Baltimore and Jaguars stunt. I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave
I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave
In full cooperation with the media.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I think this Sunday and Monday had a lot of people tuning in for just that reason. To see what their teams were doing.

I love football but shut it down after the Baltimore and Jaguars stunt. I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave

That is the way I see it too. We now know from the top down it is condoned.
I've no idea what the nfl will do and really DGAF, but know exactly what I am doing.

Fish,

Blow me Baldy

Sounds like I hurt your little pussy, sorry biitch...it's hard being an idiot, you don't even have to work at it.

Get a real job and contribute something useful to society, other than your stupid condescending comments....don't stay a loser your whole life.

Is that retroactive? Is it even legally retroactive?
Originally Posted by hanco
Quit having the anthem, don't give them the opportunity to belittle our country.

That would be the end game of the left.
So if you take some kids from a failed culture, send them to college when they aren't college material, and
then give them millions to play a game...........that's the path to enlightenment?

The epitome of racism.

Just think how many cities will burn when they figure out they've been played by liberals and the media, did more to further enslave their people.

Eh.............they won't do [bleep] 'cept cry and claim to be super victims.
Didn't it take MLB 10 yrs to recover from the strike?
If NFL owners demanded some decent behavior from their players they'd risk maybe even more loss.
I'm not saying nationalism is a good thing..........but being a friggin coont sure isn't.
Well, the NFL has wanted to get established in Europe for quite awhile now.

They can bring their current teams and disrespect across the pond where there are even more flaming liberals than here. Then maybe they won't feel so "oppressed" ~sarcasm font~
I haven't watched a sporting event on TV in 25+ years. Couldn't tell you the names of the teams, nor the players, let alone who da fuuck is in the Superbowl year to year. Guys arguing with one another at work and playing their "fantasy leagues" always amused me.
You have a small life is the NFL thugs lead you around by the dich.
So if you are looking for someway of rationalizing drooling over thugs insulting you and your country, then you may as well move to San Fran and get the HIV. Getting it up the chute is your hobby.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I haven't watched a sporting event on TV in 25+ years. Couldn't tell you the names of the teams, nor the players, let alone who da fuuck is in the Superbowl year to year. Guys arguing with one another at work and playing their "fantasy leagues" always amused me.

Fantasy leagues of pretty clearly homo.
Here's a question for y'all: What happens when the US Army weighs in. As I remember last year, most of this Kapernick hooey was settled out before November came around and the NFL took off its pussy pink and started wearing camo in support of our miltary. That's because the US Army, one of the NFL's biggest partners, stepped in and put the kibosh on things. I can't wait for the Army to give their opinion on this.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Just found out the NFL does require the players to be out on the field and stand during the National Anthem or get fined. They are breaking their rules and Goodell is allowing it.

Where did you find this out?

NYH1.
Originally Posted by Dess
FYI

Who are the “official sponsors” of the NFL?

This season, it’s: Anheuser-Busch InBev; Barclays; Bose; Bridgestone; Campbell’s; Castrol; Dannon; DMI; EA Sports; Extreme Networks; FedEx; Ford; Frito-Lay (PepsiCo-owned); Gatorade (PepsiCo-owned); Hyundai; Intel; Marriott; Mars; McDonald’s; Microsoft; Nationwide; New Era; News America; Nike; Papa John’s; PepsiCo; Procter & Gamble; Quaker; Sirius XM; Ticketmaster; Under Armour; USAA; Verizon; Visa; and Zebra.

Thank you for posting, I will add these to my boycott list (most were probably there already)
Pepsico appears to be the biggest[overall] sponsor.
Bagged all my Seahawks tshirts, hats, and hoodies up, taking them to work to a guy with 4 teenage boys.... I'll find plenty to do with my free time on Sundays .....
Don't the people of Green Bay ,Wisconsin ,own the Packers? Well if thats true, then these idiots work for you the owners,and you have the right to set the work place rules and release the ones that don't follow the rules
Didn't read the whole thread. I think I can understand what the kneelers feel.
They feel like they are forced to pay tribute to something that doesn't always want to include them.

When I observe the national anthem before an event I regard it as taking a moment to give thanks for the circumstances and sacrifices that allow us to enjoy this event.
It is a little bit like saying grace before a meal only (to me anyway) it is just being grateful for a free country.

I get that people of color might feel like this is forced on them. It is not forced on them by the government though. This isn't a kingdom.
It 'could' be forced on them by their employers if they chose. Employers can dictate work conditions more restrictive local/state/federal laws. Kneeling is bad for business no doubt.
For me personally, on every one of my business correspondences I am forced to add a signature line with a logo, slogan, message, of a politician that I did not support and whom I feel has done a lot of damage. My employer has the right to impose that on me. I can't add another signature line that says something like 'the actions of the local administration do not reflect my personal beliefs'.

I really don't get turning Kapernick into some sort of social rights icon.

I REALLY don't get the idea of kneeling. To me kneeling looks more submissive, and subservient, than any other gesture they could do. Standing is a strong, proud, independent, posture. Sitting is just abstaining from it all. Kneeling shows subordination.

I really don't get why Trump weighs into this. Trump had a golden opportunity to show that race relations had improved since he took office. Days of the Obama street riots were over. This protest pre-dated Trump's tenure anyhow. It was like deliberately stepping into dog crap (similar to the N. Korea pi$$ing contest).

If this looks embarrassing now, imagine this happening at the world cup or the olympics.
I made my kid throw away his Seahawks cap and jersey. I didn't like professional sports before this BS started and I really despise it now. If they can't appreciate this country with the status and money it has provided for them I wish they would find a better country and move there immediately. They could easily afford it with the millions they get. By the way, if the president doesn't defend our flag who will.
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Didn't read the whole thread. I think I can understand what the kneelers feel.
They feel like they are forced to pay tribute to something that doesn't always want to include them. - - - -

Well, maybe they do feel that way - that's understandable - but so what? Feelings are simply that and hardly justification for radical action.

If they don't want to pay tribute, that can be fine - they can simply stand there and think their non-tribute thoughts. Instead, the making of an overt demonstration is their choice. This cuts all ways - there are times when I feel that the government is forcing me to do things I would rather not - and spending tax dollars/running programs and doing other things that exclude me. Do you not feel that way sometimes? Would that be a valid reason for me - or you - to dishonor our flag and anthem.

Understanding is one thing - supporting disrespect is another.
NFL:
Not
For
Long
If the NFL never played another game, it would not personally affect me one iota.

At this point, I really hope it just collapses, dries up & blows away.

Like MLB & the NBA, it's just been overtaken, for the most part, by a bunch of ghetto thugs who think they are really somebody now.

There's an old saying about a jungle & a bunny.............................I think it's still pretty accurate.

MM
Originally Posted by NYH1

NYH1.

It's in the NFL Rule Book. However, it states that they "Should" stand.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/
What about the games when a field sized Flag is held by service people? The players are going to look bad doing that disrespectful act. Or maybe it is just me?
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by NYH1

NYH1.

It's in the NFL Rule Book. However, it states that they "Should" stand.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

If the above is the full rule and policy of the team/league, they are NOT required to stand. Choosing to use the word "should" as opposed to "mandatory/compulsory/imperative", although patriotic duty dictates common sense with the Anthem...doesn't appear "they" care.

So like I said before, good luck making them stand...the players association will fight the establishment.
Like some others my interest in football is gone. I was a Bronco fan having grown up in Colorado and I still followed them. No more for me, no TV, no radio, and certainly no going to a game. The NFL is entertainment and they can stick their political posturing up their ass.
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by rlott

Sounds like a bargain. Lunch for my wife, grandson and I was $74 at a Braves game. Beer is $9.50 and a hot dog with fries is 16. The tickets were $200. You are getting off cheap. Of course, we have a fancy new stadium but a mediocre team.

For 300 bucks, if I wanted real entertainment I'd swing by the grocery store and pick up 2-gallons of Wesson, then go find a couple of hookers.
© 24hourcampfire